Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1492075 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by egoldi01: 5:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Please gurus in the house, how many fish can be comfortably raised to table size in an earthen pond of 30m by 52m with depth of about 4ft.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello gurus, I intend trying out catfish farming on a micro scale in my flat using 200L containers like the one in the pic attached .
Has anyone ever tried rearing catfish in such container? Would the fish survive?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
SLOVFO:
Hello gurus, I intend trying out catfish farming on a micro scale in my flat using 200L containers like the one in the pic attached .
Has anyone ever tried rearing catfish in such container? Would the fish survive?

No. It wouldn't, its too deep.
But if you are really clever with its design and flow through system, it could work. How many fish do you intend to grow in it?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
I hereby register my presence
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wumicipm(f): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
am in Abuja, how do i participate?

Ttalk:

There could be soo many things wrong apart from your water.
1. The maturity of the male and female broot
2.Latency period of injected female before. Stripping
3. Operation period which should not be more than ten minutes
4. Protection of sperm from direct contact with ordinary water
4. Placement of spawning vat for effective ovygenisation
5 Quality of water into the vat
6. Level of oxygen in your vat during incubation
7 Temperature and a whole lot of other things the video would not tell you. If you are aroud Abuja you can come over for free practical next weekend or I wiil do short video of my next spawning and send to you on whasapp
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 12:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Adeymorla:

No. It wouldn't, its too deep.
But if you are really clever with its design and flow through system, it could work. How many fish do you intend to grow in it?

I planned rearing about 20 fishes in each of the drums. I intend rearing them to about 500g weight and smoking them subsequently.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2017
wumicipm:
am in Abuja, how do i participate?

You can reach me through my mail goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Where is your location in Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2017
SLOVFO:
it will survive, u need to cut off the entire cover, put a tap down for discharging water. keep the containers outside. it will do well but u also need to be changing water regularly. you can stock upto 30 so at the end you will still achieve your target of 20 or 20+

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
amba2017:
it will survive, u need to cut off the entire cover, put a tap down for discharging water. keep the containers outside. it will do well but u also need to be changing water regularly. you can stock upto 30 so at the end you will still achieve your target of 20 or 20+

Thanks brothers. I will look into it. It will help me experiment with catfish farming without spending much. Later I will fully go commercial when I have mastered the art
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Agrozenith: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
A-Z livestock supplement.
This is and organic plant extract.
Help to boost the immunity of d livestock and provide rapid or faster growth.
For more contact:-07059331714
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
dking123:

i dont mind traveling, which part of Delta?
Isseluku...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
For all interested in learning how to rear catfish to table size using the latest technologies, Monthly training comes up 26th and 27th of July 2017. WhatsApp me on 08171373772 for details. Training location is Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bolawizzy: 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Large quantity of table size catfish for sale @Ijebu Ife, Ogun State.Size ranges from 1kg and above. Interested individuals can call 0805 818 4886. Thank you!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
SLOVFO:

You can't rear catfish in that drum, better to get a regular geepee tank.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by darkdragon: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
hello fish farmers, due to the high cost of feed and poor supply of electricity can anyone tale me the current cost of raising a Catfish from fingerlings to table size, please with details if necessary.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ferdybillion(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello people, I have some juvenile catfish for sale in warri. Contact me for affordable prices 08159752947
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
robonski15:

You can't rear catfish in that drum, better to get a regular geepee tank.
pls does one need to cut off d top of d geepee tank?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
ademola1333:

Not the regular GP tank for water storage, but the bafflike type that is not as high as the storage tank

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ttalk:

Not the regular GP tank for water storage, but the bafflike type that is not as high as the storage tank
Thanks! Considering cost, longevity and performance, which do you recommend between plastic and tarpaulin pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olaolu89(m): 7:33am On Jun 13, 2017
Please anyone with with useful information about where I can rent a pond in Kaduna south, close to Jaba local govt. Will appreciate or anyone who also needs catfish hatchery training close to d location. Am a corper just posted to Jaba, so I need a farm to continue my fish business here.pls anyone with information can pls contact my on 07034388380
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2017
ademola1333:

Thanks! Considering cost, longevity and performance, which do you recommend between plastic and tarpaulin pond?

A good tarp pond is always better than a good concrete pond. Concrete will always leak cos it's a porus material.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2017
Adeymorla:

A good tarp pond is always better than a good concrete pond. Concrete will always leak cos it's a porus material.
I want you to compare between PLASTIC and TARPAULIN pond. Not concrete ...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2017
ademola1333:

I want you to compare between PLASTIC and TARPAULIN pond. Not concrete ...

You don't need to use capital lettered words! I'm trying to help you here.

Plastic and Tarp are the same. Tarp is just flexible plastic.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
call 08060083474;see your goods delivered & pay
please Mr excelsiorfarms...I would love to have your manual... I'm planning of starting a fish farm very soon.
my email; samuelojokhue@gmail.com.
thanks boss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Adeymorla:

You don't need to use capital lettered words! I'm trying to help you here.

Plastic and Tarp are the same. Tarp is just flexible plastic.

I thought you didn't see it, that was why I capitulated it, I neva knew. Thanks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kaffyfolly: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
hello guru in d house. can I mix el-rox booster to catfish feed. it very popular among d poultry farmers. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2017
ademola1333:

Its the wide round tank am talking about.. U can get either geepee or Hart..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day fellow fish farmers,
Earthen pond users hope this everyday rain is not affecting you
God will bless our hustle.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by alee001: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day everyone ,please however long does it take fingerlings to reach table size,i am rearing them for the first time I do not kw much about catfish farming
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by baminasri(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day all, I want to rent a fish pond in Ikorodu. Please Whatsapp me on 08128470332 if you have. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
alee001:
Good day everyone ,please however long does it take fingerlings to reach table size,i am rearing them for the first time I do not kw much about catfish farming

I'm holding a training on Catfish Farming on the 26th and 27th June. Contact me on 08171373772 for details.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
A tarp pond of 14ft by 11ft with a depth of 4.5ft / can it take 1000 fishes to maturity

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.