Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54521 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
Mehnn my mouth was so dry during that flight. Thank God I had gum in my pocket

Gum is always a lifesaver.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by lawizle(m): 3:38am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]My flight from Italy to Nigeria (Alitalia) was easily one of the more "interesting" flights I've flown. I was with my brother and sister. We were late because of a one-hour delay from Frankfurt, so we were running through Fiumicino Airport like there was no tomorrow. We got to the gate 25 minutes late. I was already convinced that we had missed our flight. To our surprise, the flight was delayed as a good number of passengers had not yet presented themselves. They were showing up African time. The flight was also delayed due to excess carry-ons. It was as if everyone had a carry-on, even small kids. The storage in the plane was completely full. The flight attendants took luggage and put as many as they could in the flight attendant storage as well. The rest had to go under the plane with checked-in luggage.

So my siblings and I entered the plane. My sis and I were in front of my brother. As we walked the aisle, passengers, mostly men, brought out their phones and cameras and started snapping away. *flash flash flash*. Cameras flashing like they were paparazzi.

My sis and I had seats in the very back, and my brother's was one row in front. Initially, I thought that was a blessing. Na anti-blessing. Throughout the flight, people were queued in front of the restroom. As in, 6-10 men and women waiting in line at a time, which is against policy. Italian flight attendants no send for our matter at all. If it was elsewhere, those in queue would've been told to sit. A guy was actually toasting one girl in line. Imagine. What was worst was that it seemed as if all of them had full rectums at the same time. The kind of atomic bomb that the combined stenches concocted is comparable to no other stench. I had no choice but to enter as I was still wearing winter clothes as it was icy and snowing in Frankfurt, complete contrast of Lagos.

Six hours later, we were descending towards MMA. The plane was literally heading down. Flight attendants instructed us to put on our seatbelts. The light that tells passengers to remain belted and seated was on. One old mama youngi got up and headed towards the restroom. The flight attendant told her she had to remain seated. The old woman started arguing. "But I'm pressed!" The flight attendant instructed her again to return to her seat, put on her seat belt, and remain seated as it was for her own safety. The woman got angry and grumpy and started cursing the woman in her language as she went back to her seat. Lol.

The flight was grounded and we were finally getting up and ready to leave the plane. Jollof rice, puff puff, and dried meat were littered all over the floor of the plane. It was embarrassing. One could see the looks of frustration on the attendants' faces. I truly pitied them.

If that isn't annoyance, then I don't know what is lol.[/size]

Of all dat you wrote "old mama youngi" got me reeling...hope dey dint serve "Moinmoin" as well. =))˚°◦ see as ur laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 30, 2013
lawizle:

Of all dat you wrote "old mama youngi" got me reeling...hope dey dint serve "Moinmoin" as well. =))˚°◦ see as ur laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist.

They don't serve moinmoin yet. Maybe United Airlines may do so.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Even Dana offer better food on board.
ItsModella:
hahahahahahahaha!! say what? and I thought Delta was crap...looks like they're better.
That flight was just stress. I just thank God that BA were being greedy with their prices and we switched to KLM.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Gum is always a lifesaver.
Certainly
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:

That flight was just stress. I just thank God that BA were being greedy with their prices and we switched to KLM.

The KLM flight attendants are modellas in their own right.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I swear, their hostesses are hot, even the old ones still have some hotness going on.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:44am On Mar 30, 2013
Even 45mins flight from Lag to Abj you will be served tea,snacks and juice along with cookies on Dana airlines for just shinkini money.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by ocheejemb: 3:45am On Mar 30, 2013
This morning, on my way to the Caribbean for the Easter break in my G5, I asked for a glass of champagne and the stewardess brought me Moet. That poison. I fired her immediately.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

K
KAI ! they are fine die. There was one flight attendant, over 6ft tall, blonde hair, amazing skin and she was nice. She walked past me and I turned back I was like 'chineke'. I couldn't stop staring at her tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 30, 2013
oche_ejemb: This morning, on my way to the Caribbean for the Easter break in my G5, I asked for a glass of champagne and the stewardess brought me Moet. That poison. I fired her immediately.
Abeg who are you ?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:46am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
K
KAI ! they are fine die. There was one flight attendant, over 6ft tall, blonde hair, amazing skin and she was nice. She walked past me and I turned back I was like 'chineke'. I couldn't stop staring at her tongue
Lesbo spirit,I bind that spirit IJN,amen.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
K
ItsModella:
I swear, their hostesses are hot, even the old ones still have some hotness going on.

That's why some young guys (20-somethings) fall for older ladies. KLM's in-flight service is top notch though.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Lesbo spirit,I bind that spirit IJN,amen.
grin grin grin
Girls can admire.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:48am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
Those KLM hostesses look like Lebanese girls
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:48am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin
Girls can admire.
Na Lucas dem be
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bumdish: 3:48am On Mar 30, 2013
oche_ejemb: This morning, on my way to the Caribbean for the Easter break in my G5, I asked for a glass of champagne and the stewardess brought me Moet. That poison. I fired her immediately.
LOL. Hope you didn't throw her down?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by trolling(m): 3:50am On Mar 30, 2013
wetin we gon con do,we no fit travell pass domestic,una just dey show off sha...ok o grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Lesbo spirit,I bind that spirit IJN,amen.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I no be a lesbian o LOOOOL grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 30, 2013
Pure comedic gold grin grin grin grin grin
Una no go kill me with laughter for NL.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin
Girls can admire.
LOOOOOL if you saw her eh ! You no go sleep again throughout the flight.
adaobi123:

Shymexx is a witness to your claim grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:52am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:

What's with BA and high prices,yet they offer zero comfort.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
LOOOOOL if you saw her eh ! You no go sleep again throughout the flight.
Wow. I have a thing for tall ladies o.
I bet she will guarantee your trust in her, more than Guarantee trust Bank.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:53am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
No worry,I don bind the spirit since,na only adonis like us you go dey admire from today.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: What's with BA and high prices,yet they offer zero comfort.

They operate mostly old planes which require expensive maintenance regimen.
The average age of Emirates planes is 6.5 years.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:55am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
Wow. I have a thing for tall ladies o.
I bet she will guarantee your trust in her, more than Guarantee trust Bank.
GTB thingz
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Shymexx is a witness to your claim grin
grin grin grin grin shymexxx if you ever see this, make you tell them I ain't no lezzy, I'm a red blooded woman !! grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: What's with BA and high prices,yet they offer zero comfort.
Abi ? I no go fly am again
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
grin grin grin grin shymexxx if you ever see this, make you tell them I ain't no lezzy, I'm a red blooded woman !! grin grin

I meant Shymexx will say u are straight.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by enyhss(m): 3:56am On Mar 30, 2013
@Jollof,

I've actually witnessed most of the issues raised, but in my own opinion & observation, a larger percentage of these behaviors are very common on Lagos -London routes.

You always have to be prepared for all kinds of shenanigans Nigerians display when you are on this leg of your journey to & from United States, which is shameful to say the least. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying its only happening on this route.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:57am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

They operate mostly old planes which require expensive maintenance regimen.
The average age of Emirates planes is 6.5 years.
They should do away with those ancient jumbo planes then,British people are just too stingy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.