Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54513 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Its in Taraba State, North-eastern Nigeria.
Is it bad ?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:07am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Its only pastor-preneurs, top politicians and businesspeople that can afford a private jet.
I am actually thinking of owning one in few years from now,maybe a 97 Falcon.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Paentera(m): 3:08am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: Laugh catch me when i see some comments about wetin i write.

@Poster no dey find fault for Naija people.

Bros you too like epistle. Ah ah. I for no like meet person like you to gist about soccer, na so so to dey prove you're right! angry angry angry
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
This why I carry I overload to the airport because of cousins who ask for clothes, shoes etc.

I read about her. That women is receiving presidential salary abeg.

The article didn't allude to that. It said she owns her own shop somewhere in Lagos Island.
The girl blows $45,000 per year on shopping in London's Woolworth and other high-end stores.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
Is it bad ?

It's an ok airport, according to some reviews.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bumdish: 3:10am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Have u been to the Bole Intl' airport in Ethiopia?
I heard it is comparable to the Jalingo airport grin
Thats a big lie. Its 10 time berra than MMA
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

The article didn't allude to that. It said she owns her own shop somewhere in Lagos Island.
The girl blows $45,000 per year on shopping in London's Woolworth and other high-end stores.
LOOOL I know I was just joking around. Woolworths ?? That pen and pencil shop ?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:11am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Do you have her cell number?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Do you have her cell number?

I wish I had her number undecided
That girl is sitting on money!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:13am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
Now that's a killer blow
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 30, 2013
bumdish:
Thats a big lie. Its 10 time berra than MMA

I earlier said Jalingo/Bole are OK airports.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:13am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
Now that's a killer punch
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bumdish: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I earlier said Jalingo/Bole are OK airports.
Oh ok.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
LOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:14am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I wish I had her number undecided
That girl is sitting on money!
Maybe google can be of help
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:15am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Now that's a killer blow
chucky234: Now that's a killer punch
LOOOOL it's true na. It's where I used to buy my stationary for my exams tongue
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:16am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
LOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
grin grin grin grin they used to sell sweets too grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Maybe google can be of help

I no fit google person phone number. I no be NSA or CIA grin
Her name is Simi Osomo.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:18am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Paentera(m): 3:19am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Those stuff are usually for family and friends back in Naija, or for sale at their shops.

I read the story of a 25 year old Nigerian lady who travels to London 6 times a year. She typically spends 2 weeks in London on each trip. Her shopping bill for just two weeks is around $7,500.

Very true and there're many more who spend even more. My sis does pop into UK & USA for a combined 6-8 times annually and spends double that to stock up. Initially, she would come with so much luggage (to claim her VAT) but these days, she prefers her peace and sends the goods by cargo. No wahala of bribing some customs officer or her baggage taking hours on end to all come out of that nasty baggage section.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Fajzay: 3:19am On Mar 30, 2013
booqee: you're perfectly maadd! U quoted dat long post just to write nothing?! Na thunder go faya ur yansh! angry

'Eazy' bro. OP only typed his observations!!!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:19am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:

LOOOOL it's true na. It's where I used to buy my stationary for my exams tongue
You jst used London brain for my buddy
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Got her hooked on FB
Sharp guy!! grin

I fit even send am friend request too.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Got her hooked on FB
This boy you are serious. Even when she shops at a pen and pencil shop, you still want her ? grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Paentera:

Very true and there're many more who spend even more. My sis does pop into UK & USA for a combined 6-8 times annually and spends double that to stock up. Initially, she would come with so much luggage (to claim her VAT) but these days, she prefers her peace and sends the goods by cargo. No wahala of bribing some customs officer or her baggage taking hours on end to all come out of that nasty baggage section.
I fit be your brother inlaw

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: You jst used London brain for my buddy

I go like see Stamford Bridge, since I'm a CFCfan.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: You jst used London brain for my buddy
undecided
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Fajzay: 3:21am On Mar 30, 2013
israel007: What of when u land and everyone just stands up wanting to get out of the plane as though there's something eating them on board!

Isreal007 ... You r spot on!!! Was about saying that
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 3:22am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
This boy you are serious. Even when she shops at a pen and pencil shop, you still want her ? grin grin grin
The babe dey do serious shopping ooo,forget that pen and pencil Woolworths thing ooo

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bambuzz88: 3:22am On Mar 30, 2013
Jollof: Like me, I bet you've all run around with your bathing towels wrapped above your shoulders like a cape and pretended to be Superman (and if you haven't then it's never too late!). Ever since I was a little brat I wanted to take to the skies. Air travel is the next best thing and I'm always looking forward to having a glass plastic cup of ice-cold apple juice which always tastes better at 10,000 feet. What could possibly disrupt this moment of long-awaited bliss? Cue the Nigerians... On my recent return trip from New York alone I encountered 7 annoying things Nigerians did on the plane:

1. Securing beds...in Economy Class! There's a game Nigerian passengers play whenever they're on-board a semi-full airplane - It's kind of similar to Musical Chairs...but without the music. Passengers snub the seats assigned to them and scout for a stretch of three to four empty seats before take-off. Handbags and other luggage items are strategically placed on empty seats in the hope for that Business Class experience - pathetic.

2. Making dramatic Nollywood scenes. Whoever said 'Rules are meant to be broken' must have been a Nigerian. We're pretty damn good at breaking rules...into smithereens, just for good measure. There was one woman sat at the front of economy class with her less-than-a-year-old baby. She put her baby down on the empty seat next to her when the seat belt light was off (not sure if that's proper in the first place but I'll let her off on that one). The moment the seat belt light was back on, however, one of the air hostesses called her to order and told her to strap her baby in place - RED ALERT! RED

,are you a nigerian?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Paentera(m): 3:22am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: I fit be your brother inlaw

Ha ha...joker. Dat babe dropped a bouncing baby boy almost eight years ago! She no dey market again na. grin grin grin grin cool cool tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Enugu And Lagos In The List Of 100 Resilience Cities In The World / Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.