Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1165376 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dannyset:
Pls which app can one use to share large files on Q10? just like flash share on android fone.

Nfc, bluetooth and WiFi direct are inbuilt features for sharing files between two devices

Have u tried anyof them?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Dannyset(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
walcolm:

Nfc, bluetooth and WiFi direct are inbuilt features for sharing files between two devices

Have u tried anyof them?
I mean Q10 with other phones(not another Q10).
Thanks!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kazzonline: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
The person that updated that bb10 glo sub for 1k 3gb has veen cancelled is a big lair!! The plan is still hot and fresh,someone jes activated right now!!

If u call customer care to activate the plan on ur bb10 they wud tell u its been cancelled and giv u oda options whilin reality its stil blazing

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by aamstih: 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello Friends, my Q10 sometimes self wipe my text messages, emails, and call register from from the BlackBerry hub. What could be the possible cause and how can it be stopped? Thankks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
scarr:

As much as i would like to see d price much more lower than that, Priv would be a flagship device and a pioneer device for BB, d passport is already in that price range, all flagship devices of 2015 are higher than $630 already.
if people can be buying iphone and sammy for almost 200k den 125000 for bb with similar and in some cases better spec isnt too bad

Bro, the price is too much for the phone if they truly wanna have a turn around. You can't compare Sammy and Apple to BB neither can you compare their fans. The last flagships from these devices are solid and damn good all round. The chipset in priv is not too strong. We are yet to know the camera quality tho, if it doesn't outclass S6, G4, Nexus 6p or iPhone 6s then its another story.

The best thing BB can good is price this phone well and not that 630. The earlier they rake in sales the better, after few months the urge and all would subdue and you start hearing more news about upcoming devices and newest chipsets et al. I wish them well tho but that price isn't good enough to pull customers to them. They should know that most people buying these devices wouldn't be BB10 guys
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
walcolm:

based on spec, there are very few better devices than Priv at prices lower than that....and don't forget its an Android with the Blackberry keyboard...what the iOS and Android world has been dreaming of for ever

Do you know you can buy LG G4 at a cheaper price, that price is same with the cost of S6 and Nexus 6p likewise LG V10. These devices are guaranteed with updates while BB's future is blinking. If they can price is well, before people start thinking about their future they would have gotten it. Articles would pop up questioning BB's future which would change some potential buyers mind. This is their last shot like they said, they should take handle it maximally.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
you definitely dont know what you're talking about...what do u mean the future of a BB hardware running android not guaranteed? a BB hardware with keyboard running android doesn't have a future? really? seriously?

maybe you should read your own post and review it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dannyset:
I mean Q10 with other phones(not another Q10).
Thanks!

NFC, Bluetooth and Wifi Direct are features available on all smartphones (irrespective of manufacturer) worth being called smartphone and they can talk to each other. iPhone is the only one in a cage
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
walcolm:
you definitely dont know what you're talking about...what do u mean the future of a BB hardware running android not guaranteed? a BB hardware with keyboard running android doesn't have a future? really? seriously?

maybe you should read your own post and review it

Relax urself and re read my message. John Chen himself said it that the future of BB lies on the sales on priv.

Now answer my question

What would happen to the buyers of priv for the next 2 years if blackberry chooses not to product another phone again?
Do know it cost loads and takes lots of time for software updates?
BB claims that priv would be secured, imagine android been attacked and priv isn't left out, don't you think they would need to send out update often to fix it?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
Like I said, read your message again and maybe you'll realise it doesn't make sense

There are 1.2billion devices running Android. They have crappy security and no keyboard yet the Samsungs of this world have made billions in revenue off the sales of devices running the OS

How then will a more secure version of that OS with a keyboard not sell? The two things that the android universe has been craving?

Oh by the way, John Chen never said at anytime on any medium that the future of BlackBerry rests on the sales of priv...it's people like you who conjure that up in your own minds

Even if BlackBerry never makes another hardware after priv, that has nothing to do with anyone who buys the priv. There are many phone manufacturer who have gone uncder and there are many mobile OSS that have been discontinued. Those who bought those devices moved on to other things and that will not be any different in this case if BlackBerry ever chooses to exit hardware manufacturing
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 14, 2015
You can't compare Blackberry to Samsung at the moment. The sales of Samsung itself has dropped but the brand still stills like hot cakes. Do you know the amount Samsung spends on advertising? Do know the top notch hardware Samsung includes in their flagships? Lets be frank with ourselves, there's nothing like secured OS. An OS will only be secured when those bad guys don't have its time or when they know they wouldn't make any money in return.

Android would always be attacked cos
1: Its open source
2: Its the most populous OS

Since priv would be running Android, it won't be as secured as Blackberry thinks. Yes, those bad guys will keep attacking it and when loopholes is detected and Google send its fix. It wil take OEMs sometime to get it working on their phones which will also cost a fortune. It will always cost a fortune in updating phones.

Bro, the best BB can do is to quickly rake in the sale they can. Android market is clustered. Gone are the days when you decide for the market, now the market decides for you. People really get confused in choosing phones these days on Android and BB would suffer same fate. Keyboard and "security" wouldn't change anything. Just yesterday, J.P. Morgan announced that they will stop handing out BlackBerry handsets to employees. Its a huge blow to the company.

Btw, John Chen said it. I can't just start looking it up now. From the leaks that has been surfacing,i don't think it will have a fingerprint. If it does then great but if it doesn't then thats another ish.

I wish them well tho
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tunnyflow(m): 7:20am On Oct 14, 2015
walcolm:
Like I said, read your message again and maybe you'll realise it doesn't make sense

There are 1.2billion devices running Android. They have crappy security and no keyboard yet the Samsungs of this world have made billions in revenue off the sales of devices running the OS

How then will a more secure version of that OS with a keyboard not sell? The two things that the android universe has been craving?

Oh by the way, John Chen never said at anytime on any medium that the future of BlackBerry rests on the sales of priv...it's people like you who conjure that up in your own minds

Even if BlackBerry never makes another hardware after priv, that has nothing to do with anyone who buys the priv. There are many phone manufacturer who have gone uncder and there are many mobile OSS that have been discontinued. Those who bought those devices moved on to other things and that will not be any different in this case if BlackBerry ever chooses to exit hardware manufacturing

I like your arguments with @ollah1 cos it's not insulting but educating most of us... but as for me I'm not happy BlackBerry moved onto the android platform... I hate android ehn.. cos it lags at the end no matter how hard they try to manufacture it and the security is crazy... I wonder the phone I will use if they stop manufacturing sha
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2015
@ollah

The problem i see here is that you're running on antiquated information.

Samsung doesn't sell like hot cake anymore, they used to and lots of people like you still have that impression. if they were selling their flagships like hot cake they wont be making losses on their hardware.Samsung releases more than 10 new devices every year mostly cheap low end and repackaged mid range to the flagship using the concept of throwing everything against the wall to see which sticks. and yes, they spend millions on advertising and their sales are still slumping

Blackberry releases at most two devices in a year

every single iPhone has 'generally' beaten equivalent Samsung flagships on benchmark so their hardware are not exactly market leading

you're free to have your opinion on how BB will perform, you're entitled to it and you wont be the first. i'm particular about the quality and authenticity of any information posted to this thread and will challenge any misinformation or incorrect conclusions

this thread was created to provide guidance to those who are interested in BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10 devices and those who use and require help on getting the best from their BB10 devices.

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2015
tunnyflow:

I like your arguments with @ollah1 cos it's not insulting but educating most of us... but as for me I'm not happy BlackBerry moved onto the android platform... I hate android ehn.. cos it lags at the end no matter how hard they try to manufacture it and the security is crazy... I wonder the phone I will use if they stop manufacturing sha

The company is exploring options. making a BlackBerry hardware running android OS sounds strange to most people BUT the truth is that the new BB10 OS actually has the same origin as the android OS (one of the reason it was easy to make it possible to install android apps)

BlackBerry the company has lost a lot of market/ consumer goodwill over the year and despite the BB10 OS being better and more secure than any other OS, most people who used the old BBOS are still just too traumatized to even check out BB again to know that the OS is now different and that has also carried over to app developers who are the ones who make any OS tick

the future is not cast in stone, anything can happen

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2015
kazzonline:
The person that updated that bb10 glo sub for 1k 3gb has veen cancelled is a big lair!! The plan is still hot and fresh,someone jes activated right now!!

If u call customer care to activate the plan on ur bb10 they wud tell u its been cancelled and giv u oda options whilin reality its stil blazing
thanks for this undiluted information.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2015
@walcolm

Like i said earlier, Samsung sales is down likewise other Android OEMs but Samsung still sell more than top Android OEMs combined. Every company have different philosophy in approaching the market. Sammy produces loads of phones for diff market, Apple just 2-3 in a year, Blackberry 2-3 in a year but to stay afloat in the Android market, you must follow Samsung's Approach because there are other OEMs out there trying to gain stand

Apple controls both hardware and software so if you wanna use iOS, you must buy an iPhone but you have varities of phones to choose from if it were to be Android. I disagree with your statement regarding every single iPhone beaten equivalent Samsung flahships. Besides, benchmarks aren't the same with real life experience.

Android and BB10 doesn't have the same origin as the earlier is based on Linux while the latter is based on QNX. Blackberry knows the market is saturated especially the Androids and the way to get into it is price. That amount is pretty high, knowing fully well they are trying to get back into the market.
Well, John Chen could have a different strategy to get people to buy it in one way or another but i just don't wanna see them go down.

I just want them to be afloat as possible. Its gonna be a bad thing to technology seeing Nokia go down and Blackberry/Sony/HTC following same route. Nope never
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2015
tunnyflow:

They had no choice than to use Android. If you can't beat them then you join them they say.. Regarding Android lagging, its subjective. Most flagships from top OEMs doesn't really lag. iOS lags too, i believe you know that.
The security aspect is really expected cos its open source and its got loads of users. iOS is closed source but its also not secured. Only Windows and BB10 are secured but the only reason why they are is because they don't have market value so hackers can't wait time attacking them when they know little or nothing will show at the end
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2015
Ollah1,

Your opinion or my opinion on what's going to happen or what should happen doesn't matter. You're not in any position to influence the company.

Most of your analysis and conclusions are flawed

You're entitled to your views but I still insist that this thread is not for airing views and opinions but for providing help and support to BlackBerry 10 users

Stay with facts only. Feel free to create a commentary thread to share your views

I trust this 'post of mine' will be the last post on this issue

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by aamstih: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Oga walcom. I dey greet.

aamstih:
Hello Friends, my Q10 sometimes self wipe my text messages, emails, and call register from from the BlackBerry hub. What could be the possible cause and how can it be stopped? Thankks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
How much call log, Text messages and emails th saved on the device is a function of available internal memory and its dynamic

If you have many apps installed and use up a large chunk of the 16gb internal memory, the phone will be optimizing by deleting old call logs and text messages

Advise: free up as much space as you can. Uninstall apps you don't use. Save your pictures, music and videos on a SD card
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
I'm getting pop ups each time I open an app that uses Internet,: badoo, Instagram, opera mini,truecaller etc..im using a z30..any help??
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lordmayor4(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639 for sale
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ha you tried to search on BlackBerry world? If you can't find one you like, try amazon appstore. Just type 'vpn' without the quotes a you should get suggestions

Both apps are on your device already
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by freaknik: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
z30 for sale in PHC. 40k OBO, 09098193223

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
Blackberry Q10 for sale, location-oshodi lagos, price-26000. Interested call 08110797020

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Good morning Mr walcolm and all,i've been having problems in my web browsers for quite a while now.I haven't been able to access some websites through my native browser and other browser apps as well.But some others do open.I really have no idea why.Any help please?Thanks.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2015
ollah1:

Bro, the price is too much for the phone if they truly wanna have a turn around. You can't compare Sammy and Apple to BB neither can you compare their fans. The last flagships from these devices are solid and damn good all round. The chipset in priv is not too strong. We are yet to know the camera quality tho, if it doesn't outclass S6, G4, Nexus 6p or iPhone 6s then its another story.

The best thing BB can good is price this phone well and not that 630. The earlier they rake in sales the better, after few months the urge and all would subdue and you start hearing more news about upcoming devices and newest chipsets et al. I wish them well tho but that price isn't good enough to pull customers to them. They should know that most people buying these devices wouldn't be BB10 guys

BB may not have fans like d other devices
but bros ye chipset not too strong?
same chipset in G4, same in Nexus 5x, Lumia 950 and even d latest LG V10.....take it easy on bb na

And forget specs, you and i know BB's hardware is over reliable, look at dem Z10 and Q10 with thier small specs, they dont still hang, dier 8mp cam is better than some phones 13mp cam

Priv's cam is 18mp while Sammy S6's is 16mp
Priv's Battery is 3150mah while Sammy S6's is 2600mah

So pls whats makes flagship from other devices "solid and damn good all round" while Priv inferior to them.....

But dont get me wrong tho, im not saying i wont love to see d price below #100,000, trust me d lower d price, d quicker i can get my own copy....
but sayin they shld drop price because its not up to other flagship devices is not nice at alll
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2015
ollah1:

They had no choice than to use Android. If you can't beat them then you join them they say.. Regarding Android lagging, its subjective. Most flagships from top OEMs doesn't really lag. iOS lags too, i believe you know that.
The security aspect is really expected cos its open source and its got loads of users. iOS is closed source but its also not secured. Only Windows and BB10 are secured but the only reason why they are is because they don't have market value so hackers can't wait time attacking them when they know little or nothing will show at the end
haba saying hackers wont benefits from from hacking BB is just laughable,
they wont benefit from hacking a phone top govt officials and top management personnels were/are using.
but they would rather benefit from hacking a phone teenagers use to take selfies.....lol what an irony of stupid hackers grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by abdulaliyu25(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2015
Pls can someone help me I have z10 and my Snapchat is not working any help pls
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
scarr:

BB may not have fans like d other devices
but bros ye chipset not too strong?
same chipset in G4, same in Nexus 5x, Lumia 950 and even d latest LG V10.....take it easy on bb na

And forget specs, you and i know BB's hardware is over reliable, look at dem Z10 and Q10 with thier small specs, they dont still hang, dier 8mp cam is better than some phones 13mp cam

Priv's cam is 18mp while Sammy S6's is 16mp
Priv's Battery is 3150mah while Sammy S6's is 2600mah

So pls whats makes flagship from other devices "solid and damn good all round" while Priv inferior to them.....

But dont get me wrong tho, im not saying i wont love to see d price below #100,000, trust me d lower d price, d quicker i can get my own copy....
but sayin they shld drop price because its not up to other flagship devices is not nice at alll

You should understand something simple.. When blackberry formerly RIM dominated the world with BBOS, nobody said a shit about the price but its a different story at the moment. You can't compare Blackberry to Samsung/LG/Google, you and i both know that. Android users are very price cautious cos there is always a new Android phone around the corner.

To get at them is by pricing the phone pretty well. Do you know how much G4 cost in the market now? Its even getting MM next week. Nexii will always be updated. People love to try out new devices usually as a secondly use but price would always be considered.

Regarding specs, S6 camera is the second best only behind Z5. The numbers don't always mean. Moto X pure has higher MP but is below
The battery size is pretty large but if its not properly optimized then it won't mean a thing just like G4.

P.S the phone won't be available till November and when reviews start popping up, it would be in mid nov. You should by then big tech companies will start discussing their plans for early next year phones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.