Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The Lost Key - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lost Key (26350 Views)

The Lost Shoe ( A Short Story) / The Lost Love / The Lost Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Authors note:

During my study in psychology I made a personal research on the function of the parents in the family. This research made me discover something deeper than you would imagine. Here is a brief summary of my finding:

The mother: Her relationships with her kids are more physical; she carries them in the womb for nine months, beast feeds them, bath them, feed them etc. All these makes her your mother, and a child’s life long interaction with the mother is based on these.

This form of relationship when healthy helps build the child’s self-awareness and provides the child a healthy feeling of belonging. It helps the child set future goals at a young age and knows where she/he is heading to. This is when the child can confidently say, I want to be a doctor with determination. The mother’s relationship is more of a learning thing. The child, through this, can discern wrong from right, good and bad, dos and donts. It also helps the child discover the kind of person he/she is i.e. personality traits, desires, introvert/extrovert, external/internal locus of control etc. mother-child relationship also makes the child love his/her world and in turn it makes him/her feel loved.

The father: His relationships with the kids are psychological; he only knows they are his children based on awareness. The physical contact is minimal; therefore he shares something more internal with them. This relationship is all in the brain.

This relationship if healthy helps the child in building a high self-esteem, self-worth, healthy need to achieve and a healthy feeling of self love. The fathers-child relationship helps the child build strong desire to achieve goals set out as a result of healthy relationship with the mother. Such child tends to control his/her world and is not easily swayed by external information that is contrary to belief. He/she is not afraid of authority figures but will have respect for them. The child most times ends up being a leader. The intelligent quotient of a child with healthy father relationship tends to be much higher than his/her counterpart.

Generally a combination of both relationship helps build a friendlier child, less promiscuous child, more determined child and reasonable child.

Some facts to note:
1. Mother-child relationship makes the child love his/her world; father-child relationship elicits self love.
2. Father-child relationship is extremely important, but seriously lacking in our environment. Mother-child relationship is more common and often over rated.
3. Father-child relationship is usually more effective and much more important for the girl child (father-daughter relationship)
4. The girl child learns more by observing and listening, while the male child learns more by experience (he is a bad listener).
5. It is better to have a problematic male child than a problematic girl child. The former is more likely to change than the latter.
6. Personality traits must be taken into cognizance in child upbringing.
7. It is much better to build a relationship with your children than to see their upbringing as a training activity.
8. Nothing is a guarantee in child upbringing, humans have a way of coming up with surprises.

Please note that these are my personal finding and are therefore subject to criticism.

7 Likes

Re: The Lost Key by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
wow! Really nice story, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Lost Key by oyestephen(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Frankie.....thanx for the moral lesson...so useful....a useful tool for reshapening families
Re: The Lost Key by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
That was great Frank and I was like wow! Wow! After reading the new update. You came back with stronger than before, your gifted dear.

There is one big thing that didn't sit well with me though, the ladies monthly thingy. Would you atleast use another word? Discharge sounded too erm....you know.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 9:19am On Apr 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: That was great Frank and I was like wow! Wow! After reading the new update. You came back with stronger than before, your gifted dear.

There is one big thing that didn't sit well with me though, the ladies monthly thingy. Would you atleast use another word? Discharge sounded too erm....you know.

thanks, when i started writing again, i found out it was even the only way i could get my mind a lot of things. about the monthly thing... can u help me suggest another word? as a lady i mean
Re: The Lost Key by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
frank3.16:

thanks, when i started writing again, i found out it was even the only way i could get my mind a lot of things. about the monthly thing... can u help me suggest another word? as a lady i mean
m glad you have something to fall back on dear.

Please use Monthlies its kinda non offensive. grin grin
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: m glad you have something to fall back on dear.

Please use Monthlies its kinda non offensive. grin grin

thanks, i have just effected the correction.

where my guys at?

1 Like

Re: The Lost Key by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
frank3.16:

where my guys at?
its sunday afternoon lol, they will be here don't worry

And thanks
Re: The Lost Key by An0nimus: 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
frank3.16:

where my guys at?
We full ground breketegrin

Story is so so so so so on point. Well done

E for make sense for film shawink
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
An0nimus:
We full ground breketegrin

Story is so so so so so on point. Well done

E for make sense for film shawink

ya, i already have it on script but its too short... most nigerian producers like em too long. u know, the part one and part two thing
Re: The Lost Key by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:16am On Apr 15, 2013
frank3.16:

ya, i already have it on script but its too short... most nigerian producers like em too long. u know, the part one and part two thing
lol now I know why Nigerian movies take 6hours. Ya'll do a lot of writing.
Re: The Lost Key by BlueLantern: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2013
Oga frank....i hail o....nice story
Re: The Lost Key by vanagon: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2013
thank u sooo much,4 d story remain bless.So Sorry abt ur Losss.d Lord is ur streght.tanx once again
Re: The Lost Key by iebanehita(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2013
Frankie, we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ your bck. Thumbs up to U̶̲̥̅̊. Nyc one.
Luvd Your̶̲̥̅̊ update on d father-child ish...
Re: The Lost Key by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2013
Hey frankie, e make sense wella, and ur research are well gotten, it shows more abt the family which i need 2 put down, (future use sha) u make sense. WAT A WONDERFUL PIECE FROM A WONDERFUL, BRILLIANT WRITER
Re: The Lost Key by awesomeme2: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
i enjoyed the story.....thank you.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
thank you guys, and thank you all for thanking me.

lol @Damexx, i have been waiting for your comment, nice you know u feel this way about the story.

and too all who enjoyed the story... what can i say, you all have been great and u are all helping me cope with this unfortunate situation i found myself.

and for those who haven't read my other stories, cyber lover and tenth generation, pls do. thanks

i also intend to open a thread in the family section on the family issue i pointed out.
Re: The Lost Key by adunolaoye(f): 10:17am On Apr 19, 2013
Dear lord, thank you for blessing me with dis write-up.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2013
adunolaoye: Dear lord, thank you for blessing me with dis write-up.

now that was funny... thank u lol
Re: The Lost Key by princesa(f): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2013
the story is nice, short and didactic, an invaluable story for this generation.

i was following like then, lost the link and searchd the archives for it.

it was worth the read. but you did not correct those typos that were pointed out......

more ink to your pens
adios!smiley
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
princesa: the story is nice, short and didactic, an invaluable story for this generation.

i was following like then, lost the link and searchd the archives for it.

it was worth the read. but you did not correct those typos that were pointed out......

more ink to your pens
adios!smiley

thanks babes... your taking chance story is making me wish i could write like u, i am following u like ur scape goat
Re: The Lost Key by princesa(f): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
frank3.16:

thanks babes... your taking chance story is making me wish i could write like u, i am following u like ur scape goat
i feel flatteredcheesy
Re: The Lost Key by zinylizzy(f): 5:40am On May 13, 2013
frank, dis. was really wonderful. u are unique as always. i'm so sorry about ur love that passed away...
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 12:26pm On May 13, 2013
zinylizzy: frank, dis. was really wonderful. u are unique as always. i'm so sorry about ur love that passed away...
thanks for ur concern... lizzy and thanks for reading
Re: The Lost Key by avicky(f): 10:11pm On May 13, 2013
Wow! This is so unlike u.
Frankly speaking, this story though very short has taught me a lot to put in to practice. Thanks dude!
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 8:54am On May 14, 2013
lol avicky... where have u been, i missed u.
Re: The Lost Key by MsSpaqs(f): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Nyc story,u jst nid 2 gt d time frame ryt
Re: The Lost Key by Emeraldz(f): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
Uncle frank, this is beautiful. More power to you!
Re: The Lost Key by Melancholy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
I think this idea of ''lost key'' can be practice at home if such family life is in jeopardy.Uncle frank can kids try this at home?I must say,well done!
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Melancholy: I think this idea of ''lost key'' can be practice at home if such family life is in jeopardy.Uncle frank can kids try this at home?I must say,well done!

lol... the kids must be ready to face the consequences of their action, both past and present because everything will be exposed.. thank though
Re: The Lost Key by princesa(f): 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
frank, I've come to learn at your feet, how do you write so many story and finish them all, yet you're not tired midway? embarassed
Re: The Lost Key by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2013
What a brilliant work!!! One thing that I learn't is that Family is very important and shouldn't be joked with. Family must come next after God before any other thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) / Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.