Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) (1351 Views)

Rivers Rerun:See Pics Of Flag Amachree,APC Thug Who Killed A Man In Asari Toru / RiversRerun:APC Chieftain Kills Innocent Security Man In Asari Toru LGA(photo) / Breaking News!!! Gunmen Directing Election In Akuku Toru LGA Of Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawman4all(m): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2013
In my dream last night I dreamt about the creation of toru-Ebe state
A state for the ijaws living in the costal line. To me this creation
Is long over due as the people living in this rigion of the country
Are from time in memorial have been the object of neglect and deprivation
They are like a people out of the Nigeria continent as they don't enjoy
All the few benefits people in the high land enjoys as they bath from
The stream they defecate on and also drink from that water.
They have no Electricity and no road linking them to the high land they are totally
Cut off from the other part of the country. In my opinion if this dream
Comes through a budget that would be directly to develop this region
Would make the yearnings and aspirations of this people come alive.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by atikubaba(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2013
one of the known symptoms of malaria plus plus,consult ur GP.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by Tigerhead: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2013
@OP

I dream of 2 states toru-ebe and oil-rivers state. The creation of these 2 states will go a long way to assist the ijaw and ijaw speaking people.

1 Like

Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by IGBOSON1: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2013
Bayelsa is an entirely Ijaw state; if it hasn't made giant strides like Akwa Ibom and Rivers state have (even with their small population), what makes you think that Toru-ebe will be different?

I reckon it will be taken over by Ijaw thugs, ex-militants, oyel-bunkerers and pirates even before the ink has dried on the signed document announcing its birth!

PS- i do think though that the present governor of Bayelsa is doing ok so far.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawman4all(m): 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
From your name I can tell that your an igbo son. One of the so called
Majority tribes in Nigeria that has benefited from Arthur Richards
Constitution of 1946 which made prominent regionalism which further
More has brought ethnic diffrences making 3 tribes dominate 247.
For your statement is coming from a very tribalistic and parochial
Perspective. The igbos can be located in all this part in Nigeria
Most or all parts of:
Abia State, Anambra State, Ebonyi State, Enugu State, Imo State
Major parts of:
Delta State, Rivers State
Minor parts of:
Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Cross River State, Edo State, Kogi State.No doubt they are a majority and its quite unfortunate that the ijaws have been the source
Of nigerian economy from the onset starting from the palm oil trade,
To slave trade and now crude oil. At every stage in our lives we have sustain
This country economically. Its the crude that ojukwu saw that made him declare
Biafra republic hoping to assimilate the ijaws but we were wiser than that
If the igbos have been the tribe sustaining this country "others for don chop shit"
If the igbos with all this population and land mass have little or no economic
Benefit to Nigeria can possess these number of states why can't the ijaws that have
sustained this country have more states what developement has the so called
Eastern states recorded owerri is now turned apart with its deputy impeachment saga
Let's not try to be sentimental and tribalistic. Ur statement is like biting the hands
that fed you and still feeding you and would continue to feed you and your childrens
Children. And for the records bayelsa state is not entirely an ijaw speaking state. The
Books are there go and read.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by BarbieBlues(f): 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
ijawman4all: From your name I can tell that your an igbo son. One of the so called
Most or all parts of:
Major parts of:
Minor parts of:
Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Cross River State, Edo State, Kogi State.No doubt they are a majority and its quite unfortunate that the ijaws have been the source
If the igbos have been the tribe sustaining this country "others for don chop shit"
Benefit to Nigeria can possess these number of states why can't the ijaws that have
Eastern states recorded owerri is now turned apart with its deputy impeachment saga
Let's not try to be sentimental and tribalistic. Ur statement is like biting the hands
that fed you and still feeding you and would continue to feed you and your childrens
Children. And for the records bayelsa state is not entirely an ijaw speaking state. The
U say som1 s being tribalistic whl ure worse! Wetin igbo people do u? Go bath ontop transforma abeg
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by Abagworo(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
To start with, most of what we call tribes in Nigeria were ethnic groups crafted by whitemen to ease administrative convenience. That said, I've noticed that once someone from another ethnic group or State has a different view, he is termed tribalist. Igbo-son is the last Nairalander to be identified with anything tribal. I once opened a thread suggesting what you wrote above, only for a Nairalander from Ijaw to rain abuses on me because I'm Igbo and he claimed Igbos have no right to suggest something good for Ijaw.

https://www.nairaland.com/1149713/ijaw-deserves-1-2-more

Now can you see that Igbos are not your enemy as wrongly believed. Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawman4all(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
The only reason that would make igboson kick against more state
For the ijaws is because its not an igboman asking for More states
That's tribalistic and ethnocentricism the way we manage our wealth
Shouldn't be your bussiness and for the records the igbo man only
Started becoming the friend of the ijaws in the third republic. This
Present democratic dispensation
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by Abagworo(m): 12:53am On Apr 01, 2013
ijawman4all: The only reason that would make igboson kick against more state
Divide and rule politics affected the psyche of Nigerians in general and that is why I hardly agree with most Nigerians including Igbos like myself. Dump those ethnocentric part of you and you'll understand that Igbo-son meant no harm. He is only worried that creation of more States might still not impact on the masses. That's a healthy argument if you remove tribal sentiments.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by IGBOSON1: 1:42am On Apr 01, 2013
ijawman4all: The only reason that would make igboson kick against more state

^^^Well i'm sorry if i offended you, but my post wasn't out of malice. I even want the Ijaws to have their own country sef so they can manage and enjoy their own resources 100%; and if other ethnicities (Igbos included) can't survive on their own without Ijaw oyel, then it will serve them right!

I normally come down hard on people i care about, and that is why i hold the feet of some governors in the south east to the fire so they can pull their socks up and do better. If you're honest with yourself, you'd agree that Bayelsa hasn't fared that well with governance; probably until the coming of the present governor who seems to be doing well......so far!
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by CyberG: 4:41am On Apr 01, 2013
Give the Ijaws the state or as many as they want. However, the truth is many states do not guarantee a better life for its citizens or development. When the Western region blazed the trail, leaving all the other regions of the North and East behind, there were just 3 regions. Up till today, the SW is still ahead in most of its states than almost all the other states in their regions. Also, there are counties with less than a dozen states / provinces that are far more developed so even if you create 250 states in Nigeria, the people who are clueless now will still almost be clueless then.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by dayokanu(m): 5:00am On Apr 01, 2013
Interesting
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by saintneo(m): 5:19am On Apr 01, 2013
ijawman4all: From your name I can tell that your an igbo son. One of the so called
Most or all parts of:
Major parts of:
Minor parts of:
It is good you know about Igbos, but you are partially wrong about Igbos and you are wrong about Ojukwu. Stop using the lie told to your fathers here. Ojukwu declared Biafra because of oil, this completely false, Biafra is a result of the carnage that went on in the north.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawman4all(m): 7:05am On Apr 01, 2013
Well I am delighted that we have an understanding because if we
The younger generation don't have an understanding then there is
Bound to be another civil war there is bound to be a deadlier
Sect than boko haram may be the sect might even come from the
East who knows. The almagamation of this country was done out of
The white man's greed it was this Tafa Balewa saw when he said
And I quote "many nigerians were deceiving themselves to say that
Nigeria was one and that I am so sorry to say that the presence
Of unity in Nigeria was artificial" Tafa Balewa 1948. He said this
And not more than 20 yrs the civil war broke out. Like you said you
Are okay so far with the performance of the current governor of bayelsa
State, well I am not because the state university remanins the only
University with in Africa if not the world without electricity.
I am sure u meant well for the ijaws but I misunderstood I just don't
Want the creation of another ijaw state to be assesed with the bad
Governance in bayelsa state if it was on such basis other states
Wouldn't have emanated from the east or the north . If the ijaws have
Listened to Tafa Balewa and ojukwu and had backed up isaac boro in his
Declaration of niger delta republic we wouldn't be having this discusion
Be it as it may when a marriage is not working out a peaceful divorce
Or a violent divorce looms around
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawcitizen(m): 7:29am On Apr 01, 2013
@Ijawman
Pls get your facts right, there are no igbos in Bayelsa state. If you think there are, pls mention the names of their communities rather than saying what you don't know.
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawman4all(m): 8:08am On Apr 01, 2013
@ ijaw citizen. If you don't know you ask me politely I will educate you
Re: Toru-ebe State Of Nigeria (i Have A Dream) by ijawcitizen(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2013
ijawman4all: @ ijaw citizen. If you don't know you ask me politely I will educate you
This is exactly the question I'm asking you. If don't know about Bayelsa, ask me!

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Are Back. Beware. / Who Is Senator Chris Ngige Representing At The Senate? By John Okiyi Kalu / ASUU STRIKE And Its Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.