Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,900 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? (30615 Views)

Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos / Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) / This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by VickyRotex(f): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sanmel:
Thanks a bunch..

You're welcome!
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by meforyou1(m): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Many times in lagos. Those days when I used to enter danfo. Those Lagos danfo conductors are so dishonest. U will give them money, see change in their hand, ask for your change and they will say later. For me always that's the end. Will come down and forget the change. Few times I remember, they will give me and another passenger money, like if they are owing each of us N50, they will give us N100 to share. And most times, I will just leave it for the other passenger.
Lagos danfo conductors are the worst workers I have ever met in my life

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by hoodmenconcepts: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
washerey! coming soon...
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by meforyou1(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mzbabytush:
I have.....many times and so have I also forgotten to pay....the top on the list was when I boarded a bus with the fare worth #50 and I was having #1000 so I told the conductor and he said okay, I got to my bus stop and the conductor gave me #950 change without me giving him the #1000.....na so me sef turn dey go.......
thats not nice

4 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
I was in Lag for something, stayed with my friend @ Ikotun. We had just #1100 that day, #1000 and #100.
Naso we enter bus o, na she hold money, na she pay kwa. She gave the conductor money and said "give me my #40 balance", he quickly did that.

When we got down @ Arida, we decided to buy bread_ immediately we saw the #100 and #40 , we started crying...hahhahaha.
She gave the damn conductor the #1000 note.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by meforyou1(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I was in Lag for something, stayed with my friend @ Ikotun. We had just #1100 that day, #1000 and #100.
Naso we enter bus o, na she hold money, na she pay kwa. She gave the conductor money and said "give me my #40 balance", he quickly did that.

When we got down @ Arida, we decided to buy bread_ immediately we saw the #100 and #40 , we started crying...hahhahaha.
She gave the damn conductor the #1000 note.
oh. So sad
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by joinnow: 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
nenergy:
For those of us who haven’t gotten our own rides yet, jumping buses everyday can be tiring and risky.
By risky I mean the possibility of;
1. having your nicely starched and ironed shirt stained.
2 .Getting a nasty cut from pieces of metal sticking out from those rickety “danfo” buses.
3. And most dreadfully; forgetting your balance with the bus conductor.lol

Forgetting your balance with a commercial bus conductor can be very painful, especially if you’ve been screaming “Conductor, my change o!” Some conductors deliberate stall to make you forget. Sometimes we fiddle away at our mobile phones (facebook, NL, BBM) and make conductors smile.

Just yesterday a colleague forgot his N500 while rushing to meet the staff bus. Personally the highest amount I have forgotten is N400. Chai, the thing pain me o, it was my “last card” (cash at hand). I’d slept off in traffic; I woke up when the conductor shouted my bus stop. I alighted and good-bye N400.

So how much have you forgotten with a commercial bus conductor and why did you forget?
Hello Op, for your information about 20% or more of people that use public transport have car but prefer to use public transportation for some reason most especially in Lagos. Some of the reason is traffic,stress of driving,not knowing the direction to where you are going, fear of lastman,car undergoing repair,etc.pls don't have that wrong notion.op do you know that overseas people prefer public transport despite they have cars reason is because it is economical

3 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by refiner(f): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
mine was loosing 3k in d bus....my purse fell down in d bus while I was alighting from d bus.....wen I found out,d bus has already gone far!....com see me see river flowing from my eyes!.....e no easy ooo
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by fatymore(f): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
s2n4r3t1:

No wonder your name is FatymoreFatymore grin
grin
s2n4r3t1:

No wonder your name is FatymoreFatymore grin
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by amacastel: 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
From airport RD to ijesha I gave conductor 500 naira he took my bal of 400 away but I cry sotey all the transport I enter dt day I didn't pay
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by deeLima86(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
It happens to me countless number of times in a funny way.
Anytime conductor give me change and I nor put am for pocket or wallet immediately I go loss the money inside that same bus.
Only to later remember after coming down from the danfo. angry
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Babyphinas(f): 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
No b big deal na
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Heartmender101(m): 12:00am On Feb 10, 2016
It happened to me couple of yrs ago....I entered from Ojodu to Ikeja, gave d conductor 5oo and I forgt to collect my change jst because I was fiddling with ma fone and dt was my only hope mehn ........I trek dt day tire oh
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by ruffcoin99(m): 12:01am On Feb 10, 2016
with all this your photoshop bets? only a fool will fall mugu. grin
humblesmith:
No
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Lordstarks(m): 12:13am On Feb 10, 2016
No I haven't forgotten to collect my change but I will if Buhari implements his campaign slogan smiley
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by banio: 12:38am On Feb 10, 2016
Forgetting change is not abnormal. Conductors forgetting to take the fare also is part of the game. Intentionally not paying was part of the huzzle. There was a day I gave a cab man #500, on alighting the cab man said I had not given him any money. I was so confused and mad. I had to use a stone to hit the driver on his head.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by K9blunt(f): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Mine was once, I thought the maruwa guy was giving me over change, but when I told him the money was correct the guy happily left and me feeling funky at first on the way, just like a cartoon the character is going happily at first then frustration downs on him, mine was realising the error, I entered my work crying,

I lost a hundred naira change to maruwa, chai.

Since then I dey do pre-calculation before entering any commercial vehicle, calculation before I pay, and calculation after pay.

I gat no maney to play forget with..... Uh huh! angry
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by dubbiskelly(m): 2:52am On Feb 10, 2016
I once forgot to collect 400 change after giving the conductor 500. He told me the usual I dey come once and I forgot it cos I had something on my mind, na after I don come down I remember am. Since den, as I dey give money, I dey collect change or I go worry conductor every few mins.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Roses1(f): 3:10am On Feb 10, 2016
lol many times.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by sonnie10: 3:39am On Feb 10, 2016
pwettiejay:
For me, I don't think I have but a friend of mine once forgot #800 while coming to my place, he was almost crying

And you are a female while your friend is male right? I suspect scoops. The guy didn't want to spend or didn't have money to spend, so used that excuse.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by charlsecy(m): 5:37am On Feb 10, 2016
nenergy:
Forgetting your balance with a commercial bus conductor can be very painful,....
Your change, NOT balance.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Kazrem(m): 7:03am On Feb 10, 2016
The one I will never forget was 2014. I was coming from exam and entered Maryland bus from jibowu. Gave the conductor a thousand naira to give me #850 balance. I fell asleep because of the sleeplessness for the exam and forgot my balance to him. It was really painful as I only has I only had #100 left with me and no ATM with me that day and would take bike of #50 t9 my destination
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Amadaz(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2016
Rather than forget my balance with the conductor, I'd alight from the bus without even paying
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by SweetJoystick(m): 7:54am On Feb 10, 2016
Was feeling like a perfect gentleman, didn't want to harass the bus conductor like he harassed me, like play I got to my bus stop, alighted and forgot a whole N500 balance with him, I felt like weeping. Since then I demand for my balance immediately after paying for any bus fare
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by bacco2000(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2016
It can be very painful, about two weeks ago I was going to oregun from berger, na so I enter this danfo bus oooo, na 7up I go come down I give the conductor #500 I go collect #400 change, I have been shouting for my change the conductor say he go give me meanwhile there's another woman beside me who wants to collect #300 so he wants to join us together because we are both dropping at 7up, we get to 7up I don come down remaining the woman, na so the stupid driver see lastma he didn't even wait for the woman to come down again he just zoomed off and the conductor quickly jumped in the bus. I just don't know what to do, na so the guy carry my money go.

I traced the bus go front maybe I will see the woman, I no see am ooo my shirt is half soaked with sweat na so I trek come back again come Leave the matter alone

But e pain me die, I come thank God again say I get enough money, what would have happened if that's my last card, how I wan take reach Abule-Egba. I for dey cry.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by dacovajnr: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Abi make conductor forget to collect money from my hand sef undecided
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by rhymaholic: 9:56am On Feb 10, 2016
This happened to me just last week. I gave a conductor 500 naira for a 150 trip, to get 350 balance. As I had total of 550 on me, i needed 400 naira to execute the whole trip.We haven't gotten far when the bus spoilt and I've been singing "conductor give me my change" before then the guy ignored. Bus spoilt the guy started refunding money to commuters, in the course of rushing for a new bus he gave me 100 naira instead of 400. I collected it and entered the next bus forgetting I was to get 400 not 100 naira... The new bus I entered had just gotten to the next busstop when i remembered. I highlighted and boarded another bus back and demanded for my change from the conductor who was still fixing his bus. Loool.. It wasn't funny and I was rushing for an interview on that day.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 10:08am On Feb 10, 2016
joinnow:

Hello Op, for your information about 20% or more of people that use public transport have car but prefer to use public transportation for some reason most especially in Lagos. Some of the reason is traffic,stress of driving,not knowing the direction to where you are going, fear of lastman,car undergoing repair,etc.pls don't have that wrong notion.op do you know that overseas people prefer public transport despite they have cars reason is because it is economical
You're correct! This post is almost 3 years old, and I've learnt since then grin
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2016
charlsecy:
Your change, NOT balance.
Na Englishians say na Balance o! grin
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by babeface3: 10:21am On Feb 10, 2016
I had this experience in Lagos, and another in Kano. And I will narrate how each happened

At lagos, I alighted from the vehicle and discovered I had left my 800 naira change. It was not late cos the driver just turned to start going back to Oshodi from Isolo.

I happily boarded okada to go after him. On sighting the Okada the Driver obviously increased his speed and took a detour meandered and vanished from a distance. He was looking back and running, despite my signals that he should stop. Honestly how we could not locate him again after running to meet where he turned was a mystery to me.

At Kano, I was coming from Wudil to Mariri, police intercepted the bust and discharged the passengers. I could get exactly the problem as everything was in Hausa. We were there waiting for another bus as the driver drove off with the police. After a while I noticed I had my 750 naira with the conductor. I became so uncomfortable cos that was only money left with me. I explained my plight to a man and he waived down a car and I joined. On the way, the bus was waiting with the police. When I approached, the police asked "na you be the person"? I answered "I dont know them I only forgot my change with them". "the driver said someone left his money with him, are you the person"? "yes, I said repeatedly. The conductor brought out the same 1000 note I gave him and said they still did not have change. I then joined them to NNPC junction to get my change. I was so surprised.

These separate incidents call for concern.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Rudyani33(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2016
My own..na conductor the always forget to collect moni for my hand.i no fit forget my change for conductor at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes / Coronavirus: FG Extends Airport Closure By Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.