Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? (20577 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by rhymz(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
because ppl have become more educated and exposed to know that both heaven and earth are fictional tales invented by man to explain the limitations of his intelligence and knowledge. Every sensible human being knows that worrying about some depthless pit gutted by fire that burns eternally is like a kis worrying about santa coming in to sneak gifts through the chimney, as that child grows, he realizrs that all the while Santa was mum and dad sneaking gifts att odd places. I think we should concern ourselves with the hell we are living here than some fictional tales by some religious book laden with unproveable claims and verbatim copy of old pagan religiois beliefs and practices that have been fine-tuned to make it look different.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by churific(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hell fire is not good business.

It scares people. Research shows that when people are scared, they are more reluctant to give. Besides, I believe that preaching about hell fire and banning everyone to hell is the wrong approach to Christianity. Preaching about prosperity every Sunday to poor people is also the wrong approach.

God is LOVE
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by truthislight: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Signify what?. . .You really do not know what you are saying. . . .

The problem is that you have not provided any meaningful objections to the verses i quoated. . .The topic has been disscused many times yet fools keep spinning what was written and refuse to accept it. . . .All what you are saying so far is that you disagree with the bible and the bible does not really mean what it says. . .Nothing has been addressed any where, all I see is people like you spinning things and other christians that accept the hell position actually pointing it out to you that is is biblical. . .Deny all you want but that is the position of the bible. . .

and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10

This signifies death in your wrapped thinking, eh?. . .interesting. . .

Yea! Hell!

Jesus went to hell. No?

"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).

And

"Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." (Acts 2:27).

In your dreams!

Go and educate yourself and stop exposing ignorance.

You are westing my time boy.

Infact, you can belief whatever you want. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1145151/thirty-questions-teachers-eternal-torment#13587208

peace and out
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by pekelepekele(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Perhaps because the world had failed to end twice , first year 2000 that everybody was running to different churches and mosques to seek for forgiveness and second december 2012 grin and the pastors thought to themselves oboy make we dey preach about money for now jare this thing too dey take us play cheesy
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by fr3do(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
SLIDE waxie: lame!!!
Truth be told, it is very clear dt atheism I'd a religion of the devil. U knw, i see most of u attack christians!
Why them?
I think apart from islam, we av scientology, hindism, and others.
Dude, u need not tell me christianity is d oly religion dt offended u guys d most.
Dude, u are a lame excuse!

eeee gbamm!
That's my point
its only christians they attack.
They sense the truth of christianity and it haunts them.
The videos of live miracles,the gift of the holy spirit (in my church an old woman who has never spoken any language apart from igbo burst into queen's english in the mood of prayer).

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Sweetapple007(f): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
The bible says the wages of sin is death the gift of God is eternal life. F God so love the world ad gave his only son that whosoev beliv in him shal not perish but hav eternl life. This is endtime people shld beliv what they want to.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
[s]Many of you who talk about tithing are the stingy folks whose heart is forever receiving and never giving. If you do not tithe, why not leave those that tithe to continue to do so and let them continue to reap the benefit God promised?
[/s]
The message of Hell is still being preached, but not in the manner many witnessed in the past. Screaming death and Hell to peoples face will not get them to know Christ pay tithes

[s]Apostle Paul preached Christ and the mystery behind the salvation God has brought to all mankind than He ever talked about Hell and yet He was one of the greatest Soul Winners to have graced the face of the earth. Does that not tell you were the power is: Preach Jesus and His redeeming blood that saves from sin and death.[/s]
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by High247(m): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ans.Because Jesus has already gone to hell for all mankind...so why focusing on it?what then is the gospel!..the gospel is good news..tell the man out there that Jesus has done it all..just accept His offer and stay in Him...finito!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Uffakowoicho(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
People,especially nigerians are already in hell,why tell dem wat dey‘re feeling but what dey need. It‘s obvious
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Hackomania(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
So, IS HELL REAL?

I've not been there, but yes I believe there is Hell.
I believe the bible in its totality, and I do my best to live by it.
I am not moved or shaken by the philosophical views of mankind on this issue.
If you go to a church that the pastor always preaches about prosperity (something that i'm sure will end with death), I suggest you change church, it doesn't matter how long you have been there. He's not interested in your well-being
I'm on a search for the right place myself, but i've found out, that there's no right place, except in quiet time with God.

The times are such that if you try to argue with someone what you believe in, you may lose your faith yourself.
So just stick to what you believe in, preach the gospel to as many as want to hear
Let the Holy Spirit do his job of conversion
Hell is real, and so is Heaven

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Ilekokonit: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Its self preservation for them not to preach about hell

Only a Pastor who God called, who still hears from God and whose hands and heart are clean can preach about hell.

Why should a Pastor who knows of the atrocities he committed from Monday to Saturday climb the pulpit to condemn himself with his own mouth on Sunday by preaching about hell

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Dawinlove(m): 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
big lie deeper life is the only church preaching about hel and eternity now.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by kiuusm(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
staggerman: Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)

Believe me most Chistains worship their own desires... they don't follow a single teaching Of Jesus (PBUH) and moreover, Jesus (PBUH)time has passed because his message was only meant for the Jews and at that time. Matthew 15: 24, Matthew 10:5-6
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by irokobest(m): 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
staggerman: Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)

so, na now them know their error abi?
the truth is that there is no such place like hell fire.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by kingpinwon: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hell is real my people but God is not the one that makes it, we humans do that ourselve... We make hell ourselve.... What you sow, is what you will reap.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by searay(m): 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
My pastor dey harsh today. See race, I no feet chop the communion again. Fear catch me no be small.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by theripper3: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Most pple don't know that continued emphasis on the LAW strengthens SIN. It arouses a kind of curiosity to SIN. After God gave Moses the ten commandements, it didn't stop the Isrealites from committing, no matter the vociferous way Moses chastised them. The message of CHRIST supercedes hell fire,though it is encapsulated in it, but there are so many tins to b happy about such as the message of eternal life, the message of oneness with God (partakers of divine nature of God),the message of love, salvation and that of prosperity. From then, one can subconsciously differentiate good from evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Originalsly: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Originalsly: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
Preaching about hell is bad business. Why would the pastor Preach about hell and make his hmmmm...donors uncomfortable and scared to return?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by ba7man(m): 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
The Church is experiencing an explosion of knowledge. There is so much information available in the Church today and they also try to marry everyday occurences in our lives to Biblical teachings. Now the ministry teaches on Business, Relationships, Family, Technology, Motivation, etc While providing solutions from the Bible. The Church is no longer 1-Dimensional.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by truthislight: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:

Yea! Hell!

Jesus went to hell. No?

"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).

And

"Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." (Acts 2:27).

In your dreams!

Go and educate yourself and stop exposing ignorance.

You are westing my time boy.

Infact, you can belief whatever you want. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1145151/thirty-questions-teachers-eternal-torment#13587208

peace and out

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by salt1: 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Apostolic Faith Church teaches and believes in eternal heaven and eternal hell.Soon, some earth-shaking events will occur: the trumpet shall sound,the Lord Jesus shall appear and the righteous dead shall be raised. The overcoming christians shall rise with the righteous dead to meet the Lord in the azure above. That is the first resurrection. In the second resurrection, all godless people will be raised for judging and be cast into everlasting lake of fire.
Mock and sneer what you like, I BELIEVE!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by salt1: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
That majority mocks doesn't make my belief any less valid. The One I'm following (Christ) had told me that in these last days, we would be few that will believe.
Majority isn't always right!The special person swims against the current

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Tijay90(m): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Because it's hell-enough here on earth...not jst in Africa...
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by 2sign: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
not in deeper life
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by irokobest(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2013
kingpinwon: Hell is real my people but God is not the one that makes it, we humans do that ourselve... We make hell ourselve.... What you sow, is what you will reap.

where is the location my friend?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by anuda(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
Beware!!! Hell is real! Repent and accept Jesus Christ today and live a Christ-like life, so that you could escape hell.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by irokobest(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1: Apostolic Faith Church teaches and believes in eternal heaven and eternal hell.Soon, some earth-shaking events will occur: the trumpet shall sound,the Lord Jesus shall appear and the righteous dead shall be raised. The overcoming christians shall rise with the righteous dead to meet the Lord in the azure above. That is the first resurrection. In the second resurrection, all godless people will be raised for judging and be cast into everlasting lake of fire.
Mock and sneer what you like, I BELIEVE!

the bible speaks about heaven,moon,stars, sea earth and their locations but the location of your so called hellfire which ought to be the reward of the unfaithfuls according to u cannot be located either in heaven, earth, nor under the earth. guy wake up, read ur bible well u 'll see that these fake pastors that are out for money had either realise therir error and stop preaching it or they now dumped it cos it is not a good marketing preaching to their devil given busness.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by CMGO(f): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Segeggs: @op
Hell is a myth; these pastors know it dats why u see dem living immorally. Besides,horror films dont scare people anymore,even kids.

pastors used scare tactics to draw in members,as it stop working they changed to prosperity gospel. I wonder what these smart men would use next.

Don't deceive yourself, the truth remains the truth notwithstanding what anyone thinks about it. Hell is one issue presented severally in both old and new testament, Jesus himself warned us about it as an eternal abode for sinners.
Don't spend eternity experimenting it!!!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by nep2ra(m): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
anuda: Beware!!! Hell is real! Repent and accept Jesus Christ today and live a Christ-like life, so that you could escape hell.

Hahahahahahaha.... See fear tactics na! Believe in my god or else burn in hell forever. How petty!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Chiknows(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2013
Holiness is simply setting yourself apart from iniquity and to God. It is simply taking your focus away from things that are not heavenly and putting it on God. Hell is a place prepared for the devil and his agents. A place prepared for those who are not set apart for God.
My line of thought is this; why should we (as Christians) spend the little time we have to sojourn here talking about hell, when we have been recreated in Christ to live forever with and for God. I believe we should rather spend our time learning about the new kind of life we now have, just like a person born into this world will live learning about the world and its principles.
The message of hell should be preached to those who are bent on living out of Faith (in Christ Jesus) and are not for God so they may know where they are heading to and have a re-think, and not to the members of the family.
For this one reason I believe the message of hell to the church (the body of Christ) is diabolic, "it turns the people toward the law and away from grace which is what actually saves. It often causes people to focus on working to EARN eternal life which is meant only for those who believe John 3:16."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity / UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.