Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? (20576 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by franchizy(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Fear God and keep His Commandment.
God Bless u
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by salt1: 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
irokobest:

the bible speaks about heaven,moon,stars, sea earth and their locations but the location of your so called hellfire which ought to be the reward of the unfaithfuls according to u cannot be located either in heaven, earth, nor under the earth. guy wake up, read ur bible well u 'll see that these fake pastors that are out for money had either realise therir error and stop preaching it or they now dumped it cos it is not a good marketing preaching to their devil given busness.
Do you have a Bible downloaded on ur phone? Go to search and type Hell. Can you see that I didn't invent the word, so no point ur saying my so-called hell.
That you don't believe in a thing doesn't make it less real. Some folks don't still agree that AIDS is real until....
I preach and teach that there is eternal heaven and hell. I am not fake, I am not a pastor and I am not after your money. Keep the money to urself. I am just delivering a message: warn you that there is hell!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by kallysky7: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
BECAUSE IT SCARES CHURCH MEMBERS. IF URE LOOKING FOR MEMBERS THAT MESSAGE WONT KEEP THEM IT WILL SCARE THEM. TOO BAD

MTN MAGIC SIM PACKAGE - BROWSING WITH NO LIMITATION NOTE:-

The Magic SIM Is Guaranteed to Work for a Long period of time, Working for over 4 Months now with no Concrete Reason of stoping.

*Super Fast Internet.
*Unlimited Download Plan.
*Plan that work with all Devices, iPad, iPhone, PC/ Laptop, All Phones

Advantages of the MTN Magic SIM
* No need for software
* No need for VPN
* No need to subscribe for MTN BIS
* No hidden charges,
* No bandwidth limit
* No expiring date

HOW CAN I GET THIS E-BOOK MANUAL ON HOW TO ACTIVATE THE MTN MAGIC SIM?

BB Pin= 25E971DA
0 7 0 3 0 1 0 7 8 4 2
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:
Do you have a Bible downloaded on ur phone? Go to search and type Hell. Can you see that I didn't invent the word, so no point ur saying my so-called hell.
That you don't believe in a thing doesn't make it less real. Some folks don't still agree that AIDS is real until....
I preach and teach that there is eternal heaven and hell. I am not fake, I am not a pastor and I am not after your money. Keep the money to urself. I am just delivering a message: warn you that there is hell!

U r rily dumb, so all the enlightened discoveries that have come out after ur hell theory does not help ur unstanding in anyway? So u haven't figured? We are already in hell my dear! Our part of hell is called NIGERIA!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
salt 1:

U r rily dumb, so all the enlightened discoveries that have come out after ur hell theory does not help ur unstanding in anyway? So u haven't figured? We are already in hell my dear! Our part of hell is called NIGERIA! So there is no need going to another one!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by nep2ra(m): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Question: Who goes to hell?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Hackomania(m): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
nep2ra: Question: Who goes to hell?
If you believe the words in the bible, read Psalm 9:17. If you don't, then pray.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Mintayo(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
nep2ra: Question: Who goes to hell?

Hell is prepared for the devil and his demons- but it is so unfortunate men have decided to submit to devil and follow him-

Jesus came to get us back from the Devil(and wash us clean from our sinful nature which we inherited from adam) and until we submit our self to Jesus and accept Him as our Lord and saviour,we will end up in hell; all wicked people will end up in hell if they don't change and accept God's offer of salvation-JESUS.
(no way forward after death)
Gal 5:19-21.

God bless us all.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by salt1: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
chief batiatus:

U r rily dumb, so all the enlightened discoveries that have come out after ur hell theory does not help ur unstanding in anyway? So u haven't figured? We are already in hell my dear! Our part of hell is called NIGERIA! So there is no need going to another one!
I wish, for the sake of people like you, that what you wrote is true. You must be right that I'm really dumb but I am yet to see or read about the enlightened discoveries that prove with massive and conclusive evidence that there's no after-life. In fact, I see and read so much that strengthen my belief that these things are real.
Don't worry abt some of us that wish to err on the side of caution. Better to believe and live like there is heaven to gain and die with such hope than to keep denying and die and see that it is real. Better safe than sorry!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Glowealth: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2013
staggerman: Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)
staggerman: Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)
...Simple!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Pygru: 12:38am On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Jesus never sent you to preach about Hell! When He was about leaving to meet our God, He said..."Go yea into all nations and preach THE GOSPEL..." Gospel means the good news of the salvation which God has brought to humanity without prejudice.

No man will ever get saved by the threat of a message of Hell fire, rather, Gods redeeming works and His power to save is in the message of repentance unto righteous by accepting the ULTIMATE sacrifice of Jesus, wherein His blood was shed on the cross and His body broken that ALL man may no longer live under the bondage of sin, death and grave.

I repeat, the message of Hell fire will never set any man free from the bondage of sin and death so why not preach JESUS and let the HOLY SPIRIT convict that soul and set them free for eternity in Christ?

shocked
Nawa ooh.
So you sabi Bible like this!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by jydmak(m): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2013
d bible av literal n figurative meanings. Wen d bible is talking about hell, lake of fire it mean TOTAL DESTRUCTION. Dis a total anihilation of d wicked ones(psalm 3;9,10). U can visit any of any of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES in ur locality 4 more xplanation.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Current27(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2013
ZACHIE: Except perhaps in a few old generation churches, it is hard to hear any pastor talk about hellfire, lately.
is it that the topic is no longer true, or it is not contemporaneous?

If they don't preach then u should preach about it coz the word of God is not ment to be preached by some people.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by IdiAmin2(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2013
mazaje:

I used to be petrified by this movie when I first watched it as a young teenager, my mum actually used it to convert us to christianity from islam. . .I was SO AFRAID of this thrash back it the days. . .Its so obvious that this nonsense drama will not even scare the kids of today. . .I repeat the hell myth does not make sense or sound as a just system to many christians any more. It sounds sadistic and immoral, only the very fundamentalist deluded ones still believe in the hell myth, evenamongst them they have erected their own ideas about it because it still doesn't make sense to many of them. . .

I was watching the god TV about few years(2-3) ago when i went visiting a friend in his house, a guy was on TV and was explaining the concept of hell to his audience, he was saying that god will not punish people for ever in hell, they will stay in hell and feel excruciating pains for the number of years they lived here on earth after which god will allow their souls to stay in the fire(a seperation from him) with out feeling any pain for eternity. . .I wonder where he got that concept from but its obvious that even for him as a end of day fire and brimestone preacher the hell myth doesn't sound moral or as a good form of justice. . .

GBAM 100% supported. Kids of today have evolved pass all this nonsense we feel for as kids. I remember when I was very yound, some kids would be so scared of a teddy bear or big doll off a monkey, they would cry and scream if you bring the toy near them. But now, for where? they will even sit down and watch horror film with you, and be laughing at the same time
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Tosineb: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt] Whatever you focus on, you magnify.

The focus should be on heaven and not hell(If you understand how attraction works, then you will understand why).
[/size]
excuse me law of attraction doesnt work in God's kingdom. Its spiritual not psychological as you think.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Tosineb: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2013
Glowealth: [color=#770077][/color]...Simple!
this is heresy, read mathew 28 vs 16-20
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by k2039: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
Tosineb:
excuse me law of attraction doesnt work in God's kingdom. Its spiritual not psychological as you think.

Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. In one of his famous sermons Jesus directed his followers to ask for what they want with the faith and belief that they already had it. In fact he said anything that you ask for in a spirit of faith and belief you would get. This is the law of attraction in action.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by descentguy: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
@all
if you are in a church and the message of hell is not preached in that church pls run away from that church because that church is a dead church.
Hell is not a myth niether is it the story of legends don't wait untill you get there because it might be too late for you to repent.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by descentguy: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mintayo: Please if you are attending a church that does not believe in HELL,please RUN, HELL is REAL,HEAVEN is REAL; even the devil(demons) believe there is Hell.
So bad so many churches don't talk abt it this days...
How will there be heaven and there won't be hell,don't be decieved.
The Bible declares in certain terms that ther is HELL;there are 162 texts in the NT alone that speak of the doom that awaits the unrepentant sinners;the Lord Himself uttered 70 of them. The Bible makes it clear all wicked ppl that Reject Jesus will be turned into hell.(Ps 9:17).
WHAT IS HELL?
Hell is a place of torment and purnishments,(Lk 16:23); it is abarnishment from d presence of God(2 thess. 1:9).
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF HELL?
Hell was originally prepared for THE DEVIL AND HIS WICKED ANGELS according to
(Matt 25:41)-'' And the king will turn to those on the left and say,' Away with you, you cursed ones,into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons...

Hell was NEVER INTENDED FOR MAN but if men insist on rejecting heaven through the Saviour Jesus Christ,then they must accompany satan forever.
WHAT IS HELL LIKE?
IT IS APLACE OF PURNISHMENTS, a sort of prison where the wicked ar purnished forever(Matt 25:46); a torment of unquenchable thirst,of suffering and agony at its worst(Lk 16:23). A place of fire,fire so hot even angels who go there will continually cry in pain despite there strength;the will be so much that the devil will call JESUS ''Lord'' when the pains bcome unbearable for him.(Isaiah 33:14, Rev 20:15, Matt 13:42-50). It is a place of supernatural worms because the worm there don't die(Mark 9:44-48). The worst part of it is that those who go there will recognise themselves just as in heaven(Lk 16:23), they will even pray but there prayers will not be answered-NO MORE GRACE,(Lk 16:27).the torment is everlasting because the Bible says that both HEAVEN AND HELL IS EVRLASTING.(GOD SAYS SO).
PLEASE NOTE.
1. SALVATION IS LIMITED TO THIS LIFE(EARTH). NO REPENTANCE ONCE YOU DIE OR IN GRAVE(LK 16:24-27).
2. HELL IS DIFFERENT FROM GRAVE,(PLS DON'T BE DECIVED)-REMEMBER THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN?
ALSO- HEBREW 9:27.

CONCLUSION
HOW DOES ONE GO TO HELL? SIMPLY BY NEGLECTING THE SALVATION PURCHASED FOR US BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
(HEBREWS 2:3)
3. So what makes us think we can ignore this great salvation that was first announced to us by the Lord Jesus Himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak? (NLT).

HOW DOES ONE AVOID HELL?-BY RECIEVEING AND ACCEPTING JESUS AS ONE'S LORD AND SAVIOUR,NO MORE NO LESS(John 3:16, Prov 15: 24).
WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

GOD BLESS US ALL.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by descentguy: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
you her on point undecidedyou her on point
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by moneyhungry(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
salt 1:
u sound scared of hell.
is that why you are so brain-washed?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by moneyhungry(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mintayo:

Hell is prepared for the devil and his demons- but it is so unfortunate men have decided to submit to devil and follow him-

Jesus came to get us back from the Devil(and wash us clean from our sinful nature which we inherited from adam) and until we submit our self to Jesus and accept Him as our Lord and saviour,we will end up in hell; all wicked people will end up in hell if they don't change and accept God's offer of salvation-JESUS.
(no way forward after death)
Gal 5:19-21.

God bless us all.
i laff @ ur delusion.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Flirtyfemi: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2013
And that is why you all should read this letter, After reading through this letter, it got me thinking! A letter to my pastor http://www.kemifilani.com/2012/10/a-must-read-letter-to-my-pastor.html
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by rhymz(m): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
salt 1:
I wish, for the sake of people like you, that what you wrote is true. You must be right that I'm really dumb but I am yet to see or read about the enlightened discoveries that prove with massive and conclusive evidence that there's no after-life. In fact, I see and read so much that strengthen my belief that these things are real.
Don't worry abt some of us that wish to err on the side of caution. Better to believe and live like there is heaven to gain and die with such hope than to keep denying and die and see that it is real. Better safe than sorry!
Guy shut up jare! You sound like a broken record, what is your proof of hell besides the bullshyte your inconsistent bible claims. Who is Jesus Christ? What did he look like? Do you even know the jewish view of Jesus Christ? Almost similar to the muslims'. Understand the history of Christianity first before blabbing with stoopid confidence of what cant be proven.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by isalegan2: 2:19pm On May 01, 2013
Ola one: Because hell is a ruse. Besides, 'heaven' is guaranteed so why talk about hell. undecided undecided undecided

How is heaven guaranteed? You mean "on earth," right? cheesy

Anyway, I'm not sure that's in line with the Church of Buzugee. tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by deebrain(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2013
HMMMMMM

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Holyede: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
staggerman:
Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)
joke. Read Luke 16:23. Jesus more than anyone else warned against hell more than 70 times. Joke.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by staggerman(m): 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
Holyede:
joke. Read Luke 16:23. Jesus more than anyone else warned against hell more than 70 times. Joke.

Post the 70 verses where Jesus warned about hell.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Holyede: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
staggerman:

Post the 70 verses where Jesus warned about hell.
read your Bible you lazybone
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by TruthinAction: 1:26am On Dec 12, 2018
ZACHIE:
Except perhaps in a few old generation churches, it is hard to hear any pastor talk about hellfire, lately.
is it that the topic is no longer true, or it is not contemporaneous?

They don't want to lose members. They have to preach and teach what they want to hear to retain members and grow the church.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by staggerman(m): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2018
Holyede:
read your Bible you lazybone

You have no proof to back up your lie. You have retorted to insult just like your father the devil.

Jesus taught about the kingdom of God, and not about hell.

Take your lies and swallow them
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Holyede: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
staggerman:

You have no proof to back up your lie. You have retorted to insult just like your father the devil.

Jesus taught about the kingdom of God, and not about hell.

Take your lies and swallow them
spoiler/hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity / Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / Pope John Paul II 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.