Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092257 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackiridis(m): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2015
Sile12:

2 dragons, I don't think the one that flew her out of the arena will survive those spears. Flew the queen to one unknown destination and cnt fly the queen back, my thinking though. I think the dragon is dying.
haha.. that's the main dragon (Drogon) its going to survive.
I believe those guys that surrounded Deany (Khal' Drogo's men) will take care of her and the Dragon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackiridis(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2015
Sile12:

He cant survive those stabs, about six stabs. He's dead, except if someone is dreaming or imagining.

Through with 5 yesterday, is season 6 not out, ive been trying to get it since the close of the day
he is dead.. but will come back for season 6 trust me wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

Apparently Ayra sold them to the man by the docks with vinegar. Wonder how that combo tastes.
where can I download season 4
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
eesy:

where can I download season 4

You know how to use torrents? Check kickass
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by An0nimus: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
This season is not as nice as the others IMO. Can't seem to place my hands on what went wrong. I didn't freak out at the Jon Snow part because of spoilers but I'm glad I heard the spoilers,would have been mad pissed at the writers. Let's hope against hope Snow comes back in season 6. The Drogon-saving-Khaleesi part was cool though. My spoiler source left that part out grin

Now we have to wait another full year for 10 episodes. These GOT guys want us to get married and have 3 children before they will wrap up this thing angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

You know how to use torrents? Check kickass
I dont know how to use torrents. can you help. i am using pc hope it works there?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2015
eesy:

I dont know how to use torrents. can you help. i am using pc hope it works there?

Yeah it will work on a PC or mobile device. You can read this link to know how to use torrents, it explains the process in detail. http://m.wikihow.com/Download-Torrents

Make sure you use this on your own network (i.e, a network that you control) and not on a work or school network, many organisations frown on the use of torrents because it's a bandwidth hog.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:17am On Jul 29, 2015
MissIndependent:
I really do hope he was dreaming...

Season 6 keh? Wait for April 2016 grin grin grin

I hate this
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2015
eesy:

Go to o2tvseries.com or tvseries.in

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yeah it will work on a PC or mobile device. You can read this link to know how to use torrents, it explains the process in detail. http://m.wikihow.com/Download-Torrents

Make sure you use this on your own network (i.e, a network that you control) and not on a work or school network, many organisations frown on the use of torrents because it's a bandwidth hog.
Thanks a lot. Especially for that link its really helpful. Am trying it out right now
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simdam500(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
I'm a newbie here and I just started the series some weeks back, though I didn't like it at first but I finally did. I'll be starting Season 4 soon and it hurt to loose Robb and Cat to that Lord fray just because he didn't pay his debt of marrying one of his daughters, that is not even the scary part but killing his pregnant wife shocked shocked

Reading the thread have spoilt a lot for me wink embarassed but I'll keep going on.

About the book, I'll read it when it comes my way... great series!

Are u guys saying season 6 will be starting next year 2016 If that is true I better hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
simdam500:
I'm a newbie here and I just started the series some weeks back, though I didn't like it at first but I finally did. I'll be starting Season 4 soon and it hurt to loose Robb and Cat to that Lord fray just because he didn't pay his debt of marrying one of his daughters, that is not even the scary part but killing his pregnant wife shocked shocked

Reading the thread have spoilt a lot for me wink embarassed but I'll keep going on.

Are u guys saying season 6 will be starting next year 2016 If that is true I better hmmmmmmm

Robb didn't die cause he didn't marry a Frey. That's just the lame ass excuse.

“Far be it from me to question your
cunning, Father, but in your place I
do believe I’d have let Robert
Baratheon bloody his own hands.”
Lord Tywin stared at him as if he had
lost his wits. “You deserve that
motley, then. We had come late to
Robert’s cause. It was necessary to
demonstrate our loyalty. When I laid
those bodies before the throne, no
man could doubt that we had
forsaken House Targaryen forever.
And Robert’s relief was palpable. As
stupid as he was, even he knew that
Rhaegar’s children had to die if his
throne was ever to be secure. Yet he
saw himself as a hero, and heroes do
not kill children.”

Its almost the same scenario as with what the Frey's did. But the thing is they didn't need to. The Red Wedding was more than personal, real politiking was involved. So its not cause Robb didnt marry Roslin Frey. This is not a spoiler by the way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
I don't know whether am allowed to post a theoretical spoiler for season six, am i?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
ApexTitan:

Torrent files are undoubtedly large. Where would one get a data plan that can adequately cater for such?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
olyrayy:
Torrent files are undoubtedly large. Where would one get a data plan that can adequately cater for such?

There are several Internet service providers that sell data plans of varying costs in the big cities these days. Spectranet, Swift networks and Smile are the popular ones that people use. Check out their plans that are best suited for your budget and needs.

The GSM companies also have data bundles that are affordable, but it all depends on which has the strongest service in your area. Head on to the Phones section on this forum and see if any of the plans dicussed there might work for you.

I use Spectranet at home and Etisalat on my mobile devices.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
BraniacX:
I don't know whether am allowed to post a theoretical spoiler for season six, am i?

Speak now or forever hold your peace. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
ApexTitan:

There are several Internet service providers that sell data plans of varying costs in the big cities these days. Spectranet, Swift networks and Smile are the popular ones that people use. Check out their plans that are best suited for your budget and needs.

The GSM companies also have data bundles that are affordable, but it all depends on which has the strongest service in your area. Head on to the Phones section on this forum and see if any of the plans dicussed there might work for you.

I use Spectranet at home and Etisalat on my mobile devices.

thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
simdam500:

The red wedding just shows you how genius Tywin actually is.

The red wedding happened because Tywin Lannister wanted it to happen. But the freys agreed to it because of what Robb did. The Boltons agreed because they are treacherous bastards.

It was easy for Tywin to convince walder [s]because the freys are like Lannister wannabes. They even name their children after Lannisters children.[/s] because of what Robb did to him.

Now, I say Tywin is a genius because here you are blaming walder Frey when it was all tywin's doing.

Edited**

They were named after famous ppl in Westeros, mostly targaryens, not Lannisters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
ApexTitan:

Speak now or forever hold your peace. smiley

According to L.A times, the theory is that Jon snow actually does die but smiley, he is actually more than just the bastard of ned stark, scratch that, he is actually not ned starks son, he actually is the nephew of ned stark born by lyanna stark in her dying bed and conceived of rape, rape by rhaegar taegeryon the last dragon meaning jon snow is a legitimate or illegitimate if you like dragon and he is half taegeryon, half stark and according to prophecy, the prince that was promised, he will be the second of the three dragons(after daenerys) and ned stark protected his true identity from even himself because he was his sisters son taegeryon or not and ned loved his sister dearly and the truth of his paternity would have been a threat to robert baratheon neds beloved friend and king and robert might not have killed him but he would have been sore tempted to but other great houses like the lannisters would have wanted him dead while others like the tyrells, the martels and the greyjoys might have used his existence as an excuse to rebel against king robert baratheon
How things play out with this possible revelation I don't know as the book ended with book five at the wall where jon snow was murdered so it is all touch and go and guesswork henceforth
But some things are now known, snow was on set for the filming of season six and GOT will have a season eight at least eventually.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
I heard that a season 8 has been more or less confirmed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
BraniacX:

According to L.A times, the theory is that Jon snow actually does die but smiley, he is actually more than just the bastard of ned stark, scratch that, he is actually not ned starks son, he actually is the nephew of ned stark born by lyanna stark in her dying bed and conceived of rape, rape by rhaegar taegeryon the last dragon meaning jon snow is a legitimate or illegitimate if you like dragon and he is half taegeryon, half stark and according to prophecy, the prince that was promised, he will be the second of the three dragons(after daenerys) and ned stark protected his true identity from even himself because he was his sisters son taegeryon or not and ned loved his sister dearly and the truth of his paternity would have been a threat to robert baratheon neds beloved friend and king and robert might not have killed him but he would have been sore tempted to but other great houses like the lannisters would have wanted him dead while others like the tyrells, the martels and the greyjoys might have used his existence as an excuse to rebel against king robert baratheon
How things play out with this possible revelation I don't know as the book ended with book five at the wall where jon snow was murdered so it is all touch and go and guesswork henceforth
But some things are now known, snow was on set for the filming of season six and GOT will have a season eight at least eventually.

Its not clear if it was rape. But here's a quote;
/They/ had found him still holding her
body, silent with grief. The little
crannogman, Howland Reed, had taken
her hand from his. Ned could recall none
of it.
Its said there were only two survivors in the fight, but Ned thinks, "THEY". So there might have been more people at the tower. If there were more people i dont think it was rape. Probably a Septon or wetnurse or servants or Rhaegar's companions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simdam500(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
gj22:

The red wedding happened because Tywin Lannister wanted it to happen. But the freys agreed to it because of what Robb did. The Boltons agreed because they are treacherous bastards.

It was easy for Tywin to convince walder because the freys are like Lannister wannabes. They even name their children after Lannisters children.

Now, I say Tywin is a genius because here you are blaming walder Frey when it was all tywin's doing.

U hit it right shocked ... thanks for shedding more light.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
gj22:

It was easy for Tywin to convince walder because the freys are like Lannister wannabes. They even name their children after Lannisters children.

Tywin was smart alright, but he didnt plan the wedding. The twelfth son of Walder Frey, Lothar and Roose Bolton did, Tywin only gave them a thumbs up and a go ahead, also a promise from the crown that they would not be persecuted and instead offered rewards. It was Walder's idea to sew Greywind's head unto Robb's.
Walder Frey is a peevish old man who lives
to handle his young wife and brood over all
the slights he's suffered. I have no doubt he
hatched this ugly chicken, but he would
never have dared such a thing without a
promise of protection.~Tyrion.

Tywin's plan was to be an arrow or poison. He planned to get rid of Robb through political manuevering since he couldn't defeat him on the battlefield. That's were he can be considered smart, but don't give credit for the wedding. What Frey is named after a Lannister ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gbola5:

Tywin was smart alright, but he didnt plan the wedding. The twelfth son of Walder Frey, Lothar and Roose Bolton did, Tywin only gave them a thumbs up and a go ahead, also a promise from the crown that they would not be persecuted and instead offered rewards. It was Walder's idea to sew Greywind's head unto Robb's.
Walder Frey is a peevish old man who lives
to handle his young wife and brood over all
the slights he's suffered. I have no doubt he
hatched this ugly chicken, but he would
never have dared such a thing without a
promise of protection.~Tyrion.

Tywin's plan was to be an arrow or poison. He planned to get rid of Robb through political manuevering since he couldn't defeat him on the battlefield. That's were he can be considered smart, but don't give credit for the wedding. What Frey is named after a Lannister ?

Edited it. Brain fart I guess.

I think Tywin deserves more than 50% credit for the red wedding because he gained more and lost less.

He was able to take out his greatest opponent he stood no chance against, and also distance himself from possible fallout in just one stroke of genius.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
gj22:

It was easy for Tywin to convince walder [s]because the freys are like Lannister wannabes. They even name their children after Lannisters children.[/s] because of what Robb did to him.

Edited**

They were named after famous ppl in Westeros, mostly targaryens, not Lannisters

How do you know this, if it hasn't been said on the show ? Its not mostly Targs though, the Frey's name their kids after a member of any house they want to curry favour from. Just two Freys are known to have Targ names.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:20am On Aug 01, 2015
Gbola5:

Its not clear if it was rape. But here's a quote;
/They/ had found him still holding her
body, silent with grief. The little
crannogman, Howland Reed, had taken
her hand from his. Ned could recall none
of it.
Its said there were only two survivors in the fight, but Ned thinks, "THEY". So there might have been more people at the tower. If there were more people i dont think it was rape. Probably a Septon or wetnurse or servants or Rhaegar's companions.

Its a theory, ned took a baby from lyana's bloody body and the theory is that she died in childbirth. She wasn't murdered and wasn't in a fight with anyone, she was Rhaegar's prisoner at the red castle and she was repeatedly raped by him even to the disgust of his wife ellia of house martell. The rape being talked about was not once and happened from the period of lyana's kidnap after the tournament at harrenhal to right before Rhaegar went to war to quell the rebellion and was killed in the battle of the trident by robert baratheon, that much we know from the previous five publications of the book, what we don't know is what happens after, what jon's true identity is and this theory gives a very plausible explanation because the honourable ned stark loathed talking about jon's mother even to his beloveth wife katherine of house tully and his maester luwin, the two people apart from benjen he had kept no other secrets from. This theory postulates that jon is the son of Rhaegar by lyana stark and is the second head of the three headed dragon which is the symbol of house targeryon, the legend of the dragons say they are three headed (three dragons) with three riders. But what much we can postulate with a reasonable degree of confidence is that jon snow dies but survives in a manner we can't really fathom yet given the fact that he is a very powerful warg, a fact of which he was unaware of even at the time of his death.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:51am On Aug 01, 2015
gj22:

Edited it. Brain fart I guess.

I think Tywin deserves more than 50% credit for the red wedding because he gained more and lost less.

He was able to take out his greatest opponent he stood no chance against, and also distance himself from possible fallout in just one stroke of genius.

Wrong @ the bolded, at that point in time, he stood a better chance at victory than rob stark, tywin only made one mistake, he thought rob a greenhorn despite the many seasoned campaigners he had among his bannermen and dismissed him, he deeply regretted that afterward, tywin was playing a waiting game because rob had the only thing tywin valued as much as his family name and that was jamie his son, true they supposedly had both stark girls but to tywin and even to rob their brother, they didn't have same negotiating value. With jamie as his prisoner, rob went ahead and bled lannister armies until only tywins main force at harrenhal(which later went to kingslanding at the battle of the blackwater) was large enough and strong enough to face rob, but tywin couldn't or didn't face rob because he couldn't predict rob and had come to respect him as an adversarý besides he i think had come to realise that rob would be more easily vanquished away from the battle field and he was right, he looked for the chink in robs northern ranks and found a ready made one in the far reaching roose bolton who deliberately orchestrated many losses of northern forces (mostly soldiers of other northern houses) when rob garrisoned him against tywin at harrenhal and went west to ravage the western kingdom of the lannisters and this and i think with tywin's connivance and this much was evidenced during boltons journey from harrenhal to the twins to attend the wedding where he tactfully betrayed non bolton northern troops by ferrying his troops across first and leaving the rest to be massacred in an ambush led by gregor clegane the mountain and rob stark didn't help matters much by beheading rickard karstark his bannerman to whom half his army owed their primary fealty and loyalty causing the loss of half his fighting forces.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 2:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Gbola5:

How do you know this, if it hasn't been said on the show ? Its not mostly Targs though, the Frey's name their kids after a member of any house they want to curry favour from. Just two Freys are known to have Targ names.

You know I haven't read the books, but just going by what you book fans know since this price of info is actually useless to the show.

-Aegon Frey, also known as Jinglebell
-Aenys Frey
-Aegon Frey, an outlaw named Aegon Blood born
-Rhaegar Frey, a pie
-Ser Aemon Rivers, a bastard

shows at least 5 freys named after Targs.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 2:12am On Aug 01, 2015
BraniacX:

Wrong @ the bolded, at that point in time, he stood a better chance at victory than rob stark, tywin only made one mistake, he thought rob a greenhorn despite the many seasoned campaigners he had among his bannermen and dismissed him, he deeply regretted that afterward, tywin was playing a waiting game because rob had the only thing tywin valued as much as his family name and that was jamie his son, true they supposedly had both stark girls but to tywin and even to rob their brother, they didn't have same negotiating value. With jamie as his prisoner, rob went ahead and bled lannister armies until only tywins main force at harrenhal(which later went to kingslanding at the battle of the blackwater) was large enough and strong enough to face rob, but tywin couldn't or didn't face rob because he couldn't predict rob and had come to respect him as an adversarý besides he i think had come to realise that rob would be more easily vanquished away from the battle field and he was right, he looked for the chink in robs northern ranks and found a ready made one in the far reaching roose bolton who deliberately orchestrated many losses of northern forces (mostly soldiers of other northern houses) when rob garrisoned him against tywin at harrenhal and went west to ravage the western kingdom of the lannisters and this and i think with tywin's connivance and this much was evidenced during boltons journey from harrenhal to the twins to attend the wedding where he tactfully betrayed non bolton northern troops by ferrying his troops across first and leaving the rest to be massacred in an ambush led by gregor clegane the mountain and rob stark didn't help matters much by beheading rickard karstark his bannerman to whom half his army owed their primary fealty and loyalty causing the loss of half his fighting forces.

Am not much of a reader, sorry, didn't read all that.

Don't forget that robb wasn't fighting for the iron throne.

The Lannisters could barely get by the Baratheons if not for tyrion's genius and robb had a better army.

Was robb not also termed a master planner? Seriously though, a lot of game of thrones forums online say the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2015
BraniacX:

Its a theory, ned took a baby from lyana's bloody body and the theory is that she died in childbirth. She wasn't murdered and wasn't in a fight with anyone, she was Rhaegar's prisoner at the red castle and she was repeatedly raped by him even to the disgust of his wife ellia of house martell. The rape being talked about was not once and happened from the period of lyana's kidnap after the tournament at harrenhal to right before Rhaegar went to war to quell the rebellion and was killed in the battle of the trident by robert baratheon, that much we know from the previous five publications of the book, what we don't know is what happens after, what jon's true identity is and this theory gives a very plausible explanation because the honourable ned stark loathed talking about jon's mother even to his beloveth wife katherine of house tully and his maester luwin, the two people apart from benjen he had kept no other secrets from. This theory postulates that jon is the son of Rhaegar by lyana stark and is the second head of the three headed dragon which is the symbol of house targeryon, the legend of the dragons say they are three headed (three dragons) with three riders. But what much we can postulate with a reasonable degree of confidence is that jon snow dies but survives in a manner we can't really fathom yet given the fact that he is a very powerful warg, a fact of which he was unaware of even at the time of his death.

Only Robert and others think it was rape. Ned didnt, Barristan didnt. And its not said he tells Benjen, or that Elia knew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2015
BraniacX:

The Karstarks aren't half his fighting force. Merely 3,000. It was a mistake, or exaggeration.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2015
gj22:

You know I haven't read the books, but just going by what you book fans know since this price of info is actually useless to the show.

-Aegon Frey, also known as Jinglebell
-Aenys Frey
-Aegon Frey, an outlaw named Aegon Blood born
-Rhaegar Frey, a pie
-Ser Aemon Rivers, a bastard

shows at least 5 freys named after Targs.

I know all this. Im asking how you came to know them, since you're show only, and non of them are in or have been mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.