Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091805 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chiscomax(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seun:
The show and the book have diverged. Let's not keep mixing them up.
True talk sir. I prefer the movie because i dont need to omagine much compared to when reading the books.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
"A wise man once said the true history of the world are a history of great conversations in elegant rooms"

Tyrion Lanister
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
jonsnow92:
While we all await the next episode of G.O.T..lets answer this question.i know its gonna b tough picking one though
Whats your number one game of throne moment,That moment that when you watch it you can repeat virtually everyword in d scene.That moment you can watch over and over again.....What's that moment,You can pick anyone from season 1-/season 6
Mine is the Power is Power scene..For me that dialogue between litttle finger and Cersei was crazy

Jaime and Brienne's bathtub scene. "Jaime, my name is Jaime."
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Is it me or was game of Thrones Really short?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 1:17am On Jun 02, 2016
Endy10:

Really? so because he he is a softie, he doesn't deserve his father's love? if God blesses you with a son who is really intelligent, loves reading, knows history like no other and has an IQ that seems unreal, you wouldn't love him and be proud of him because he is a softie? gerrarahia!
back in the days muscle is might. Even though i dont like his fathers attitude towards him, truth must be said. Sam is not fit to lord over any one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 1:22am On Jun 02, 2016
Gbola5:

Well she's not my number 1 character, and not because she's a female. She's a self absorbed ruler, who can't differentiate what she wants to do from what she needs to do, hypersexual, impractical, a hypocrite, and believes in some "rightful" ancestral leadership.

“Stark was a traitor who met a traitor’s
end.”
“Your Grace,” said Selmy, “Eddard Stark
played a part in your father’s fall, but
he bore you no ill will. When the
eunuch Varys told us that you were
with child, Robert wanted you killed,
but Lord Stark spoke against it. Rather
than countenance the murder of
children, he told Robert to find himself
another Hand.”
“Have you forgotten Princess Rhaenys
and Prince Aegon?”
“Never. That was Lannister work, Your
Grace.”
“Lannister or Stark, what difference?
Viserys used to call them the Usurper’s
dogs. If a child is set upon by a pack
of hounds, does it matter which one
tears out his throat?”

She says this but then she rules out that none of the crimes comitted during the sack of Meereen should be punished, she leaves a trail of corpses as she goes, and her actions seem to have grave consequences. Now are the Sons of the Harpy the bad guys like they are potrayed. Some of her intentions are good but intentions are not an excuse for all she has caused. But the show seems to deify her, always being bowed down to . Ands what's that talk about breaking "the wheel". Her ancestors built the wheel. Its cause of speeches like that people hate blind Dany fans ~ she has dragunths, she will fight the white walthers, she will conquer Westheroth.
the book and the show are two different things. Simple and short

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 1:25am On Jun 02, 2016
DIS IS ARGUABLY MY LEAST FAVORITE EPISODE IN D WHOLE SERIES..
2 ADD SALT TO INJURY DEY HAD 2 DO DANY SCENE.. (D DRAGON YELLING N SHOWIN HIS TONGUE WAS JST LAME 4 ME.. CLD AV SPIT FIRE 2WADS D SKY OR ASCENDED IN FLIGHT.. DT WLD AV BN MORE STIRRING)
KINDA PICKED ON ON IT IMMEDIATELY DT D SAVIOUR WAS BENJEN STARK...
NO SHOCKIN OR WTF MOMENT... JST MEH...

BEST SCENE :THEON GREYJOY RILING UP D IRONBORN 4 BATTLE...
"WE DIE 2DAY BROTHERS ".. EPIC.. JST EPIC!!!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 1:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What about Tyrion? Is he a physical hero.Is there anyone more worthy of Casterly Rock than him? When Mance Rayder attacked Castle Black, Samwell rose to the occasion while Lords like Janos Slynt (former commander of the City Watch by the way) cowered in fear. When it comes down to it, Hornhill would not get a better heir than Samwell Tarly.
just look at you. Comparing tyrion to sam. Sam is book smart, tyrion is wise. Am sure that tyrion even with his deformity will still beat sam in a combact

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 1:38am On Jun 02, 2016
IS IT JST ME OR DOES SOME1 ELSE FIND DT LORD TYRELL SCENE FUNNY...
MADNESS HAS HAD IT'S DAY!!!?..
WTF... WAT CRACKS ME UP MORE DAY HIS SPEECHES IS D DEVOTION N DEDICATION HE EMPLOYS WEN DISHING DEM OUT
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 1:40am On Jun 02, 2016
IS IT JST ME OR DOES SOME1 ELSE FIND DT LORD TYRELL SCENE FUNNY..? .
MADNESS HAS HAD IT'S DAY!!!?.. C'MON
WTF... WAT CRACKED ME UP MORE DAN HIS SPEECH WAS D DEVOTION N DEDICATION HE EMPLOYED WEN SAYIN IT
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2016
JhyMedex:
IS IT JST ME OR DOES SOME1 ELSE FIND DT LORD TYRELL SCENE FUNNY...
MADNESS HAS HAD IT'S DAY!!!?..
WTF... WAT CRACKS ME UP MORE DAY HIS SPEECHES IS D DEVOTION N DEDICATION HE EMPLOYS WEN DISHING DEM OUT

Lol... That guy is just a comedian, but the speech was kinda elegant, which it should be because he's a Lord...
What cracked me up more is the fact that he didn't even understand the polity that happened when the high sparrow beat them up without even using a needle to fight.
Lord Tyrell: What's happening??
Lady Tyrell: He's beaten us that's what's happened.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2016
Gmajor:

just look at you. Comparing tyrion to sam. Sam is book smart, tyrion is wise. Am sure that tyrion even with his deformity will still beat sam in a combact
Comprehension
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gogis(m): 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
Santino1:
Meanwhile at Ikea (for those who don't know, Ikea is one of the largest store in the world for furnitures and home appliances)

A door holder (a Hodor)

You are serious faa....lol....hold the door...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gogis(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=Santino1 post=46166729]Meanwhile at Ikea (for those who don't know, Ikea is one of the largest store in the world for furnitures and home appliances)

A door holder (a Hodor)[/quote

Lolz...u Re not serious faa....Hold the door...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2016
It says a lot about this episode that the most memorable thing for me was how pretty Gilly looked after she got a makeover from Sam's sister.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Asimiju: 10:17am On Jun 02, 2016
Peter Vaughan (Aemon Targaryen) is actually blind.

Actor Peter Vaughan, who plays Maester Aemon in Game of Thrones, has given us some of the most heartfelt scenes in the series. He may be slow moving, blind, and a little bitter at times, but he always gets his point across. Peter Vaughan is obviously a very talented actor, but what you may not know is that he is actually blind in real life. So besides having to act in the frigid cold at the age of 92, he is also doing so without the luxury of sight. This is quite impressive and gives a whole new perspective on the talent this actor possesses

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2016
Asimiju:
Peter Vaughan (Aemon Targaryen) is actually blind.

Actor Peter Vaughan, who plays Maester Aemon in Game of Thrones, has given us some of the most heartfelt scenes in the series. He may be slow moving, blind, and a little bitter at times, but he always gets his point across. Peter Vaughan is obviously a very talented actor, but what you may not know is that he is actually blind in real life. So besides having to act in the frigid cold at the age of 92, he is also doing so without the luxury of sight. This is quite impressive and gives a whole new perspective on the talent this actor possesses

Just google searched this stuff and its actually true

He's partially blind but still

Omo na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lady Olenna Tyrell: The city is made brighter by my presence? Is that your usual line, Lord Varys? Are you here to seduce me?
Lord Varys: A little obvious, perhaps.
Lady Olenna Tyrell: Oh, no, please! Seduce away, it's been so long. Though I rather think it's all for naught. What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?
[Varys looks down at his crotch, then back at Olenna, at a loss for words]
Lady Olenna Tyrell: A question for the philosophers. But you've come mincing all this way for something. So?

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Seun:
The show and the book have diverged. Let's not keep mixing them up.
OGA SEUN pls the antispam bot has started giving out undeserv bans again. it has place me on a ban in romance session for a post that broke no rule, pls seun look into it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Akanniade:
Lady Olenna Tyrell: The city is made brighter by my presence? Is that your usual line, Lord Varys? Are you here to seduce me?
Lord Varys: A little obvious, perhaps.
Lady Olenna Tyrell: Oh, no, please! Seduce away, it's been so long. Though I rather think it's all for naught. What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?
[Varys looks down at his crotch, then back at Olenna, at a loss for words]
Lady Olenna Tyrell: A question for the philosophers. But you've come mincing all this way for something. So?
....Damn....she bad.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Alexanderscott: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Watch season 6...episode 6 now :the mother of dragons is abat to take back the land of westeros now
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
Alexanderscott:
Watch season 6...episode 6 now :the mother of dragons is abat to take back the land of westeros now
Is she now ?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stonemind(f): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
Guys what happens to NED STARK'S sword "ICE"?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
stonemind:
Guys what happens to NED STARK'S sword "ICE"?

Was reforged into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stonemind(f): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
Gbola5:

Was reforged into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

I don't get it..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
djlaqua91:
I get where Lord Tarly is coming from, in the books he's regarded as one of the greatest commanders of all time. The only person who won a battle during Robert rebellion (Tarly was team Mad King). The family is famous for their military activities. Also, he banished Sam to the Nights watch and what did Sam do? Remain Fat( upon all the hardship haba smiley ) and then broke his vow by having a family (yes I know they're adopted). To his eyes Sam has no honour. We saw in Season1 episode 1 when Lord Stark beheaded that guy that fled the Nights Watch upon the fact he saw White Walkers. Sam would have desecrated the Tarly name. IMO the best solution would have been to leave Sam as heir and let his brother Dickon command the military as his bannerman (a recipe for disaster/betrayal). PS. Sam moms is from House Florent, She's cousins to Stannis Baratheons wife. Making King Tommen, Cersei, the Tyrells etc. his In-laws. *Whew* make I go rest.

There are many ways to toughen a kid up and sending him to the nights watch is not one of them. Was Robin arryn sent to the watch?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Gbola5:

Jaime was never evil really. He was just confused all this while.
while.[/quote]

He never really did any evil in the show (can only think of 2ice, when he pushed bran and killing his cousin). He was a bad person tho, no question about that
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
In episode 5 or so, we see Euron (Balon?) Greyjoy tell his men to build a thousand ships . Then episode 6, Dany is asking for who has a thousand ships.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
stonemind:

I don't get it..
Ice was melted down and reforged into 2 swords, Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stonemind(f): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Kaycee7:
Ice was melted down and reforged into 2 swords, Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

Too bad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by djlaqua91(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
gj22:

There are many ways to toughen a kid up and sending him to the nights watch is not one of them. Was Robin arryn sent to the watch?

Robin is the sole heir to the vale. The Arryn's are a much bigger house than the Tarlys. Lord Tarly already has Dickon as a replacement for Sam. He sent sam to the NW as an option instead of letting him die in a hunting raid. He lost hope in him, wasn't about toughening sam. . He made the decision easier for him to make dickon his heir without elder son sam lingering around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.