Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093711 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by arantess: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
armadeo:

Jeez.

Sarcasm dude.
It was lost on me obviously... Sorry bout that but I been dey vex that morning sha.
Power S3 started airing and it shd suffice for time being
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by honorbule(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
can this happen?

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
honorbule:
can this happen?

The theories we would hear before next year would be interesting.

Now it's a possibility since targaryan married themselves.

And Danny plans to marry in order to hold the seven kingdoms.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by honorbule(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2016
armadeo:

eh..you say married egbon and aburo?..thats so ridiculous. .well I will keep my fingers crossed oh
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2016
honorbule:

eh..you say married egbon and aburo?..thats so ridiculous. .well I will keep my fingers crossed oh

Its not ridiculous among targaryan

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
honorbule:
can this happen?
Ain't Harlequin Desire grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2016
armadeo:

Jon would be a poor choice for her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

Jon would be a poor choice for her.

In so many ways.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

In so many ways.
incest aside,
best situation for everybody
the way I see it she conquers the south,weds Jon and they fight the walkers.
she already married once for politics,she will do it again to prevent bloodshed.
plus I think she's barren so no pikin .
this is probably how the TV show ends.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

incest aside,
best situation for everybody
the way I see it she conquers the south,weds Jon and they fight the walkers.
she already married once for politics,she will do it again to prevent bloodshed.
plus I think she's barren so no pikin .
this is probably how the TV show ends.

I'm not sure if a marriage of Jon and Danaerys makes much political sense.

She would need to marry someone who can lend legitimacy to her rule after her invasion ends. Right now Jon is king in the north, but how much political clout does he actually hold? He has no men under his own banner save for some wildlings, though admittedly he has the support of the major northern houses.

I doubt that the title of 'king in the north' means much outside the north, and to be honest, neither does the Stark name. So I don't think there's really any political advantage to marrying him. I also doubt that the martells and the tyrells would be particularly interested in submitting to the starks.

Lets see how it plays out.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm not sure if a marriage of Jon and Danaerys makes much political sense.

She would need to marry someone who can lend legitimacy to her rule after her invasion ends. Right now Jon is king in the north, but how much political clout does he actually hold? He has no men under his own banner save for some wildlings, though admittedly he has the support of the major northern houses.

I doubt that the title of 'king in the north' means much outside the north, and to be honest, neither does the Stark name. So I don't think there's really any political advantage to marrying him. I also doubt that the martells and the tyrells would be particularly interested in submitting to the starks.

Lets see how it plays out.

the stark name doesn't have to mean much outside the North but the Stark's are the north.
they have been in the north way before the targs even came to westeros

Legitimacy won't be an issue she has the name and the army.
Also the tyrell, Martell's and Stark's all hate the Lannisters.

The north as it is now is stronger than the south which is why I think dany's rolls through the south easily,
the army's of the vale may even decide to fight for the stark like they just did again.

Not to rehash old issues but you really don't care much for Jon.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by timothyuche1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
I don't understand this talk about Jon been a targaryan?
Can someone please clarify me
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by arantess: 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
timothyuche1:
I don't understand this talk about Jon been a targaryan?
Can someone please clarify me

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

the stark name doesn't have to mean much outside the North but the Stark's are the north.
they have been in the north way before the targs even came to westeros

Jon isn't a Stark as you well know. The lords of Northern houses have declared to fight for Jon Snow not Jon Stark. If Bran Stark comes back tomorrow and declares an ambition to the Stark holdings, then theoretically Jon has very little Locus Standi.

That isn't even the point I was trying to raise sef. The Stark name is widely ridiculed or held in contempt outside the north if the show is anything to go by. Foreign invaders will often marry into the local aristocracy to blend in,and to gain acceptance and/or legitimacy for their rule from the conquered population. Jon currently has neither the required family name nor the political clout outside the north to make him an attractive marriage proposition. Even in the north, it remains to be seen how much loyalty he currently commands, and I have a strong suspicion that a power tussle between himself and Sansa could be in the offing.

Legitimacy won't be an issue she has the name and the army.
Also the tyrell, Martell's and Stark's all hate the Lannisters.
That's actually not enough, and I think that relationships at play are far more complex than the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I really dont think the Tyrells for example, will be willing to commit to Danaerys's rule just for revenge. They have been married into royalty on 3 occasions so I wonder what they would want in return for their assistance.
If the conversation with Yara is anything to go by, we might be looking at a Balkanization of Westeros, and Danaerys may find her kingdom far smaller than she imagined.

The north as it is now is stronger than the south which is why I think dany's rolls through the south easily,
the army's of the vale may even decide to fight for the stark like they just did again.

The north actually have relatively few men left after Robb's disastrous expedition and only the Knights of the Vale appear to have a full strength army. With littlefinger harbouring title ambitions of his own, it remains to be seen what camps the Knights of the Vale will eventually declare for.
The Southern Armies by contrast seem to be largely intact by virtue of avoiding combat using the Red Wedding. Though it has to be said, those dragons provide a massive tactical advantage to Danaerys.

Lol You Too? cheesy
I would have thought that you would be more familiar with my writing style and thought processes.
Well this has nothing to do with that. I'm just saying.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

How's the North stronger ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

That isn't even the point I was trying to raise sef. The Stark name is widely ridiculed or held in contempt outside the north if the show is anything to go by. Foreign invaders will often marry into the local aristocracy to blend in,and to gain acceptance and/or legitimacy for their rule from the conquered population. Jon currently has neither the required family name nor the political clout outside the north to make him an attractive marriage proposition. Even in the north, it remains to be seen how much loyalty he currently commands, and I have a strong suspicion that a power tussle between himself and Sansa could be in the offing.

The north actually have relatively few men left after Robb's disastrous expedition and only the Knights of the Vale appear to have a full strength army. With littlefinger harbouring title ambitions of his own, it remains to be seen what camps the Knights of the Vale will eventually declare for.
The Southern Armies by contrast seem to be largely intact by virtue of avoiding combat using the Red Wedding. Though it has to be said, those dragons provide a massive tactical advantage to Danaerys.

The Stark name isn't ridiculed. They're one of the oldest houses. Sansa wouldn't be an option for marriage if the name was riduculed. And they aren't broke. They have no debts.
The North has few men, the Lannisters have fewer. Only the Vale and Dorne still have their armies intact. And Dorne's army isn't that impressive. Note- This doesn't excuse Jon being a poor consort for Dany.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
What exactly is it that makes people think this is a comedy ? Comedies end with people getting married, having kids, getting what they want, and being happy. So how exactly are Dany and Jon getting married ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Jon isn't a Stark as you well know. The lords of Northern houses have declared to fight for Jon Snow not Jon Stark. If Bran Stark comes back tomorrow and declares an ambition to the Stark holdings, then theoretically Jon has very little Locus Standi.

That's actually not enough, and I think that relationships at play are far more complex than the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I really dont think the Tyrells for example, will be willing to commit to Danaerys's rule just for revenge. They have been married into royalty on 3 occasions so I wonder what they would want in return for their assistance.
If the conversation with Yara is anything to go by, we might be looking at a Balkanization of Westeros, and Danaerys may find her kingdom far smaller than she imagined.

Lol You Too? cheesy
I would have thought that you would be more familiar with my writing style and thought processes.
Well this has nothing to do with that. I'm just saying.

He fly's the stark banner.
And to paraphrase one of those Northern's lord,to them Ned's blood (we know better they don't)flows in his veins.

those Northern lord never followed Sansa I doubt they would follow Bran.
Both the southern army and the Northern army have been fighting prior to the red wedding.
And the North was winning the war.
So the losses are on both sides.
Not all the northern army cross the twins for the wedding ceremony.
The defection of the tyrells that supplied Men,food and money to the Lannister's can't be easily replaced.
Plus the finest military mind in the south that survived cersei's madness is Ser Jamie.

The Matriarch of the Tyrrell's stated that she is in this for revenge now.
Plus,she has no suitable offspring to marry off at least in the show.

This is running longer than I intended but this is just how I think it will go down.
Danys wins in the south and just as she is about to fight the North the whole kingdom faces the real threat of the walkers
A marriage alliance is proposed.

Oh am familiar All right,but this is still fiction and Jon is the hero. He already cheated death.

Ultimately,I hope am wrong cause I do like to be surprised.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

The Stark name isn't ridiculed. They're one of the oldest houses. Sansa wouldn't be an option for marriage if the name was riduculed. And they aren't broke. They have no debts.
The North has few men, the Lannisters have fewer. Only the Vale and Dorne still have their armies intact. And Dorne's army isn't that impressive. Note- This doesn't excuse Jon being a poor consort for Dany.

Ed Stark had his head chopped off and left to rot on a pole in public. His daughter's betrothal to the king was cancelled in humiliating fashion then she was married off to her father's enemy to be constantly rapped. His son was killed, his head chopped off, and his dog's head was sewn on to his shoulders and the corpse paraded in the streets. The Stark castle was captured twice with no protest from Kings landing. Even worse, the title of Warden of the North was stripped from the starks and given to their enemies. At the time to raise an Army to reclaim their castle, none of the main houses would answer their call....And after everything that happened, the Nothern Lords are now sworn to a guy who isn't even a Stark grin

That name has been ridiculed beyond shame sef.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

He fly's the stark banner.
And to paraphrase one of those Northern's lord,to them Ned's blood (we know better they don't)flows in his veins.

those Northern lord never followed Sansa I doubt they would follow Bran.
Both the southern army and the Northern army have been fighting prior to the red wedding.
And the North was winning the war.
So the losses are on both sides.
Not all the northern army cross the twins for the wedding ceremony.
The defection of the tyrells that supplied Men,food and money to the Lannister's can't be easily replaced.
Plus the finest military mind in the south that survived cersei's madness is Ser Jamie.

The Matriarch of the Tyrrell's stated that she is in this for revenge now.
Plus,she has no suitable offspring to marry off at least in the show.

This is running longer than I intended but this is just how I think it will go down.
Danys wins in the south and just as she is about to fight the North the whole kingdom faces the real threat of the walkers
A marriage alliance is proposed.

Oh am familiar All right,but this is still fiction and Jon is the hero. He already cheated death.

Ultimately,I hope am wrong cause I do like to be surprised.

I think that GoT has shown us that there are no black and white characters.

What does Dorne get out of this? Varys? I don't believe that the Tyrells are just going to rollover when all the biz is done.

Just wait and see how it plays out. cool

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

You mean Randyll Tarly.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Ed Stark had his head chopped off and left to rot on a pole in public. His daughter's betrothal to the king was cancelled in humiliating fashion then she was married off to her father's enemy to be constantly rapped. His son was killed, his head chopped off, and his dog's head was sewn on to his shoulders and the corpse paraded in the streets. The Stark castle was captured twice with no protest from Kings landing. Even worse, the title of Warden of the North was stripped from the starks and given to their enemies. At the time to raise an Army to reclaim their castle, none of the main houses would answer their call....And after everything that happened, the Nothern Lords are now sworn to a guy who isn't even a Stark grin

That name has been ridiculed beyond shame sef.

You're referencing things happened to them. I assure you that the Stark name hasn't been tainted. It's quite the opposite actually. It was; Joffrey whose name was ridiculed for giving the commands; The Freys for killing and mutillating guests under their roof, after giving bread and salt; the Ironborn for trying to hold a region whose ways were different; the Boltons for committing treason. King's Landing couldn't protest if a Castle in the realm was captured in the midst of war, plus they had Blackwater to deal with during this. The title of Warden of the North was stripped because the Starks had lost the war, with no known living member(or the North would have rallied); Besides the Boltons were holding the North for a time as Tyrion could get a child from Sansa; and bookwise, they had to create a fake Arya to cement their hold of the North, showwise they had to make Sansa fill that role. The parts about marrying to be constantly raped, or the North not responding, gods know where the writers got that from.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

You're referencing things happened to them. I assure you that the Stark name hasn't been tainted. It's quite the opposite actually. It was; Joffrey whose name was ridiculed for giving the commands; The Freys for killing and mutillating guests under their roof, after giving bread and salt; the Ironborn for trying to hold a region whose ways were different; the Boltons for committing treason. King's Landing couldn't protest if a Castle in the realm was captured in the midst of war, plus they had Blackwater to deal with during this. The title of Warden of the North was stripped because the Starks had lost the war, with no known living member(or the North would have rallied); Besides the Boltons were holding the North for a time as Tyrion could get a child from Sansa; and bookwise, they had to create a fake Arya to cement their hold of the North, showwise they had to make Sansa fill that role. The parts about marrying to be constantly raped, or the North not responding, gods know where the writers got that from.

I am referencing things that were deliberately DONE to them within the context of the show. All the Starks tgat have been killed have executed publicly in thr most humiliating ways possible.

The ones that are alive have been treated with extreme disdain also in public.

I interpret that as ridicule. Fair enough if you see it differently .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

You mean Randyll Tarly.
show not book.
also he barely qualifies as a minor character so far.

I could've easily mention an alliance between the crippled tyrell and dany.
instead of Jon,but this is the show.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

show not book.
also he barely qualifies as a minor character so far.

I could've easily mention an alliance between the crippled tyrell and dany.
instead of Jon,but this is the show.

Randyll Tarly is in the show. Jaime is more of a soldier than a commander. Or heck Bronze Yohn Royce.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

Randyll Tarly is in the show. Jaime is more of a soldier than a commander. Or heck Bronze Yohn Royce.
To my knowledge we've only seen this dude in a few scenes in one episode.
Jamie just broke the riverrun siege and led part of the Lannister army against Robb before he was captured.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

I am referencing things that were deliberately DONE to them within the context of the show. All the Starks tgat have been killed have executed publicly in thr most humiliating ways possible.

The ones that are alive have been treated with extreme disdain also in public.

I interpret that as ridicule. Fair enough if you see it differently .

Any more humiliating than dying in a privy ? The argument was that the family name didn't mean much, in or out of the North, and i disagree.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
SIRcumalot:

To my knowledge we've only seen this dude in a few scenes in one episode.
Jamie just broke the riverrun siege and led part of the Lannister army against Robb before he was captured.

I seem to recall a scene where Stannis references Randyll to Samwell, when he arrives at the wall. And then we finally see him, in the South, therefore Jaime can't be the finest military mind, in the South. Jaime broke the siege with threats to Edmure. While Jaime led part of the Lannister army, they only took part in skirmishes accross the Riverlands, he was captured in his first battle in the war.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gbola5:

I seem to recall a scene where Stannis references Randyll to Samwell, when he arrives at the wall. And then we finally see him, in the South, therefore Jaime can't be the finest military mind, in the South. Jaime broke the siege with threats to Edmure. While Jaime led part of the Lannister army, they only took part in skirmishes accross the Riverlands, he was captured in his first battle in the war.
a few oblique reference don't mean much.
so Jamie is a commander then. ehn
I don't see how insofar as he is with cersei he won't command the army.
also I just skimmed tarly history aside been a minor character, he is beholden to house tyrell.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by timothyuche1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
arantess:

Wow! But where from the show did they reveal the father of jon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by FrankNetter(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
do you know?

the targaryeans only marry amongst themselves??

that way, they keep the dragon blood pure and unadulterated.

JonSnow is a targaryean.
Khalessi Daenarys StormBorn is a targaryean.

go figure wink wink wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Gbola5:

The argument was that the family name didn't mean much, in or out of the North, and i disagree.

If you base it on the show, the Starks as a powerful family are done. The Stark name is done. The main pillars of the family have been either publicly executed or sent into exile. They have no political clout, and the King in the North is not a Stark either in name...or in blood.

I don't understand how this is so difficult to understand.

Any more humiliating than dying in a privy ?

What does this have to do with anything?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.