Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1132403 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2017
armadeo:

Lol.

It is known.

Tyrion and Jon cannot die.

It's a song of ice and fire

Lmao.

There's nothing like "cannot die"

According to GRRM, if a character has to die for progression of the story........then R.I.P to him/her. There's nothing like "fan favorite"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2017
kay9:

Y'all can keep theorizing on your tinfoils all you want until GRRM/D& D come along unannounced and kills off both of them, naim una eye go clear. As for me, I've since exchanged my heart for an icebox - Ned Stark's death taught me a bitter lesson.

Here's the whole moral of the Game of Thrones in one sentence: A man may live, or a man may die; it is all the same to the Many-faced god. Period.

Lol.

It is known.

Even Jon snow refused to stay dead.

Catelyn stark refused to stay dead.

dondarion was killed by both cleganes.

Some people don't obey the many faced God.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2017
armadeo:

Lol.

It is known.

Even Jon snow refused to stay dead.

Catelyn stark refused to stay dead.

dondarion was killed by both cleganes.

Some people don't obey the many faced God.

It will hit you like a hurricane if GRRM kills all your favourite character in one single episode in this coming season. Even GRRM sees all characters as equals, he's not to be trusted! grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Funjosh:
Kill Tyrion and bring to end GOT.
Are you daring the writers of GOT?... A man knows their capabilities. A man should stop utterly words before he causes heartbreak for us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
armadeo:

Jon was born of salt and smoke at the tower of joy.

Danny was also born of salt and smoke at the pyre of Drogo.

Azor ahai could be anyone of them.

I believe it's Jon though

Jon's salt and smoke comes from the fact that his wounds were burning when he was stabbed and Bowen Marsh cried salty tears, and Ser Patrek of the Mountain who was standing above Jon had blood on his star surcoat(when the red star bleeds...). There was no fire at the Tower of Joy.
Dany was born on Dragonstone, and reborn in Drogo's pyre with three dragons (shall awaken dragons from stone...also a testament to the fact that Dany was born on Dragonstone).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
BraniacX:

Are you implying lightbringer is merely "figurative" i would have sworn it talks about an actual sword forged in magic which is what valyrian steel represents!

What other characters apart from daenerys and jon snow would the azor ahai legend work for? That is if we are discounting jenny of oldstones prophecy of this person being of targaryean descent.

Yes that's what I'm implying Victarion, Aegon 'VI', Jaime, Stannis Rhaegar(but he's dead).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Gbola5:

Yes that's what I'm implying Victarion, Aegon 'VI', Jaime, Stannis Rhaegar(but he's dead).

Tinfoil.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
Gbola5:

Then how do you reconcile it with jenny of oldstone's prophecy on the lineage of this individual or is that irrelevant? undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
BraniacX:

Then how do you reconcile it with jenny of oldstone's prophecy on the lineage of this individual or is that irrelevant? undecided

You mean the Ghost of Highheart. While I don't believe that Jaime is Aerys's, the prophecy she actually talked about was of the Prince that was promised, not Azor Ahai, unless they are one and the same. But no one knows for sure yet, or if being born to the line of Rhaella and Aerys is a prerequisite.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
kay9:

Tinfoil.

Well the Victarion part is, but Jaime actually dreamt of picking up a glowing/flaming sword when he layed his head on a weirwood stump.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2017
Gbola5:

Well the Victarion part is, but Jaime actually dreamt of picking up a glowing/flaming sword when he layed his head on a weirwood stump.

Your encyclopedic memory continues to astound. Abeg where/when did he have this dream again?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:51am On Jan 19, 2017
kay9:

Your encyclopedic memory continues to astound. Abeg where/when did he have this dream again?

This dream was after he leaves Brienne at Harrenhal, and before he decides to go rescue her from the bear pit. He was in the bowels of Casterly Rock, and past members of the King's Guard, and all his failures appeared to him.

~Below the earth his doom awaited, he knew with the certainty of dream; something dark and terrible lurked there, something that wanted him. Jaime tried to halt, but their spears prodded him on. If only I had my sword, nothing could harm me.

"This is your place, Brother. This is your darkness." Her torch was the only light in the cavern. Her torch was the only light in the world. She turned to go.
"Stay with me," Jaime pleaded. "Don't leave me here alone." But they were leaving. "Don't leave me in the dark!" Something terrible lived down here. "Give me a sword, at least."

"I gave you a sword," Lord Tywin said.

It was at his feet. Jaime groped under the water until his hand closed upon the hilt. Nothing can hurt me so long as I have a sword. *As he raised the sword a finger of pale flame flickered at the point and crept up along the edge, stopping a hand's breath from the hilt. The fire took on the color of the steel itself so it burned with a silvery-blue light, and the gloom pulled back.* Crouching, listening, Jaime moved in a circle, ready for anything that might come out of the darkness. The water flowed into his boots, ankle deep and bitterly cold. Beware the water, he told himself. There may be creatures living in it, hidden deeps...

"Do they keep a bear down here?" Brienne was moving, slow and wary, sword to hand; step, turn, and listen. Each step made a little splash. "A cave lion? Direwolves? Some bear? Tell me, Jaime. What lives here? What lives in the darkness?"
"Doom." No bear, he knew. No lion. "Only doom."

The dream continues but this is ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
^^^ Mmmmmm! smiley
Ok, i admit i don't even recall this at all; i must have skimmed through this part of the book...

Still though, silvery-blue light... Doesn't really fit the description of Azor Ahai's sword. The real question for me is, what is the thing living beneath Casterly Rock?

EDIT:
I went back to re-read the whole sequence... turns out Brienne got a flaming sword too. That basically destroys any possibility of the flaming sword being a reference to Lightbringer... So kindly eliminate Jaime's name from the list.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
^^^^

It's gbola5 again.

I read this part too but never did I link it to the flaming sword of azor ahai.

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
kay9:
^^^ Mmmmmm! smiley
Ok, i admit i don't even recall this at all; i must have skimmed through this part of the book...

Still though, silvery-blue light... Doesn't really fit the description of Azor Ahai's sword. The real question for me is, what is the thing living beneath Casterly Rock?

Who knows.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
Gbola5:

Who knows.

I think it was just a fevered dream.though GRRM has shown nothing is chance.

Take the intro of GOT.

The direwolf killed by a stag.

Also theon said only a mountain LION could have killed the wolf.

Very interesting to note.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Gbola5 Respect!!!
I see you... smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
armadeo:

I think it was just a fevered dream.though GRRM has shown nothing is chance.

Take the intro of GOT.

The direwolf killed by a stag.

Also theon said only a mountain LION could have killed the wolf.

Very interesting to note.

Exactly what I'm saying. And what's more, there's a weirwood tree thrown into the mix. You can bet your bootstraps there's something big here...

- there is "something", a "doom", in the bowels of Casterly Rock.
- Jaime's fire goes out, and he can only see with Brienne's... mmmm, what could it mean? smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
When is the next season coming out segĀ”
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by purplekayc(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
blackjack21:
When is the next season coming out segĀ”
think that should be the last season
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
purplekayc:
think that should be the last season

Do you know when it's coming out?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by purplekayc(m): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
blackjack21:

Do you know when it's coming out?
middle of this year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_(season_7)

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jejemanito: 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
How many of you have seen this GOT voice mimicry?

The boy is good!

See the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poYaYjnJ53c
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2017
oyetpel:

There is a also a theory that the mad king (Dany's father) raped Tywin Lannister's wife (Tyrion's mother). Tywin try to hurt the unborn Tyrion, he wanted to abort him, and that's why Tyrion is deformed (imp).

via medicine maybe Remember his wife ruled him @ home meaning he loved his wife
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 11:29am On Jan 31, 2017
Gbola5:

Who knows.
Greetings
which other fantasy book will you recommend?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
moski5:

Greetings
which other fantasy book will you recommend?
Wheel of Time by Oliver James Rigney Jr.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
Gbola5:

Wheel of Time by Oliver James Rigney Jr.
Never knew Robert Jordan goes by this name too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Never knew Robert Jordan goes by this name too.
They are one and the same.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Gbola5:

They are one and the same.
Looked it up,before I wrote that post never heard anybody call him that before. Make the person grab the book.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iPopAlomo(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
armadeo:

spoiler alert the entire game of thrones is about jon snow.
he cannot die.
hes the most important man in all of westeros,

Ice.... starks
fire ... targaryan
a song of ice and fire...

rheggar targaryan and lyanna stark = jon snow.

Explain Jon Snow's black hair...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iPopAlomo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
armadeo:

spoiler alert the entire game of thrones is about jon snow.
he cannot die.
hes the most important man in all of westeros,

Ice.... starks
fire ... targaryan
a song of ice and fire...

rheggar targaryan and lyanna stark = jon snow.

Explain Jon Snow's black hair...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Electronzeez(m): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
jejemanito:
How many of you have seen this GOT voice mimicry?

The boy is good!

See the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poYaYjnJ53c

I am watching this for the first time and that guy is good .

He got that "high Sparrow " tonality and that of little finger .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.