Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? (16688 Views)

Nigerians Unite Against Insecurity & Terrorism! / Kidnappings, Insecurity & Terrorism Challenges In Nigeria And Recommendations / Solution To Insecurity In Nigeria Is Dialogue,says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by adaemetu(f): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2013
Amnesty is NOT the solution to this BH issue. First of all, freedom of worship and religion is a fundamental human right so for them to want everybody to convert to islam is a breach plus it's not even right to islamise the northern states cos they are northern christians!!. Then to kill people ontop of it is a serious crime!! I still insist that poverty is not their problem and btw they are not the only poor people in the country. Inshort I suggest true federalism ie each state shld take care of it's state with it's resources and pay tax to the central. I guess that'll help quench a lot of uprising
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by dederocs(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2013
No peace without justice...justice for the innocent killed in all these bomb attacks and senseless shootings.
this government of jonathan is just trying to appease Northern people over his political agenda.he himself knows that the false amnesty of sharing money to a few elites wont stop the campaign of die hard Islamist terrorists.
Nigeria is doomed,these crop of leaders and elites we have are demonic spirits.
weel i got nothing to loose,let them fuel the fire-i bet them they will have no where to escape when it burns.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by jamesife(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2013
@Amakamexx
You have got choice to read or otherwise. You are also entitlle to your opinin but then I would appreciate if you keep you mouth shot if you cannot appreciate the piece written by some who feels the pain of the manece Nigeria is faced with and took his God given time to put them in writing.

Amakamax: Will i call this biology note or what?
Don Okereke or whatever u call yoursef, how do u expect us to read all these long notes?

Also with ur phone numba and email, i bet u are kinda advertising smthing here.
Maybe u want a post up there!!!
Well, go ahead, we r behind u.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by delamingo: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2013
Amnesty for any terrorist group, will only encourage more groups like this to come up. http://fusion.com.ng/
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by soderican(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2013
Idi Amin: My group is warming up. We shall k?ill all abokis in the south east and demand 4 amnesty too. Who are they deceivin, nort'hern elders my foot
U r on point!
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by coputa(m): 12:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
The easy way to fight insecurity and the menace of Boko haram is to go back and right the wrongs of our past leaders..what we are withnesing now was a result of total neglect and complete lack of plan for the youths of this country...imagine our universities churning out millions of graduates without jobs,how do you want them to survive,these is the spill over of hostilities that has now soowball into a huge monster..we need a sincere government that will cleanse the system by balancing the lopsided system of government we are operating,if this is done,then the problem of insecurity, militancy boko haram insurgence and other social maladies confronting us will fade away like a morning mist.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by dbride: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
coputa: The easy way to fight insecurity and the menace of Boko haram is to go back and right the wrongs of our past leaders..what we are withnesing now was a result of total neglect and complete lack of plan for the youths of this country...imagine our universities churning out millions of graduates without jobs,how do you want them to survive,these is the spill over of hostilities that has now soowball into a huge monster..we need a sincere government that will cleanse the system by balancing the lopsided system of government we are operating,if this is done,then the problem of insecurity, militancy boko haram insurgence and other social maladies confronting us will fade away like a morning mist.

How old are you? Is it the lopsided system of government that created boko haram? Boko haram is a force created to fight the very idea of an UNBELIEVER (southerner) leading a BELIEVER (northern muslim, not yoruba muslim). It is against the Islamic belief. Mind you, the yoruba muslims are not considered pure by their hausa/fulani counterparts. That explains why so many muslim yorubas were slaughtered in Kano during their religious riots years back.
We must understand these dynamics to know what we face in Nigeria as a nation. Education has not helped to change this perception because their religion..koran and hadith... is the foundation for any form of education.

This is the reason Nigeria is where it is today. When in power, the northerner is controlled by the koran. A muslim leader cannot report or penalise a fellow muslim in any case of fraud or crime. Islam forbids snitching on a fellow muslim. Yes, one's religion should be one's way of life but it becomes deangerous and retrogressive when that religion encourages corruption, cover-up of evil or crime if it involves my kith and kin. This is the foundation of our problem. How do you think corruption got to this level. Calculate the no of years they ruled 9ja and you will see what I am saying. They controlled majority of the ministries for so many years. Corruption has now become our way of life because it was planted so deep for so many years back.

From the above, and if truth must be told, the north and the south have different ideologies just like night and day. The south cannot ask the north to stop practising their koran and they likewise cannot force us to become muslims and something must give...PEACE. Solution is a (Sovereign) National Conference. Let's face the truth for once.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by dbride: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Lest I forget, no two individuals with different goals can work together. Can two work together except they agree? This is the problem of North and South. Only God can make this marriage work because it is a coming together of two completely different regions. One wants to go far right and the other wants far left. This will stall progress. One says if I am not made the head I will work to kill the union and the other resists but with much pains. Enough of this animal kingdom.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by coputa(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2013
@dbride,your myopic post dwells only on religion and tribalism as if that were the chief causes of the state of insecurity (creation of Boko haram) in nigeria. When non muslims were at the top echelon of power,like obasanjo did we withness boko haram Ditto Abaciha, did Mend cause any trouble then...Even in some completely muslim and xtian states..we still experience distrust,chaos and mayhem...let me remind you that there is no perfect template anywhere on which to build a balanced and progressive economy,what is needed is tolerance,which we all lacks because of our defective value system of self before others..so this your beer palour analysis of northern muslim..yoruba muslim and southern xtian, is certainly not the cause of our problem.,our problem is political and not religious.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by gudugudumeje: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2013
Amnesty to religious fanatics' insurgents and terrorists using religion biases to maim the country in a secular state like Nigeria is a violation of the secular status of Nigeria; QED. As well it is a declaration of Nigeria as an Islamic state; all with impunity. This is an daring invitation to anarchy and a terrible invitation and challenge to Canon law; QED. Goodluk and badluk to GEJ and his bandits in government......[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2013
Granting amnesty to boko haramites is just a necessary step to the end of nigeria as a country.
Let the federal government grant them amnesty and come back here in 2015 and see if we'll still have a one nigeria. This kinda thing will only breed anarchy. I forsee revolution very soon. The house of representathieves rejected a bill for unemployment benefit for unemployed graduates and now the federal government is set to compensate a terrorist group for killing innocent nigerians with N3M each and subsequent monthly allowance of N100k monthly. Let them try it and see if the centre will hold in this country. Ikoko o ni gb'omi ko tun gb'eyin.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by churchills: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2013
To me I see granting BH amnesty is as good as giving more room for crime in dis our dear country. Its a failure on d path of northern leaders to suggest amnesty for d fundamentalist sect,forgetting d fact that innocent nigerians have been affected by the serial bombings by dis God forsaking sect.
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by FOLLEY20(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Giving amnesty to BH members is not in any way d solution to d problem of terrorism in Nigeria. The only solution to this problem is disintegration. Let d government start a peaceful move on that now. We are not compatible for God sake!
Re: Is Amnesty The Solution To Insecurity, Terrorism & Boko-Haram Crises? by AmandaMustapha(f): 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
“ We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who will harm us” these were the words of Winston Churchill. This is what the men in the armed forces have been doing for us everyday of their lives and most especially in recent years in Northern Nigeria. As we loose our civilian brothers and sisters we are also loosing them in the armed forces whether a commissioned officer or a soldier, we as a nation have forgotten to mourn and honor them. We like many people have friends and loved ones keeping to their oath of protecting this nation in that part of the country. So we have come up with a way for us as a nation to honor our fallen, through a website called www.nigerianfallenheroes.com please visit this website to see those that have laid their lives so you can honor them (this can be done by leaving a simple message, poems, quotes anything you are comfortable with on the memorial wall). If you know an officer or a soldier that has laid his life in northern Nigeria in recent times please send the following information to nigerianfallenheroes@gmail.com so we might upload it on to the website (1) a picture of the person preferably in uniform (2) name, rank and service number (3) where and when he died. Please pass this on to as many as you can. Let us honor our fallen heroes and let us tell their families we know and appreciate their sacrifices. Thank you. Signed: Patron

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy / #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.