Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School (15875 Views)

12 Things You Should Learn About Relationships While You're Single.. / LADIES: When Someone Harrasses You In Public While You're With Your Guy. / Dating Mr Right While I Am Miss Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by bukatyne(f): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2013
Alleinad: A lot of ladies don't go out once their career life begins, they always in the office or at home, or at a bouique, how is a guy suppose to see them there? Some of them walk around with that matter of fact face that should be kept for strictly office, around the place, scares the hell outta a lot of guys. Some ladies become too demanding while pursuing their careers, the kind of guy they seem to want existed in the days of zeus and venus. I never met a loosened up, friendly, successful lady, who wasn't scared to be under a man, and ended up pressuring a pastor or men for marriage.

Don't these said ladies go for meetings, seminars, etc?

What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2013
Princeparix: ur right but why dont we ask first "why do i want to get married?"
Good question.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Its not all about getting married to whosoever propose to you, its all about getting married to that 'right person' - someone you love and who loves nd will love u in return no matter d circumstances.
You sure do not wana endup with someone who aint worth it at the end. This is marriage we talking about here, not so many of us got the courage of filing for divorce when things starts capsizing, so one really needs to be careful!
Marriage for me aint something to rush into, when i meet him...i'd defo know.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by eggo: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2013
WELL...i actually like to date guys way older dan i am... but bk in skool i did av a serious relship dat lasted for 6yrs he wasnt ready for marriage why? cos he was waiting for some big moni God knws i had no idea were dat ws gonna drop frm.. i cudnt wait any longer knowing age is not my best friend rit now..
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2013
caukerzee: Hey! The earlier you drop these feminist ideologies of yours the better. In the community we live in, believe you me theres hardly woman that would be proud to say she is dating or getting married to someone younger than herself, forget what you see the westernans and europeans doing.
but I don't live in the same community as urs undecided I have a couple of women in my family who re-married in their mid 30s and others who got married for the first time in their 30s and they all gave respectful husbands and their advice to me is get your education and learn to stand on ur own first and only settle down when you both are ready for it. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, I can only make the choice once and after that I have to live with it... Maybe it's how u were raised, but where I'm from we are always told not to be stupid enough to make decision we are not ready to commit to smiley
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by maclatunji: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2013
mondi_cheeks: but I don't live in the same community as urs undecided I have a couple of women in my family who re-married in their mid 30s and others who got married for the first time in their 30s and they all gave respectful husbands and their advice to me is get your education and learn to stand on ur own first and only settle down when you both are ready for it. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, I can only make the choice once and after that I have to live with it... Maybe it's how u were raised, but where I'm from we are always told not to be stupid enough to make decision we are not ready to commit to smiley

Fair enough. I think what the OP is saying is that ladies should have realistic expectations. It is all about balance, whilst you should not rush into marriage, your expectations of "Mr. Right" should also be realistic.

It applies to men too in terms of finding "The One".

#Thatsit
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Fair enough. I think what the OP is saying is that ladies should have realistic expectations. It is all about balance, whilst you should not rush into marriage, your expectations of "Mr. Right" should also be realistic.

It applies to men too in terms of finding "The One".

#Thatsit
thank you
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by caukerzee(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2013
mondi_cheeks:
Hey! I'm not talking about how old you are. Hell, there are ladies who even get married at the age of fourty. Its not a new thing. My issue here is would you 'propose' to a man way younger than yourself simply because you got paper and education?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 03, 2013
caukerzee: Hey! I'm not talking about how old you are. Hell, there are ladies who even get married at the age of fourty. Its not a new thing. My issue here is would you 'propose' to a man way younger than yourself simply because you got paper and education?
I wouldn't propose to a man, young or old...that's not me
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2013
And pple dat found theres after sch found Mr wrong abi?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by caukerzee(m): 11:58am On Apr 03, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I wouldn't propose to a man, young or old...that's not me
Thats my point exactly. In the end, you would still have to wait for the man to make the move and theres no assurance that the right people or rather the standards you've set would be met by the suitors comming. In summary, Education is good but it doesn't gaurantee that you'd get the want husband whenever you need one.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
caukerzee: Thats my point exactly. In the end, you would still have to wait for the man to make the move and theres no assurance that the right people or rather the standards you've set would be met by the suitors comming. In summary, Education is good but it doesn't gaurantee that you'd get the want husband whenever you need one.
I agree with u education is good. Neither is there assurance that if I enter into marriage hastily (simply because some one asked me to) it would be a harmonious one smiley
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
fubbyy: women don't make such decision as yours, its only a man can decide to get married whenever he's ready, a woman can't say so because what if she gets ready and no man is coming around?

@ topic , I don't know why God created this marriage of a thing,if I have the power to change the world, I will stop marriage and people can decide to make babies and move on

There are a lot of fuss with this marriage thing, its a tie down not settling down
THESE RE THE WISEST WORDS I VE EVA HEARD ABOUT MARRIAGE
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by mekzii(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
True2myself24: I was watching CNN and they were talking about how women plan their lives in terms of marriage. Well there was a woman on the show who was saying that the best time for a woman to look for a spouse or a potential spouse is while she's In college because it's at that age and environment that you're most likely to find a man who is, what she called, on the same social and intellectual level as you. According to her, women of this generation have been taught to use their twenties to futher themselves academically and professionally. Marriage should be something you seek after later in your thirties once you've achieved all or most of your professional goals. But then the problem with such an approach, again according to her, is that women end up marrying a lot later because of their careers and by the time they're well settled professionally they're in their early to mid thirties and have nothing but their careers; and not only that, but they have a limited pool of men from with they can chose from because the men they could have dated, and maybe married, when they were in college are already married and probably with their first child by their early thirties. Some people called this woman's advice sexist and regressive because if taken out of context, it sounds as if she's telling college women that they should be preoccupied with getting married instead of furthering themselves.

Me on the other hand I agree with her. I think that while you're young and in school you should keep your eyes open and see what's out there. I don't think that you should rush into marriage right away; afterall, you're not going to school just to walk straight into marriage and start making babies. I'm all for women developing themselves while they're young, but It's also wise not to shut out every guy that comes your way all in the name of advancing yourself in your career. What good is money and a dream job if you have no one to share it with? What's your opinion? Do you agree with the woman's argument? Why or why not?

I don't totally agree with this. Small wonder there are so many broken homes in the US. I think reasons like this take the essence out of life itself. Being open to relationships is not a bad idea, but if we have to say the truth, most relationships on campus these days are centered on sex first. There is time for everything and I think school time should be school time, please don't give our ladies the wrong ideas. GOD's time is always the best.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by interleukin(f): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
HARDDON: Learning to balance life's equations is the ultimate ish we are always faced with

Alpha-humans don't just happen on platter. They plan their whole lives . Wheda you like it or not, we were made to multitask ...if you don't do it well while young, you wud fail @ it while married cos there isn't no skipping that den

so true. I wish i knew this from the start.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by KateSpade(f): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
I saw this segment too

I agree with her in the sense that you can make great relationships/friendships while in school but don't let that be the only priority.

Just because you meet him in school doesnt mean you have to marry him or get engaged during that time as well. Hopefully if thats what people want they find a partner who feels the same.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by CrushX(f): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
kaboninc:
With time, one gets to understand the other and see if his goals and ambitions align with the other. For a woman, she'll even feel safe, secure and comfortable. That's why we are encourage to find that special half while we 'establishe our personality'.

I do see your point on this, however I think more often than not people get lost within each others' lives and try to fit to each others' needs that when they separate, they are lost as to the person they actually are and what they really want. I've seen this a few times and it makes it hard for them to be alone, which is why they jump into another relationship almost immediately. Of course, I don't mean you necessarily need to have all your sh*t together to find someone suitable, but I know the person I was in college and I am glad none of my relationships back then turned into anything more serious.

But I've also seen people get together in college who are still happily together, so I guess it's very relative smiley
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by davidif: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alleinad: The way I see it, anytime a lady wants to get a husband, she will. Even the bible says seek and you shall find. I am also of the opinion that if you've got plenty paper to spare, you can have any guy you want, esp the young guys. They r cuter anyway, more active, very lively, I could go on. Peace out.

Hahaha, you sound very naive.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Alleinad(f): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
davidif:

Hahaha, you sound very naive.
do I?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by bukatyne(f): 6:56am On Aug 01, 2018
bukatyne:

I don't know what you mean by flexing but I know that the best flexing is enjoyed in marriage with a spouse you love and loves you too.

Imagine you marry a 25 yr old man who really loves you @ 23. By 26, you are done having your kids...

You get to flex for the next 44yrs if you live till a min of 70.

I know this is a surreal situation but...

This is my own definition of real flexing!

I like to do what I have to do on time and move to the next step!
smiley smiley

What a nice feeling to stumble on a post 5yrs before and it still echoes my thoughts on a particular subject.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by AlphaCEO: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2021
True2myself24:
I was watching CNN and they were talking about how women plan their lives in terms of marriage. Well there was a woman on the show who was saying that the best time for a woman to look for a spouse or a potential spouse is while she's In college because it's at that age and environment that you're most likely to find a man who is, what she called, on the same social and intellectual level as you. According to her, women of this generation have been taught to use their twenties to futher themselves academically and professionally. Marriage should be something you seek after later in your thirties once you've achieved all or most of your professional goals. But then the problem with such an approach, again according to her, is that women end up marrying a lot later because of their careers and by the time they're well settled professionally they're in their early to mid thirties and have nothing but their careers; and not only that, but they have a limited pool of men from with they can chose from because the men they could have dated, and maybe married, when they were in college are already married and probably with their first child by their early thirties. Some people called this woman's advice sexist and regressive because if taken out of context, it sounds as if she's telling college women that they should be preoccupied with getting married instead of furthering themselves.

Me on the other hand I agree with her. I think that while you're young and in school you should keep your eyes open and see what's out there. I don't think that you should rush into marriage right away; afterall, you're not going to school just to walk straight into marriage and start making babies. I'm all for women developing themselves while they're young, but It's also wise not to shut out every guy that comes your way all in the name of advancing yourself in your career. What good is money and a dream job if you have no one to share it with? What's your opinion? Do you agree with the woman's argument? Why or why not?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Finally Humbled Me With Pussy After 8months: Pictures / Whats With Fat Ladies, Insecurity And Violence In A Relationship!! / WHY SO MUCH HATE AND BITTERNESS IN HERE. WHY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.