Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend (97154 Views)

Ladies, 8 Characteristics Of A Stingy Guy On First Date / 8 Characteristics Of Chronic Womanizers On Social Media / Error. 898 Sorry... Exit() (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by efosanice: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2013
This is a very self centered list from a man who sees the woman in his life not as a help mate or soul mate but an object that is supposed to fit into your life like a phone battery charger and knows when to speak and when to shut up so as not to incur the wrath of her owner.

This kind of guy falls into the group of men you shouldn't even marry.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/8-men-you-should-never-marry.html
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 03, 2013
who said taylor swift is fine?

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2013
orlaryhincah2: How To Trick Men Into Thinking You Have A Bigger Bútt
[img]http://3.bp..com/-b5bYv9LZH9I/URF4bL_iSSI/AAAAAAAABck/l44y4RdZqjE/s1600/Get+A+Bigger+Butt+Naturally%21.jpg[/img]
http://www.orlaryhincah..com/2013/04/how-to-trick-men-into-thinking-you-have.html
lmao cheesy men wey dey find big yansh don suffer o cheesy so them no go be able to detect the fake from the original cheesy anyway e good for them,na the thing wey man like,na im dey beleful am cheesy
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by 32D: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2013
mechummy: I have them all cheesygrin
would u be kind enuff to send ur number to me
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Orjioorji(f): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2013
with these character and qualities, i think l ve nt found a woman who truely love me
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by sunnyt1(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2013
No 5, 6, 7, and 8 might be very tough to achieve
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by nbright: 9:56am On Apr 03, 2013
she must be a ROBOT.
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2013
efosanice: This is a very self centered list from a man who sees the woman in his life not as a help mate or soul mate but an object that is supposed to fit into your life like a phone battery charger and knows when to speak and when to shut up so as not to incur the wrath of her owner.

This kind of guy falls into the group of men you shouldn't even marry.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/8-men-you-should-never-marry.html
are you minding the op.he should have written 'characteristics of the kind of woman i want' instead of the crap he wrote up there.anyway,i dont blame him,i blame seun because nairaland is the only place where ant tom,dck and harry can come and type whatever he likes

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by signalpower: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2013
every they ,you will not allow me rest with this Moses Rules. it is either 20 ways to bleep a lady or 120 ways to be impotent.what is all this for Gods sake. Pls Bukola turn your back let me see if you are still okay.
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2013
32-D:

would u be kind enuff to send ur number to me
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2013
Joan Johnson:

Having a good woman by your side as your girlfriend is always nice.

In fact, it is a dream of every normal man in this world. The right woman is a woman who can make you grow into a better man.

Many men experience failure in relationships because they are too quick to choose, too easily attracted and fall in love with a woman without thinking whether she is worthy or not (of course mistakes committed by ourselves can cause failures too). Below are 10 characteristics of a good woman to be your girlfriend:

1. Supportive

She is a figure who always support you in your life as well as your career and always by your side when the whole world walks out. As we know, our society tend to require a man to be a strong man and not a fragile person, but sadness and stress that come repeatedly will destroy you if you don’t vent your feelings. Thus, a good woman can be the best listener by providing support and comfort for you. She also gives you freedom to develop yourself as you want.

2. Independent

This characteristic is important because it means she can manage and take care of herself. It will be very annoying when you have to be her ‘babysitter’ all the time, right? She can go home by herself when you can’t pick her up, she can go shopping by herself when you can’t accompany her, and she can rely on herself when you can’t help her. Independent woman is a woman who can stand by her own feet and walk alone when you can’t be there (of course she still respects you as the leader).

3. Beautiful inside and out

From the outside, she is not a woman like Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Megan Fox, or Jessica Alba, but she looks beautiful and attractive in her own way, her simplicity and friendliness. From the inside, you notice that she is a person who has an extraordinary and inspiring personality.

4. Confident

She loves her imperfection, perfectly. She doesn’t hurt herself or dying to be famous and beautiful like a movie actress. She doesn’t try to be someone else, she is confident of herself and (of course) proud to have you by her side.

5. Respects you

You are the leader and she, as your partner, has respect for you and the decisions you make. She doesn’t make you afraid of her and look like a loser. But of course, you have to respect her too by not humiliating and treating her like a slave.

6. Know when to speak and keep quiet

She knows which stories that can be told to her friends and which ones don’t. She doesn’t like to gossip about your bad things and your relationship. She knows when to speak and listen to your words. She also can speak tenderly (without yelling) when she expresses her opinion to you.

7. Loyal

Someone who’s in normal or happy circumstances tend to be a kind person. Don’t immediately assume she has a good character when she is in such conditions, just wait until you have some problems. Then you will know her true character and who she really is. Women who are not loyal will turn around and leave you when you face problems, either minor or major ones. While women who are loyal will remain by your side to face the problems together. That’s why you need time to evaluate your partner before moving to the next stage of your relationship.

8. Doesn’t fall in love with your wealth and social status

In this modern era, money is something that has tremendous appeal. Money can buy positions, power, authorities, even ‘love’. Of course they love the money not the person. Although money remains an important thing to think about (you can’t eat and shop without money, right?), but a good woman won’t put her love on your wealth because she already has something more valuable than money… You. Think about this… Love of money is only temporary because wherever the money goes, that’s where her heart is… But love that comes and grows from her heart to you will last for a lifetime. Why? Because wherever you go, that’s where her heart is. Do you notice the difference?

9. Simple and down to earth

There was a joke that said, “The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.” It’s funny but also true. Women are good market of beauty products by various companies. In fact, MOST of their body parts are good market.. Their hair, face, ears, eyes, hands, fingers, toenails, and so on. Don’t be trapped by a high maintenance woman if you can’t afford her needs. It’s better to choose a simple woman who still looks good with what she got, without requiring too much maintenance. In addition, she is modest and humble in everyday life, she doesn’t demand a lot of facilities to indulge herself.

10. Gets into your life

And the last thing is she knows and gets along well with your friends. She also knows your family well, helps your mom to prepare meals, travels with your family, and most importantly she enjoys it all sincerely. When she knows your life well and has a good relationship with your family, then you have a good chance to move into the next relationship stage.

Poster tell me u've got all these and i'd be visiting ur Parents for a Marriage by Xmas wink
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2013
sunny t: No 5, 6, 7, and 8 might be very tough to achieve
i wonder what is wrong with all these men we have outside these days,why are they all so particular about number 6,7,8.something must be fundamentally wrong either with themselves,ego,lack of humility or accepting corrections from the opposite gender

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2013
El Guapo:

Poster tell me u've got all these and i'd be visiting ur Parents for a Marriage by Xmas wink
smh i wont be suprised even when you marry a girl with all these characteristics and still cheat on her with someone who doesnt posses all these characteristics.happy searching
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by wiser: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2013
Joan Johnson:

Having a good woman by your side as your girlfriend is always nice.

In fact, it is a dream of every normal man in this world. The right woman is a woman who can make you grow into a better man.

Many men experience failure in relationships because they are too quick to choose, too easily attracted and fall in love with a woman without thinking whether she is worthy or not (of course mistakes committed by ourselves can cause failures too). Below are 10 characteristics of a good woman to be your girlfriend:

1. Supportive

She is a figure who always support you in your life as well as your career and always by your side when the whole world walks out. As we know, our society tend to require a man to be a strong man and not a fragile person, but sadness and stress that come repeatedly will destroy you if you don’t vent your feelings. Thus, a good woman can be the best listener by providing support and comfort for you. She also gives you freedom to develop yourself as you want.

2. Independent

This characteristic is important because it means she can manage and take care of herself. It will be very annoying when you have to be her ‘babysitter’ all the time, right? She can go home by herself when you can’t pick her up, she can go shopping by herself when you can’t accompany her, and she can rely on herself when you can’t help her. Independent woman is a woman who can stand by her own feet and walk alone when you can’t be there (of course she still respects you as the leader).

3. Beautiful inside and out

From the outside, she is not a woman like Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Megan Fox, or Jessica Alba, but she looks beautiful and attractive in her own way, her simplicity and friendliness. From the inside, you notice that she is a person who has an extraordinary and inspiring personality.

4. Confident

She loves her imperfection, perfectly. She doesn’t hurt herself or dying to be famous and beautiful like a movie actress. She doesn’t try to be someone else, she is confident of herself and (of course) proud to have you by her side.

5. Respects you

You are the leader and she, as your partner, has respect for you and the decisions you make. She doesn’t make you afraid of her and look like a loser. But of course, you have to respect her too by not humiliating and treating her like a slave.

6. Know when to speak and keep quiet

She knows which stories that can be told to her friends and which ones don’t. She doesn’t like to gossip about your bad things and your relationship. She knows when to speak and listen to your words. She also can speak tenderly (without yelling) when she expresses her opinion to you.

7. Loyal

Someone who’s in normal or happy circumstances tend to be a kind person. Don’t immediately assume she has a good character when she is in such conditions, just wait until you have some problems. Then you will know her true character and who she really is. Women who are not loyal will turn around and leave you when you face problems, either minor or major ones. While women who are loyal will remain by your side to face the problems together. That’s why you need time to evaluate your partner before moving to the next stage of your relationship.

8. Doesn’t fall in love with your wealth and social status

In this modern era, money is something that has tremendous appeal. Money can buy positions, power, authorities, even ‘love’. Of course they love the money not the person. Although money remains an important thing to think about (you can’t eat and shop without money, right?), but a good woman won’t put her love on your wealth because she already has something more valuable than money… You. Think about this… Love of money is only temporary because wherever the money goes, that’s where her heart is… But love that comes and grows from her heart to you will last for a lifetime. Why? Because wherever you go, that’s where her heart is. Do you notice the difference?

9. Simple and down to earth

There was a joke that said, “The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.” It’s funny but also true. Women are good market of beauty products by various companies. In fact, MOST of their body parts are good market.. Their hair, face, ears, eyes, hands, fingers, toenails, and so on. Don’t be trapped by a high maintenance woman if you can’t afford her needs. It’s better to choose a simple woman who still looks good with what she got, without requiring too much maintenance. In addition, she is modest and humble in everyday life, she doesn’t demand a lot of facilities to indulge herself.

10. Gets into your life

And the last thing is she knows and gets along well with your friends. She also knows your family well, helps your mom to prepare meals, travels with your family, and most importantly she enjoys it all sincerely. When she knows your life well and has a good relationship with your family, then you have a good chance to move into the next relationship stage.

why is honesty and faithfulness the most important for the sake of being reserved, lacking in your
qualities list?
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by deols(f): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2013
what is all d story about wealth and social status.

why should a woman not want wealth. Wealth should not be d primary goal but is definitely desired by both men and women.

The hypocrisy is in men wanting independent women but crying fowl at women wanting the good life. Is there anyone who doesn't want that?
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2013
signalpower: every they ,you will not allow me rest with this Moses Rules. it is either 20 ways to bleep a lady or 120 ways to be impotent.what is all this for Gods sake. Pls Bukola turn your back let me see if you are still okay.
thank you o!
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2013
signalpower: every they ,you will not allow me rest with this Moses Rules. it is either 20 ways to bleep a lady or 120 ways to be impotent.what is all this for Gods sake. Pls Bukola turn your back let me see if you are still okay.
thank you o! God bless you for this,arrrgggh.una no dey taya! Everyday rules,laws,precepts,this that.tufiaaaa
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Sike(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2013
How i wish my future Wife could see/hear this...
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by AkwunnaHenry: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2013
lol
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2013
Olodostein: Well, put God first and love him more than you would do your 'Good Girlfriend/Boyfriend' and everything shall be added unto you.
Why are u calling God in this matter!did God ask u to do boyf& girlf b4 marriage?

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2013
deols: what is all d story about wealth and social status.

why should a woman not want wealth. Wealth should not be d primary goal but is definitely desired by both men and women.

The hypocrisy is in men wanting independent women but crying fowl at women wanting the good life. Is there anyone who doesn't want that?
1 million likes
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by wazobiaforu(m): 10:33am On Apr 03, 2013
Everybody keep saying not in Naija, African women are one of the best in the world to marry.

My lady take more than 70% of the list,that is okay and we are happy
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2013
Sike: How i wish my future Wife could see/hear this...
how i wish my future husband will not see or hear this or have this kind of deluded mindset this op has
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by deandavid(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2013
Lollypop 9 over 10 for you. Thats an excellent result for u swt.
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2013
nbright: she must be a ROBOT.
i just tire o,smh.mshewwww *spits in disgust*
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Eneze1(f): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2013
I have every of this qualities , but @times people tend to take u for granted
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by 32D: 10:44am On Apr 03, 2013
mechummy:
yimu... initial gragra
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2013
smiley
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2013
kulyie: smh i wont be suprised even when you marry a girl with all these characteristics and still cheat on her with someone who doesnt posses all these characteristics.happy searching

Am not Searching mate - Deal with that Generalization cool
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by didicold(f): 10:50am On Apr 03, 2013
Me i dey look for"how to get a cushy job", someone is posting me a list on how to be a good girlfriend?...shior, i see any man? Man sef no see me, na money we all dey find
p.s @ op i need a job, when u can help me get one, i'll read and assimilate ur list so dat i can be a better girlfriend....lol
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by jadakiss213(m): 10:51am On Apr 03, 2013
mechummy: I have them all cheesygrin
you for where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Slaps Man For Trying To Finger Her In A Commercial Bus / 'If You Twerk Like This Lady, No Man Will Marry You' Man Says, Celebrities React / How Did You Find Out Your Partner Was Cheating On You? See Replies People Gave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.