Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here (10426 Views)

Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by OkinawaCal64(m): 2:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Hello chukkynwob, Goshen 360 and everyone else engaged in this discussion: One thing I have learned in my 64 years of life, is that there are no greater destroyers of truth than that of ideology and tradition. Instead of applying the true contents of the Bible, we humans tend to invoke our own and/or various other ideological beliefs from the GREATEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN! I noticed chukkynwob addressing Goshen regarding the Old Testament as if nothing in it is important, or as if it shouldn't be used and parts of it applied to our daily lives. Christendom says our primary focus should be placed on the New Testament, for it bears witness to our Lord Jesus Christ. Christendom says it, practitioners believe it. They seem to never want to accept all, instead of accepting only what they want to.

For example, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 says, "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine. (NWT) The only way you can make sure of all things (such referring to the scriptures themselves) is to read scriptures, and apply them accordingly.

But the tell tell regarding adherence to both the Old and the New Testament Bibles is, 2 Timothy 3:16 and 17, where Paul tells us that "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness; that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. (NWT)

Paul isn't saying that only the New Testament (Christian Greek Scriptures) is inspired of God. He's saying (in reality) that "the Old and the New Testaments are inspired of God and beneficial", so that full adherence to 1 Thessalonians 5:21 can be applied.

Let's not forget, long before Paul ever even heard the title Messiah, Isaiah knew of him. Also, when our Lord Jesus Christ taught, he quoted from the Hebrew/Aramaic (Old Testament). Why would Jesus do that if he didn't feel it was important to do so, or, as Paul says, "beneficial" to do so?

Let's keep it going.
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by Goshen360(m): 3:26am On Apr 15, 2013
I will address this issue of old and new testament. There's lots of people on this forum that when they listen/read what I teach, many do not understand but go about making statement such as 'should we tear the old testament out then'? I have taught this old and new testament thing many times here but whatever people wanna say, they will keep saying.

I teach from the old; Jesus, the church/end time and the holy spirit are all in the old. The gospel was hidden in the old but revealed in the new, all of these I have said in the past teachings. People just wanna say what they wanna say. I said, I AM NOT A MAN OF THE LAW OF MOSES, SIMPLE! I will address this issue when I have time again.

Thank you!
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2013
Goshen360:

I will address this issue of old and new testament. There's lots of people on this forum that when they listen/read what I teach, many do not understand but go about making statement such as 'should we tear the old testament out then'? I have taught this old and new testament thing many times here but whatever people wanna say, they will keep saying.

I teach from the old; Jesus, the church/end time and the holy spirit are all in the old. The gospel was hidden in the old but revealed in the new, all of these I have said in the past teachings. People just wanna say what they wanna say. I said, I AM NOT A MAN OF THE LAW OF MOSES, SIMPLE! I will address this issue when I have time again.

Thank you!

Antinomianism at its best.

Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by truthislight: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
^^^

grin

funny dude.
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by Yooguyz: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthislight: ^^^

grin

funny dude.
dude wassup how has your day been? Could you please attend to this thread? Tanxs

www.nairaland.com/1257456/questions-truthislight-ijawkid-gods-name
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by truthislight: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yooguyz:
dude wassup how has your day been? Could you please attend to this thread? Tanxs

www.nairaland.com/1257456/questions-truthislight-ijawkid-gods-name

Guy, if you have an argument, open a regular thread if i am interested i will comment simple.

Ciao.
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by chukkynwob(m): 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
OkinawaCal64: Hello chukkynwob, Goshen 360 and everyone else engaged in this discussion: One thing I have learned in my 64 years of life, is that there are no greater destroyers of truth than that of ideology and tradition. Instead of applying the true contents of the Bible, we humans tend to invoke our own and/or various other ideological beliefs from the GREATEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN! I noticed chukkynwob addressing Goshen regarding the Old Testament as if nothing in it is important, or as if it shouldn't be used and parts of it applied to our daily lives.
Let's keep it going.

With all due respect Sir,what you wrote is surprising to me..

Can you kindly show a post where I was guilty of the indictment above? Thanks
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by truthislight: 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
chukkynwob:

With all due respect Sir,what you wrote is surprising to me..

Can you kindly show a post where I was guilty of the indictment above? Thanks

Dont worry about it.
There must have been a misconception somewhere during his reading of your post.

Maybe he jumped a word and got the wrong sense of the sentence.
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2013
Mehn!!! 64? Men dey here o!
Re: My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2013
I TOTALLY DISAGREE with such teachings as taught by Goshen here. While I respect your point of view on some Christian related threads I advise you ask the Holy spirit for the truth and not the Concordance.

One question that keeps popping up on my mind is;
- How is it that Mary and Joseph didn't know about this kind of sex?
- Why didn't Jacob start having sex with Rachael?

SEX before MARRIAGE is FORNICATION!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CAN Asks President Buhari To Ban Miyetti Allah / The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution / Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.