Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much (31600 Views)

Ladies, 7 Signs To Know You Have Expired In The Life Of A Guy / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. / 11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by KateSpade(f): 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
1, 16 & 20. my downfall
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
some of the highlighted points by the op are noting moare than infatuations trust me ave been there..If you want to experience real love try 1cor 13.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
some of the highlighted points by the op are noting more than infatuations, trust me ave been there..If you want to experience real love try 1cor 13.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by tony1980: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
You are absolutely correct,my dear.Too much of everything is bad.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Inca(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
Could it be better reffered to as OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I dont beleive its intentional but the victims just have to find a sweet distraction fast. Including moi.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nuzo':
Lol
I was once in a situation like this some while ago. All 20 points the Op listed. And that was the first and last time I tried falling in love. At a point in time I began feeling I was the problem.

I'm grateful to God it didn't end up in marriage. Cos I really loved her.
I wouldve been a very miserable man. grin

Lmao... Same here, bro. - I-20 with no chaser... She was like that for the first 2 years, then I caught the bug the last year of the miserable relationship... After breaking the shackles of that miserable relationship, I run as fast as I can every time she calls my phone, or tries to make me go on a date with her... Gatts apply wisdom!! grin

However, I still don't know if mine was "love" or just boredom and being too attached to the chic..

1 Like

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Chitexs250(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ijele-igbo:
When you love someone so much more than they love you, you set the stage for that person to reject you. It's like putting pressure on someone to eat even though he or she is not hungry, and then resenting his or her inability to respond enthusiastically.

Here are some signs that you've crossed the line between "loving" to "loving too much".

1. You felt empty and unloved before you met him or her, but now you feel even emptier and insecure.

2. You want to talk to him or her every few hours/see him or her every few days but unlike you, he or she is able to go for long periods of time without talking to you or seeing you -- and it doesn't seem to bother him or her.

3. Your thoughts and feelings keep bouncing from "he or she loves me so much" to "it's all over, he/she is not going to call."

4. Much of your day is consumed thinking of this special person and developing strategies of what you'll say or do (and when) to make him/her see that you are meant for each other etc.

5. He or she seems extraordinarily independent and this is driving you nuts. He or she even makes you feel you could have sex with someone else and it wouldn't matter.

6. One moment you find yourself unable to refrain yourself from telling him or her that he or she is unfair, selfish, insensitive, unmotivated, unpolished, boorish, depressed etc. and the next moment you are professing your love and desire for a committed relationship.

7. You live for his or her love -- and in moments of insecurity you try to squeeze out some words or actions that reassure you that he or she loves you and is there to stay -- although deep inside you know that putting pressure on him or her is the worst thing to do.

8. You feel like you are getting mixed signals from him or her (you probably are). One moment he or she is open and wants to be close and the next, his or her words and actions seem to say "I need my space' or "leave me alone".

9. You're are trying so badly to please him or her, and do things to show him or her that you are deeply in love, and in the process losing your spontaneity and "in the moment" demeanor to the point that you are becoming increasingly "too serious' and "overly sensitive'.

10. You want to (and actually do) talk about the relationship more than he or she wants to. And many of your talks about the relationship leave you feeling more insecure, unlovable and second-rate.

11. There is another man or woman in the picture -- and your man or woman can't seem to get him or herself to end the relationship with that other man or woman. You can see that he or she is genuinely conflicted because he or she loves the other person too -- or more!

12. Your assessment of where the relationship is at is different from his or hers -- and when you point this out, he or she says you are making him or her feel pressured for something he or she can't give or isn't ready for.

13. His or her life -- professional and social -- seems so full that there is not much room for you. Try as you do to get in, you always feel like the "outsider" and he or she is not doing much to include you.

14. The last time you tried to back away a little to gain more perspective on the relationship, you couldn't even pull that one through. You got so scared that a little distance might end the relationship completely.

15. You have sex with him or her because you think that that's what he or she wants, You hope and pray that the closeness of sex will bring the two of closer to each other -- but it only makes you feel used.

16. You are constantly rationalizing the negatives and straining to believe him or her, even when what he or she is saying defies simple common sense.

17. You are obsessed with trying to interpret, understand and clarify his or her every word and action. You are constantly searching for internet articles, asking friends and even strangers what they think -- does he or she love me or not?

18. He or she is in total control his or her feelings and of the relationship. You are the powerless clinger.

19. Your anxiety is on the high end -- you are really afraid that this relationship might end (and expecting it to) anytime really soon.

20. There is a part of you that just wants to end it all -- actually wants him or her to leave so that you can regain your lost power (feel normal again), yet you are frightened of that prospect too.

Loving too much is a relationship-killer!

Loving somebody so much more than they love you is the reason why many relationships end suddenly, abruptly and pain. You are left feeling shocked, betrayed and deeply hurt.

Interestingly, most men and women end the relationship with you, not because they no longer love you but because your compulsive "too much loving" is often experienced by the other person as engulfment, pressure and control -- IT IS.

And it's a big turn off!

http://www.torontosnumber1datedoctor.com/NEWSLETTER%20ARTICLES/men_women_fall_in_love_more.html

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by neksummi(m): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
Interesting post.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
I'm in a relationship like this...about 18points...but I can't leave and I don't want to leave...I just hope it will all change and work out..

1 Like

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Blesyn014(m): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Chitexs250:
must you post a comment *SMH*
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nnekacherry: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
Yea yea.. Too much of everything is bad..
People should learn how to apply caution..
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nnekacherry: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
BraideBraide: I'm in a relationship like this...about 18points...but I can't leave and I don't want to leave...I just hope it will all change and work out..

You dont want to leave because you love him too much..
Babe that relationship is unhealthy..
Very unhealthy..
I sugest you start thinking of what to do or how to balance it..
If not.. He will continue taking you for granted..
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by azariahm: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nuzo':
Lol

I was once in a situation like this some while ago. All 20 points the Op listed. And that was the first and last time I tried falling in love. At a point in time I began feeling I was the problem.

cryI Feel U.. It Hurts so much, like u hv a hole in ur heart
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by FXKing2012(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
KateSpade: 1, 16 & 20. my downfall
Sorry .
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Egbagirl(f): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
Love or obsession/foolishness? Is it possible to love too much? I don't think so. If you really did love the person, you wouldn't do or feel all of the above.

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Decryptor(m): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nuzo':
Lol

Me too. She seemed to reciprocate my feelings tho but i later found out that she was cheating. Had to back out though it was hard! Love is not ideal...it's over-rated!
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Lakayana: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
Love wan tin tin teenagers in our countryside called Nairaland continue we at viewing. We shall soon give our advice on how you should
go about loving from the grand masters.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by chinnyonwu(m): 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Op, gimme guage to measure who love passs for 2 of us.
BS
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
Egba girl: Love or obsession/foolishness? Is it possible to love too much? I don't think so. If you really did love the person, you wouldn't do or feel all of the above.

Hiya sis, are you sure?? 1-20 happened to me and I'm darn sure it wasn't obsession... It was a case of a long-time friend I never planned to go with, however I had to ask her out after smashing and she kept playing emotional blackmail on my psyche(that's my weak point and she knew that as well)...She continued the emotional blackmail thing on me for like 2 years cos I wasn't really interested in the darn relationship... and I also wasn't mentally ready for that type of relationship at the time... Anyway, cos she was nice girl - I ended up doing 1-20(in the opening post) in the last one year of the miserable relationship... till I got myself together and moved on...

Can you explain if mine was obsession, being to emotionally attached to the girl, or love I've been trying to figure that out for the last 2 yrs bu all to no avail... hence why I've also been running away from relationships... Because what happened in that relationship was so unlike me - it was so surreal that I thought she prob. used voodoo on me or something...

Thanks in advance...
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by MANOSUB(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nice post there Op. Its always good to take things slow n steady. I have experienced something like this before and i dnt regret bcus i learnth something out of it.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by mamiel: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
I tink al d signs d op mentioned are not necessarily pointers that one is a lone lover in dis game of two cos all his points, on d contrary, are actually a demonstration of how true love is played out. The issue,therefore is with d partner. So when u see all of these signs wh d op pointed out in u, it doesn't mean u are 'stupidly in love', rather it means ur partner is simply not intrested in u or d rshp. I tink Joan Johnson -whose romance writeups I hav been studying carefully- wld share d same opinion with me
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by moshoodn(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
TOOOOOO LONG...

NA WA O..
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by avalontony(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
Boring!!!!!!!!!
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by drealnamdy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Am guilty of almost all...and am stl guilty...want to really stop caring more n care less cos somtims I get sooo scared of loosin her...cos technically ..nuffin bothers her...Lord help me! cry embarassed I wanna stop caring n givin a crap about wat happens! And get my life togeda
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by nous(f): 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
mamiel: I tink al d signs d op mentioned are not necessarily pointers that one is a lone lover in dis game of two cos all his points, on d contrary, are actually a demonstration of how true love is played out. The issue,therefore is with d partner. So when u see all of these signs wh d op pointed out in u, it doesn't mean u are 'stupidly in love', rather it means ur partner is simply not intrested in u or d rshp. I tink Joan Johnson -whose romance writeups I hav been studying carefully- wld share d same opinion with me

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by christygenius(f): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ Op, its like u know exactly wat am going thru right now, infact all d signs u listed re wat am exhibiting.... It got an extent that i'll just delete his numbers and pix frm my phone to enable me reduce d amt of love i ve for him but its not working. And anytime he calls, i'll restore d number. I've even thought many atimes to just call him and end d relationship, bt each time i hear his voice, i'll just melt inside and forget everyting i want to say or d hurt am passing thru. I think am going crazy for dis guy, i just love him so much. May God help me oooo
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Abrantie: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
There's a saying, "The one who loves the least, controls the relationship".

So for if you want to have the upper hand in your relationship, appear to not give a shyt about it.

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Harmvirus(f): 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by zumarock8(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
so true.
Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nuzo1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Same here, bro. - I-20 with no chaser... She was like that for the first 2 years, then I caught the bug the last year of the miserable relationship... After breaking the shackles of that miserable relationship, I run as fast as I can every time she calls my phone, or tries to make me go on a date with her... Gatts apply wisdom!! grin

However, I still don't know if mine was "love" or just boredom and being too attached to the chic..

Ahhh...even 'tough' guys still be mugu to some chicks. grin

But seriously, be it love or boredom; the emotion is almost uncotrolable.
Sad part is that people in this situation still have a lot of chicks/guys who feel this way towards them. And yet, they don't give a hoot.

Its a vicious circle! sad

1 Like

Re: Signs To Show You Love Your Partner Too Much by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nuzo':

Ahhh...even 'tough' guys still be mugu to some chicks. grin

But seriously, be it love or boredom; the emotion is almost uncotrolable.
Sad part is that people in this situation still have a lot of chicks/guys who feel this way towards them. And yet, they don't give a hoot.

Its a vicious circle! sad

Bro., every tough guy has his weakness... Even superman had kryptonite... All I just wanted to do was beat an old chic that got away, but I ended up eating the forbidden fruit... Just be scared of quiet and intelligent chics esp. aries - they know how to work the ace on people who think they're invincible... This chic played me with emotional blackmail and tears for 2 yrs - and I didn't know she was studying my weakness by being a ride or die chic... Yo, she saw that she had the upper-hand - she fvcked me over...

Tupac's music and zoobie saved my life... Heck, I had to go see a counsellor a few times as well... I've learned my lessons, anyway... And I'm wary of chics now - and I know being carefree in relationships is suicidal... The man has to hold the ace at all times...

Hell yeah, it's a vicious cycle, bro... Don't ever get too attached to anyone, no matter how nice they're - you just have to keep a little distance and always look out for yourself first... Gatts apply wisdom... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spanish Fly / Pic Below: Name Something Women Do Better Than Men / How To Get A Girl Super Wet And Hot In Just 5 Minutes…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.