Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,316 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. (1116 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / My Funny Experience With Mother And Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by gentledove(f): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2013
I live with my mother in law. just got a job with a Telecommunication company and had to relocate to a different city. She makes life so miserable for me whenever my husby is not around. the moment my husband comes visiting, she becomes unnecessarily pleasant. I have told my husband severally of all she does but he seems not to believe me. I want to get my own accommodation, but husby wont agree. i am loosing it. Dont want to be rude to her. Please HELP!!!
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
grin
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pele oh!

Moderators please move to family section. Biko!
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imanuelle: grin
what is funny about that,@ op am sure your sanity is more important than your marriage.dont you have parents,go to them and talk to them about it,let them call a family meeting so that every one will know his or her boundary and respect themselves.issshhh
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by gentledove(f): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
Meeting? i dont think that will work. Maybe i will have to be a little bit disobedient to my husby first and relocate. cant cope anymore. My mum knows abt it all but she kept telling me 'remember the daughter of whom u are. Dont be rude to anyone. God will vindicate u'. oops.
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by Oohrhii(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
@Op You have your certificate already..

Try to earn it and stay..

Good luck..

Ile-Oko Ile-Eko

1 Like

Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by sunnyt1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
gentledove: Meeting? i dont think that will work. Maybe i will have to be a little bit disobedient to my husby first and relocate. cant cope anymore. My mum knows abt it all but she kept telling me 'remember the daughter of whom u are. Dont be rude to anyone. God will vindicate u'. oops.

Its obvious that u have a very gud background, pls keep it up, neva be disobedient to you MIL, it lies with u and ur husband. Make him understand hw unbearable it is.
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by gentledove(f): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ Sunny, Thanks a mill jare. it takes all my strenght not to misbehave. cry i tot there will be a short cut somehow but i guess i dont have any. thanks for d piece of advice.
Re: Living With Mother - In-law Is Like Burning In Hell. by omega25red(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
I live with my mother in law. just got a job with a Telecommunication company and had to relocate to a different city
Was it you who got a new job? or your husband? i didn't get that part.

What is an example of what she does to make life miserable for you? It is kinda obvious that your husband doesn't want you to get your own place because he worries that another man might find you lipsrsealed (the pink elephant in the room) which is why he want's his mom to keep an eye on you.

If you man is the person who moved to a different city, then hurry up and go join him. If you are the one who moved, how long will this arrangement last? have you discussed with your man about who will be moving? and who will be staying?

since you are there give an idea of what she does to you then maybe you can get ideas from the people on how to avoid those issues.

(1) (Reply)

Could These category of women be jealous? / Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence / OMG!! Can This Be True??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.