Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence (1112 Views)

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? / Why Are Women So Emotional? / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by etin06(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
What is emotional intelligence? The term is made up two words "emotional" and "intelligence".
The word "emotional" is an adjective which means something characterized by emotional or determined by emotional rather than reason. From the definition the big question is what is emotion?
Emotion is a person's internal state of being and involuntry physiological response to an object or a situation,based on or tied to physical state and sensory data
Intelligence is a noun which means capacity of mind especially to understand principles, truths, facts or meanings, acquire knowledge and apply it to practice,the ability to learn and comprehend.
Emotional intelligence is the ability for us to be able to make wise and informed decisions about our relationships or emotional life that is devoid of sentiments,biasness or prejudice.
We all need emotional intelligence to know when to call it quit in a relationship,to be able to choose the type of company we keep,to know certain things that cannot change about human beings( for those who have the idea to change their spouse)
For example i met a girl who have been dating a guy for 7yrs and she Claimed she doesn't have feeling for the guy anymore due to the emotional torture she under went in the guy's hand but she is afraid of quitting because she doesn't want to hurt the guy and ptobably herself as well. She said she cant marry the guy as it stands now what i see in this case is self deceit and postponing the evil day because that relationship is surely heading for the rocks.
Emotional intelligence opens out eyes to many things in a relationship that would have been blinded by love or lust under normal circumstances.
Emotional intelligence enables us to carefully study the behaviour and attitude of our partners and ascertain if such behaviour and attitude reflect the inner feelings of our partners or if they are mere circumstantial or chance factor. For simplicity sake behaviour is the way we do things while attitude is the way and manner in which we react to things
Emotional intelligence gives us guidelines on the type of people to enter into a relationship with and ensure that such relationship is not premised on self pity or material benefit or gains because any relationship built on these is surely heading for the rocks, as people in the legal profession we say you cannot build something on top of nothing and expect it to stand.

Watch out for the next topic: social intelligence

For more on the topic and the application of emotional intelligence on your relationship and counselling please whatsapp only 08136433541
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Op, pls the next one shld be Job Application Intelligence, really need to learn 'bout that...
Thanks
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by MizMyColi(f): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
In summary, being emotionally intelligent has to do with your ability to perceive, understand, express and regulate your emotions.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
MizMyColi: In summary, being emotionally intelligent has to do with your ability to perceive, understand, express and regulate your emotions.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by WackyJ1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
oya how does one get this emotional intelligence
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
WackyJ1: oya how does one get this emotional intelligence
By being emotionally intelligent tongue
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by shelter4luving(f): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
MizMyColi: In summary, being emotionally intelligent has to do with your ability to perceive, understand, express and regulate your emotions.
That's all

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by guente02(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
By being emotionally intelligent tongue
For your mind now you dey emotionally intelligent.
Isoryt
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by NiniArike(f): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
You just saved my time. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
guente02:
For your mind now you dey emotionally intelligent.
Isoryt
Eyaaah I was only trying to help a brother.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
Sparkyy easy o. Chai grin
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by guente02(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
Do you know the definition of help? - I doubt
Go back and check your input after getting the meaning of help straight.
Cheers
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by priscaoge(f): 12:56am On Aug 22, 2014
In a Nutshell grin. Thanks for saving me d stress

Did u root ur phone? I like ur fonts
Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by MizMyColi(f): 5:35am On Aug 22, 2014
priscaoge:
In a Nutshell grin. Thanks for saving me d stress

Did u root ur phone? I like ur fonts
No, I didn't. If you try quoting my posts, you'll see the font I used. And you're welcome sweets.smiley

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Emotional Intelligence by 2nex(m): 8:35am On Aug 22, 2014
ability to control ones mind

(1) (Reply)

Heartless And Adulterous Husband, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Husbands And Boyfriends: The Difference. / Why Wealthy Older Women Are Hiring Men In Kenya For Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.