Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance (37499 Views)

Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 / Wizkid - Azonto (Video) / Photos From Wizkid Azonto Freestyle Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by cold(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Much ado about nothing really. Next thing I know they'll be asking for royalties

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvM9mf8deo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by sKeetz(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
They shud chillax, ...nobody knew azonto untill Wizkid dropped that massive hit, Technically, we originated azonto

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
They are right to get mad at him to be factual!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Butoneday2(m): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
And so what? I knw his jealous becos since naija don enta dia own no dey sell like before. May be he's indirectly relocating to africa (GHANA) who knws?
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by EnOuGh90(m): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Make den go die nah.....
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by bigx(m): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
another "Oga at the top"
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by EzePromoe: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
I never knew Azonto until Wizkid sang it, before I heard it was from one Ghanaian, and i'm sure that's how the entire world got Azonto

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by onila(f): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
o'boy:
Whites and Asians are busy Inventing things and developing their countries
but Blacks Ghana and Nigeria(both third world countries) are busy fighting over who invented a sick dance step,God knows i hate that Dance
Smdh
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by yawkusi: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
Frostyzone: Azonto may have originated in Ghana, but it was perfected and repackaged in Nigeria.

Instead of perfecting and repacking someone else's invention why were you not creative enough to invent and popularize your own? As at now I have never heard of a famous Nigerian dance.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
yawkusi:

Instead of perfecting and repacking someone else's invention why were you not creative enough to invent and popularize your own?As at now I have never heard of a famous Nigerian dance.
Lol true
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by IleIfe2(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
When Apple dey sue Samsung, Honda dey compete with Toyota. These people dey vex over Azonto.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
The members of the Nairaland Ghanaian warriors association have not arrived yet? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by torgbe(m): 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2013
Azonto was way popular around the world b4 wizkid drop his azonto song.fuse odg,sarkodie etc performed with this dance around the world and it was made popular by Ghanaians,the dance was so popular even in the UK when nigerians didnt never heard of it.just give credit where it is due and stop hating

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by GP15: 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
yawkusi:

Instead of perfecting and repacking someone else's invention why were you not creative enough to invent and popularize your own? As at now I have never heard of a famous Nigerian dance.
. what of kurukere? What of Oliver twist dance
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by 1stola: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Ignorance, ego and a whole lot of crap. This is a minor thing. Why get angry?

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Emmy9ite(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
hornipipe: The members of the Nairaland Ghanaian warriors association have not arrived yet? undecided
I smell war bro. Its gonna be fierce! Lemme rush and get the patent right of the dance. I guess that will make me the real inventor of the dance.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by torgbe(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ile-Ife:
When Apple dey sue Samsung, Honda dey compete with Toyota. These people dey vex over Azonto.
i hope all these are 9ja companies abi?u could have said when bokoharam is busy bombing and politicians are seriously looting these people they vex.smh
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by LadyWinona: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
As much as I believe that there is an injustice somewhere, let's not lose sight of the fact that there exists some sort of symbiotic relationship between the two countries. Afterall, we made their actors and actresses popular via nollywood and our media outlets, we give them oil etc. I really don't understand all the animosity. By the way, this is Chris Brown we are talking about here, not Barack Obama, the one man who almost killed a woman while under the influence of drugs. Who gives a crap what he thinks? Let's get our priorities straightened out.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Airforce1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is a good news for our Naija artistz

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by torgbe(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Paul John: Ghanians don suffer from Nigerians no be small grin

Why dem sef go (locate) their tiny country close the giant

Thank God I'm not a ghanian tongue cool
Thank God i am not a nigerian too for me to be labelled as living in an open air asylum

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by abbeyty(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
azonto, the only invention that has ever come out of ghana and nigeria won claim it i can now understand why they are angry. i beg give credit to ghana 4 inventing azonto.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by playboy19(m): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
The funny thing about the whole Azonto thing is that, WizKid sang and made money from azonto before ghana artists even started cashing in on their own dance. I pity ghanians tho'

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Born2beRich1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
abbeyty: azonto, the only invention that has ever come out of ghana and nigeria won claim it i can now understand why they are angry. i beg give credit to ghana 4 inventing azonto.

Come to think of it, the moon walk was not invented by micheal jackson but was perfected by him thats why he is well known as the moon walker...so actually Chris brown didnt really make a mistake by saying its nigerian because nigeria perfected it and made it well known... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by zoboizee: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
Azonto,100% ghanaian dance. No pun, give it to whom it is due. Moreover, they dance it far better than us. Ghana fit near us for galala dance? Abeg, make una no joke o. Wizzy no package anything for the dance. Go watch im video now.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
Emmy9ite: I smell war bro. Its gonna be fierce! Lemme rush and get the patent right of the dance. I guess that will make me the real inventor of the dance.
LoL, of late otumfour and his fellow ghanaian's rarely come on here, I only see abrantie around.
Better get your patent right quickly before they stomp the thread grin
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Airforce1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Azonto,100% ghanaian dance. No pun, give it to whom it is due. Moreover, they dance it far better than us. Ghana fit near us for galala dance? Abeg, make una no joke o. Wizzy no package anything for the dance. Go watch im video now.

Trash!

U not even a Nigerian so shut the phuck up

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Koolking(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
Azonto (whether made popular by Nigerians or not) is an intellectual creative property of Ghana. Ghanaians deserve the credit not Nigerians. Let say things the way they are. CB is not in the know of the origin of azonto, or he is simply living in denial. For the fact that a Nigerian taught him how to dance azonto does not give credibility to Nigeria. CB goofs

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by torgbe(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
playboy19: The funny thing about the whole Azonto thing is that, WizKid sang and made money from azonto before ghana artists even started cashing in on their own dance. I pity ghanians tho'
u living in denial ryt?? A lil research could have saved u 4rm this trash

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by amlydave: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
I think Nigerians dance Azonto better than the Ghanians. Nigerians made the dance popular. Why didn't Chris Brown know of the dance until a Nigerian showed him? If Ghanians claim the dance came from them, why have they been shying away from it? Let them come up with a new dance and teach Chris Brown but as far as he (CB) and the world know, Azonto is ours. Up Naija !!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.