Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN (1209 Views)

Kaduna Youths Block Roads, Protest 10-month Power Outage / President Buhari Back To Nigeria After A 4-day Working Trip To India - Photos / Six-day Power-Outage Cripples Businesses In Ondo Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by MajorJ(m): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
PHCN announces 4-day power outage
LaGOS—MANAGEMENT of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, Eko Electricity Distribution Company, EDC, has announced a four-day power interruption in parts of Lagos for maintenance purposes.

The interruption, beginning Friday April 5 to Monday, April 8, will affect mostly Lekki Phase I, VGC, Maroko, Victoria Island, UPDC Estate, Chevron Estate, NICON Town Estate, Victoria Island and other adjoining areas.

The planned power outage, according to the management yesterday, was to enable it carry out major maintenance works on two 11kv feeders for the purpose of getting them ready for evacuation of power from the newly-installed 100MVA 132/33KV power transformer at Ajah Transmission Station and replacement of obsolete 11kv switch gears at Akoka injection sub-station.

Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs of the Company, Mr. Godwin Idemudia, in statement, said the work at Akoka would affect Akoka, Yaba, Sabo and environs.

At the completion of the maintenance and system upgrading work in the two stations, Mr. Idemudia said there will be tremendous improvement in electricity supply to all the affected areas.

He appealed to customers in the affected areas to bear with the company, adding that all inconveniences to be caused by the planned outage were regretted.

Source

1 Like

Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:24am On Apr 04, 2013
Going 2 buy fuel 4 gen
Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by Chanchit: 12:40am On Apr 04, 2013
Tnk God for me, e no reach my side. They can postpone it to 4mnths. grin
Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by Pygru: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by BrokenTV: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2013
Chanchit: Tnk God for me, e no reach my side. They can postpone it to 4mnths. grin
hahahaha to six month you wicked o.
Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by MajorJ(m): 1:57am On Apr 05, 2013
Still don't get why this didn't reach front page..
Re: 4 Day Power Outage In Lagos For Maintenance Purposes - PHCN by ochukoccna: 6:50am On Apr 05, 2013
MajorJ: Still don't get why this didn't reach front page..
Old story
We saw it on FP yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Led Niger Delta Volunteer Force Clashes With MEND / Please What Is The Viability Of Monetary Policy In Macro Economic Stabilization / Tim Newman - A White Man's Perspective Of The Rot In Nigeria And Of Its People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.