Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati (5126 Views)

Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property / Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff / Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 12:49am On Apr 04, 2013
Concerning the Fake “Bromide” of an alleged Presidential Directive

It is worth pointing out, again, that what is being bandied around by a section of the media as a “Presidential Directive” on Tinubu, APC and other matters, is fictitious, designed to mislead the public, discredit the person and office of President Goodluck Jonathan and cause disaffection within the polity. Careful examination reveals a mishmash of deliberately arranged and concocted lies, presented to the public as evidence of a document emanating from the Presidency.

This is not only dubious but raises concerns as to the length certain persons will go to perpetuate falsehood for the sake of their selfish ambitions.

Several interpretations of the purported Presidential directive appear to have been granted prominence by an all-too-negative segment of the media, supported by partisan political jobbers all on the premise of a suspicious-looking “bromide”.

The Presidency affirms that no such directive was ever conceived nor was any such directive put forth by President Goodluck Jonathan or his aides.

It is ironic that this is coming at a time, when the President is actively engaged in serious discussions with various interest groups on how to further deepen the democratic experience as well as the key issue of how to build an economically viable federation.

Nigerians should be wary of such tactic of old, one that seeks to undermine a current administration by creatively espousing imaginary fault lines, with the aid of fake documents to create doubt, fear and disbelief in the minds of citizens and true patriots. We unequivocally state that in this case, as in others that may follow the same path, the Goodluck Jonathan administration has no desire to create any inhibitions to the expression of democratic ideas in the country.

With regards to the imaginary ‘Presidential directive’ released to hoodwink the general public, the government is confident that the discerning public is well aware that this purported document is alien to how things are done within this Presidency.

The physical quality of the unsigned document published today in the Leadership newspaper, with jagged and irregular edges ( which make a mockery of both presidential correspondences and the quality of attention paid to sensitive issues and development-oriented policies of Government ) should signpost the level of desperation by those who seek to mislead the enlightened electorate of the Federal Republic.

The publication of this spurious document (which was to all intents and purposes hurriedly put together in a roadside business centre!) and the passing-off of same by some media entities should serve as an index on their credibility and sovereign interest. This government believes that the media – print and electronic – has a significant role to play in educating, enlightening and empowering the populace and will continue to support all organizations to do this even as it retains the discretion and responsibility to expose specific institutions that perpetuate falsehood on the sovereign.

The President remains committed to providing good governance to the nation, even in the face of the most uncharitable criticism by people desirous of a chaotic environment for them to thrive. This, we accept as part of a civil engagement between elected officials and the citizenry.

The public and our esteemed crop of journalists are humbly requested to be wary of lurking mischief makers who parade themselves under different garbs and push forth information that should best be ignored, or clarified in the best tradition of the journalism profession.

We reaffirm that the so-called “Bromide of the presidential directive” is false and inconsistent with the governance ethos of the present administration.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the President

April 3, 2013

http://newsdiaryonline.com/document-paraded-as-presidential-directive-against-apc-false-abati/

2 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Didi8: 1:41am On Apr 04, 2013
wetin man go talk?
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Idokojimmy: 4:30am On Apr 04, 2013
This goes to reveal the desperation of the opposition elements to assume power. Forging presideential document just to hoodwink people into believing that they are witch hunted.they must not be trusted. They are thieves. Bakare said it 2weeks ago, and they've proven him right

4 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by OurYansh: 4:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Idokojimmy: This goes to reveal the desperation of the opposition elements to assume power. Forging presideential document just to hoodwink people into believing that they are witch hunted.they must not be trusted. They are thieves. Bakare said it 2weeks ago, and they've proven him right

Are you a sensible??

So Leadership Newspaper = APC...abi??

Even though you're a PDP house-fly, try to apply common-sense.

Thank You..

angry

9 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by takedat(m): 6:55am On Apr 04, 2013
A media house published a fake presidency document with libellous intent claiming it emanated from the presidency, and all we get is a press release rehashing worn out innuendos with no detail of how government will take appropriate punitive action/prosecution, since forgery/falsification of government document is a crime against the state? What a Bunch of jesters!

19 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2013
take dat: A media house published a fake presidency document with libellous intent claiming it emanated from the presidency, and all we get is a press release rehashing worn out innuendos with no detail of how government will take appropriate punitive action/prosecution, since forgery/falsification of government document is a crime against the state? What a Bunch of jesters!
how many people FG go fit prosecute? A govt is elected to work not to prosecute every rubbish. Some r better settled wit such press release my friend.

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 8:38am On Apr 04, 2013
take dat: A media house published a fake presidency document with libellous intent claiming it emanated from the presidency, and all we get is a press release rehashing worn out innuendos with no detail of how government will take appropriate punitive action/prosecution, since forgery/falsification of government document is a crime against the state? What a Bunch of jesters!

It is unfortunate that some media practitioners are taking the liberal democratic atmosphere in the country for granted through a deliberate abuse of press freedom and the publication of false and malicious news items with the intent of causing confusion and ill feelings among the citizenry. This is irresponsible, unprofessional and definitely subversive.” ... Doyin Okupe

The bold part is the key word here, If the President should tow the path of your line of argument, the same media will term such action as 'reminiscence of the dark age of military dictatorship' and 'the re-introduction of despotism in our body politic by the administration'.

In my opinion, there is no need for punitive action/prosecution, the damage will be more felt by Leadership News, than the government, as it clearly exposes the quality of the composition of the editorial board, and putting to question the integrity of great opinion moulders like Sam Nda-Isaiah, Publisher of Leadership Newspapers and Azubuike Ishiekwene, a former Editor and Director of operation at Punch but now Managing Director of Leadership News.

2 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by takedat(m): 9:01am On Apr 04, 2013
Maxymilliano:

It is unfortunate that some media practitioners are taking the liberal democratic atmosphere in the country for granted through a deliberate abuse of press freedom and the publication of false and malicious news items with the intent of causing confusion and ill feelings among the citizenry. This is irresponsible, unprofessional and definitely subversive.” ... Doyin Okupe

The bold part is the key word here, If the President should tow the path of your line of argument, the same media will term such action as 'reminiscence of the dark age of military dictatorship' and 'the re-introduction of despotism in our body politic by the administration'.

In my opinion, there is no need for punitive action/prosecution, the damage will be more felt by Leadership News, than the government, as it clearly exposes the quality of the composition of the editorial board, and putting to question the integrity of great opinion moulders like Sam Nda-Isaiah, Publisher of Leadership Newspapers and Azubuike Ishiekwene, a former Editor and Director of operation at Punch but now Managing Director of Leadership News.
Bro, publishing a fake government document is an act of criminality. Creating a liberal democratic atmosphere does not mean flagrant abuse of press freedom should be overlooked. Apart from taking bold legal action against the management of Leadership to serve as deterrent to others, it is also a must that government be seen as an enforcer of the law cos' forgery/libel is a criminal act except government itself knows where the document originated from!

10 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by OurYansh: 9:09am On Apr 04, 2013
take dat: Bro, it is a criminal offence to publish fake government document. Creating a liberal democratic atmosphere does not mean flagrant abuse of press freedom should be overlooked. Apart from taking bold action against the management of Leadership to serve as deterrent to others, it is also a must that government be seen as an enforcer of the law cos' forgery/libel is a criminal act except government itself is complicit!

What do you expect from a clueless Govt. If truly Leadership Newspaper FORGED the document as alleged, then we should expect legal action from the govt. Except of course they're COWARDS.

Tell me how such Cowards can prosecute Boko Haram sponsors, Pension and subsidy thieves etc..

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2013
So I challenge the leadership newspapers to publish another one to be vindicated. That is what I term Journalism at its Best!
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 04, 2013
I'm not a fan of the current administration, but I suspected something fishy in that directive immediately I read it.

Not even knowing that Nda-Isaiah (LEADERSHIP's publisher) has insider within presidency made me give it benefit of doubt.

It is too direct IMO. I don't expect presidency to put such in formal directive, or writing at all.

The content are what can be discussed within presidential inner circle or scribbled in some piece of paper, but a formal directive like that, that's too fish-brainy. Things have not gone that bad for the president and his handlers.

3 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2013
We already knows that it is as fake as APC and Tinubu. No sensible Nigerian will believe that shit, this goes to show how desperate the opposition is to grab power but it aint happening

4 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 04, 2013
It could also be that somebody pulled a fast one on LEADERSHIP.

The paper's publisher, Sam Nda-Isaiah is one of GEJ's fieriest critics.

He has also divulged some very critical Aso Rock secrets in the past. In fact, el-Rufai mentioned him in his book, TAPS, that he reported the next day a highly confidential discussion he and other top members of FEC had in secrecy on Obj's third term in 2005.

So I wont be surprised if they got to know his mole in Aso Rock and deceived the fellow by deliberately making him come across what they intentionally fabricated(that fake PD), knowing full well he would 'divulge' to LEADERSHIP. So as to embarrass the paper. And both the guy and LEADERSHIP fell for it.

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by yuzedo: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2013
Obviously!

Not to say The Presidency has lost its status as Villains Supremo though. undecided
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by egift(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2013
Keneking: So I challenge the leadership newspapers to publish another one to be vindicated. That is what I term Journalism at its Best!

Hell No. The burden is on the Coward administration to take serious legal action against Leadership Newspaper if it believes the publication is False.

When can this people stop pardoning bear-faced criminality and enforce law and order? Clueless Jona.

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2013
After they failed to secure Amnesty funds for Boko Haram - their militant arm, which actually was their expected source of funding for 2015 election campaigns, they are now running from pillars to posts finding what to accuse the Presidency of. Political Teenagers!

2 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 04, 2013
Jarus: I'm not a fan of the current administration, but I suspected something fishy in that directive.

Not even knowing that Nda-Isaiah (LEADERSHIP's publisher) has insider within presidency made me give it benefit of doubt.

It is too direct IMO. I don't expect presidency to put such in formal directive, or writing at all.

The content are what can be discussed within presidential inner circle or scribbled in some piece of paper, but a formal directive like that, that's too fish-brainy. Things have not gone that bad for the president and his handlers.

Before "raising head above the parapet" by drawing attention to that document yesterday, I also had those same concerns cheesy

It was only after reflecting on the manner other Presidential directives had been issued with reckless abandon in the past - think about the UNILAG name change, for instance - that I felt Leadership's "scoop" required a wider audience.

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2013
Leadership going for broke...

We stand by our story - LEADERSHIP

The management of LEADERSHIP said last night that it stood by its story. It said its source was credible and had been over the years.

“It is interesting that the presidency had, within 24 hours, moved from calling the story fiction to labelling it forgery.

That has not changed the fact by which we stand,” the management said

When LEADERSHIP broke the story on Tuesday about the presidential directive seeking to frustrate the merger of the opposition parties into the All Progressives Congress, APC, some opposition parties comprising the Action Congress of Nigeria ACN, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) had on Wednesday criticised the directive.

The ACN and the ANPP maintained that no amount of presidential directives would stop the opposition parties from forming a credible alternative that would challenge the ruling PDP in 2015.

Some organised labour and civil societies groups including the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and PENGASSAN also reacted against the proposed hike of petrol prices between N130 and N140 in the directive, insisting that the Labour would not tolerate any price hike.

PENGASSAN also raised the alarm over the consequences of unilateral hike of petrol prices, saying that the federal government must engage all stakeholders before an holistic could be taken to remove fuel subsidy.

Source
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by 1shortblackboy: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

What do you expect from a clueless Govt. If truly Leadership Newspaper FORGED the document as alleged, then we should expect legal action from the govt. Except of course they're COWARDS.

Tell me how such Cowards can prosecute Boko Haram sponsors, Pension and subsidy thieves etc..

cheesy
my friend so u don't know that several people implicated in d subsidy scam are facing trial as well as those involved in d pension scam. U don't follow local news or u just prefer to believe the worst abt d government

2 Likes

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by doctokwus: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2013
On first glance,dat document looks as fake as fake can b,and evn those of us who feel d GEJ presidency is a joke& collective mistake of gangantual proportions cud not help but dismiss d document.But having taken some days to reflect on it& d boldness with whc Leadership published it wt its clearly suspicious contents,& looking at d pedestrian nature of d GEJ presidency,I begin to wonder if there isn't more to that document than all dis heated denial,denials of which av never bn dis fast& robust,not just frm Okupe,but Abati this time.Makes one wonder

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by anonimi: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2013
1 shortblackboy: my friend so u don't know that several people implicated in d subsidy scam are facing trial as well as those involved in d pension scam. U don't follow local news or u just prefer to believe the worst abt d government

And that preference is limited to the federal government, more specifically to the executive arm as no one bothers about the non-performing legislaTHIEF arm.
And no scrutiny for state legislators and LG chairmen and councillors too.
I guess Jonathan must do all while evry other elected officer gets a free pass to do nothing and get promoted to the next level of incompetence.
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by taharqa: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2013
take dat: Bro, publishing a fake government document is an act of criminality. Creating a liberal democratic atmosphere does not mean flagrant abuse of press freedom should be overlooked. Apart from taking bold legal action against the management of Leadership to serve as deterrent to others, it is also a must that government be seen as an enforcer of the law cos' forgery/libel is a criminal act except government itself is complicit!
What d helll are you talking about?? Govt complicit in d Forging of d document that was designd to damage it? Come on!!!.... Lets try to be fair and truthful in our analysis of issues, and straight forward too instead of trying to divert d crux of d issue with irrelant points. Haba!!

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by israel007: 10:38am On Apr 04, 2013
Don't worry abati we know
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by taharqa: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2013
doctokwus: On first glance,dat document looks as fake as fake can b,and evn those of us who feel d GEJ presidency is a joke& collective mistake of gangantua proportions cud not help but dismiss d document.But having taken some days to reflect on it& d boldness with whc Leadership published it wt its clearly suspicious contents,& looking at d pedestrian nature of d GEJ presidency,I begin to wonder if there isn't more to that document that all dis heated denial,denials of which av never bn dis fast& robust,not just frm Okupe,but Abati this time.Makes one wonder
You are a complete FOOOL, my frnd; and a SHAMELESS one at that. Just read what you wrote again, and see if it mks any bit of sense. Una no dey Shame?? You IJIOTS bliv that you can remove an Admin by employing massive PROPAGANDA against d Govt, and when caught pants down, try to divert attentn again by rehearsing FAILED lines which was always part of d PROPAGANDA that you guys hv bn spurning yrselves... FOOOLS

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by taharqa: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2013
doctokwus: On first glance,dat document looks as fake as fake can b,and evn those of us who feel d GEJ presidency is a joke& collective mistake of gangantua proportions cud not help but dismiss d document.But having taken some days to reflect on it& d boldness with whc Leadership published it wt its clearly suspicious contents,& looking at d pedestrian nature of d GEJ presidency,I begin to wonder if there isn't more to that document that all dis heated denial,denials of which av never bn dis fast& robust,not just frm Okupe,but Abati this time.Makes one wonder
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by Symphony007: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2013
Seriously, nigerian journalists are amateurs. Everything now goes in the country. Anybody can make any factually wrong statement without any journalistic push back. Any document can surface and their is no indebt reporting how it came about, if it was a setup, whatever! Everything just goes. And all we see on dailies are ghastly headlines,"jonathan is stupid-el-rufia".

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by taharqa: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2013
anonimi:

And that preference is limited to the federal government, more specifically to the executive arm as no one bothers about the non-performing legislaTHIEF arm.
And no scrutiny for state legislators and LG chairmen and councillors too.
I guess Jonathan must do all while evry other elected officer gets a free pass to do nothing and get promoted to the next level of incompetence.
Cos the GAME has only been about GEJ and d man's SEAT. The criticisms were NEVER for the Progress of d nation But a well calculatd attempt by a Group of Power Mongers to acquire d PRESIDENCY by every means possible. The media in Nigeria hv bn largely taken ova by these Power Mongers, who do not even pretend to write about Development stories that wud help REAL people (even if it embarasses d Govt like that Brave Documentary by Channels TV on Police college), but wud spend time on Stories COOKED UP within these media houses with dubious 'credibility' ascribed to sm ANONYMOUS and FACELESS 'SOURCES'. And ALL these PROPAGANDA is directd at one man alone cos d purpose of d campaign was always to get his SEAT, period..... The employment of d use of MASSIVE PROPAGANDA forms a core part of d weapons which wud be usd by those who PROMISED to mk The President's Admin UNGOVERNABLE (ie create that IMPRESSION), just as d hijacking of d BH crisis is. IT WUD NEVER WORK

1 Like

Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by takedat(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2013
taharqa: What d helll are you talking about?? Govt complicit in d Forging of d document that was designd to damage it? Come on!!!.... Lets try to be fair and truthful in our analysis of issues, and straight forward too instead of trying to divert d crux of d issue with irrelant points. Haba!!
How i have I diverted the crux of the issue? Is it by asking why government hav not taken any lawful action to see that those involved in the forgery are prosecuted? I used the word complicit cos' governments foot dragging on this issue can also deduced to mean it is aware of where the fake document originated from! I suppose you are the one who is not fair in his analysis!
Re: Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati by doctokwus: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2013
taharqa: You are a complete FOOOL, my frnd; and a SHAMELESS one at that. Just read what you wrote again, and see if it mks any bit of sense. Una no dey Shame?? You IJIOTS bliv that you can remove an Admin by employing massive PROPAGANDA against d Govt, and when caught pants down, try to divert attentn again by rehearsing FAILED lines which was always part of d PROPAGANDA that you guys hv bn spurning yrselves... FOOOLS
What av I sed now that qualifies me for such venom from u.Evn before u woke up to read dis document,I was amongts d very first to condemn it in an earlier thread.I am simply saying,much as d document looks too ordinary to emanante frm d presidency,that in a GEJ presidency dat gives national award 2persons alredy given such,that duplicates presidential pardons,dat pardons a child gay molester,renames a university without going thru d statutory consultative process,u cannot completely rule out d possibilty,evn though remote,dat such an unpresidential document cud emanate from its offices.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Seen The Embarrassing Video Of GEJ With that BBC Journalist? / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan / New Year: Sanwo-Olu Urges Nigerians To Enter 2021 With Rekindled Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.