Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

On Demonic Afflictions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Demonic Afflictions (12716 Views)

Scriptures Expounded:Brethren In The World Also Suffer Afflictions-1Peter5:8-10 / Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Demonic Afflictions by 50calibre(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100: "Demonic afflictions" are just words made up by the ignorant to describe a medical condition that they haven't a clue about. Because a doctor can't diagnose/cure a disease doesn't mean it's caused by demons - medical science has never claimed to know everything and death and disease are inevitabilities of life.

The only reason why "demons" are so rampant in Nigeria is because religion prospers when people are afraid and the church coffers grow fat. The myth is continually being spread by ruthless "men of God" and is hungrily being lapped up by gullible Nigerians.

If the health service in Nigeria was better and doctors were more able to diagnose and treat, then all this nonsense about demonic afflictions and all the other types of superstitious garbage would've been a thing of the past.

To a large extent, you make a good point. Doctors (especially in Nigeria) tend to attribute an illness they can't diagnose to some sort of demonic affliction but if for one second you think demonic or evil spirits don't exist or possess people, then you haven't seen much.

It's not only in Nigeria that there is a belief in the supernatural. There is something called exorcism, it is officially recognised in many advanced countries, even the Vatican has a few exorcists who exorcises demonised or possessed people. There are haunted houses and other mysterious happenings that can't be explained by science.

Don't dismiss the existence of the supernatural because it very much exists whether or not you choose to believe it and if you really want to prove to yourself for certain, I challenge you to put your belief to the test, go into a mystic book store and buy voodoo or 7 Books of Moses or any other mystic book or you could even buy an ouija board game, play it and then come back, lets discuss.

4 Likes

Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
Believe in Christ Jesus in faith and truth and neither of them would exist in your dictionary cool cool

@OP is always threading a delicate line... watch your sanity cheesy.

50calibre:

To a large extent, you make a good point. Doctors (especially in Nigeria) tend to attribute an illness they can't diagnose to some sort of demonic affliction but if for one second you think demonic or evil spirits don't exist or possess people, then you haven't seen much.

It's not only in Nigeria that there is a belief in the supernatural. There is something called exorcism, it is officially recognised in many advanced countries, even the Vatican has a few exorcists who exorcises demonised or possessed people. There are haunted houses and other mysterious happenings that can't be explained by science.

Don't dismiss the existence of the supernatural because it very much exists whether or not you choose to believe it and if you really want to prove to yourself for certain, I challenge you to go into a mystic book store and buy voodoo or 7 Books of Moses or any other mystic book or you could even buy an ouija board game, play it and then come back, lets discuss.

Real balance cool cool
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by jeezybuck: 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
THIS THREAD ITSELF IS DEMONIC. *picks race
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by dulphines: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lanrefahm: another question, we all know GOD is the one charge of all things dat angels cant do what he does and is very powerful my question is this, u claim dat jesus is GOD and he died 4 three days so whenhe died 4 three days who was in charge

Both him and our Father in Heaven and the Holy Spirit were in-charge every step of the way.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by FXKing2012(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
carr96:

Please don't go there! Learn to have manners ok?

U knw nothing about me + there's a difference between "learning" and "practising"

You need deliverance dear.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
cyrexx: ^^
Reygie, the new Anony. You have mastered how to dodge artfully. Where did you get your idea/belief that demons cause those things, if not from the bible.
Lol. This man sef! But I never held the idea you're attributing to me in the first place.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by GalaxyNoteII: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
. . . . Yes, just like the disease that led you to create this thread.

SMH. . . .why are we reverting back to medieval times? cry
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by GalaxyNoteII: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Awww, this is even Muskeeto's thread.

I take back my jab. tongue
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by flexeey: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
can HIV be caused by witches and wizards
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by FXKing2012(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
flexeey: can HIV be caused by witches and wizards
Do you have HIV?.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
50calibre:

Don't dismiss the existence of the supernatural because it very much exists whether or not you choose to believe it and if you really want to prove to yourself for certain, I challenge you to put your belief to the test, go into a mystic book store and buy voodoo or 7 Books of Moses or any other mystic book or you could even buy an ouija board game, play it and then come back, lets discuss.

Negro Puleeeeze!!!

Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
flexeey: can HIV be caused by witches and wizards
Yes, when they suck your blood and put on another person's body. Hahahaha Its a joke, there is nothing like witches and wizards, but we do have ethereal energy beings that can be very annoying and destructive a times. Ghosts and demons are just few of the low vibration energy beings.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nwogbe: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lanrefahm: another question, we all know GOD is the one charge of all things dat angels cant do what he does and is very powerful my question is this, u claim dat jesus is GOD and he died 4 three days so whenhe died 4 three days who was in charge
Looking forward to get a clear answer to this question, especially for those who believe in the so called "trinity" because, d father, son and holy spirit were all dead for three days. So, who was incharge??
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Fredique(m): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Even headache can be caused by evil spirits, how much more neurological illnesses. But that's not to say that there aren't physical causes.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by 50calibre(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

Negro Puleeeeze!!!

What does that mean, are you deficient?
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Fatigue yes but others... are you mad?
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by 50calibre(m): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
Olodostein: Believe in Christ Jesus in faith and truth and neither of them would exist in your dictionary cool cool

@OP is always threading a delicate line... watch your sanity cheesy.

Real balance cool cool

Wait! Are you trying to preach to me about Jesus Christ? Because even Jesus himself casted out a legion of demons from a man and they went into a swine ( herd of pigs) so I don't understand your point.
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
50calibre:

What does that mean, are you deficient?

It means you are full of hot stinking pile of horse shiit.

Have you ever played a Ouija game before?! - NO!

Have you ever seen a Ouija Board before?! - NO!

Have you ever seen the 6th & 7th books of Moses before?! - NO!!

Do you know anyone who owns this book or board game?! - NO!!

What do you know about Voodooism?! - I bet nothing.

Have you ever visited or been involved in Voodoo worshipping?! - NO!

YET!!! You talk with so much authority like you had personally experienced these things.

Typical Nigga attitude.. angry

1 Like

Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
musKeeto: Do you belive any form of neurological disease can be caused by demons/evil spirits?

Is there any way to tell if a stroke for example is caused by a demonic attack or fatigue?

no.
not at all. these so called demons are the result of our conscience
and natural awareness/fear of evil deeds but not being able to accept accountability.

A stroke is the result of physical stress. Not demons. tongue
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by okemmadu(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Another question: Can sickness be healed by having faith in the Word of God?

In fact, Can the Word of God produce any significant effect?
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin: A stroke is THE result of physical stress. Not demons. tongue
Madam, I hail o!

1 Like

Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

It means you are full of hot stinking pile of horse shiit.

Have you ever played a Ouija game before?! - NO!

Have you ever seen a Ouija Board before?! - NO!

Have you ever seen the 6th & 7th books of Moses before?! - NO!!

Do you know anyone who owns this book or board game?! - NO!!

What do you know about Voodooism?! - I bet nothing.

Have you ever visited or been involved in Voodoo worshipping?! - NO!

YET!!! You talk with so much authority like you had personally experienced these things.

Typical Nigga attitude.. angry

damn...
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Madam, I hail o!

cool cool
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
. . . . Yes, just like the disease that led you to create this thread.

SMH. . . .why are we reverting back to medieval times? cry

Galaxy.Note.II:
Awww, this is even Muskeeto's thread.

I take back my jab. tongue

grin grin
Re: On Demonic Afflictions by FutureDon(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
As a Neuroscientist, I strongly assert that religion has no place in science. Further, the aspect of neuroscience concerned with brain activities and religious practices (Neurotheology) is somewhat confused about its subject matter.

However, I think it depends on individual's religious and cultural beliefs. For instance, you would hardly see an nonreligious 'oyinbo' attributing the cause of his/her neurological illness to a demonic attack.

In conclusion, religion (religious activities) is sorrowfully exaggerated in our dear country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action? / Best Of The Best Of Gospel Reggae Music For Spiritual Upliftment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.