Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor (13646 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Xfactoria: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hmm...if this amnesty scales through, we'll be in for a long thing!

It will soon get to that time when all armed robbers will form a clique and unleash mayhem on the masses (and I bet they have all the machines and magazines to do this) to demand amnesty for their members in jail. They can argue that economic hardship (since we are now blaming poverty for Boko Haram's stupidity) led them into armed robbery and they would be justified once they have organized advocacy. At that time, we will all know what we are up against.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dbride: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007: The good for nothing CAN president is out of hibernation. cheesy
I missed his irresponsible comments.

Anything idea that will bring peace to the country is welcome.

I have said it several times, any iddiot that won't provide an alternative solution order than amnesty to boko haram crisis should shut the fvck up.

^^^^Anything that will bring peace to the country is welcome^^^^. Very naive, very very naive. You dine with the devil hoping to find peace, peace will elude you because the devil is trouble by nature and cannot give you peace.

Who are the boko haram members? Can you identify them? Who then collects this "amnesty" booty? I hate when people allow tribal sentiments influence their judgment because they fail to see the flaws in their argument thereby sound empty.

As we speak, they are yet to show face which should have been the first step of dialogue b4 the word AMNESTY. Northern leaders, including Turai, are asking for amnesty for the people they claim not to know.

Haba, ina ampani kariya? Kwo tsune zasu tsaya musu ne? Ina anayin haka? Wadansu kam sun harbe kainsu a kafa!!!! Waiyo, allah ya taimake su.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by BabyLi: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
I am backing d Pastor on this one. Giving them amnesty now makes no sense at all. What exactly are they fighting for. They are very selfish and wicked Bunch. There is need 4 serious dialogue between whoever is their leader & d governmen b4 any further action can be taken.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Youem: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
Amnesty or not, let the killing stop first.
Use of military force has failed woefully with both JTF and BH killing themselves and other innocent souls.
At least bombing of churches has stopped (immediately after Azazi as NSA)
May Almighty ALLAH bring lasting peace to Nigeria, ameen.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by InHim4Him(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
All those clamoring for amnesty because they think there is no alternative are people who are either directly or indirectly benefiting from these crimes. These are mostly politicians and their cronies. Wickedness and all forms of sin is a reproach to any people. All those who think forgiveness should just be thrown around should realize that, that is why many will end up in hell because they never asked for, nor made efforts in receiving the forgiveness that God graciously gave man. People need to understand the full import of the word FORGIVENESS. The President should not succumb to this trap and snare. The cost both for him and for the nation will be too high. And those he thought were counselors would have a field day laughing him to scorn.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by mu2sa2: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
clip: Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a country to solve this problem?
Let us provide alternative solution.
Contributions needed.
The alternative of violence is peace. Offer of amnesty is most sensible in the present circumstance, because military approach has failed and infact is creating more problems, not with the killing of innocent people by both boko haram and JTF.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dbride: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007:

O.k Mr.Smart!Can you please provide us with a reasonable solution?

Gamji007, you keep asking everybody to provide another solution outside amnesty. Now I ask you, did boko haram ask for amnesty? As far as we know, they are faceless. All we hear is your northern leaders asking for amnesty on behalf of boko haram. This is pure cowardise and deceit walking together!

Gamji007, unless you want to tell me that boko haram has KIDNAPPED NIGERIA and are now asking for ransom in the form of amnesty through their "non violent" but deceitful partners. Yeah, this is kidnapping on a higher dimension!!! Some of these northern leaders know these people and they are one with them! God is exposing them and they are hiding their shame behind AMNESTY. The picture is blurred now but will clear up with time. I am positive.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Wisetalk1: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2013

I have said it several times, any iddiot that won't provide an alternative solution order than amnesty to boko haram crisis should shut the fvck up.

Why are you talking like a good for nothing fool? Do you really think that granting amnesty to some bloody northern bastards will bring peace? You are one of the cowards who think that if u cannot win them, then, you have to join them. I have been advocating for Jonathan as the president of Nigeria, but right now, I think he has taken the worst decision so far. I'm really disappointed.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Orblonde: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
MASSOB, OPC etc, Oya!!! If you want buckets of money for the rest of your lives you know what you can do to get it. Now do we see why this amnesty thing is rubbish. So why did they not arrest their known sponsors. Seems like they did not want to really end this an if GJ thinks that it will make the north support him then he is naive. Nigeria is doomed if you really think about it without sentiment
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Irritant: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
Make jafor easy o....make boko boys nor go blow up him church for delta o... grin grin
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Cityguy: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007:

O.K grand pa! Can you please tell us the justice that was done to the victims of ND millitancy when amnesty was granted to the millitants?

Can you also please advice on a possible solution to boko haram crisis?

Why not tell us those victims of ND militancy and lets balance the scale with those of NH terrorism.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Ogadtop(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
clip: Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a country to solve this problem?
Contributions needed.
the government is bias.what has happened to those apprehended by the police? any legal action against them? what solution do u wamt us to provide that will work?
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dollydolly(f): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2013
luvinhubby:
And can you have peace without JUSTICE. Grow up!!
My broda tnx 4 reminding him dat dia is no peace in a land where innocent blood keeps crying 4 justice.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
clip: Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a acountry to solve this problem?
Contributions needed.
A Sovereign National Conference of all ethnic nationalities is a possible and the best solution
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dbride: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007:

Nice suggestion. But the problem here is boko haram has many faces. How do you know which target to hit? I also think the millitary are aware of so many strategies,yours inclusive. its either the strategies are not working or the govt is not being sincere in the issue. But still, amnesty deal should be considered since every other option has failed. Amnesty may or may not be the solution, but its worth a try in the absence of any known solution.

Gamji007, you want to sound not really for amnesty but you are really for it. You too have many faces. You confirm that boko haram has many faces and therefore difficult to know which target to hit.

By the same standard, which face will get amnesty and which will continue in blood letting Please read your comment above carefully again and again. It is a tricky situation. Bombing, as we speak, is still on going in Iraq. These people are devil's incarnate and the devil is trouble personified. AMNESTY WILL NEVER BRING PEACE. Boko Haram has a different agenda so do not try to waste our resources in the name of amnesty. They need more money to finance their evil agenda. They know it, they are not showing face but dont mind when the northern leaders suggest amnesty.
Yes, we talk like natural men that we are.

Spiritually, I have one word and I am very confident: God has plans for this nation, whether as one or divided I dont know, all good and bad are now working as vessels in His Hands to achieve that plan. There are vessels unto honour and vessels unto dishonour. I wait fearlessly but confidently on Him who sees, knows and understands all things especially as so many deeds, words and actions of leaders and the led are so so abnormal, beyond comprehension.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by FOLLEY20(m): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2013

Look, u have to be careful & mind ur speech against d anointed man so as not to face d wrath of God.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by IbroYaya: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
oshyno: Granting amnesty to BH is to say the least despicable and a slap on the victims. The whole killing is about politics and granting them amnesty is like GEJ telling the Notherners I surrender to ur pressure plzz 4give me and allow me do anoda term. Y hasnt he declared state of emergency on dat state. Put in a military administrator n watch hw oda states will wake up to their slumber or are they nt collecting security vote. What do they use it for. Nobody knows a state more than d governors. The governors hv traditional rulers who leave amongst these terrorists.

Me think GEJ shud use iron fist on dis mofos. Make d state a leaving hell if d governors dont want t help. Grow some balls Gej. Grow some balls. Deal with dis North n dia born t rule attitude or we will keep seeing dis weneva d table turns against dem.

1000likes

Until GEJ tries all these possible options, he has no business granting anmesty to these blood suckers!! Is a big slap on the victims.
Since he is doing that for politcal reason, I think it would have been better for him considering resignation first before anmesty.
Granting anmesty to this terror group will only worsen the situation, cos it cannot make them change them their believe or ideology.
GEJ should just take bold step and bring their sponsors to book no matter how highly placed they are in the society. He should increase the level of intelligence gathering and ground suppor operations by JTF.
By the time activities are brought to stand still and their sympathisers are fed up, they will have no option than cooperate with government and bring them out. The heat has started affecting them that's why they are all clamouring for anmesty. They should not get this anmesty cheap.
The northern leaders should come out strongly and condemn the activities of these terrorist, until then anmesty should not even be thought of. This is the sacrifice they should consider first for peace, not anmesty!!!

This is what GEJ needs to do!!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007:

Nice suggestion. But the problem here is boko haram has many faces. How do you know which target to hit? I also think the millitary are aware of so many strategies,yours inclusive. its either the strategies are not working or the govt is not being sincere in the issue. But still, amnesty deal should be considered since every other option has failed. Amnesty may or may not be the solution, but its worth a try in the absence of any known solution.
U hv rightly admitted that BH ar faceless, why then do u support amnesty for a faceless group? SMH
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dbride: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Chubhie: Am in support of total crushing of boko. But when you look at how the state released over 900billion to fight this and up till now boko is still getting deadlier while the state still millions daily keeping soliders on the street. As a wise investor, what would you have done after taking stock of all that have happened so far and bearing in mind how many innocent souls have been lost in the process. Am also of the view that some interests still want the carnarge to continue cos dem are profit from it.

Boko Haram has an agenda. They have not asked for amnesty or did you hear that they showed face to make that request? Why are they hiding their identity? These northerners have a deadly agenda. God knows it and is hardening their hearts like pharoah and they will be consumed soon.

They are slowly but unconciously putting themselves in that position where division will be the only way out. God does not allow things to happen for no reason. All powers belong to Him. Satan used the evil men to kill Jesus, God allowed it, we are better for it!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by tantita(m): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
As my younger sister wld sy gej is half man half jackass..i wait for dt amnesty dy so i cn blow ol dos low life n dt shoeless president to nxt leap year....who's wit me!?..anybody?..anybody? ..ah forget it!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by PastorOla1: 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
IF THIS AMNESTY WILL BRING PEACE, ME I SUPPORT O!

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by rhymz(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
This one singular action by the Jonathan government will catastrophically undo the steady and visible progress they have achieved.
Right now, I am realy mad at Northern political leaders and clerics, their actions and dispostion have largely been one of convenient silence and hypocritical commentaries that seek to empathize with this murderous sect and erase the facts that the nefarious activities of these terrorists have largely been the one of gruesome murders, calculated and deliberate mass murders of majorly people from a particular religion and tribe.
It is so annoying to hear this insensitive bunch talk about the government forgiving them (people who clearly do not give a damn about government's forgiveness) without making any effort to even empathize or showing caution with the annoying way they gleefully put pressure on Jonathan not to bring justice to their murderous.
How many times have these same Northern leaders come out with thesame alacrity and pressure to talk to these murderers to stop their dastard acts again people whose religion and tribes are different from theirs. Where was their courage to condemn the recent Kano bus park bombing, the Kano state governor did not even deem it fit to visit the site of the incident or the hospitals where the victims laid half dead and maimed until 2days after. Would he have done thesame if the victims were hausa?
I don't hear them talk about what will happen to the victimized families instead they show selective empathy when their people are the victims like Sanusi hypocritically did to Kano victims forgeting that an earlier tragedy of almost thesame scale against christian churches had happened in Abuja with nobody doing anything to the victims and survivals of that blast.
Now see how fast they are in putting pressure on Jonathan to "forgive" murderers that do not even care or understand the enormity of their actions outside of their delusions. They are not even telling those murderers to drop their weapons and surrender, they just stay in the comfort of their houses and prescribe to Jonathan to "forgive" them as if they were talking about some remourseful errant childrien. Even the Turkey government that has been in fighting off terrorisn at their borders against the PKK for over 30 years now, did not so willingly accept the cease-fire stance of the PKK leaders without giving its own conditions to be met before the PKK is taken seriously let alone a rag-tag gang with very many uncoordinated splinters in the business of terrorizing armless people.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
WEN WILL IGBOS STOP BEING THE SIDE KICK IN DIS ONE NAIJERIA?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by rhymz(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
tspun: those people sayin amnesty is wrong should provide anoda alternative. D situation is bigger than gef. To me if amnesty will bring a lastin peace in my country is fulling welcome.. After all d money will still be loot if in thier hands y not used it to bring peace to my country. Peace pls peace......
Can you exactly explain what the big "AMNESTY" is all about?
Don't tell me you are clamouring for a MEND-style Amnesty that had the government sending illiterates and criminals to school abroad and at thesame time putting them on government's pay roll?
Unless you have another kind of Amnesty in mind, it will amount to wickedness and carelessness to grant murderers that kind package.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by rhymz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: WEN WILL IGBOS STOP BEING THE SIDE KICK IN DIS ONE NAIJERIA?
I have also been asking thesame thing. We have continued to be the victims of targeted hostilities everywhere in this country yet they yell one Nigeria
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by rhymz(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007:

No my friend, amnesty isn't the best solution, but every other methods have been tried and no positive result achieved. Of all the possible measures that could bring peace, I believe amnesty should be part of it, and thus,should be considered.
Please let's be realistic here and put sentiments aside.

N.B: You are so foolish to forget that Nigeria that claims to have the strongest mullitary in Africa,offered amnesty to ND terrorists and it yielded a little positive result.
Well, Let me follow your argument, my question is this: what do you understand or mean by Amnesty?
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by ak47mann(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
Giving amnesty to terrorist that should tell jonathan that he is doomed.I wonder how wolves and cattle manage to stay together for this long undecided
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by ak47mann(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
The long term implication of this radical political agenda is to force a great deal of moderate Muslims to move and relocate from the North to the south at the same time force Christians and southerners leaving in the North back to the South. I said it long time ago that the northern States that decided to instituted Sharia laws by so doing, seceded from Nigeria but are still receiving the benefits of being in Nigeria.Obj allowed sharia law in the first place and the result have come to light.. cool
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by youi: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
But this evil pple,we all believe a not muslims.y is dat only muslims leaders a pleading 4 them.
Let assumed dat as they were killing n destroying churches in d north d xtians in d south started retaliating. I want those of u pleading 4 them 2 think abt wat will hv happen 2 dis nation n I want u 2 be fair in ur judgement abt ur answer. I just want u 2 know dat killing n destroying of churches was not starting with Boko Haram it has been there for many years.sinces 1960s when they hv been killing Christians n how many of d culprit had been brought 2 book.
I thought with wat is happening btw dis 2 religions we can c the differences.I rely hav 2 thank GOD 4 d way d xtians In other states had been handling d situation,I believed d true God will fight 4 himself we can’t fight 4 him. If d norther muslim want dis evil 2 stop it will d bh a existing there bc dey hv their base there n d pple allows it.they can’t operate if they a not want.Thanks Jesus 4 his love n peace. They theif comes only 2 steal n kill n destroy:I hv come tht dey may hv life n hv it 2 d full.John 10 vs 10.God bless.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by rhymz(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
People asking for atlernatives, here are the alternatives:
1. True commitment to Justice. The culture of impunity has greatly fuelled crime in this country, that is why a gang of killers can even be considered for some kind of paid forgiveness program by thesame victims.
Amnesty is the reason BokoHaram is getting justifications instead of condemnations.
Amnesty is the reason more killer gangs are getting bold to go into the business of crime and terrorism know that it pays very handsomely in the end.
Amnesty is the reason we have pacified crooks sitting and running things in the Niger Delta. Foolish Nigerians still believe that those pacified criminals in the Niger Delta wont go back to crime again in the even of a policy change by another government.
How long are we going to continue to go the easy way, seek ephemeral solutions to problems that obviously will take years solve.
Amnesty is corruption, it is bold face corruption.
Amnesty is the reason no Northerner has deemed it fit to be sincere in helping the government solve thr problem. They want shortcuts and undeserved and misplaced justice to the wrong people just because they come from their tribe or region, their crimes do not matter to them. Amnesty is the reason the are stiff scared to openly condem and work against Bokoharam but swiftly jump to the idea of offering them cash to pacify them while their crimes are overlooked.
Anyone that supports Amnesty is no less an evil person than those killers who he so boldly clamours to be rewarded for their actions.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Privy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2013

I guess you're from the north and probably live there. I don't live there but I do have a good number of people living there either as indigenes or as southerners who live there just to make a living. I have some questions for you.

1. If your father, mother and all your siblings were killed by BH and all the properties you had were blown to smithereens while you escaped with wounds that were nursed for months, would you support or advocate amnesty for BH?

2. If BH poses a threat to your education or open adherence to your religios belief/conviction (as a christian, traditional belief adherent, atheist or whatsoever you choose to believe in), would you advocate amnesty for them?

3. If another socio-religious terrorist group rises up, let's say in the south south, and they destroy lots of mosques, koranic schools and kill thousands of muslims/northerners/people living in areas dominated by northerners, with a handful of christians and some politicians added to the list of victims, would you advocate amnesty for them?

4. What is the reason why you think amnesty will stop the spate of violence since BH guys do not even see GEJ as their president and they have openly and verbally expressed their "fearlessness of death" in some of their videos? Do they need the amnesty being proposed? Will they appreciate it?

Well I don't want to hear another blast going off in Nigeria but I do think that a realistic approach that discourages terrorism is the solution. Instead of Turai and many other northern politicians advocating amnesty, how about doing the following?

1. Sponsoring a bill to declare terrorism a crime against humanity that attracts the capital punishment?

2. Sponsoring a bill that makes sponsors of terrorists and whoever aids them get life in jail without the option of bail, plea or pardon?

3. How about sponsoring a bill that makes preaching of racial/religious hatred and violence a criminal offense that attracts life in solitary confinement (because such people are at the root of these problems).

4. How about making moves to reduce or totally eliminate the concept of child abuse (and talent waste) known as "almajiri" as practiced in the north. (Note that I respect every one's right to religious beliefs but I do not support letting children go hungry intentionally and wasting future prospects this way).

5. How about encouraging and actively supporting grassroot / local opposition to BH and finding better ways that actually solve the problem?

You can even do better if you think about it this way.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by hockeyboy: 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Send free sms to any network just remove the space and copy to your browser

http:// ./4had

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano / How The Western Media Portrays Africa, China, And India Differently / I Have Settled With Oshiomhole - Governor Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.