Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (26096 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
samkoro: The nation? Is it a newspaper or a tissue paper?
tissue paper is being generous.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Tolexander: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
nnenna.1:

The award is selected in Norway on behalf of Sweden. It is also awarded in Norway as well.
[size=20pt]NOMINATION AND SELECTION OF LITERATURE LAURATES?

I didn't say for peace o![/size]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
I see one naira trying to diss the Nobel Prize because his/her jewish godfather Achebe didn't win it!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Shame!!! Burn the house down because you can't live in it.

Whatever Nobel Prize recognizes, Achebe couldn't win it.

Achebe failed woefully!!!

He is a disgrace to the new generation of Nigerians!!!

A very bitter, unforgiving, forsaken soul!!!

He is the type that will rather burn down what the next generation need because they didn't believe his lies!!!

Lie crippled the man!!!

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
naija_swag: The 105th Nobel Prize for literature, the richest literary prize in the world, is awarded this week. Over it's history, the prize has been awarded to works in over 25 different languages.There have been 10 British winners (including one British prime minister) four joint wins, 12 female recipients, one Yiddish winner and two writers who have declined the substantial prize.
The award has not been without controversy, [size=20pt]with prominent and successful writers [/size]often rejected in favour of more obscure choices and selections often tainted by political bias. The Prize has, however, celebrated some of the finest literary output of the last century.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/8808880/Nobel-Prize-for-Literature-the-good-the-bad-and-the-British.html

Don't mind the dumbos who only parrot talking points their simplistic minds can understand. The nobel prize comes with a lot of politics, and is not necessarily the holy grail of achievement. It is not a sustainable argument to try to diminish the person and work of Achebe, just to make Soyinka look better. They both stand tall in their own rights. Only fools like Omatseye and his troops here on nl even attempt such empty, unenlightening fantasy....like the mor0n who's still arguing an English word with the English dictionary because 'it doesn't make sense' in his head. grin grin How stupid can one get?

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Tolexander: k
Onye ofe, why did you reswallow your vomit. You deleted the senselessness you posted earlier for this after rediscovering yourself. Ndi ofe no dey shame sha
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ichidodo: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
samkoro: The nation? Is it a newspaper or a tissue paper?
IT IS A RAG.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Cusubaba(m): 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Better to die young than to become a useless crippled bitter elder who would urge tribalism at that old age
Mumu... Don't worry you are already living a miserable and bitter life. Very soon you will drink rat poison and die young like AwoThief.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
0lumide: I see one naira trying to diss the Nobel Prize because his/her jewish godfather Achebe didn't win it!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha

He is the type that will rather burn down what the next generation need because they didn't believe his lies!!!

Lie crippled the man!!!
and you still remain onye ofe that have failed to read or learn. Ever heard of Pulitzer prize? And did #1 onye ofe awo win any award in his lifetime? These ndi ofe sha.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Tolexander: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Onye ofe, why did you reswallow your vomit. You deleted the senselessness you posted earlier for this after rediscovering yourself. Ndi ofe no dey shame sha
i went to add somethings to it were alaso! Mistakenly pressed on modify. Go and revisit it.

Quite unfortunate you are always deficient of knowledge!
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Neo-XVI:

cheesy shocked cheesy shocked Chai! Omo yoba sha!
Now you want to argue an English word with an English dictionary? I am embarrassed for you! You think we're speaking your mother tongue here?

Who taught you what "Semitism means"? The dictionary
Who taught you what "anti" means? The dictionary
The same dictionary tells you what antisemitism means and you want to use your head? The same head you failed through school with? grin grin grin

Your case is irredeemably pathetic!
Because the Dictionary said so does not mean it is correct. Semite is not an English Word so the dictionary is just as dumb as you are.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
The 105th Nobel Prize for literature, the richest literary prize in the world, is awarded this week. Over it's history, the prize has been awarded to works in over 25 different languages.There have been 10 British winners (including one British prime minister) four joint wins, 12 female recipients, one Yiddish winner and two writers who have declined the substantial prize.
[size=18pt]The award has not been without controversy, with prominent and successful writers often rejected in favour of more obscure choices and selections often tainted by political bias. [/size]The Prize has, however, celebrated some of the finest literary output of the last century.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/8808880/Nobel-Prize-for-Literature-the-good-the-bad-and-the-British.html

This is for those who think the Nobel is a stamp of approval from God
It ain't
It has it's shortfall like every man made outfit
Thanks to the poster that posted this as reminder
If the Nobel was a stamp of approval that your work had no equal,,Soyinka would sell more books than all African authors,he is after all the first winner in Africa
But that is not so
Ngugi Wa thiongo (and perhaps Chimamanda Adichie of yesterday ) have done better sales-wise
But hey,you are talking to people who think the white man was born a superhuman.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
One_Naira: ROTFLMFAO @ Yorubas still in tears about achebe writing the truth about their self upheld demigod, awo. something even their demigod said himself when he was still alive which makes wonder why they so angry. Abeg sssh make we hear word. its been months and una still on the "let's put this man down" mood. bunch of women with divks (no offense to women on this forum). funny iteskiri are all of a sudden disregarded as Yoruba on this forum. i see the same set that have been going around annoying all of us that warri belong to them because of that clan whom they were back then claiming as one of them denying it now. see double take. well his mother is Yoruba and he works for a predominately yoruba company and lives in a predominately yoruba community which justify people's claim that his criticism is ethnically motivated. #just saying.

as many have said and written Achebe is known world wide. let me repeat that again, world wide as in made a name for himself in Africa, Asia, Europe, America, etc. world the fucking wide. a feat only few have made. even WS una are using to shield yourself from any attack, haven't had that privilege and i doubt he would in his lifetime. I love WS so im not even going to attack him or put him down just because a bunch of cowards are using him as a shield. To those that even did, I SMH at una.

now in terms of the noble prize, achebe is not the first great writer that didn't recieve noble prize and he most certaintly won't be the last. Mark Twain, one of the best author of all times, let's be realistic, never recieved nor was he ever considered. Henry ibesik, another great author. infact known as norway best author never recieved nor was ever nominated. Auden was another one who in fact was in consideration but disconsidered after he made a translation error for one of the past noble prize winner book, etc etc. Gandhi was not even considered for the peace prize and hilter, yes you heard me, Hitler was considered twice even. Achebe lost because of his defense against Conrad. while reading the replies on this thread, i noticed half of this man critics does not even know who conrad is or his works or what achebe defended Africa against. this just shows the illiteracy of Nigeria. so much for free education.

By the way, the rest that are informing una the noble prize isn't used as a rank of whose the better author are actually telling una the truth. the committee have long been in one controversy and criticism by many nation including their own. some even argue their decision for nomination and winning is getting worse by the year.
next time u break into my thoughts again, i will kill u
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by OneNaira6: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
0lumide: I see one naira trying to diss the Nobel Prize because his/her jewish godfather Achebe didn't win it!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Lie crippled the man!!!

after one made a fool of himself with the antisemitism thing, this one wants to join am.

can someone please explain to me how this man saw an attack in Nobel committee from what i wrote. listing the authors well known for not winning and are used by many to condemn the Nobel committee till date. informing una there is a controversy about them and criticism going around about it and you deemed it as an attack. are you kidding me? someone posted an article discussing this fact and its just one article out of many. I dare you to google it. Nobel committee and its criticism. I believe there was even a protest against the committee few years ago if I'm not mistaking. i dare you to google everything I said if you doubt it. una need to venture outside of NL and Oyo or whatever that magazine name is once in awhile and glance at what's going on all over the world around you.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mr. Globe:

and you still remain onye ofe that have failed to read or learn. Ever heard of Pulitzer prize? And did #1 onye ofe awo win any award in his lifetime? These ndi ofe sha.

LOOL!!! Your hero is a disgrace to humanity!! the westerners he so worshiped licking their asses and staying in their country didn't give him the noble award hence why he died a bitter, crippled and forsaken soul!!!

Choi!!! Achebe was shitting in his pants before dying!!! He tried to spread lies like he did with TFA hoping to get same recognition as TFA but what did he get? Hall of Shame award from NL, All new Nigerian writers who used to worship him now see him as a disgrace to Nigerian writers with everyone coming out to rebuke his lies!!

Way older than Soyinka but please Omo Ekun o kin shegbe ewure!!!!
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by OneNaira6: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:
next time u break into my thoughts again, i will kill u

grin grin grin my sister see your greediness. you have too much thoughts and you don't want to share. hey greedy woman. you better padlock your head cause I'll continue thiefing your thought if you don't. lol
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Emperor007: 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
This all I wanted to avoid.

Ndi-ofe-ajoka

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Emperor_007: This all I wanted to avoid.

Ndi-ofe-ajoka

Their hearts are as ugly as their faces
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Ibrahim Bello-Kano: Achebe was an Igbophile, not the father of African literature[/size]

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/28/ibrahim-bello-kano-achebe-was-an-igbophile-not-the-father-of-african-literature/
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
alj harem: [size=18pt]Ibrahim Bello-Kano: Achebe was an Igbophile, not the father of African literature[/size]

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/28/ibrahim-bello-kano-achebe-was-an-igbophile-not-the-father-of-african-literature/
[size=18pt]
And who is Ibrahim bello?
Achebe we know
Soyinka we know
Who the heck is bello[/size]

Daily post ? ROFL

We are talking about Achebe and quoting CNN the London telegraph and Soyinka himself and you talk about Bello
Why not your grandfather

3 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
An Itsekiri and Hausa man critise Achebe

Instead Igbos are insulting yorubas grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
seanet01: Because the Dictionary said so does not mean it is correct. Semite is not an English Word so the dictionary is just as dumb as you are.

Keep washing your yansh in public grin grin I will keep supplying the crowd wink I should take your word for it against the dictionary definition? What brass from a pathetic ignoramus! Pray tell, what word is it? Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:
[size=18pt]
Achebe we know
Soyinka we know

[size=18pt]Ibrahim Kano is a well know professor both in Nigeria and abroad. He has contributed greatly to the educational system of Nigeria, which one has Achebe done ?[/size]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
alj harem: An Itsekiri and Hausa man critise Achebe

Instead Igbos are insulting yorubas grin grin grin grin grin

Do you see an Itsekiri or Hausa man talking here
You should ask the ofenmanu how it became their war not us
The Omatseye guy they say is the son of a Yoruba akwuna
He also works for Tinubu
The thread posted by a Yoruba tout
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Soyinka, Bello have all contributed to Nigeria in their own little way. What has Achebe contributed other than bigotry ? Achebe is no different than an average bigoted Nairalander[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
alj harem: [size=18pt]Soyinka, Bello have all contributed to Nigeria in their own little way. What has Achebe contributed other than bigotry ? Achebe is no different than an average bigoted Nairalander[/size]

I have asked you again
Who is Ibrahim bello?
99.999% of folks never heard of him

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:

Do you see an Itsekiri or Hausa man talking here
You should ask the ofenmanu how it became their war not us
The Omatseye guy they say is the son of a Yoruba akwuna
He also works for Tinubu
The thread posted by a Yoruba tout

of course Majority of Nigerians support them and yes the people you call Yoruba support them or do you want ofemanus to support a bigot ?

Did Bello or Sam use derogatory terms to describe the Igbos like Achebe did by showing his superiority complex ?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
alj harem:

of course Majority of Nigerians support them and yes the people you call Yoruba support them or do you want ofemanus to support a bigot ?

Did Bello or Sam use derogatory terms to describe the Igbos like Achebe did by showing his superiority complex ?

[size=18pt]Who are those two men
Point us to their works
3rd request[/size]

Majority of Nigerians
Hahahahah
You mean majority of touts on nairaland
[size=28pt]The Soyinka you speak of had nothing but admiration and praise for Achebe
Goes to show you the majority u speak of are nonentities [/size]

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by joeyfire(m): 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:
[size=18pt]
Achebe we know
Soyinka we know

Daily post ? ROFL

We are talking about Achebe and quoting CNN the London telegraph and Soyinka himself and you talk about Bello
Why not your grandfather

Don't waste your time asking. The yoruba guy who posted that demon's vomit has over 1000 monikers on this site and has claimed kanuri, igbo, hausa, kanuri-igbo, itsekiri etc. Until he confused himself and got exposed. Sanctity of fact no mean anything to am. Lol

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:
[size=18pt]
Achebe we know
Soyinka we know

Daily post ? ROFL

Why not your grandfather

No mind the hausa man. We're talking Achebe, Soyinka, Clark and Okigbo, he is mentioning some Bello man. Omatseye, Bello or whoever, they don't matter. You do not assign yourself the critic of a man infinitely more accomplished than you are, unless he/she is a political figure in a country or locality for which you have voting rights. Until they write books that sell the world over, they should read their TFA at night and keep quite during daytime.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
Neo-XVI:

No mind the hausa man. We're talking Achebe, Soyinka, Clark and Okigbo, he is mentioning some Bello man. Omatseye, Bello or whoever, they don't matter. You do not assign yourself the critic of a man infinitely more accomplished than you are, unless he/she is a political figure in a country or locality for which you have voting rights. Until they write books that sell the world over, they should read their TFA at night and keep quite during daytime.

see me see trouble o
since when did aboki start using komputa bikonu?

People are having a discussion and a cattle rearer enters inside and starts naming names
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by phantom(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dudu_Negro: THE ICON OF GLOBAL RECOGNITION IS NOBEL PRIZE.

GETTING A NOBEL PRIZE RECOGNITION FOR YOUR FIELD OF WORK OR PROFESSION MEANS THAT YOUR WORK AND OUTPUT SERVES TO UPLIFT MANKIND AND ITS IDEALS.

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH MASTERY ACHEBE POSESSES, WITHOUT A NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE HIS OUTPUT SERVED NO MEANINGFUL UPLIFTMENT TO THE IDEALS OF MANKIND.

THEREFORE, IN GLOBAL TERMS, SOYINKA IS MORE ACCOMPLISHED AND SUPERIOR TO ACHEBE.
the nobel is not given by God but humans with a brain just like you. **jeez..no wonder it was easy for them to take our wealth in exchange for mirrors back in the day**

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ROYALD(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=ochukoccna]Under fire by who
Yi_bo Biafrans or undecided
Nigerians grin grin
All Sam did was express his POV
Counter it with a superior one not insult his person with gutter language
This east side of Nigerian rebels never seem to amaze one
They die Biafrans yet are buried and celebrated as Nigerians
1st was Ojukwu,now Achebe and you wonder who next cheesy[/quote

God ppunish you iidiot

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

May 29 Committee: Tinubu Inherited Igbo Hatred From Buhari – Ohanaeze / Rivers Governorship Tribunal Fixes Judgement For Saturday 24/10/2015 / Photos Of A 14-Month-Old Malnourished Baby In An IDP Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.