Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (26044 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by andyanders: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mr. Globe:
what do you expect from someone who works for Tinubu and one who is the editor for the most rretarded and disorganized newspaper in Nigeria. This was the same person that wrote against mama HIV awolowo for calling Tinubu a fraudster he is.
For the fact that this fool called the Nobel prize the preeminent prize in literature shows that he lacks any basic knowledge and information in the field and may well be another certificate forger like his master Tinubu.
Well Mr. Sam your grandmother may be a good storyteller but while she died in obscurity and irrelevancy like you will, Achebe sold multi million copies of his stories, more than any African. Dined with world leaders with his stories, had his stories told in major languages in the world, had his stories become part of school curricula world over. Stay here and be feeding crumbs from Tinubu your pay master.

Good answer to a reta-rd

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
nnenna.1:
Lol...like it or not, Achebe is the father of African literature and has made vaster literary impressions than any other African writer.

Thesaurus impressionists and Norwegian politics notwithstanding.

Adieu!
Dreaming?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by slimghost(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
0lumide: I think everyone should read things fall apart and ask how the book is helping people "understand" Africa.

All the Achebians here never read his books or only read the books because it was painting Igbos as the best tribe God created.

If you read Achebe's works including journals, then read his last book, you will know the man is a retarded old blood from the 40s. Achebe's last book was the movie other books were trailers and what was the movie about?

Division, saying his tribe is better than other tribes in Africa and blah blah blah!!!!!!

Achebe remain a disgrace even in death!!!!!!!

Who is this deranged foo.l? your father is the disgrace for given birth to a shallow thinking ape like you!

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by tgbaba(m): 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
ochukoccna: Under fire by who
Yi_bo Biafrans or undecided
Nigerians grin grin
All Sam did was express his POV
Counter it with a superior one not insult his person with gutter language
This east side of Nigerian rebels never seem to amaze one
They die Biafrans yet are buried and celebrated as Nigerians
1st was Ojukwu,now Achebe and you wonder who next cheesy

"They die Biafrans yet are buried and celebrated as Nigerians"
I tire O
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
seanet01: Fool!
How can Anwar Sadat be anti-semite?
Is it possible for somebody to hate himself or have you forgotten that Arabs are also Semites.
Anyway i think it is possible to hate yourself, the ibos practicalize that during the civil war by opening their chest to The Rages of the Black Scorpion!

Damn! How can you be this dumb? Do you even know what 'anti-semite' means? shocked And when you do find out, try to reconcile that knowledge with this: does it appear to you, given all the enemies of Isreal today, that Arabs love the Jews?

Think on that before your reply. And just so you know, Anwar Sadat was an Egyptian wink
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
caustical: Give me one name of sons of gorilla (Igbos) that have done anything outstanding and I will give U 20 yorubas
I will love to take up this challenge only you will run like a battered rat. Let's start with Philip Emegweali

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
ichidodo: EHEN NOW? WHAT IS THE BUSINNESS OF THE LION (ACHEBE) WITH THE GOAT (SOYINKA). IF ANWAR SADAT,THE ANTI-SEMITIST CAN WIN NOBEL-PRIZE THEN THE SWEDISH CAN SHOVE IT UP THEIR #?*
CHICHIDODO, we know you as an animal (a bird), you should not see others as animals like you.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Olumide, you are an academic mistake, even your parents will never utter those putrid words of yours. Are you jealous of igbos? Go drink otapiapia

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ichidodo: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
seanet01: Fool!
How can Anwar Sadat be anti-semite?
Is it possible for somebody to hate himself or have you forgotten that Arabs are also Semites.
Anyway i think it is possible to hate yourself, the ibos practicalize that during the civil war by opening their chest to The Rages of the Black Scorpion!
BLACK SCORPION KO? BLACK COCKROACH NI?SEE YOUR USELESS LIFE, YOU SEE HOW AWO-OLE HAS WASTED THE FREE-EDUCATION POLICY ON YOUR FATHER SO THAT HE HAS PROPERLY FAILED TO TRAIN YOU TO REALISE THAT SHEMITES ARE JEWs, STOP DISGRACIN AWO-OLE AND YOUR TRIBE.F**KING YERIBA PRICK.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by stantob(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
How many awards have you won Mr Sam?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ekoilee: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
Policewoman: Achebe didnt win the Nobel prize because of his critique of a certain book from an european, which caused uproar then. Nobel Prize or not, Achebe remains the father of African literature. Even Wole Soyinka acknowledges such.

How many reasons are you people going to manufacture for why ashebe didn't win the Nobel?

You people are getting too ridiculous with your silly excuses.

The reason why he did not win was because his work was sub par... Period.

Ko si Nobel....
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ichidodo: 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ola Johnson:
CHICHIDODO, we know you as an animal (a bird), you should not see others as animals like you.
BETTER A BIRD THAN A AN ARRSHOLE LIKE YOU.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
0lumide: I think everyone should read things fall apart and ask how the book is helping people "understand" Africa.

All the Achebians here never read his books or only read the books because it was painting Igbos as the best tribe God created.

If you read Achebe's works including journals, then read his last book, you will know the man is a retarded old blood from the 40s. Achebe's last book was the movie other books were trailers and what was the movie about?

Division, saying his tribe is better than other tribes in Africa and blah blah blah!!!!!!

Achebe remain a disgrace even in death!!!!!!!

Lol.... A disgrace to who? In what sense? And pray tell, how did TFA "paint Igbos as the best tribe God created"?
When compared to which other tribes? Was there a line in TSA that compared Igbo to any other African tribe? Can you now see that you're the "disgrace"?

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
To all you achebe-haters, achebe will always be regarded as the father of modern african literature, nobel or no nobel. Cry me a river....

4 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
ichidodo: BLACK SCORPION KO? BLACK COCKROACHE NI? YOU SEE HOW AWO-OLE HAS WASTED THE FREE-EDUCATION POLICY ON YOUR FATHER SO THAT HE HAS PROPERLY FAILED TO TRAIN YOU TO REALISE THAT SHEMITES ARE JEWs, STOP DISGRACIN AWO-OLE AND YOUR TRIBE.F**KING YERIBA PRICK.
can you learn for once?
Jews are not the only semites. Arabs are also
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
ichidodo: BLACK SCORPION KO? BLACK COCKROACHE NI? YOU SEE HOW AWO-OLE HAS WASTED THE FREE-EDUCATION POLICY ON YOUR FATHER SO THAT HE HAS PROPERLY FAILED TO TRAIN YOU TO REALISE THAT SHEMITES ARE JEWs, STOP DISGRACIN AWO-OLE AND YOUR TRIBE.F**KING YERIBA PRICK.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
My bro, these Ndi ofe never learn. smh

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
To all you achebe-haters, achebe will always be regarded as the father of modern african literature, nobel or no nobel. Cry me a river....[img]To all you achebe-haters, achebe will always be regarded as the father of modern african literature, nobel or no nobel. Cry me a river....[/img]To all you achebe-haters, achebe will always be regarded as the father of modern african literature, nobel or no nobel. Cry me a river....

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Fool. A simple search in google for semites will tell you Arabs are also semitic.
Can you people learn for once.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by NeoXVI: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
seanet01: can you learn for once?
Jews are not the only semites. Arabs are also

Stop displaying your putrid ignorance. The term "antisemitism" doesn't have any connection to the semitic people in general. Ode la san
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by genieplus86(f): 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
Please, O wired humanity, spare me, and not only the details.Golly! Poor Sam. Such a gormless chap. His age and writing belies his raw putrid appeal.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:

Why are you bent on using Wole to try to rubbish Achebe
Name your own father and chronicle his achievements
Have you no father?

Allow the children of Wole Soyinka to sing the praises of their father
[size=18pt]They don't need you just because they happen to be your tribe
If you came near them,they may actually have you arrested for trespassing
Agbero[/size]
I doubt if they allow any area boy to come close

Wole Soyinka is my tribesman and I aspire to be like him to win a Nobel and not to die a bitter cripple like someone we know
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
Tribalistic ingrates, the man who defended the integrity and rationale of every darkskinned human on earth with his pen is now a 'disgrace', and an intellectual subordinate to the nobel prize. Shame on you all.

4 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Stop displaying your putrid ignorance. The term "antisemitism" doesn't have any connection to the semitic people in general. Ode la san
Fool.
(Anti)(Semitism)
How does that sound in your deluded mind.
Antisemitism is the attitude of expressing hatred towards people with semitic lineage.
Some of you only pass throw school, you don't allow school to pass through you.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Son-Of-El:
Tribalistic ingrates, the man who defended the integrity and rationale of every darkskinned human on earth with his pen is now a 'disgrace', and an intellectual subordinate to the nobel prize. Shame on you all.

Shame on the bitter cripple the spokesman of Biafra who was living large while children were starving to death.

The bitterness killed him obviously

Unlike Wole.

Fought Wedtern region govt

Even though yoruba supported Biafra and went to jail

Even though Yoruba supported the Niger Delta in the fight for resource control

He fought the cabal to ensure Jonathan was president

While he could be sitting in the comfort of America like the senile ashebe writing tales by moonlight to promote tribal hatred

isnt it funny that Ashebe couldn't live long to reap the fruit of the bigoted book he wrote?

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
Son-Of-El:
it seems you are taking ndi ofe seriously. A third class tribe.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ichidodo: 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
seanet01: Fool. A simple search in google for semites will tell you Arabs are also semitic.
Can you people learn for once.
CHOI! THE MORE YOU TRY TO PULL THE YERIBA PIG OUT OF THE SHIITE, THE MORE THE PIG WANTS TO SWIM INSIDE IT,O.K FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR GRAND-CHILDREN LET ME HELP AWO-OLE TO RE-EDUCATE YOU. NOW REPEAT AFTER ME..... SHEM - JEW.......HAM-ARAB..... ANTI-SHEMITE - ANTI-JEWISH......ANTI-HAMITE.....ANTI-ARAB x2.

6 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
ichidodo: CHOI! THE MORE YOU TRY TO PULL THE YERIBA PIG OUT OF THE SHIITE, THE MORE THE PIG WANTS TO SWIM INSIDE IT,O.K FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR GRAND-CHILDREN LET ME HELP AWO-OLE TO RE-EDUCATE YOU. NOW REPEAT AFTER ME..... SHEM - JEW.......HAM-ARAB..... ANTI-SHEMITE - ANTI-JEWISH......ANTI-HAMITE.....ANTI-ARAB x2.
you will have to open his coconut head to put it in. ndi ofe never learn.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
@dayokanu, you lousy worm, why does anything achebe or igbo success annoy you. Soyinka is soyinka. Achebe is achebe. Soyinka is important, thanks to nobel in sweden. Achebe even in death, is important, thanks to every literary conscience in the world.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ak47mann(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dayokano

mumu pray you reach half achebe age cuz your type does not last long if you dont know.

Achebe's legacy is beyond awoist and there crew,his children will enjoy the wealth generated from his book

Another evil twisted awolowo product
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by michelz: 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
caustical: [/b]Story of the sons of gorilla[b]
Nothing good ever come out of Ibos or igbos (indian hemps).........they are the genesis of nigeria problem. It starts from their ancestors. their foremother who was an outcast sl.ut from central africa who moved to the present day igboland (indian hemp land)in order to avoid being lynched. In the jungle, a gorilla sighted her and ra.ped her and she got impregnated and gave birth to twins (one boy and one gal). the 2 slept with themselves and the boy slept with his mother. the rest they say is history. This their origination explain the reason why they have hairy body and why many of them act and think like gorilla. Enough said about their origination (U can see where the problem start from)

Now to modern day, when the british came to nigeria, the places they came to was Lagos, Abeokuta,Ibadan, Calabar, Port harcourt, Kano, Sokoto. They didn't make attempt to enter the forbidden land (indian hemp land)because they never see it as being relevant. But because of the f00lish british agenda they amalgamated the people of good culture and known origin with the ba.rsta.ds sons of Gorilla (henceforth refers to as SOG). Can U see how the problem continues

After independence, there are 3 regions with everyone trying to develop their origins but these SOGs won't stay in their region and develop it but to come to other peoples' region and want to dominate them from the fact that they want to be relevant. That being said we continue to tolerate them. But is only a matter of time before SOGs show who they really are (like the way they derailed this thread), some SOGs in person of Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna etc. planned the 1st coup and killed Hausa and Yoruba leaders leaving out their people. Can U see how the problem continue

Another SOG in person of Ironsi who suppose to rectify things came into power and decided to do like a typical SOG but we all know how his story ended, he was killed like a fowl. After that period they have been suffering since and they will suffer till thy kingdom come. starting with pogrom where hausas kill them like cockroaches (which they are) to the mutilation they received in the hands of Nigerian army during the civil war (Anya miri). Their suffering in the civil war is as a result of one of them (a typical SOG) known as Agbari Ojukwu (big pot head) and I don't pity them at all. After the civil war, are they not supposed to have learnt from their past mistakes but never these SOGs will never learn. Another SOG who is learned and had the privilege to study outside the forbidden land in person of Achebe (we'll do it like that) held grudges and didn't let go of the past. We all know how is story ended he died a very sad man as a result of bomb blast that happened thousands of mile away from where he was.

Now tell me, is there one single sane person among them. Kiss and Make up with SOGs God forbid! They grow hatred in their mind and they will all die sorrowfully because they will never get to where Yorubas are because Origin can never be changed. Sons of the soil is different from SOGs
you try so hard to sound intelligent,but you end up sounding so pathetically ignorant.... I advice you my friend,go and acquire education.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by seanet01: 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
ichidodo: CHOI! THE MORE YOU TRY TO PULL THE YERIBA PIG OUT OF THE SHIITE, THE MORE THE PIG WANTS TO SWIM INSIDE IT,O.K FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR GRAND-CHILDREN LET ME HELP AWO-OLE TO RE-EDUCATE YOU. NOW REPEAT AFTER ME..... SHEM - JEW.......HAM-ARAB..... ANTI-SHEMITE - ANTI-JEWISH......ANTI-HAMITE.....ANTI-ARAB x2.
You are nothing but a brainwashed dunce of the zionists. If Arabs are semites how can they be accused of being antisemites?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Rotimi47: 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
Emperor_007: Why is it always a Yoruba person, what would want to deceive people by trying to rubbish the achievement of someone, who's a million times better than him/her?

If not that, they would pull up fake information and data just to make a deceitful point, why always them?

Igbo slowpoke, why do idiots like you always bring †ђε yorubas who happen τ̅☺ be a superior tribe τ̅☺ yours into every argument? ♓☺w would you say that achebe is better than wole soyinka! Get your facts right; †ђε only book former american president Bill Clinton read on his way τ̅☺ Nigeria when he was president was wole soyinka's book, bill also met with wole when he came τ̅☺ Nigeria: finally, why was wole soyinka awarded the noble L before him if he was better? Or you think those that give †ђε award are dumb?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Pictures From Kwankwaso's Campaign In Gaya Local Government Yesterday / Borno IPMAN Directs Members To Suspend Operations, Shut ALL Filling Stations / Wike: Nobody Can Rename Any Part Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.