Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years (4521 Views)

Shocking Before And After Transformation Of Nnamdi Kanu In Prison [PICS] / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2013
Transformation On The Roads Live On AIT Now

The transformation that has taken place on the road sector in the last 2 years is CURRENTLY airing live on AIT. What are your impressions?
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2013
The transformation that has taken place on the ovia bridge being aired now
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Ongoing work on the dualization of Lokoja-Benin highway
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of the transformed and dualised Onitsha-Owerri road
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of ongoing works on the Kano-Maiduguri road.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of the prototype of the proposed 2nd Niger bridge
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of the work DONE and ongoing work on Abuja- Lokoja road
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2013
So what? Is that why you are shouting? besides i don't have light since yesterday afternoon. are you expecting me to run my generator because of one silly programme. you no serious.

4 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of ongoing work on Loko Oweto bridge. The bridge will shorten distance between east and north
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of ongoing work on Suleja-Lambata road (not sure of spelling)
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2013
Pictures of ongoing work on Oshodi-Apapa road was shown earlier
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: So what? Is that why you are shouting? besides i don't have light since yesterday afternoon. are you expecting me to run my generator because of one silly programme. you no serious.

There is still freedom of speech. If you dont like what he is saying, skip it.

Lady of rage ko, Lady of stu.pid...ity ni.

6 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2013
End of programme. Several other roads were shown too. Massive intervention on the roads has taken place and is taking place.

God bless Our president!
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria!
FRESH AIR everywhere you go!

2 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 9:32am On Apr 08, 2013
I can attest to the fact that the roads are improving, I travelled South West over the weekend and I saw by myself. Dont let anyone fool you, things are working. If they dont like it or dont want to hear it, they know how to keep quiet.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 08, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: So what? Is that why you are shouting? besides i don't have light since yesterday afternoon. are you expecting me to run my generator because of one silly programme. you no serious.
Yes, there's problem in the power sector but unfortunately, the problem cannot be solved overnight.

If you had been starved for several years and someone steps into the kitchen to prepare something for you to eat, rather than criticise the person preparing the food, you should atleast appreciate that someone has taken up the responsibility to fix the problem and food will soon be ready.

The govt has a power reform road map, that includes privatisation. If only you can be sincere, you'll admit that progress is being made. Even the privatisation is on its final lap. All the private firms have paid the initial 25% value offer.

5 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

There is still freedom of speech. If you dont like what he is saying, skip it.

Lady of rage ko, Lady of stu.pid...ity ni.
shut up b"itch! I wasn't talking to you and the thread isn't yours. I have every right to comment. stay on your lane and mind your business. Adura -ngba....... what a name!

1 Like

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by gbanikiti(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: shut up b"itch! I wasn't talking to you and the thread isn't yours. I have every right to comment. stay on your lane and mind your business. Adura -ngba....... what a name!
There's no need to be aggressive. Govts all over the world are elected to provide services to the people and good motorable roads is one of such services. This govt is getting it RIGHT.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by nig2change: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2013
I don't know why we can't give this man a chance. All news emanating from Nigeria is bad news. Reportage of good news are subdued due to selfish interests. Under 2 YEARS great changes had happened. I tell there is a difference when someone wants change even if he is surrounded by bad advisers. I tell you Nigerians expect great changes come 2014.

1 Like

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by nig2change: 10:11am On Apr 08, 2013
For the first time in this country, all prefer bidders paid on schedule. All processes hitch free. I think he deserve support from Nigerians. Amaechi is complaining, go to Akwa Ibom state and see for your self. Go to Edo State too, this country is changing sure and steadily.

1 Like

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by koruji(m): 10:14am On Apr 08, 2013
Please get your facts right. improving SW roads are due to ACN governors. GEJ is doing virtually nothing in the SW. If you need evidence travel on the premier SW roads that belong to the FG which the FG has not allowed state govts to take over. Lagos-Ibadan road is the prime example. The OP is well-known for propagating false GEJ achievements. But even after naming several roads none of which is in the SW he had throw in Apapa-Oshodi road - a road that has been shown even recently to be deplorable.

Adura_ngba: I can attest to the fact that the roads are improving, I travelled South West over the weekend and I saw by myself. Dont let anyone fool you, things are working. If they dont like it or dont want to hear it, they know how to keep quiet.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 08, 2013
nig2change: I don't know why we can't give this man a chance. All news emanating from Nigeria is bad news. Reportage of good news are subdued due to selfish interests. Under 2 YEARS great changes had happened. I tell there is a difference when someone wants change even if he is surrounded by bad advisers. I tell you Nigerians expect great changes come 2014.
Its all about politics. Some persons think that if they admit the OBVIOUS their chances of winning or choping in 2015 will be lost. Because they'r intellectually hollow, they fail to realise that no matter how hard the current president works, there'll still be so much left undone, which will be the basis for 2015 contest. It is still the same age long primordial pull him down syndrome at play.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2013
koruji: Please get your facts right. improving SW roads are due to ACN governors. GEJ is doing virtually nothing in the SW. If you need evidence travel on the premier SW roads that belong to the FG which the FG has not allowed state govts to take over. Lagos-Ibadan road is the prime example. The OP is well-known for propagating false GEJ achievements. But even after naming several roads none of which is in the SW he had throw in Apapa-Oshodi road - a road that has been shown even recently to be deplorable.

Notorious liar. Work is currently ongoing on Oshodi-Apapa road (that was shown today). The govt has done several railway projects in the southwest, including the currently ongoing, standard guage, Lagos-Ibadan rail line. The Benin-Ore-Sagamu road does not exist in Niger delta. It transverse southwest. Even the Lagos-Ibadan road you mentioned was recently rehabilitated by Julius Berger and one other contractor. But you wouldn't acknowledge those since you'r posting LIES from the discomfort of your living hole.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 08, 2013
Radio transformation,getting pictures of Rwandan roads and using it to coin our minds?? I don't eant to buy Tv and radio stunts bro. Use. Your phone and snap it for us to see. Too much animation on tv these days joor. And come to think of it,you didn't mention of any road in Abia State why?
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 08, 2013
chiover: Radio transformation,getting pictures of Rwandan roads and using it to coin our minds?? I don't eant to buy Tv and radio stunts bro. Use. Your phone and snap it for us to see. Too much animation on tv these days joor. And come to think of it,you didn't mention of any road in Abia State why?
Which stunts would you "buy" then? Buhari anti-corruption stunt? Or Fashola ongoing project inspection stunt. Yeye!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ba7man(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2013
Lagos-Ibadan Express road!!!....Didn't they show it on the program?? We all know AIT is the FG's mouth-piece. Hey, no beefs. I know all our past presidents have not exactly being the smartest or straight forward men of integrity but that won't make me lower my standards on what i think good governance is about. Is this the best you expect from the leader of an oil producing nation with so much resources??
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ba7man(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Which stunts would you "buy" then? Buhari anti-corruption stunt? Or Fashola ongoing project inspection stunt. Yeye!
Those stunts normally come with pictures and the press is always available.."Word of mouth" isn't always reliable and its susceptable to being effected to suit the person reporting it.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ba7man(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Using Lagos State as an example, see the number of projects being crammed in that tiny state that is sure to raise it income generating potentials and economic status worldwide. The FG have the resources to replicate similar and better world-class projects on a Nationwide scale by patnering with State Govts. Tarring roads is good but there is so much more to be done for me to start jumping with excitement and joy. I'd advice you to raise your standards so that peanuts won't impress you.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2013
ba7man: Lagos-Ibadan Express road!!!....Didn't they show it on the program?? We all know AIT is the FG's mouth-piece. Hey, no beefs. I know all our past presidents have not exactly being the smartest or straight forward men of integrity but that won't make me lower my standards on what i think good governance is about. Is this the best you expect from the leader of an oil producing nation with so much resources??
Exactly. So much resources. What has Fashola done with the so much resources available to him in the last 6yrs? Where is the completed Lagos intra city railway? Where is the 4th mainland bridge? Where is the proposed 2nd international Airport? Where are the social welfare schemes,etc Its not enough for the governor to be commissioning drainages, street lights, primary health care centers, 0.5km roads,etc with N30billion monthly revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by 175(m): 11:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Where are the pictures naaaaa!! No AIT for Startimes DTV so how i go take see ur claims?
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ba7man(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly. So much resources. What has Fashola done with the so much resources available to him in the last 6yrs? Where is the completed Lagos intra city railway? Where is the 4th mainland bridge? Where is the proposed 2nd international Airport? Where are the social welfare schemes,etc Its not enough for the governor to be commissioning drainages, street lights, primary health care centers, 0.5km roads,etc with N30billion monthly revenue.
Makes me also wonder what GEJ does with his own share of the trillions of Naira this country generates apart from feeding his over-bloated cabinet he refuses to trim down, reviving the raggedy looking trains and outdated rail lines (Those trains pass me and i stare in shock-horror at how terrible and over-crowded they are and the number of train surfers on them...what @Sincere Nigerian is applauding), , billions on epileptic power supply, paying off criminals and killers and before i forget....tarring roads.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
ba7man: Makes me also wonder what GEJ does with his own share of the trillions of Naira this country generates apart from feeding his over-bloated cabinet he refuses to trim down, reviving the raggedy looking trains and outdated rail lines (Those trains pass me and i stare in shock-horror at how terrible and over-crowded they are and the number of train surfers on them...what @Sincere Nigerian is applauding), , billions on epileptic power supply, paying off criminals and killers and before i forget....tarring roads.
The title of this thread is clear and unambiguous. Its all about federal roads, which we all use daily. The message is they are getting better.

If you want to discuss the trains, the rehabilitated old lines (which by the way is currently serving tens of thousands of ordinary Nigerians daily, saving lives and ensuring people have more money in their pockets because they pay cheaper fares) or the ongoing construction of modern rail lines, I full ground and I'm battle ready (with pictures)

If you want to learn of progress in the power sector, I full ground.

By the way, I hope you know there's no law stopping Fashola from building power plants or providing relief transformers?

If its the agric sector, or draw the line on any issue on another thread so we can thrash it out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Commit Suicide If Jonathan Is Re-elected!!! / This Is How The Ubima's Lion Roars In Its Den(pic) / Yoruba Population In Easthern Nigeria Is More Than Easterners Living In Yoruba L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.