Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years (4530 Views)

Shocking Before And After Transformation Of Nnamdi Kanu In Prison [PICS] / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by taharqa: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
koruji: Please get your facts right. improving SW roads are due to ACN governors. GEJ is doing virtually nothing in the SW. If you need evidence travel on the premier SW roads that belong to the FG which the FG has not allowed state govts to take over. Lagos-Ibadan road is the prime example. The OP is well-known for propagating false GEJ achievements. But even after naming several roads none of which is in the SW he had throw in Apapa-Oshodi road - a road that has been shown even recently to be deplorable.

No Worries Bros. The Good Governance Tour Team is coming to Lagos and the entire SW very soon.... PLENTY EYES SHALL BE OPENED, and the LIARS EXPOSED. Rest Assured
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Rossikk(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
I spent all night trying to figure out which other president had done so much to upgrade the infrastructure of this country, and I couldn't come up with any name even going all the way back to the Gowon era. Travelling across the country by road is becoming such an enjoyable experience it's almost unreal. The thing is the quality of the road upgrades is so high that when driving on the roads, you would never believe they were once in poor condition. smiley

1 Like

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
^^^^^

You are very right there my brother. Even there was another thread where ABC transport said the roads are getting better, but the naysayers shouted them down as paid government agent. Anyone who sees anything right about the FG is seen as a paid agent, phat arse monkeys.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: No Worries Bros. The Good Governance Tour Team is coming to Lagos and the entire SW very soon.... PLENTY EYES SHALL BE OPENED, and the LIARS EXPOSED. Rest Assured
I have told you to stop acting your stupidity on NL! South Westerners know who is fooling who. In as much as I have so much against Obj'e regime, no other regime has carried out more infrastructure development compared to Obj's regime. Yes there are some roads Nigerians expected him to have constructed but failed to do so. I challenge you to list the names of road constructed by GEJ's regime and I would do same with Obj'e regime.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba: ^^^^^

You are very right there my brother. Even there was another thread where ABC transport said the roads are getting better, but the naysayers shouted them down as paid government agent. Anyone who sees anything right about the FG is seen as a paid agent, phat arse monkeys.
Stop fooling yourself! Name the roads that are getting better and post pictures. una MUMU never do
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Stop fooling yourself! Name the roads that are getting better and post pictures. una MUMU never do

Its better to just keep quiet rather than opening your smelly mouth and proving yourself a fool. Post pictures? I use to think you are reasonable.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by otokx(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Please did they show the east west road? This is the same way OBJ did abracadabra with enough media propaganda - in the end after billions of dollars, nothing to show. GEJ should be hitting hundreds of billions of dollars, we shall know the truth when he is no longer in power.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Its better to just keep quiet rather than opening your smelly mouth and proving yourself a fool. Post pictures? I use to think you are reasonable.
Is it a difficult ask? Post pictures of the roads and let us see! Seriously I wonder if some of you are cursed or otherwise. If a man is telling me things are changing or have changed, then I expect Him to show me what was obtainable before and Now.

FYI, I am not here to please you. The era you people spew falsehood is coming to an end. Go to Rivers, Edo, etc, you will see evidence of road construction and the government is bold to show who care to look what was obtainable before they came to power and what they have done.

If you claim roads are improving, then show us pictures of these roads so we know if you lot are serial liars to be noted!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
otokx: Please did they show the east west road? This is the same way OBJ did abracadabra with enough media propaganda - in the end after billions of dollars, nothing to show. GEJ should be hitting hundreds of billions of dollars, we shall know the truth when he is no longer in power.
My brother the whole matter tire person oh! East-West road is one road that any sane government would want to ensure is speedily completed given the economic importance of Lagos State. Imagine being able to travel from Bayelsa to Lagos in less than 4hrs!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ba7man(m): 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
I'll give this one to GEJ. He's actually working on inter-state roads except Lagos-Ibadan express. But just roads alone aint going to make me a beliver.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Anyone who likes the truth should go read these reports >>> http://www.worldbank.org/projects/P072644/rural-access-mobility-project-ramp?lang=en
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by ikeyman00(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
@@@@

I have told you to stop acting your stupidity on NL! South Westerners know who is fooling who. In as much as I have so much against Obj'e regime, no other regime has carried out more infrastructure development compared to Obj's regime. Yes there are some roads Nigerians expected him to have constructed but failed to do so. I challenge you to list the names of road constructed by GEJ's regime and I would do same with Obj'e regime.

rubbish!!

u think being cheeky will save u

we arent daft ooo
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by bloggernaija: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Transformation in your dreams. government by rumours and propaganda
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Is it a difficult ask? Post pictures of the roads and let us see! Seriously I wonder if some of you are cursed or otherwise. If a man is telling me things are changing or have changed, then I expect Him to show me what was obtainable before and Now.

FYI, I am not here to please you. The era you people spew falsehood is coming to an end. Go to Rivers, Edo, etc, you will see evidence of road construction and the government is bold to show who care to look what was obtainable before they came to power and what they have done.

If you claim roads are improving, then show us pictures of these roads so we know if you lot are serial liars to be noted!

You and your entire family may be cursed, thats your cup of tea, go deal with it. Its you who obviously is cursed, failing to accept what people say is surely a curse. Deal with it. FYI, I dont seek you to please me in any way. Say your own, I say my own, but dont in any way try to silence those who say things as they are. Period.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by koruji(m): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
Yeah, we all know what "currently ongoing" means in your book. Soon you people will complete the Benin-Ore road for the 3rd time in as many years. Glib talker that you are you talk about recent rehabilitation of Lagos-Ibadan road - by which you mean the rush patching that was done so GEJ could get to RCCG. Haba! Right after GEJ received his RCCG blessings Julius Berger publicly stated that they have no contracts for work on that road. BTW when the man said he travelled on good SW roads he was not talking about the on-today off-tomorrow GEJ patch-patch but top quality roads being built in the SW by ACN govs.

Sincere 9gerian:
Notorious liar. Work is currently ongoing on Oshodi-Apapa road (that was shown today). The govt has done several railway projects in the southwest, including the currently ongoing, standard guage, Lagos-Ibadan rail line. The Benin-Ore-Sagamu road does not exist in Niger delta. It transverse southwest. Even the Lagos-Ibadan road you mentioned was recently rehabilitated by Julius Berger and one other contractor. But you wouldn't acknowledge those since you'r posting LIES from the discomfort of your living hole.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by koruji(m): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
You are beyond redemption the...sorry o.
Just note that your fake road travel "across" Nigeria is mostly due to state govs. The roads GEJ is "working on" can be counted on the fingers of the hand - with its trillion Naira budget - and the numbers keep changing.

Rossikk: I spent all night trying to figure out which other president had done so much to upgrade the infrastructure of this country, and I couldn't come up with any name even going all the way back to the Gowon era. Travelling across the country by road is becoming such an enjoyable experience it's almost unreal. The thing is the quality of the road upgrades is so high that when driving on the roads, you would never believe they were once in poor condition. smiley
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
I never praised any road in the SW, I simply meant I travelled to the SW from Abuja, through the ongoing Abuja Lokoja dualisation project, through the Okene Ibilo Owo road and from my assessment, the contractors have improved pace on the Abuja Lokoja road, and FERMA has done a lot of rehabilitation on the Okene Ibilo Owo road. I never talked about roads in the SW before someone will use it to praise their ACN moda forkers.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

You and your entire family may be cursed, thats your cup of tea, go deal with it. Its you who obviously is cursed, failing to accept what people say is surely a curse. Deal with it. FYI, I dont seek you to please me in any way. Say your own, I say my own, but dont in any way try to silence those who say things as they are. Period.
Your antecedent of propagating falsehood on NL is not new. Asked to back up your claims with pictures they say speaks louder than 1,000 words you are running your mouth like Ghanaian red oil.

Is it a hard task for you to post pictures of the roads your claim is improving? Just last November here, the Minister openly admitted that only 35% of the approximately 36,000Km of the nations highway are passable and of the 35%, only 15% can be deemed okay. Yet you are here spewing rubbish and propagating falsehood.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by koruji(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
I beg don't make me LOL cheesy

taharqa: No Worries Bros. The Good Governance Tour Team is coming to Lagos and the entire SW very soon.... PLENTY EYES SHALL BE OPENED, and the LIARS EXPOSED. Rest Assured
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Your antecedent of propagating falsehood on NL is not new. Asked to back up your claims with pictures they say speaks louder than 1,000 words you are running your mouth like Ghanaian red oil.

Is it a hard task for you to post pictures of the roads your claim is improving? Just last November here, the Minister openly admitted that only 35% of the approximately 36,000Km of the nations highway are passable and of the 35%, only 15% can be deemed okay. Yet you are here spewing rubbish and propagating falsehood.

Keep quiet there mumu. If you want to experience what I meant, drive from Abuja to my destination in Ekiti, and if you have ever driven the same stretch of road prior to now, you will see what I mean, rather and foolishly asking me to take pictures of a stretch of road. Dummy.

2 Likes

Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba: I never praised any road in the SW, I simply meant I travelled to the SW from Abuja, through the ongoing Abuja Lokoja dualisation project, through the Okene Ibilo Owo road and from my assessment, the contractors have improved pace on the Abuja Lokoja road, and FERMA has done a lot of rehabilitation on the Okene Ibilo Owo road. I never talked about roads in the SW before someone will use it to praise their ACN moda forkers.
Okene-Ibilo Owo road was constructed by Dantata and Sowe and was awarded as part of the PTDF project in 1998 or there about. Is this now being claimed as one of GEJ's reconstructed roads? Now we know what the fraudulent GGT is all about!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by koruji(m): 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
He he he...caught red-handed and confessing already? You should have named the patch-patch roads you were talking about and not make it seem like GEJ is doing anything in the SW.

Adura_ngba: I never praised any road in the SW, I simply meant I travelled to the SW from Abuja, through the ongoing Abuja Lokoja dualisation project, through the Okene Ibilo Owo road and from my assessment, the contractors have improved pace on the Abuja Lokoja road, and FERMA has done a lot of rehabilitation on the Okene Ibilo Owo road. I never talked about roads in the SW before someone will use it to praise their ACN moda forkers.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
koruji: He he he...caught red-handed and confessing already? You should have named the patch-patch roads you were talking about and not make it seem like GEJ is doing anything in the SW.

Confessing to what? You find it hard to understand, thats your problem, if you interpret it the way you like, its your cup of tea. Go and read my first comment again.

I can attest to the fact that the roads are improving, I travelled South West over the weekend and I saw by myself. Dont let anyone fool you, things are working. If they dont like it or dont want to hear it, they know how to keep quiet.

Where did I praise GEJ for doing roads in the SW? I simply said I travelled to the SW. buncun
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Keep quiet there mumu. If you want to experience what I meant, drive from Abuja to my destination in Ekiti, and if you have ever driven the same stretch of road prior to now, you will see what I mean, rather and foolishly asking me to take pictures of a stretch of road. Dummy.
I only asked you for pictures! I travel from Lagos to Abuja by road. I have photos of Itakpe/Okene road, Lokoja/Abuja, Lokoja/Benin, Benin/Sagamu and Lagos/Ibadan roads.

A colleague who just visited Nigeria after traveling from Lagos to Ogun, for the rest of two weeks could not dare travel by road instead elected to fly to Calabar, Akwa-Ibom, Abuja and Kano. So much of the propaganda He heard and He thought things have truly changed until He got the shocker of His life.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I only asked you for pictures! I travel from Lagos to Abuja by road. I have photos of Itakpe/Okene road, Lokoja/Abuja, Lokoja/Benin, Benin/Sagamu and Lagos/Ibadan roads.

A colleague who just visited Nigeria after traveling from Lagos to Ogun, for the rest of two weeks could not dare travel by road instead elected to fly to Calabar, Akwa-Ibom, Abuja and Kano. So much of the propaganda He heard and He thought things have truly changed until He got the shocker of His life.

Your mumu too much. How can you ask someone to take pictures of a stretch of road. Or you dont still realise your foolery here?
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Rossikk(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Honestly, it's absurd for Omo Tier to be asking you to take a picture of the road. A picture can only capture a tiny fraction of a ROAD. You cannot prove a road is good by ''taking a picture''. You need to travel on the road. Omo Tier can't do that because he's based abroad, so he gets a World Bank report instead to 'disprove' the general consensus.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Adurangba(f): 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Honestly, it's absurd for Omo Tier to be asking you to take a picture of the road. A picture can only capture a tiny fraction of a ROAD. You cannot prove a road is good by ''taking a picture''. You need to travel the road.

I wonder.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
koruji: He he he...caught red-handed and confessing already? You should have named the patch-patch roads you were talking about and not make it seem like GEJ is doing anything in the SW.

My brother they are not ashame! That was how they also claimed the roads constructed or being constructed by the ACN governor in Edo State was being done by GEJ until Osho baba exposed them on camera during one of the visit by the minister.

The ever busy Lagos/Ibadan expressway is yet to get any attention by the GEJ's governemnt. The Benin/sagamu expressway from Ofosun to Ore is still a dead zone for motorist.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Honestly, it's absurd for Omo Tier to be asking you to take a picture of the road. A picture can only capture a tiny fraction of a ROAD. You cannot prove a road is good by ''taking a picture''. You need to travel the road.
But we have been seeing pictures of roads constructed by Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Fashola, Amaechi, Okorocha on NL, right? Who do you folks think you are fooling?

Abeg show us picture! At least newly constructed or rehabilitated road has trade mark we all can attest to, whether it is few sections of the road or a snap shot of previously bad portions of the road will attest to your submission.
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Your mumu too much. How can you ask someone to take pictures of a stretch of road. Or you dont still realise your foolery here?
Simple question: Where are the pictures? We see pictures posted by the stupid insincere9nigeria of the half completed Enugu=P/H, and Onitsha/Owerri roads in His propaganda war breeze! Are you now telling me those road are only 100ft stretch Una mumu never do ?
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by OmoTier1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Honestly, it's absurd for Omo Tier to be asking you to take a picture of the road. A picture can only capture a tiny fraction of a ROAD. You cannot prove a road is good by ''taking a picture''. You need to travel on the road. Omo Tier can't do that because he's based abroad, so he gets a World Bank report instead to 'disprove' the general consensus.
Yes I am based abroad, but I travel to Nigeria than you probably visit your village! I see things for myself and I travel to North, West, East and South of Nigeria most times when I visit. I know areas GEJ's government has made bold statements and surely roads are not one of them. My camera is full of photos of Nigeria expressway. When I traveled from Lagos to Benin, I took pictures of several portions of that road and when I create a timeline of those shots, it clearly indicated the experience I had traveling on that road.

Lets stop acting foolishly and do the right thing: Post the pictures of the roads and let Nigerians see and commend those whose effort have brought about improvement or say otherwise!
Re: Transformation Of Nigerian Roads In The Last 2 Years by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
See sick ACN internet rats battling for survival on this thread. Even common sense has deserted them. There's no point arguing with some sick SENSELESS persons.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why APC May Dump Amaechi For Fashola •as Buhari’s Running Mate / Was Buhari Forced To Attend This Weddng (photo) / 5 Governors Who May Not Return To Power In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.