Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! (3960 Views)

Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,. / Armed Forces Radio Begins Live Transmission / Stations Caught Selling Above The N87, Will Have Its Licence Revoked – FG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by beyonce1(f): 1:18am On May 11, 2006
One man ( 'don't know his name )amongst them at the senate said something which everyone there found quite amusing He stated that people who hangs on to everlasting TERMS are most at the graveyard e.g + ABACHA !
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Seun(m): 1:35am On May 11, 2006
Actually, what he said was that the graveyard is full of indispensable people - people who are indispensable to their countries. Like Hitler, Stalin, and even Abacha!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by 4real(m): 2:21am On May 11, 2006
lol
this country is a joke
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by bolex(m): 5:42am On May 11, 2006
this country called Nigeria is messed up
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by emmie4j(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2006
pLease they better hold off on this madness till am done visiting Nigeria next month,,,,,I feel really sorry for guys that are stuck with this situation sad
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2006
As we all cant run for ever you know and you dont have to feel sorry for nobody cus your statement would only add more to the injury
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2006
In short, AIT wasnt closed afterall. I guess this is the handiwork of ATTA - Anti Third term Agenda. It couldnt be at all, I thought as much. Even when they tried it during the Bellview air crash, OBJ admonish the NBC for such abuse of office.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by DAMMYGLOW(f): 9:47am On May 11, 2006
where are we going in this country
am sick and tired of this obasanjo administration
everything is just like the the days of the military.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by pssword: 10:26am On May 11, 2006
This is not the work of any anti third term anything. Those pro TTA must have tried/threatened to close AIT down and it has backfired. There is no smoke without fire. Obj and his cohorts are destroying naija one mighty chunk at a time. Now we hear of oil industry execs being shot on the street and yu think this has nothing to do with the third term!!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by micklplus(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2006
Everything is just pathetic about this our dear country ! let us all be praying fervently for the betterment of our DEAR MOTHER LAND !
Cheers
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by nuggard(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2006
If Obasanjo goes for a third term I hope he dies!! I have searched for ait's website and I can't access it something about a temporary host>THink what you may.
anyone with ait's phone number please>
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 12:11pm On May 11, 2006
The only way out of this quagmire and imbroglio is for us to allow OBJ to continue in the office. Those politicians are the ones sabotaging his government, they are the one formenting trouble all over the places simply because Baba would not allow them to swindle us as they used to. Simply because Baba will not allow them to have a shot at the presidency. Baba means well for this nation, he knew those corrupt politicians are no good at all and they dont mean well for this country, that is why he want to die for us. Have any of those politician ready to die for this country? You will see them in bullet proof cars with sirens whenever the are passing? You will see them travelling abroad at any slight headache. If Baba allow them a shot at presidency, they will take us back to those bad days we have int he past. Cant we the masses see things for ourselves. All the good things that Baba did, they are trying to sabotage it so that we the masses would feel the pain and contibute to the voice that Baba must go. I always thought we should have been wiser by now, not taking to the antics of those politicians, they dont have anything good to offer us, it is only Baba that can step on their powerful toes, no wonder they dont want him anymore. Nigerians wake up, let us leave the fight for third term for them, it is not our fight. If we continue to support them, they will later in turn use our words against us. More is still coming from me to expose this selfish politician.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by sergio(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2006
U are a Bad man smiley
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by dannyxyz: 12:45pm On May 11, 2006
i really can't imagine what is going on in this country, when we are about moving on we then go five steps backward. the issues before obj entered govt are still pending e.g. electricity, good roads, portable drinking water, more job opportunities, provision of social amenities, access to funds with low interest rates for the sole properitor despite bank consolidation, quality telecommunication services, affordable and qualitative educational services and yet obj want to perpertuate himself in govt for another 12 years after the first 8 years it is really absurd, before he dies on that seat i advice him to resign honorably as for peace to reign.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by sergio(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2006
Sorry guys if i sound lost. Does this constitutional amendment mean that we will be having three terms of four years each, and surpossedly, our 'ever young' obj will start?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by diyobdw(f): 1:12pm On May 11, 2006
@dannyxyz:-before he dies on that seat i advice him to resign honorably as for peace to reign.
* thinking aloud! Maybe Baba intend to leave that sit for his grave or in disgrace. angry*
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Larufa(m): 1:47pm On May 11, 2006
OH My God,

We are back to Abacha Era.

Everybody should try and read "Last 100 days of Abacha" by Olusegun Adeniyi.

He who refused to learn from history, makes history to repeat itself.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by lawole: 1:56pm On May 11, 2006
Twinstaiye by your name i know you are a Yoruba man. Pls think about this senario, If Obj is allowed to do another 4 yr term and every other geopolitical zone will do their own 12yrs. It will take another 60yrs for another Yoruba to be President of Nigeria. That means, that Yoruba person  Male or Female is not alive as of today. In that if the person is born today, by the time Obj lives office in 2011 (hope he does not extend again) he or she will be 5yrs old add 60yrs to that, the person will be 65yrs old. You think by then people will vote for a 65 yrs old person to be president of Nigeria?
It means OBJ would have used up the quotas of 6 generations of Yorubas no matter how good and well endowed in their chosen field of work. No Yoruba can aspire to lead the country even if he is the most qualified person in Nigeria. All of these because of one man selfish interest.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by diyobdw(f): 2:34pm On May 11, 2006
There is some madness going on for sure undecided
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by rasque(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2006
Is anybody out there watching the bunch of criminals/clowns in the house of reps? They are just making noise like school pupils at a circus show.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by fidelisos: 5:20pm On May 11, 2006
I read from one of the newpapers that AIT was given 21 days ultimatum to dismantle their mast for network transmission located at Asokoro Abuja.
Be it as it may, i believe that Nigeria is not yet matured for true democracy.
The right of the media to educate and inform must be respected and must be seen to be respected.
Another poor job by this govt.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ndi(f): 5:35pm On May 11, 2006
This good for nothing Govt can do whatever they like but should leave AIT out of their useless politiking becauce i would definitely sue anybody that messes with my inability to watch CUANDO SEAS MIA. wink
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by wiseguy(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2006
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY? WE SHOULD PRAY O. I MEAN IT

OBASANJO AND HIS COHORTS SHOULD LEAVE NIGERIANS ALONE. GOD HAS BLESSED HIM MUCH MORE THAN ANY BODY IN THIS COUNTRY. WHAT IS HE LOOKING FOR AGAIN?

WE, NIGERIANS SHOULD RISE AGAINST THIS DICTATORSHIP. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Lasun(m): 6:11pm On May 11, 2006
We need an independent Instituition to monitor our broadcast organs,NBC has become another EFCC;a tool of victimization
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by nobledanie(m): 7:02pm On May 11, 2006
Its a shame that the leaders in this nation are just there as figure heads. Now if licenses are revoked for live coverage, maybe they will start arresting citizens for talking cos I still don't know why the OPC leaders are still in custody, dokubo and others what is happening in this nation? Shall we continue to sit down and see these old fools ruin our future OBJ am very positive that his grave has been dug!!!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by pal(f): 8:14pm On May 11, 2006
kissam a female residing in lagos nigeria. kiss
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by pal(f): 8:28pm On May 11, 2006
only GOD will save our country from chaos. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by somebody(f): 10:02pm On May 11, 2006
I think people should stop predicting doom for Nigeria come 2007. People, have faith, the God that delivered us from Abacha would definitely deliver us from Obasanjo and his cohorts. Personally, I think Nigerian youths should be more proactive and let their voices be heard on this third term issue. Believe it or not, it is our future these jokers are playing with.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Akolawole(m): 12:34am On May 12, 2006
Was AIT Licence revoked?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Seun(m): 4:40am On May 12, 2006
How do you know that?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by ababoy1(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2006
I still receive AIT here via BEN TV. It wouldn’t astonish if their licence was in fact revoked and someone saw some sense and decided not to see the whole thing thru.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 9:37am On May 12, 2006
lawole:

Twinstaiye by your name i know you are a Yoruba man. Please think about this senario, If Obj is allowed to do another 4 yr term and every other geopolitical zone will do their own 12yrs. It will take another 60yrs for another Yoruba to be President of Nigeria. That means, that Yoruba person Male or Female is not alive as of today. In that if the person is born today, by the time Obj lives office in 2011 (hope he does not extend again) he or she will be 5yrs old add 60yrs to that, the person will be 65yrs old. You think by then people will vote for a 65 years old person to be president of Nigeria?
It means OBJ would have used up the quotas of 6 generations of Yorubas no matter how good and well endowed in their chosen field of work. No Yoruba can aspire to lead the country even if he is the most qualified person in Nigeria. All of these because of one man selfish interest.
That is what we are talking about, the issue is not about whose tribe is the president, it is about Nigeria future, the masses and the future of our children. No matter where anyone who is ready to take Nigeria to higher height come from does not matter, so long as he is really performing, I think that should be bone of contention. This present politicians had failed us, they are the one who sold the ethnicity into our polity otherwise, we wouldnt have been saying a rotating presidency should be the best. Tell me, if it is the turn of a particular tribe and they dont have a credible candidate, do we still allow them to be president just because of ethnicity division.? Nigeria must move forward, and OBJ seems to ready to die in achieving this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#they Will Go And Drink A Drunk That Will Kill Them# Says; Patiance Jonathan# / South East Results Will Dissappoint GEJ. / Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.