Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" (1404 Views)

Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer / T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by deshysmalls(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Houston, Texas – CNN.com – April 2, 2013 – In a shocking and surprising development, megachurch pastor Joel Osteen has announced he is resigning from his post and leaving the Christian faith.

In a statement released on his website (http://www.joelostenministries.com), which appeared stripped down and bare, he said he has been questioning the faith for a long time. “I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God,” said Osteen.

http://joelosteenministries./2013/04/05/joel-osteen-resigns-cites-lack-of-faith-leaves-christianity/
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by tpia5: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
I'll check the link later, sounds kind of fake.

He still has his show on tv, saw him the other day.
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by tpia5: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Fake story, as far as i know.
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by JeSoul(f): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Its a Hoax. Learn to proof stories before posting sir smiley

Wasn't it just a few days ago I watched his interview on CNN?
http://www.inquisitr.com/608507/joel-osteen-resigns-hoax-says-famous-pastor-has-lost-his-faith-video/

It was recently reported that Joel Osteen, the senior pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, and a televangelist whose ministry reaches millions of viewers, has resigned from Christianity, citing a lack of faith in the validity of the Bible as the word of God.

Images of articles on CNN, Drudge Report and Yahoo News show headlines announcing Osteen’s resignation, but actual links to those articles were unable to be found. Instead, the announcement seemed to originate from a WordPress blog named Joel Osteen Ministries in which the only post is an alleged article from CNN claiming that the megachurch pastor released a statement on his website, Joel Osten Ministries.

Osteen’s “statement” reads in part, “I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God.” He goes on to say that he has informed his closest colleagues that he is leaving the church, which will continue in a “bare-bones fashion as we liquidate our assets and fulfill various financial obligations.”

The second clue that something is off about Osteen’s reported resignation is the final paragraph, which states that Osteen is having trouble transferring ownership of some of his ministry’s websites. So in case you were wondering why the website has only one “e,” it’s because it was the only website Osteen is able to control.

“I’m dealing with some church leaders who refuse to accept my resignation,” he says. “They are refusing to change or alter any of our many web sites, and this is the only one I have control over.”

A look at Joel Osteen’s official website reveals no indication that the 50-year-old, who has led Lakeview Church since 1999, has any intention of resigning.

The most recent article about Joel Osteen on CNN discusses the televangelist’s dismissal of the controversy over History Channel’s The Bible miniseries. Osteen, who is a consultant on the show, said he is not surprised by the show’s success.
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us ; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
1 john 2:19
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by ooman(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
^^^delusive self consolation

The world is now learning the truth - that there is no God.
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by honmusa(m): 6:26am On Apr 09, 2013
Re: Hoax! - "Joel Osteen Resigns, Cites ‘lack Of Faith’, Leaves Christianity" by Ken4Christ: 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
ooman: ^^^delusive self consolation

The world is now learning the truth - that there is no God.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (Psalms 14:1)

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Narrative On Curses Or Spell Casting / A Question For Well-rooted Christians / Is God Man-made? Did Man Create The Idea Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.