Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else (1913 Views)

Why Do Some Women Choose (freely) To Become Sex Workers? / Girls Do U Enjoy Robbing Ur Boobs On A Guys Shoulder In A Bus?my Experience / How Women Choose The Men They Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Abrantie: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Size matters when women look for a mate, a study finds, whether it’s the size of a man’s shoulders versus his hips, his height or anywhere else.

That’s the conclusion of Australian and Canadian scientists who studied what women look for in men. The research, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, was done to help develop a better understanding of sexual selection.

About 80 percent of 105 women queried cited a wide shoulder-to-hip ratio as being attractive, the study found, with the other 20 percent split equally between height and flaccid penis size. The researchers generated computer models in order to assess responses to various body dimensions.

“Mating behavior in general is important,” said Brian Mautz, a post-doctoral researcher in biology at the University of Ottawa, Canada who was the study author.

Facial symmetry and body shape are known to play a role in sexual selection. While the importance of the shoulder-to-hip ratio and of height is consistent with previous research, the finding on penis size was a surprise, Mautz said.

“Height and penis size had the same effect, and to me, that’s surprising,” Mautz said in a telephone interview. “We know taller men make more money, are more likely to have leadership positions and have more children. To have penis size have the equivalent effect was just, wow.”

Other things that may influence male attractiveness include body hair, movement, and other physical cues, Mautz said. This study “opens the door” to look at those as well, he said.

The researchers were funded by the Australian Research Council.

To contact the reporter on this story: Elizabeth Lopatto in San Francisco at elopatto@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-08/women-choose-mates-by-shoulder-size-first-research-suggests.html

-----------

The question now is, which criteria matters more to our African women. I can take a wild guess but you never know cheesy.
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by donem: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
Bring on the Next topic
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
No, It'sHisArmsHisArmsHisArmsHisArms cool
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Abrantie: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Flytefalls: No, It'sHisArmsHisArmsHisArmsHisArms cool

But the bigger the arms, the bigger the shoulder, no?
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Abrantie:

But the bigger the arms, the bigger the shoulder, no?
Bigger, wider, higher, deeper; I only see his arms. It's not-so-wonderful to know that his attraction plugs into a cold formula. Not when his arms are so warm embarassed
#sciencebedamned
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 09, 2013
No, It'sHisBrainHisBrainHisBrainHisBrain cool
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by ektbear: 7:13am On Apr 09, 2013
hehehe cheesy grin
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by pleep(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Flaccid joystick size, When does anyone ever see that?

Anyway... I have an Adonis-like hip to Sholder ratio and well..... wink the rest is wet steamy history
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by ektbear: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2013
adonis? Ijebu adonis or the greek one? cheesy

Anyway, we all know who here has shoulders as wide as the grand canyon...na ekt_bear, the reincarnation of Shango cheesy
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2013
Shollypopz: No, It'sHisBrainHisBrainHisBrainHisBrain cool
Hehe. Well, he should be cognitively capable of knowing the depth of love/affection an honest embrace will provide MyHeartMyHeartMyWarmBloodyEverPumpingForLoveHeart tongue
Re: Women Choose Mates By Shoulder Size First, Then Secondly By Something Else by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gatts the broadest shoulders and hell yeah, I'm 6ft +...

So, you know I gatts that thing in ________________(fill in the blank). tongue

(1) (Reply)

A Sequel To The Thread "Is Someone Having Sex With My Girlfriend" / What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend / Girls, Please Give Yourselves Little Dignity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.