Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! (627 Views)

Pictures From The Burial Of Margaret Umahi, Governor David Umahi's Mother / Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 / FOR THE RECORDS : Obasanjo's Letter To Margaret Thatcher On Apartheid South Afri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by citizenisb: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306564/Margaret-Thatcher-Public-anger-BBC-bias-Viewers-hit-lengthy-coverage-poll-tax-miners-strike.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306570/Weaned-Beebs-hatred-wonder-young-rejoice-death.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306165/Margaret-Thatcher-death-parties-The-Lefts-sick-celebration-Brixtons-streets.html

Unemployed Julian Styles, 58, who was made redundant from his factory job in 1984, said: ‘I’ve been waiting for that witch to die for 30 years.

‘Tonight is party time. I’m drinking one drink for every year I’ve been out of work.’

One man was arrested for violent disorder and it took police more than two hours to restore peace.

In Brixton, south London – scene of fierce riots in 1981 during Mrs Thatcher’s time as Prime Minister – more than 300 people began gathering on Monday afternoon chanting: ‘Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead.’ Among the crowds was Rahul Patel, 54, an IT worker carrying a banner proclaiming: ‘Rejoice Thatcher is dead’.

He said: ‘We are happy to be described as disrespectful. I am being disrespectful and I am glad of that. We are rejoicing, rejoicing her death.’

Emma Jones, 30, a teacher from south-west London, who had made a banner of Lady Thatcher with devil horns and blood dripping from her mouth, said: ‘There is still so much anger against her for so many reasons, which is why we are here today. It is symbolic.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306165/Margaret-Thatcher-death-parties-The-Lefts-sick-celebration-Brixtons-streets.html#ixzz2Q2eV4MMm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by TableLeg(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2013
ROT IN HELL Maggie Thatcher!

1 Like

Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by Afam4eva(m): 8:16am On Apr 10, 2013
I never knew this lady was soo hated?
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by redsun(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I never knew this lady was soo hated?
Afam4eva: I never knew this lady was soo hated?

She was a staunch tory and ordinary people don't like them,because they represent the very rich at all time.
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by citizenisb: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2013
This news has been under reported by the media who are trying to portray her as an angel. She has so much BLOOD on her hands for supporting APARTHEID in South Africa.
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by citizenisb: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2013
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disunited-in-mourning-police-fear-thatcher-funeral-may-turn-into-security-nightmare-8566452.html

Police officers are monitoring social media, internet forums and BlackBerry messaging networks in the expectation that Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession next Wednesday will be targeted by protesters.

The possibility of demonstrations during the funeral has raised concerns that police may adopt the controversial tactic of making pre-emptive arrests.

Plans appear to be under way for different groups to demonstrate during the funeral, and to hold celebrations around the country on the same day.

Police concerns have been fuelled by the impromptu street parties which broke out on Monday evening in Leeds, Bristol, Brixton, Liverpool and Glasgow – some of which resulted in arrests after clashes with officers.

Police and security-service planning for Baroness Thatcher's funeral has been under way for three and a half years. Officers will probably be required to line the route from the Houses of Parliament to St Paul's Cathedral to make sure that the cortège is not stopped.
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by citizenisb: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2013
Former miners in Easington, Co Durham, will mark the 20 years since their pit closed with a party on the day of her funeral. Alan Cummings, chairman of the Durham Miners' Association, said the timing of the events was "remarkable" and "one of those quirks", adding: "She couldn't be cremated on a better day."

He added: "We are inviting ex-miners and their families to go back over their memories of the strike and what has happened since the closure of the pit. I couldn't stand her. She had a very patronising manner and I could have put my foot through the television whenever I saw her on there.

"We opposed and hated everything she did. She has wrecked thousands and thousands of lives so, no, it's not in poor taste. We can understand why people are happy and rejoicing that she has gone because they remember these communities have never recovered."
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by citizenisb: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
Like Abacha, like Thatcher
Re: Death Parties Celebrating Margaret Thatchers Death!! by Rossikk(m): 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thatcher ruined many lives in Britain. She oversaw the destruction of British industry and the loss of millions of jobs there. No wonder they're celebrating.

(1) (Reply)

Voices Of Northern Groups Against Amnesty For Bokoharam / Ameachi To Be Given Sylvatrin A Treatment For Acute Gej(ititis) / Nearly 200 Killed In Latest Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.