Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit (20394 Views)

Obi, Obiano And Umeh At Offala Festival - Photos / Northern Leaders Conspired To Sabotage Jonathan – Umeh / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by luvlypie: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
THE ONLY CONSUMING FIRE I KNOW IS MY PERSONAL LORD AND SAVOUR
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nonybb: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Smh
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
This is Spiritism and a sin before the Most High. With this man, APGA is doomed.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Olodostein: This is Spiritism and a sin before the Most High. With this man, APGA is doomed.
Please go and eat dust with your imported fairy tale beliefs. We are Africans. You don't like it, go live in Europe with your "most high". Or better yet, move to Israel.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Christmasdon(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossiki, Bomb is in ur head Idiot.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
What sort of dumb comment is that? Which bomb?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Christmasdon(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
Going to the tomb to invoke whatever is a BIG SIN before GOD. Rossiki shut ur mouth.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Christmasdon: Going to the tomb to invoke whatever is a BIG SIN before GOD. Rossiki shut ur mouth.
No, YOU shut your slaveboy mouth, colonised GOAT. Who told you it was a sin? Some white fool who wanted to steal your land and resources by making you hate yourself and traditions. Take your dumb fairytale bible and stick it up your colonised assss.

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by dopesidez: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Table Leg :
Waste of time!
real waste of time.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by bknight: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
This thread will produce:
1. political war,
2. religious war and
3. tribal war.
Subscribe to ur choice. undecided
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
bknight: This thread will produce:
1. political war,
2. religious war and
3. tribal war.
Subscribe to ur choice. undecided
I'm ready for religious war. Let any fool come in here with their Christian nonsense and I'll show them something today. Rubbish. Do you see any traditionalist attacking Christians for their beliefs? Never. But when a traditionalist does his thing, these colonised pea brains will come out of the woodwork, hurling insults against them. I'm waiting! Animals.

4 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by hotwax: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
what are they doing? Calling their ancestors. Next time they will come here and mock Yorubas for doing the same. Hypocrites
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh: 1. Yorubas(Bluetooth, Dayokanu, Eko Ile etc) on Nairaland won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace..

2. APGA chieftains will always call him to come and settle their quarrels, so how can he rest??

3. His wife and children wake him up every week to come and share the properties he left...

4. MASSOB wakes him up every now and then to save them from the bullets of our gallant soldiers.

5. Rochas sent thugs to demolish his library abi na grave...
6. DAME PATIENCE JONATHAN CALLS ON HIS MANHOOD TO LIVE ON
.... AND HIS MANHOOD LIVES ON

Please when will this man be allowed to start resting??
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Aderupoko2: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
But what is 'agbari Ojukwu'?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Christmasdon(m): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossiki, what is wrong with ur head? Don't u know that Jesus is LORD.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by bknight: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossikk: I'm ready for religious war. Let any fool come in here with their Christian nonsense and I'll show them something today. Rubbish. Do you see any traditionalist attacking Christians for their beliefs? Never. But when a traditionalist does his thing, these colonised pea brains will come out of the woodwork, hurling insults against them. I'm waiting! Animals.

grin grin
Rossikk has chosen & is battle ready! The battle cry has sounded. Any match? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Christmasdon(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Believe in God. Too bad invoking spirits. [b][/b]
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by bluesaint(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
debetmx:

The evil that men do live after them and their is no resting place for the wicked. You forgot to add;

6. Agbam, Alale, Banjo and Ifeajuna (not really) will never allow him rest in peace afterall he too cowardly abandoned enugu.

7. The children who he killed while running away to Cote D'voire will never allow him rest in peace.

8. The people who died of starvation because he was asking for landing rights from humanitarian orgs. who brought food for his pple.

9. The expariate staff of eni agip who he killed in biafra would not allow him rest (peace is asking for too much.

10. All the civillians and officers who he locked in prison for not supporting his delusional thoughts when leading his people on their suicidal expedition (while he ran away with own children)
At lease you're a witness that greater woes have befallen the Nigerian nation after the pogrom.
I only feel ashamed for how the Igbo leaders are disgracing demslves in public.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Komedy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
debetmx:

The evil that men do live after them and their is no resting place for the wicked. You forgot to add;

6. Agbam, Alale, Banjo and Ifeajuna (not really) will never allow him rest in peace afterall he too cowardly abandoned enugu.

7. The children who he killed while running away to Cote D'voire will never allow him rest in peace.

8. The people who died of starvation because he was asking for landing rights from humanitarian orgs. who brought food for his pple.

9. The expariate staff of eni agip who he killed in biafra would not allow him rest (peace is asking for too much.

10. All the civillians and officers who he locked in prison for not supporting his delusional thoughts when leading his people on their suicidal expedition (while he ran away with own children)
yu deny a man eternal serenity because yu know of his sins? Who are yu? God? Wud yu like to rest in peace when yu die? Are yu with no sin?if yu hav sinned b4,may yu neva rest in peace wen yu die!.

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by papalbull(m): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=Our Yansh]1. Yorubas(Bluetooth, Dayokanu, Eko Ile etc) on Nairaland won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace..

2. APGA chieftains will always call him to come and settle their quarrels, so how can he rest??

3. His wife and children wake him up every week to come and share the properties he left...

4. MASSOB wakes him up every now and then to save them from the bullets of our gallant soldiers.

5. Rochas sent thugs to demolish his library abi na grave...

Please when will this man be allowed to start resting?

Well said
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
LOL seriously?!!!

Oh My grin grin grin

The last thing we need is more native doctor leaders please.
Later when calamities happen in the country e.g mass death incidences a la sacrifices to their deities, people will start crying.

Who in their right mind will elect someone with this disposition with demons?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
I seriously hope they didnt go to exhume and eat him sha
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
Komedy: my friend shut that thing yu call mouth.shut up!.
I didnt type what i wrote with my mouth. When will you people be liberated from this Ojukwu?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by SOMMADY: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
ARM OF RESPECT FOR DEAD BODIES....dis is rubbish...a big disgrace to christianity.....wen one dies,his body rests,his soul and spirit goes back to his creator....and not remain in his tomb or in any grave.....u owe ur obligations to God....and ask for help to lead from Him............NIJA MENTALITY.....WE NEED TO UPGRADE......dat reminds me....our churches nid to teach on such cases....and not breaking house hold and ancestral curses day after day.............
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by purpleclouds: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu: I seriously hope they didnt go to exhume and eat him sha

Are you worried they wont save you some?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Aderupoko2: But what is 'agbari Ojukwu'?
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossikk: Please go and eat dust with your imported fairy tale beliefs. We are Africans. You don't like it, go live in Europe with your "most high". Or better yet, move to Israel.

O boy, you go Explode ooooh ....

Singing# the Fool aka Rossikk is saying I;
Olodostein your God is dead;
But I and I know, Jah! Jah!
dread fool, fool dread, Dread I !

It's only a fool who lean upon his own understanding. I understand you are smarter than that Rossikk. If a nation is not guided by God, the people will lose self-control, but the nation that obeys God's law will be happy smiley.

Your confidence is superficial buddy. E dey fade ooo cheesy . Jah Live cool
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
[b]
Aderupoko2: But what is 'agbari Ojukwu'?

Ojukwu, said Stephan, was a supporter of the 15 January 1966 coup, the first in the country’s history. “He sympathised with the January 1966 plot makers, but was careful enough to avoid any overplayed attachment to them. Ojukwu told me later that it had been him who had requested General (Aguiyi) Ironsi to crush the coup and that he had stopped the General from being arrested.”

Ojukwu during Biafra war

On 8 April 1967 in Enugu, while meeting with Suzanne Cronje, author of The World and Nigeria: The Diplomatic History of the Biafran War, 1967-1970, Ojukwu said: “On January 15, I was the one who advised Ironsi to stand as the head of the army, call for support and then organise the various units that would immediately support, so that the rebels, who were bound to be few and already committed, would suddenly find that the whole thing was phasing away.”

For this support, Ironsi rewarded Ojukwu with an appointment as governor, reckoned Stephan. “Obviously on the grounds of thankful feelings, the General (Ironsi) made him Military Governor of the Eastern provinces. I know Ojukwu as a man of more than average intelligence, extraordinary versatility, high eloquence and remarkable personal charm. But there are two characteristics in that man that are not realised by many people for a long time: his greed for power and his ability to charm and enchant the masses: a demagogue,” Stephan told the German people in the broadcast.

A similarly unflattering verdict on Ojukwu’s personality was delivered by Chief Richard Akinjide, the man who later became Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.

A US document of 11 September 1969 quoted Akinjide as telling Mr. Strong, American consul in Ibadan, that “he (Ojukwu) suffers from Hitler-like megalomania”.

Akinjide explained to Strong that as a child, Ojukwu was rejected because his father strongly denied that he was solely responsible for the pregnancy that led to him, arguing that other mysterious force or forces may have been at work as well. His mother, claimed Akinjide, was a mistress his multimillionaire father, Sir Louis Ojukwu, acquired on one of his business trips to the North. Being a devout Catholic, Sir Louis refused to keep the boy in his house in Lagos, preferring to send him back to the North, where he was born and where his mother made a living as a trader. Ojukwu, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru, in the present day Niger State.

As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise him as a son. According to Akinjide, Sir Loius agreed to do so, but the boy became something of an embarrassment to him, the reason for which he sent him to school in England, where he made it into Oxford University.

Akinjide, a member of the Nigerian National Democratic Party, NNDP and federal minister in the First Republic, said: “When Ojukwu returned to Nigeria, he tried to get a job with the Nigerian Tobacco Company, NTC, but was turned down.” Akinjide speculated on how Nigerian history might have panned out if NTC had given Ojukwu a job. “Instead, he drifted into the civil service and was given a post as Assistant District Officer at a bush post in the East. He was unhappy in this position,” claimed Akinjide, because he felt his talents undervalued.

Seeking a surer road to power and influence, he joined the army. And because of the top-tier education he had acquired in England, he was soon sent to the elite Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in the UK. Akinjide believed Ojukwu’s career and personality could be explained as an endless effort to gain the recognition he was denied early in life and to show his father and the society that rejected him how wrong they were. “Ojukwu was subconsciously seeking revenge for his early rejection. A man so driven is not subject to rational dissuasion from the course on which he has set himself,” he told Strong.

In another document dated 19 September1969 and titled Psyching Out Ojukwu, Strong narrated the story he and Colonel Adeyinka Adebayo, Military Governor of Western State, were told over lunch by Nnamdi Azikiwe. Azikiwe said the reason he was hated by Ojukwu was because “at one point, he (Azikiwe) had settled a dispute between Ojukwu and his father, which had already reached the proportion where Ojukwu had threatened to shoot his father.” Azikiwe told the private gathering that Ojukwu’s father was a very good friend of his and he prevailed on Ojukwu not to carry out his threat. Since then, Azikiwe said, Ojukwu had been very unfriendly towards him.

According to Chief N.U. Akpan, Ojukwu’s secretary before and during the war, the first orders Ojukwu gave when he resumed as military governor on 19 January 1966 were to “remove Azikiwe as the Chancellor of University of Nsukka, cut off all incomes accruing to him from his properties in Nsukka and order African Continental Bank to recover forthwith all overdrafts or loans outstanding against Azikiwe or any companies and business establishments with which he might have been associated”. Azikiwe told the American consul: “Perhaps, I offended him by preventing him from shooting his father.”

Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s assessment of the Biafran leader was not very dissimilar to Akinjide’s view of him as a man who sought to control everything around him. Reviewing his own efforts, undertaken at considerable personal risk to find an accommodation with Ojukwu before he declared the secession in May 1967, Awolowo told US Ambassador Elbert Matthews on 24 August 1967 in Lagos that he was convinced it was impossible to negotiate with Ojukwu, who was seeking to bring the whole of southern Nigeria under his control. He described Ojukwu as being committed to conquest, not secession. According to the Periodic Intelligence Note complied on the Nigerian situation by Thomas L. Hughes, Director of Intelligence and Research, submitted to US Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, the “chief target” of Ojukwu’s “seizure of Midwest” was the Yoruba. “Should this large tribe, numbering eight million or more, choose to join Ojukwu in a move to oust northerners from southern Nigeria, the rump Nigerian federation would come apart…The Yorubas, riven by past divisions and in no mood to pull Ojukwu’s chestnuts out of the fire (rescue Ojukwu), are undecided. They have tended to side with the Gowon government ever since their principal spokesman, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, agreed to join it last June. At the same time, the fear of northern domination remains strong…Awolowo rallied towards the Federation when Gowon, himself a northerner, showed he meant to break up the once monolithic North by decreeing several newstates there,” the US intelligence estimate stated.

Culled from American Secrets Files on Ojukwu[/b]

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by eldoc2003(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossikk: I'm ready for religious war. Let any fool come in here with their Christian nonsense and I'll show them something today. Rubbish. Do you see any traditionalist attacking Christians for their beliefs? Never. But when a traditionalist does his thing, these colonised pea brains will come out of the woodwork, hurling insults against them. I'm waiting! Animals.
Rossik ejo, no fight o
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by normaljenny(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
spiritfada: •Why I am standing behind Umeh – Ojukwu (Jnr.)

Few hours after the Court of Appeal Enugu reinstated Chief Victor Umeh as national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Umeh and his team yesterday invoked the spirit of the late leader of the party Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba Nnewi to lead them in the remaining battle ahead.

Umeh with his team and supporters including Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) drove straight to Nnewi to Ojukwu’s mausoleum.

He assured the spirit of the late Ikemba that the party (APGA) he left in his care would not die and that the Appeal Court has returned him as the party national chairman.

He said: “The great leader of APGA, we are here to invoke your spirit and to reassure you that the party you left in our hands will not die. You have confidence in us and our great APGA has become a household name in Nigeria. We have our members in the Senate, House of Representatives and States Houses of Assemblies.

“But soon after you left, selfish individuals as locusts decided to destroy our great party. We strongly believe that with your spirit our enemies will be defeated. No one can claim to know you better than us. We know that you are a consuming fire, we call upon you to rise and destroy all our enemies as you have already started your work on them.

Speaking to newsmen later he said, “12 days ago he came to me in a dream, he was calling me the way he used to call me any time I came to see him and I knew that when he was calling me he was asking me to be strong. So today the Court of Appeal answered my prayer, I’ve informed him and believe you me everything I told him he heard them.

That was our relationship. I was very close to him and he knew what we represented. He knew that I knew the journey where he wanted us to be so I’ve told him that we are back and of course I’ve assured him we are working with his son Emeka Ojukwu who is now on the Board of Trustees replacing him. Also speaking, Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) said he is strongly behind Umeh because his late father was behind him till he passed on and because his cause was a right one.

Meanwhile, Sylvester Nwobu Alor, an uncle to Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State and his Special Adviser on Parks and Markets, said the party is unperturbed by the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Enugu granting the embattled National Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance(APGA), Victor Umeh a stay of execution. According to him, the court cannot stop an action that has already taken place and since the national convention was held before the court judgment, it cannot take effect.

His words: Umeh had gone to the Appeal Court to grant him a stay of execution which meant that the judgment given by the High Court should not be carried out until the determination of a substantive suit which we filed. Yesterday, he was given a judgment in his favour in terms of the execution of the high court judgment.

Unfortunately for him, I do not think that the judgment means much because we have already conducted the convention according to the High Court judgment and the members of the national executive had been elected before the Court of Appeal gave its own judgment.

If the court grants a restraining order for an action, that order can take place before and not after such an action. What he was asking the court to stop has already taken place and you cannot ask the court to stop what has already taken place.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/umeh-visits-ojukwus-tomb-invokes-spirit/

I have really lost faith in all our so call leaders. But I still have faith in the youths of this country. These people are all criminals
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by normaljenny(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
spiritfada: •Why I am standing behind Umeh – Ojukwu (Jnr.)

Few hours after the Court of Appeal Enugu reinstated Chief Victor Umeh as national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Umeh and his team yesterday invoked the spirit of the late leader of the party Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba Nnewi to lead them in the remaining battle ahead.

Umeh with his team and supporters including Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) drove straight to Nnewi to Ojukwu’s mausoleum.

He assured the spirit of the late Ikemba that the party (APGA) he left in his care would not die and that the Appeal Court has returned him as the party national chairman.

He said: “The great leader of APGA, we are here to invoke your spirit and to reassure you that the party you left in our hands will not die. You have confidence in us and our great APGA has become a household name in Nigeria. We have our members in the Senate, House of Representatives and States Houses of Assemblies.

“But soon after you left, selfish individuals as locusts decided to destroy our great party. We strongly believe that with your spirit our enemies will be defeated. No one can claim to know you better than us. We know that you are a consuming fire, we call upon you to rise and destroy all our enemies as you have already started your work on them.

Speaking to newsmen later he said, “12 days ago he came to me in a dream, he was calling me the way he used to call me any time I came to see him and I knew that when he was calling me he was asking me to be strong. So today the Court of Appeal answered my prayer, I’ve informed him and believe you me everything I told him he heard them.

That was our relationship. I was very close to him and he knew what we represented. He knew that I knew the journey where he wanted us to be so I’ve told him that we are back and of course I’ve assured him we are working with his son Emeka Ojukwu who is now on the Board of Trustees replacing him. Also speaking, Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) said he is strongly behind Umeh because his late father was behind him till he passed on and because his cause was a right one.

Meanwhile, Sylvester Nwobu Alor, an uncle to Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State and his Special Adviser on Parks and Markets, said the party is unperturbed by the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Enugu granting the embattled National Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance(APGA), Victor Umeh a stay of execution. According to him, the court cannot stop an action that has already taken place and since the national convention was held before the court judgment, it cannot take effect.

His words: Umeh had gone to the Appeal Court to grant him a stay of execution which meant that the judgment given by the High Court should not be carried out until the determination of a substantive suit which we filed. Yesterday, he was given a judgment in his favour in terms of the execution of the high court judgment.

Unfortunately for him, I do not think that the judgment means much because we have already conducted the convention according to the High Court judgment and the members of the national executive had been elected before the Court of Appeal gave its own judgment.

If the court grants a restraining order for an action, that order can take place before and not after such an action. What he was asking the court to stop has already taken place and you cannot ask the court to stop what has already taken place.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/umeh-visits-ojukwus-tomb-invokes-spirit/

I have really lost faith in all our so call leaders. But I still have faith in the youths of this country. These people are all criminals, all of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Prepares Massive Operation To Retake Baga, Others - Daily Trust / Ben Bruce Offers To ‘bring Together’ Bishop Kukah And President Buhari / Speakership: Gbajabiamila Adjourns Plenary Indefinitely Over Fear Of Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.