Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west (1455 Views)

Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by kaze4blues(m): 2:33am On Jun 17, 2013
Former Petroleum Minister, Prof. Tam David-West, says the only reason Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State is being harrassed by some political forces is his refusal to be anybody’s ‘Yes man’.
Prof. David-West, speaking on a radio programme in Port Harcourt, also asked President Goodluck Jonathan to be wary of the Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark and leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari. He said neither of them had the powers to make him win the 2015 election.
David-West showered encomiums on General Muhammadu Buhari, who he said stood tall when compared to President Jonathan in terms of achievement as Nigeria’s leader.
According to the former minister, Amaechi has had to fight alleged injustice of ceding oil wells belonging to Rivers State in the Kalabari axis to President Jonathan’s Bayelsa State.
This, he said has not gone down well with some people.
He added: “I am not a politician. No amount of money in the world can make me to change my mind. I support causes, not persons. What has Amaechi done wrong? He has not done anything wrong. Professional praise singers are making millions of naira through the crisis.

“Those who said Amaechi has received N2.4 trillion since he became Rivers governor, without commensurate projects on the ground, are talking rubbish. The Kalabari people fighting Amaechi are not serious. They are not more Kalabari than me. Amaechi has not disappointed Kalabari people.”
Pressed to assess President Jonathan’s achievements, he said: “I am an unapologetic critic of President Jonathan. I do not support you because you are an Ijaw person, from the South South zone or a Niger Deltan. I support performers. Twenty four per cent of Jonathan’s votes came from the South South.
“It is completely illogical to say Jonathan must be re-elected in 2015, because he is a South South man. Jonathan is not a South South President, but the President of Nigeria.
“Clark, Dokubo-Asari and others cannot save Jonathan in 2015. In an interview in a national newspaper on June 15, 2012, Dokubo-Asari declared that Jonathan would not go beyond 2015 as President. Why is he speaking from both sides of his mouth?
“You cannot compare one hundred Jonathans to one Buhari. I will always give my support to Buhari. He is the finest man I have ever known. Negative things that they say about him are not factual. I will continue to work for Buhari.
“Corruption is the bane of Nigeria. Buhari is against corruption. Buhari is not corrupt. He is very clean and disciplined. Election rigging is worse than armed robbery. Buhari wants free, fair and credible elections in Nigeria.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/100-jonathans-cannot-be-compared-to-buhari-tam-david-west.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:04am On Jun 17, 2013
If Ruben Abati or Doyin Okupe reply this Senseless statement from a confused man called Tam David West, Lai Muhammed and APC supporters would begin to lecture them about decorum and foul language.

1 Like

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by bigt2(m): 3:27am On Jun 17, 2013
Can someone find a beeper for these kid politiciansthey should learn to talk like Biggy!!
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by dayokanu(m): 3:58am On Jun 17, 2013
Well said Professor West

I would rather listen to Professor than the thug Asari

1 Like

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by icedee1: 4:55am On Jun 17, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: If Ruben Abati or Doyin Okupe reply this Senseless statement from a confused man called Tam David West, Lai Muhammed and APC supporters would begin to lecture them about decorum and foul language.
,why don't u have some respect and view ur own opinion instead of insulting an elderly man,he gave is opinion simply give ur without insult

1 Like

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by personal59: 5:00am On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmmmmm. Ok o
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by martyns303(m): 5:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Prof. West and Asari are related but the two men are always in a fued, years back West had sued Asari to court that he (Asari) had planned to kill him. So its no surprise why West would want to stand against anything Asari. Now talking about integrity, is this not the same West who after divorcing his wife, asked her to return everything he ever bought for her? He personally went to her place to pick up a gas cooker he bought. My 2 cent on both men, am just concerned abt GEJ
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Goddex: 6:30am On Jun 17, 2013
Old age is obviously catching up on this man Who doesn't even have any rightful place back home.
Tam David West does not have an iota of
influence in River state politics. Sorry, if Buhari or APC is counting on him.

Ameachi is now scampering for supporters from all corners to feature in PH FM Radio to drum up support for him. That is good. We shall see how this show of supremacy ends.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by gbanikiti(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2013
The only Petroleum Minister who is not corrupt because he served under Buhari's regime. Can you ever compare Tam David West to Dan Etete and Dieziani Allison Madueke who are products of corrupt Government? The man has indeed spoken well! Buhari remains the best President Nigeria had and will ever have.

SAI BUHARI 2015! cool cool

1 Like

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by kontrolbaba(m): 6:56am On Jun 17, 2013
Its a fact. Inshot, dis naija tire pesin.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by gerrardomendes(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2013
tel him his time has passed
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by AbuMikey(m): 7:39am On Jun 17, 2013
He ain't serious!,He's just kidding!!
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by homesteady(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2013
Like seriously!! People are still praising buhari Even northern's are condemning him now!! Abeg david west!! After what you did to your wife!! You still have the guts to speak in public!! You are a disgrace to men
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by jjcbuthot: 8:38am On Jun 17, 2013
homesteady: Like seriously!! People are still praising buhari Even northern's are condemning him now!! Abeg david west!! After what you did to your wife!! You still have the guts to speak in public!! You are a disgrace to men

Keep deceiving yourself. I am a southerner and we will ensure Buhari win in the south in 2015.

Can you name those northerners speaking against Buhari?

And also tell us those northerners praising GEJ.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Gbawe: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2013
David-West is right even if some on this forum are too childishly partisan to note the point he makes. For example, Nigeria, in today's ultra-competitive universe where we cannot afford to lose grounds, should be beyond entertaining a clueless and corrupt President who receives direct transformational recommendations he should implement immediately.

Yet, rather than seeing GEJ swing into action, the world watches appalled as our President arrogantly discredit and then ignore those recommendations pivotal to the progress of Nigeria. We should all be sophisticated enough to reject such a character for the sake of national progress. That many cannot even minimally see the wrongs of GEJ, and even prefer to insult the likes of David-West, is explanation enough for where we are today because Nigerian leaders do not come from Mars. They are products of our society.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by egift(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Give us Buhari/Fashola (2015-2019)

- War against corruption
- Landmark projects
- Infrastructural development
- Sound economic policies
- Good foreign policies
- Agricultural Independence
- Boost in Educational
- Youth Empowerment
- And many more...

Nigerians are the only ones that that save themselves or remain in this perpetual suffering.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by skyfall: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2013
Well, said Prof.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Shakara123(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Those who fear Buhari in power come 2015 are mostly the currupt or those who have currupt friends or relatives in power or those who indirectly benefit from the present system where curruption is the order of the day.

Others are those who fear for what that man will do to them when he gets to power knowing fully well how much evil they have inflicted on Nigerians, hence they will do everything possible to keep him off Aso Rock.

We need JACK BAUER in this country. President Charles Logan...hmmm
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Gbawe: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Shakara123: Those who fear Buhari in power come 2015 are mostly the currupt or those who have currupt friends or relatives in power or those who indirectly benefit from the present system where curruption is the order of the day.

Others are those who fear for what that man will do to them when he gets to power knowing fully well how much evil they have inflicted on Nigerians, hence they will do everything possible to keep him off Aso Rock.

We need JACK BAUER in this country. President Charles Logan...hmmm

you are 100% correct. For example, if it is President Buhari that recieved the recommenation we stop selling our crude through traders, because doing so abets monumental theft and corruption against Nigeria, then the practice will stop even before Ribadu has finished talking !!!! Not so with the man currently occupying Aso rock who is a crude joke and the subject of international ridicule. The entire world knows that GEJ loves corrupt Nigerians and those who are corrupt love him dearly also. whereas most of them will literally run away faster than Usain Bolt if Buhari became President.

1 Like

Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Beaf1: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well said Prof. THe records are there for everyone to see.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by stebell(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
I'm surprised dat yu peeps in dis forum don't kno about de prophesy dat Buhari can never rule dis country again. Keep dreaming team Buhari. He's tried hw many tyms and still fail. Team Buhari, keep encouraging him to contest. He'll still fail.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by stebell(m): 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
I'm surprised dat yu peeps in dis forum don't kno about de prophesy dat Buhari can never rule dis country again. Keep dreaming team Buhari. He's tried hw many tyms and still fail. Team Buhari, keep encouraging him to contest. He'll still fail. Go ask ur Imams, pastors D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ kno about it. Yu are here praising him. I laff una
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Beaf1: 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
stebell: I'm surprised dat yu peeps in dis forum don't kno about de prophesy dat Buhari can never rule dis country again. Keep dreaming team Buhari. He's tried hw many tyms and still fail. Team Buhari, keep encouraging him to contest. He'll still fail.

^
Prophesy by whom?
If you are sure he will fail then why are you sweating? Relax and pay less attention to Team Buhari let them "dream" on.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Zet72(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: The only Petroleum Minister who is not corrupt because he served under Buhari's regime. Can you ever compare Tam David West to Dan Etete and Dieziani Allison Madueke who are products of corrupt Government? The man has indeed spoken well! Buhari remains the best President Nigeria had and will ever have.

SAI BUHARI 2015! cool cool
Will shut up, u yeroba wanna bee
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by stebell(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Prophesy by whom?
If you are sure he will fail then why are you sweating? Relax and pay less attention to Team Buhari let them "dream" on.
Why wud I sweat wen I already kno de outcome if he is eventually given de green light to face GEJ. I jus chill D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ play chess. Waiting for 2015 to come.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Christmysaviour: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
I am not surprised with the way people condemn Buhari, its because many of you were not born at the time he ruled so you can criticize him based on what you're told. Only Buhari can fight corruption in this country because that is what is killing this country fast, he has done it before he'll do it again. People are given JOB when they apply for based on their qualification and records not where they come from or the language they speak. Its time y'all should wake up and stop this useless abuses on a true Nigerian, the person of Buhari.

I am from south south, let us call a spade a spade. 1 Buhari is far better than 100 Jonathan.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by stebell(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Christmysaviour: I am not surprised with the way people condemn Buhari, its because many of you were not born at the time he ruled so you can criticize him based on what you're told. Only Buhari can fight corruption in this country because that is what is killing this country fast, he has done it before he'll do it again. People are given JOB when they apply for based on their qualification and records not where they come from or the language they speak. Its time y'all should wake up and stop this useless abuses on a true Nigerian, the person of Buhari.

I am from south south, let us call a spade a spade. 1 Buhari is far better than 100 Jonathan.
Simple question to yu. Were yu born at de tym Buhari ruled dis country? That man Prof Tam has no root in ND. He's looking for relevance dats why yu hear him now. Go and google his name see if yu will find any meaningful project in ND credited to his name. Fresh Air jare.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Jaideyone(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jonah is taking jabs from all angle cheesy
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Christmysaviour: 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
stebell: Simple question to yu. Were yu born at de tym Buhari ruled dis country? That man Prof Tam has no root in ND. He's looking for relevance dats why yu hear him now. Go and google his name see if yu will find any meaningful project in ND credited to his name. Fresh Air jare.

Yes I am! I stand to be corrected, I'm sure you are not.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by favouredseed(f): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Another senseless talk from an irrelevant prof, abi u wan make Jonah notice u and make u busy like Abati ni ?
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
I agree with him and before 2015 if I don't any reasonable projects by jeg,I will be left with no option than to support buhari.
Re: 100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west by PrinceB1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
"Buhari was one-time Minister of Petroleum and we have good records of his tenure as minister, {over $2.8Billion was stolen by Buhari and seen in his UK Bank}.

Secondly, he also presided over the Petroleum Trust Fund ( PTF) which records we also have, {where Billions of Naira was unaccounted for and same amount given out on consultancy Companies that Buhari has interest in}.

We challenge him to come out with clean hands in those two portfolios he headed. Or, we will help him to expose his. “Records of performance during those periods. - Gen Ibrahim Babangida.

Is this a good Records? Let him clear him self.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Beware, Revolution Is Coming Soon– T.B Joshua / Fresh Plot To Impeach Goodluck Jonathan Looms; Ibb, Obj, G7 Gov,involved / Photo: See How See How These Bauchi Students Are Writing Their Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.