Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty (7913 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna / Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2013
CHRISTIAN YOUTHS REJECT AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM, THREATENS VIOLENCE

Written by Paschal Okeke -Abuja Thursday, 11 April 2013 02:48

AS the Federal Government buckles under the pressure to consider granting amnesty to the Boko Haram sect, the Youth Wing of the Christian Association of Nigeria (YOWICAN) has threatened violence if the plan is carried out.

YOWICAN, whose membership cut across the six geopolitical zones in the country, said thatrather than considering amnesty to the group, the Federal Government should immediately arrest Senators Ahmed Zanna and Buka Ibrahim for their alleged involvement in the activities of the violent sect.
Addressing journalists in Abuja on Wedenesday, the president of the religious group, Dr Simon Dolly, warned that the “planned amnesty for murderers is potentially dangerous to Nigeria and Nigerians because it is a clarion call to more terrorism in Nigeria.”

Dolly said President Jonathan must be reminded that the fact that the Boko Haram sect insurgency had come to send jitters into the spine of the people would not confirm absolute power to unleash violence, stressingthat “nobody has the monopoly of violence.”

He said: “In case the Federal Government is contemplating granting amnesty to willful murderers masquerading as political and religious insurgents who do not respect the basic tenets of humanity and the Constitutionof the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the FederalGovernment should be prepared to face perhaps more deadly and sophisticated response.

“We ask Mr President to go all out for these Boko Haram members by consolidating on the gains made by the various security agencies and to arrest those whose utterances and actions have implicated them.”

Dolly admonished President Goodluck Jonathan to be wary of some politicians in the North who felt they could use the issue ofthe Boko Haram insurgency to correct the anomalies they created while in power.

“We appeal to the president not to be cowed by politicians and few misfits and naturally rebellious persons in the North who are attempting to use the Boko Haram insurgency as a bait to correct what they have failed to do while they were in power,” he stated.

Rather than engaging in a wide goose chase,the group insisted that what could bring lasting peace to the restive Northern region, the Federal Government should immediately return all missionary schools to their rightful owners, build “Christian Vocational Centres” in the 36 states of the Federation, including Abuja.

The group further demanded the employment of Christian Religious Knowledgeteachers in the North.

On the Federal Government SURE-P, YOWICAN, noted that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the programme, it had turned outto be a sham and a deceit.

The group said,”On the current SURE-P programme, we observed with dismay that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the subsidy re-investment with good promises, the programme has turned out to be a sham and complete deceit.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9346-christian-youths-reject-amnesty-for-boko-haram-threatens-violence
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2013
With this Amnesty,The FG is gonna create more problem for Nigeria(ns) beyond Her(FG) capability......

The security agencies must be empowered not necessarily with trillions of Naira but the enabling environment for the security agents to operate.........

FG shd thrend softly else,they are gonna boil the nation....!!!!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by israel007: 8:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Honestly shocked that FG is considering amnesty for this boys. Soon another sect would spring up

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by seunfly: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2013
I have said it b4 that Nigerian gov is giving encouragement to bad things such as corruption, insecurity, lawlessness and favouritism. Each sucesive gov have compromised too much since military era just to consolidate their own power rather that give good governance. Jonathan has over do his own partialy due to 2015 ambition and his minority status.
Now a non violent peaple who is managing the situation we find our self will result to gov body language and the parson waiting 4 justice for the voilence papetrated against him or his peaple will be broken hearted because the voilent peaple has been compeciated instead of justice.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by kkkp: 9:28am On Apr 11, 2013
Afterall most ppl killed by boko haram n security agents r muslims bt d media kip painting it as if dey r xtians..d Northern xtians knw dis..*** gov must give dem amnesty lyk it or nt

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2013
Who are CHRISTIAN Youths?! Are they the same people as Unemployed youths?!

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by segelity(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2013
why granting amnesty in the 1st place.yeye president.God go punish all of dem wey wan spoil democrazy cry

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by 50calibre(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2013
As a Christian myself, I quite share some of their concerns and reservations. An obvious alternative is to arm every Christian with a gun and sufficient rounds and giving them the liberty to shoot any Muslim who exhibits the slightest sign of aggression.

Even Elijah in the bible, commanded fire to consume the prophets of bahl.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by palugycolina(m): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2013
after giving boko arams amnesty..be ready to give all nigerian graduates amnesty as well.. Just because i dont walk around wit a gun or matchet does not mean..i am a coward..

12 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by nairaman66(m): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2013
To Mr Ebele Goodluck Jonathan, I suggest you create a platform/committee,

* To SCRAP the Amnesty given to the NigerDelta Militants with immediate effect.
* SCRAP the SURE-P project because it is a SHAM.
* Never to think about granting BH boys Amnesty at all.
* Pay Social Security to all Nigerian Youths, expect ally those in the NigerDelta, even those in diaspora should benefit.
* Increase Minimum Wage Structure for Civil Servants.
* Decrease the wanton embezzlement in form of salaries to both the House of Reps and The Senate.
* Increase the monthly allowance of the NYSC without delay.
* Pass a Bill for CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for corruption at all levels/arms of Government.

Only then we'll know what you truly mean by -Fresh Air grin.

A Stitch In Time, Saves Nine!!

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Apr 11, 2013
donroxy: CHRISTIAN YOUTHS REJECT AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM, THREATENS VIOLENCE

Written by Paschal Okeke -Abuja Thursday, 11 April 2013 02:48

AS the Federal Government buckles under the pressure to consider granting amnesty to the Boko Haram sect, the Youth Wing of the Christian Association of Nigeria (YOWICAN) has threatened violence if the plan is carried out.

YOWICAN, whose membership cut across the six geopolitical zones in the country, said that rather than considering amnesty to the group, the Federal Government should immediately arrest Senators Ahmed Zanna and Buka Ibrahim for their alleged involvement in the activities of the violent sect.
Addressing journalists in Abuja on Wedenesday, the president of the religious group, Dr Simon Dolly, warned that the “planned amnesty for murderers is potentially dangerous to Nigeria and Nigerians because it is a clarion call to more terrorism in Nigeria.”

Dolly said President Jonathan must be reminded that the fact that the Boko Haram sect insurgency had come to send jitters into the spine of the people would not confirm absolute power to unleash violence, stressing that “nobody has the monopoly of violence.”

He said: “In case the Federal Government is contemplating granting amnesty to willful murderers masquerading as political and religious insurgents who do not respect the basic tenets of humanity and the Constitutionof the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the FederalGovernment should be prepared to face perhaps more deadly and sophisticated response.

“We ask Mr President to go all out for these Boko Haram members by consolidating on the gains made by the various security agencies and to arrest those whose utterances and actions have implicated them.”

Dolly admonished President Goodluck Jonathan to be wary of some politicians in the North who felt they could use the issue of the Boko Haram insurgency to correct the anomalies they created while in power.

“We appeal to the president not to be cowed by politicians and few misfits and naturally rebellious persons in the North who are attempting to use the Boko Haram insurgency as a bait to correct what they have failed to do while they were in power,” he stated.

Rather than engaging in a wide goose chase,the group insisted that what could bring lasting peace to the restive Northern region, the Federal Government should immediately return all missionary schools to their rightful owners, build “Christian Vocational Centres” in the 36 states of the Federation, including Abuja.

The group further demanded the employment of Christian Religious Knowledge teachers in the North.

On the Federal Government SURE-P, YOWICAN, noted that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the programme, it had turned outto be a sham and a deceit.

The group said,”On the current SURE-P programme, we observed with dismay that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the subsidy re-investment with good promises, the programme has turned out to be a sham and complete deceit.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9346-christian-youths-reject-amnesty-for-boko-haram-threatens-violence

What exactly is christian about this group?! Jesus preached Love, even in the face of adversity, even to those who deligently persecute you, yet his followers threaten to act like infidels and gentiles in the name of Jesus..

One thing I am certain of is that if I go to hell, then everybody is definitely going to hell with me.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by jmoore(m): 9:40am On Apr 11, 2013
Any sensible individual will never support amnesty for bokoharam.

The real Bokoharam do not want amnesty, no amount of amnesty will stop terrorists whose agenda are anti-education and islamization of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by zangality(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2013
50calibre: As a Christian myself, I quite share some of their concerns and reservations. An obvious alternative is to arm every Christian with a gun and sufficient rounds and giving them the liberty to shoot any Muslim who exhibits the slightest sign of aggression.

When last did U̶̲̥̅̊ take your drugs?...

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Super1759: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2013
I need to start joining all these groups ASAP before they give us our own national cake-amnesty

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by MrAladin: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2013
mayb i go form my own terror gang so dat Fg go grant us amnesty......................................................................................lol

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Siddeek: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
We xtians mst oposse amnesty, we xtians ar nt in soport of amnesty. Gud news xtians bh have rejected d proposed amnesty. Yesss... Life goes on
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by swedbase(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2013
seunfly: I have said it b4 that Nigerian gov is giving encouragement to bad things such as corruption, insecurity, lawlessness and favouritism. Each sucesive gov have compromised too much since military era just to consolidate their own power rather that give good governance. But Jonathan has over do his own partialy due to 2015 ambition and his minority status.
Now a non violent peaple who is managing the situation we find our self will result to gov body language and the parson waiting 4 justice for the voilence papetrated against him or his peaple will be broken hearted because the voilent peaple has been compeciated instead of justice.

Your absolutely correct and we hope the president is listening. We the Easthern youths are watching impatiently
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Saliman22(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
The issue of Amnesty to Boko Haram will not bring peace and harmony rather disintegration . Watch out for another deadly group coming out with another sophicated weapons. Please lets be realistic here
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by sureteeboy(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2013
I'm also not in support of amnesty. But seriously, who are these dudes saying christian youthz r not in support. Did they seek opinion 4rm every youth in Nigeria. They had better shut up and focus on evangelism work. That's the duty christ gave to us, not interfering in political affairs

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by abdulkayus(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2013
50calibre: As a Christian myself, I quite share some of their concerns and reservations. An obvious alternative is to arm every Christian with a gun and sufficient rounds and giving them the liberty to shoot any Muslim who exhibits the slightest sign of aggression.

SMH at dis ignorant nincompoop. And later, u will claim to be peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by gen2briz(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been
suffering in silence while our Leaders put our
future in their bank accounts. How can we
remain like this? How can a youth go to school
and suffered to graduate at the end no job.
You are almost 40 and still your future is as
bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send
you to school to sit at home because our
Government have failed us. Let us come out
one day and say No. We must not remain like
this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a
better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck
it dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we will destroy this
country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those
who stand on our way as they are considered
the enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira
while millions of youths roam the streets every
day looking for daily bread. Our young men
must not all be kidnappers, our young girls
must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell
you. The time has come for us to react, the
only way our Government listens is violence,
they have shown it to the Niger delta militants
and now they are planning to show it to the
boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of
N20,000 per month to the unemployed is
rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per
month. How much do they pay as minimum
wage? How much do they pay to elected
officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will
burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraqan
Egypt and Turnisia...please spread this
message unless you want to die in poverty in a
country where God has destined all of us to be
happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to
all ur contact cos anytin can apen o!!!cry :
( cry if Ƴöů dnt Rebroadcast this Ƴöů are the
enemy of state, if you dnt like this bc you can
delete me now>:O I rep Nigerian Youth
Movement aluta continual victorial asata

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by deletrue: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2013
i strongly feel for jona! I pray that God will protect you and your team to withstand all these odds. Right from day one you have not known peace not because you are not good or your government is bad but all because of tribal issues etc. But refuse to give any damn. You will definently survive these problems.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2013
Granting Boko Haram amnesty would be a very BIG Mistake that FG would make and everyone is going to feel the effect.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by deletrue: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2013
i strongly feel for jona! I pray that God should protect you and your team to withstand all these odds. Right from day one you have not known peace not because you are not good or your government is bad but all because of tribal issues etc. But refuse to give any damn. You will definently survive these problems.
Those minority ethnic groups should learn from this so that if there is any plan to contest high office should know the steps in advance.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Tsmooth1(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2013
Those Christain boys de craze!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by segunobe(m): 10:08am On Apr 11, 2013
One of the major tenets of christianity is forgiveness so I see no reason why we as christians should not be willing to forgive.
Should we sacrifice peace and transquility on the alter of vandetta? Remember there still so many churches,christians and southerners in the core north.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2013

And you'll come here later screaming 'NIGERIA IS A SECULAR STATE' ..... When I see peeps lyk u on d loose I think 'why can't they just scrap religion in Nigeria?'

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by tspun(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2013
those christian youth dat r questning d amnesty program can they bring another alternative to calm does bh boys. If federal government gv them arms can they fight dis boys. Y not shut up n let gej bring peace back to d country since our so called giant of africa army fail to do that. i am not sopurting them all we want is peace peace peace no mater wat.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by gerald09(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria a country that promotes hate, killing, corruption, kidnapping, intimidation, terrorist, religion fanatics, looting etc. I will no longer contribute to this amnesty trend. Please GEJ go ahead give them amnesty. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ will all suffer its outcome. If the govt decide to destroy the country rather than fight for it, then lets destroy the country. Each Nigerian that take d presidential position has failed to plan for the growth of nigeria, so Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ all hav planned to fail. Unemployed youth are over 4million, fink about it. War is when oldmen talk n young men die Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ hav 4million of them young men ready to die n very few old men. I'll leave u to do the maths.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by iLUMeN8(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2013
'The battle is not ours but of the lord' says the good book. If its gonna bring lasting peace in the North and put an end to the bombings then GEJ should by all means do what he can to make it happen. I have lost loved ones to bombings and will not wish it on anyone. Its clear that FGN is clueless on how to stop these guys so if amnesty is gonna work I don't see y we shouldn't support GEJ. Granting these guys amnesty is a zillion times better than loosing more innocent souls. Violence only fuels more violence so I don't see y Christian youths want to start unnecessary demonstrations.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju: Who are CHRISTIAN Youths?! Are they the same people as Unemployed youths?!
No they are not umemployed youths but Youth wing of CAN...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Mother's Maiden Name.............. / APGA Stakeholders Threaten To Dump APGA Over Imposition Of Cand / #lockdown: Warri Boys Ransack Woman Shop For Selling Garri Expensive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.