Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71096 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:29pm On May 13, 2013
More anti feminist memes cool

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On May 14, 2013
What's really with the insults?

Let's just state our points and move on.

Like I say, there is a man for every woman. If you do not believe in feminism, then marry an anti feminist

I still believe that there are 'different' types of feminism.

One of the earliest posts on this thread stated that some 'feminists' condemned Harriet Tubman because she saved men or whatever.

Well, I hold her up in very very high esteem and think she was an heroine. I believe in giving men and women equal chances and opportunities. It would have been ridiculous and unfair to leave the men because they are 'men'. That would be no different from what they are protesting against.

Whether we are feminists or not, let us endeavor to treat others exactly the way we want to be treated and always be courteous and kind to one another irrespective of gender or status.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2013
Me sef i weak o...

Insults too much..
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 2:20pm On May 14, 2013
bukatyne: What's really with the insults?

Let's just state our points and move on.

Like I say, there is a man for every woman. If you do not believe in feminism, then marry an anti feminist

I still believe that there are 'different' types of feminism.

One of the earliest posts on this thread stated that some 'feminists' condemned Harriet Tubman because she saved men or whatever.

Well, I hold her up in very very high esteem and think she was an heroine. I believe in giving men and women equal chances and opportunities. It would have been ridiculous and unfair to leave the men because they are 'men'. That would be no different from what they are protesting against.

Whether we are feminists or not, let us endeavor to treat others exactly the way we want to be treated and always be courteous and kind to one another irrespective of gender or status.

The most intelligent thing you or any other feminist has wrote!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 3:20pm On May 14, 2013
Black Kenichi:

The most intelligent thing you or any other feminist has wrote!

Thanks

Now I am blushing grin

Feminists and Anti-feminists might have a middle ground afteral wink
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:23pm On May 14, 2013
^ nope

In the real world "lets all just get along" doesn't mean shyte... Anyone who holds on to an ideology that is 80% false, misleading information deserves to be treated like a fool.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
pleep: ^ nope

In the real world "lets all just get along" doesn't mean shyte... Anyone who holds on to an ideology that is 80% false, misleading information deserves to be treated like a fool.

Civility is a virtue Pleep, learn it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 8:14pm On May 14, 2013
^ So is logic. If you are a person who cant understand logic... i wont use "civility" when i speak to you wink
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 8:19pm On May 14, 2013
bukatyne.. i respect your calmness
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2013
kumbaya kumbaya... do you guys want to hold hands and dance around a campfire now? grin

good grief... this is an E-forum. Stop the emotional babble and get back on topic.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
pleep: kumbaya kumbaya... do you guys want to hold hands and dance around a campfire now? grin

good grief... this is an E-forum. Stop the emotional babble and get back on topic.

You actually sound more bitter than the feminists you claim to be bitter women

Once in a while, allow yourself the emotional babble either real or electronic grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
biolabee: bukatyne.. i respect your calmness

Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by AtheistD(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2013
@ OP

I do not believe the divorce, child support/protection/custody and other similar legal rights brought in are bad. I believe it is the implementation of them that is the problem.

Most of these laws are essential to balancing a slightly male dominated society. I think it has been overdone and hence we are seeing the negative results today. They need to work back to try and get some balance and leverage.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 11:44am On May 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:
@ OP

I do not believe the divorce, child support/protection/custody and other similar legal rights brought in are bad. I believe it is the implementation of them that is the problem.

Most of these laws are essential to balancing a slightly male dominated society. I think it has been overdone and hence we are seeing the negative results today. They need to work back to try and get some balance and leverage

God bless you!

They are denying the fact that the society is male dominated in the first place.

@bolded: so true.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 15, 2013
bukatyne:

God bless you!

They are denying the fact that the society is male dominated in the first place.

don't twist our words, of course the society is male dominated, first of voice we created these societies, and back then women weren't interested so men took an advance on them, so it shouldn't surprise u, that there are more male teachers, soldiers, doctors etc....
So that's not the point, the point is in 2013 as I'm typing are u marginalized? Do people discriminate you because you are a female? That's the question and so far you haven't reply, you keep beating around the Bush blah blah some men say how a woman can talk to me like that, as if women don't say the same thing.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 12:24pm On May 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't twist our words, of course the society is male dominated, first of voice we created these societies, two back then women weren't interested so men took an advance on then, so it shouldn't surprise u, that there are more male teachers, soldiers, doctors etc....
So that's not the point, the point is in 2013 as I'm typing are u marginalized? Do people discriminate you because you are a female? That's the question and so far you haven't reply, you keep beating around the Bush blah blah some men say how a woman can talk to me like that, as if women don't say the same thing.

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 15, 2013
*them
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by AtheistD(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2013
bukatyne:

God bless you!

The objective is to make it a just society.... not the reverse.

Have you seen divorce laws in the West? They are totally skewed towards women. This has a major effect on certain communities. It needs to be more balanced.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 1:25pm On May 15, 2013

The objective is to make it a just society.... not the reverse.

Have you seen divorce laws in the West? They are totally skewed towards women. This has a major effect on certain communities. It needs to be more balanced.

That's why I bolded that sentence.

Feminists should strive for justice and not oppression of the male gender.

They should forgive them of the oppression of women of the yesteryears and start on a clean slate of equality and Justice.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't twist our words, of course the society is male dominated, first of voice we created these societies, and back then women weren't interested so men took an advance on them, so it shouldn't surprise u, that there are more male teachers, soldiers, doctors etc....

haha she dodged the question. grin

Thats why i dont bother talking with these people logically, its a dead end. If you try and reason with a dumbass you will end up in the exact same spot as if you just insulted them the whole time.

I.e nowhere.... but insulting the is alot more fun.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2013
bukatyne:

You actually sound more bitter than the feminists you claim to be bitter women

Once in a while, allow yourself the emotional babble either real or electronic grin
I have zero need to find emotional support from people i dont respect anymore than a pile of rabbit feces (you.) wink

People like you make females look like idiots... you cant even have a reasonable discussion without trowing all sorts of deflections, changing to subject and refusing to answer simple questions... if you have an ideology so difficult to defend, why do you subscribe to it? Bias

... there is some factor about your life that makes you cling to this dead movement, and that is why no reasonable person will respect your arguements
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 4:04pm On May 15, 2013
@ OP

Most of these laws are essential to balancing a slightly male dominated society. I think it has been overdone and hence we are seeing the negative results today. They need to work back to try and get some balance and leverage.

I agree fully with this....

@pleep

I dont get the insults or jibes about kumbaya
Holding strongly to your view puts you and c.four in the same camp to me - potentially inconsiderate the other side
Cos there is one - a coin has two sides
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2013
I'm not "inconsiderate to the other side" at all.... As little as two years ago i actually believed most of the feminist memes that i am arguing against here. It was through research and discussions with more informed people that i changed my views.

Opinions are worthless, no one should be arguing based on their arbitrary opinions, why do we live in a society were people think their baseless claims should be taken seriously? ...The fact of the matter is there are not two sides to the truth, if someone tells me the sky is red that is not an opinion that deserves respect. It is a false conjecture based on false information that needs to be stopped.

The posters here defending feminism have not even attempted to defend their ideology past the superficial level (they dont even seem to know what their ideology is) ... the fact remains that the vast majority of feminist statistics and memes are based in half truths or out-right lies; wage-gap, 1 in 4 rape, patriarchy theory etc.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 3:26am On May 16, 2013
pleep: I'm not "inconsiderate to the other side" at all.... As little as two years ago i actually believed most of the feminist memes that i am arguing against here. It was through research and discussions with more informed people that i changed my views.

Opinions are worthless, no one should be arguing based on their arbitrary opinions, why do we live in a society were people think their baseless claims should be taken seriously? ...The fact of the matter is there are not two sides to the truth, if someone tells me the sky is red that is not an opinion that deserves respect. It is a false conjecture based on false information that needs to be stopped.

The posters here defending feminism have not even attempted to defend their ideology past the superficial level (they dont even seem to know what their ideology is) ... the fact remains that the vast majority of feminist statistics and memes are based in half truths or out-right lies; wage-gap, 1 in 4 rape, patriarchy theory etc.

Granted,,,,then the solution is to seek some form of social justice
I guess most of u guys are in the West
But Here in naija some of the conditions that cause this ideology to thrive still exist

But i dont think single motherhood as cfours advocates is the way to go
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:03am On May 16, 2013
biolabee:

Granted,,,,then the solution is to seek some form of social justice
I guess most of u guys are in the West
But Here in naija some of the conditions that cause this ideology to thrive still exist

@ the bolded. I can understand that, because yes, i'm talking mainly from a western perspective while ur experiences in naija will be a little different

As for these african feminists they clearly don't have a good grasp of these issues, from a modern or historical perspective. They are simply running off personal feelings...which is fine or day to day life, but in a logical debate there is no room for that.

In addition they also don't realize that individual choice is a million times more effective than some big sister movement they don't fully understand.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:05am On May 16, 2013
biolabee:

don't twist my words. What I said was that single motherhood is much better than a dysfunctional two-parent home. I think this is very obvious logic. Also, it makes no sense when the man has no purpose or usefulness in d home. yet his ego might create hostile environment in d home.
ex. If a woman got married and made equal or more money than her husband, I would expect him to contribute a fair share in d house w/ caring for the kids, helping in d kitchen etc (d wife is pulling her weight financially after all). most men's ego are too big for this hence d reason why it may be more worthwhile for some women to be single. what's d purpose of raising kids+a full grown man at the same. makes no practical sense. d man has no purpose or usefulness in d family.
it's more of an issue in black community because if u look at the statistics, women participation in d workforce is way higher than black men. no other race has a situation like this! hence why more black women are single. it makes more financial and practical sense.IMO black men are also less likely to help raise their kids. unlike white men.this compounds d issue even further.
All the white families i've been close to, all d men cook and clean or help out in d home in some way. even men who seem to be the breadwinner! they have more gender equal arrangements with their partners. so what's so bad about feminism when it is actually good for everyone involved.
as long as u don't let some ego issues get in d way. d day some men start seeing women as equal human beings will b d day things will start to get better for those men because we are no longer in 1850. this is 2013.
at least rich men still have d option of getting women to obey their commands. but when ur financial situation isn't all that rosy, I think expecting a submissive, servile wife (unless u import her from a 3rd world, starvation country)is just unrealistic. she knows she will fare better being single.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:09am On May 16, 2013
This is exactly what i mean... every post they make contradicts the last one.

if u look at the statistics, women participation in d workforce is way higher than black men.
First she was claiming oppression, now she is a "strong independant woman." There is no definite ideology here, just a bunch of self-serving gibberish.

She just plays w/e role is most beneficial at the momment
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 4:16am On May 16, 2013
Cfours

SeemS your arguments are more suited pro west

I don't want to believe because a woman earns more than a man and he is not as gender role adaptable as his caucausian/western counterpart the soln is then single parenting

You made statements based on your own world view but here in naija where I live and work most of the males I know change diaper, wash clothesn drop kids off at school etc so where is this mythical big ego comes from

Don't use that to color black males

Specify to AA males

Also look around you people that you know personally are they like that

Your brothers or male cousins

@pleep
If a woman is chased out here for a younger wife, she is chased out with nothing

If her husband dies, she and the kids are left with nothing

Girl child literacy is still low especially in tthe north

Ra.pe incidents are rampant

Our women need protection
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:30am On May 16, 2013
I live in d USA

biolabee:

there u go...
rap.e protection from who? isn't it men that are rap.ing them?
if men are rapi.ng women, then how can dey be protected by d same men? isn't that like racketeering. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racket_%28crime%29

do u see how your logic makes no sense?
keep deluding urself. r.ape will continue until something big is done about it. ex government policies to impose severe punishment for r.ape. just like we have in d west but women (feminists) had to fight for these policies.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:30am On May 16, 2013
biolabee: Cfours

@pleep
If a woman is chased out here for a younger wife, she is chased out with nothing

If her husband dies, she and the kids are left with nothing

Girl child literacy is still low especially in tthe north

At the bolded, thats your job... simply stop rapeing people if its becoming a serious problem. I don't understand why you people think you need feminism for that

The incidence for any crime is high when a nation has a corrupt barely functional government such as Nigerias.

We are not talking about the north, or Islamic countries in General. This pertains to the west, and cultures influenced by it

.... and your first point, so? What will feminism do about that? (i don't know where you are from but i've never seen either of those situations occur) please elaborate
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:35am On May 16, 2013
pleep: At the bolded, thats your job... simply stop rapeing people if its becoming a serious problem. I don't understand why you people think you need feminism for that

The incidence for any crime is high when a nation has a corrupt barely functional government such as Nigerias.

We are not talking about the north, or Islamic countries in General. This pertains to the west, and cultures influenced by it

.... and your first point, so? What will feminism do about that? (i don't know where you are from but i've never seen either of those situations occur) please elaborate

hahaha
d reason we have "functional government" in the USA that protects women from r.ape is because FEMINISTS fought for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-rape_movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States#Historical_context

and feminists are still fighting till this day to defend it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:41am On May 16, 2013
women in India took to the streets to protest recently as u probably r aware of the Dehli gang ra.pe incident that was in d news for a while

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/where-is-indias-feminist-movement-headed/

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121222/shirsoleiman20121222090129350.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (45) (Reply)

Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.