Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed (24889 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo / Delta State: Office Of The Former Deputy Governor (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by ifebosco: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Former Deputy Governor Of Anambra State Killed By Kidnappers

SaharaReporters has learned that Dr. Chudi Nwike, the former Deputy Governor of Anambra State who was kidnapped on March 19, has been killed by his kidnappers who had demanded a N30 million ransom and actually collected a negotiated amount.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) said that the body was identified at the Agbor Police Station in Delta State by the Anambra State Chairman of the party), Chief Amaechi Obidike, State Secretary Barr Emeka Ibe, and the victim’s brother, Dr.Bufo Nwike.

The statement noted that the family had negotiated and paid a ransom prior to the discovery of the body, Bufo Nwike handling the negotiations and arranging to pay to the kidnappers N5million at an undisclosed location in Delta State.

That ransom was in paid on April 5, but the kidnappers, after collecting the money from the courier, cut off all further communications. The body was discovered thereafter.

“We are tremendously ashamed of the circumstances of his death and wish we could now erase from history that a former Deputy Governor of a State in Nigeria died in this manner,” ACN said in the statement.

The party called on the security agencies, in view of the fact that they did not succeed in tracking down the abductors of the former Deputy Governor while he lived, to “rise and smash all obstacles on the way to unearthing the abductors and killers of ACN’s rare gem, an embodiment of peace and knowledge.”http://saharareporters.com/news-page/former-deputy-governor-anambra-state-killed-kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Gboliwe: 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
cry cry Too much bloodshed in our land

1 Like

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by mike404(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
ifebosco:

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) said that the body was identified at the Agbor Police Station in Delta State by the Anambra State Chairman of the party), Chief Amaechi Obidike, State Secretary Barr Emeka Ibe, and the victim’s brother, Dr.Bufo Nwike.

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by kelvincoll(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
The gods are not to blame sad sad sad

RIP to the dead, May God grant the family fortitude to bear the lose
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by confusion247(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
Don't be surprised that the kidnappers that killed this man might get amnesty from state and federal government.

9 Likes

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Donchyke39(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
too bad,why killing this good man.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by mrman2(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
RIP to the dead. I guess it was an inside job. That's the only reason I can think of for killing him, the kidnappers couldn't risk letting him live.

1 Like

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
mr_man: RIP to the dead. I guess it was an inside job. That's the only reason I can think of for killing him, the kidnappers couldn't risk letting him live.

Maybe. Or maybe he died because of the trauma, shock, or physical torture during his captivity. Whatever the case, we might never find out.

God help us all. RIP to the dead.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by redsun(m): 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Delta police command are involved in kidnapping.That is why all the high profile kidnapping are coordinated there.

The police commissioner is a ruthless criminal.I am very much aware of that

2 Likes

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by ninja4life(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
Eeyah rest in peace or pieces anyhow i heard d price of garri has increased in d market can any1 pls confirm dis its urgent pls
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by ACM10: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2013
Chei, this is wickedness. The deceased guy is from my neighbouring town and his younger brother was my school buddy back then in secondary school. We need to tackle this kidnapping menace once and for all.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Super1759: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2013
AMNESTY PLEASE!!!!
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Eneze1(f): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2013
one of the major problem of this country is security, RIP to him, may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by alphaconde(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2013
Tomoro an insane man who hasn't seen a thousand naira before is going to be paraded as the killer. Meanwhile the IG and the police in abuja will also be finding the killers over there. We should be expecting a lot of suspects.

2 Likes

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2013
too much bloodshed in our land!! I pray that this land be healed so our children won't suffer the nemesis of all these bloodshed.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Sweetapple007(f): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2013
No one is safe in this country ooo! No security at all.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by DICKtator: 8:47am On Apr 12, 2013
Wooow!!!. shocked shocked shocked shocked After collecting ransom? so sad!!!
I guess he was Ngige's deputy?
Cos i haven't heard of him talkless of his been kidnapped
R.I.P.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by lasunray(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2013
The Count3 is getting really Ugly. Ashamed of this fu*king count3.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by hrmkz: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2013
"Nigerias can sleep with their two eyes closed" said by a senior Nigeria police officer.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by condralbede(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2013
Super1759: AMNESTY PLEASE!!!!
They shld set a committee to grant amnesty to them too,since our security agencies are nt delivering!
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Gwekzy: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2013
I WeeP For My CountrY
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by taiyesoul(f): 8:49am On Apr 12, 2013

for kidnappers?
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nnemco22: 8:51am On Apr 12, 2013
because his party is no longer in power datz why d govt n itz security agencies could not track down diz kidnappers......shame to Democracy

1 Like

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2013
And i thought Peter Obi and Nigerian Police had killed all the Kidnappers and deposited their body in the river. undecided

A state run lawlessly will remain lawless. Create Jobs and promote rule of law.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2013
alpha conde: Tomorrow an insane man who hasn't seen a thousand naira before is going to be paraded as the killer. Meanwhile the IG and the police in abuja will also be finding the killers over there. We should be expecting a lot of suspects.

I have observed that this is the new game tactics of the Nigerian Police.The real criminals are never found.They simply parade other minor criminals to save face.
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by lakad4u(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
What is this country turning into,imagine a deputy governor abducted and killied just like fowl,so what now the faith of just an ordinary Nigeria..rip baba
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by alluson(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
To who, BK, Anambra state government, kidnappers, his family or you?
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by OuchDaddy(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
Viewing this topic: Mr Obalende, E-D, Ms Rola, mr Lt, kagari,
U09ce, supersteel(m), seyizma(m), bolseas, casiraghi,
fagin1982(m), otunba cymbal(m), Igwe OO(m), Mization(m),
Osc, buzo80(m), dexterush(f), Enigift, bigx(m), Super1759,
pheivor(f), Soflex(m), Greeninho, Lytesnlilies, God4memi,
Plan_Man 1, waiikiki, onymodel, take dat(m), Promxy94,
donted(m), auxizain, la!(m), okandejibaba, datola, Degis(m),
OCHULORC(f), ddone, alpha conde(m), kenmaro(m), el-
Macho(m), EMILO2STAY(m), Osuman(m), deeboiii,
faporori24, tolu8588, Eneze1(f), idsamoo, konkocious(m),
lasunray(m), oliwaseunojo, bongo2011 and 74 guest(s)

This is Terrible..!
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
ninja4life: Eeyah rest in peace or pieces anyhow i heard d price of garri has increased in d market can any1 pls confirm dis its urgent pls
YOU ARE SENSELESS, dats all...
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by kedukc(m): 8:55am On Apr 12, 2013
as much as the trend is disheartening, would be nice if these higher-ups totally eliminate themselves
Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by Nedu31(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2013
Why always Delta State? It seems the top security personnel ar involved in these menace called kidnapping. Potential amnesty group in making.

1 Like

Re: Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed by EagleNest(m): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2013
One killing too many!Too much bloodshed in the land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole An Election Rigger, A Fake Comrade Obasanjo Bribed Severally – Fayose / Report Any Unprofessional Conduct By Nigerian Army Personnel / Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.