Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,122 members, 7,838,846 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Nigeria African Regional Giant. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria African Regional Giant. (2126 Views)

Buhari Receives Giant Birthday Card From His Aides (Photos) / N6.87 Trillion Stolen Yearly From Nigeria- African Union (AU) / Nigeria's African Cup Of Nations Victory Over Burkina Faso Has A Deeper Politica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dr2great: .do u know what wil are discussing here that u want to comment? Pls go to d kitchen
lwkmd, lol, lolz, hahahahaha, haba that's too harsh na, but it's hilarious, lol,
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by haruna1970(m): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
kutchs:
Lets just pretend all me and you are reading this article, I would want to know from you oh Socrates (you may inquire from the witch of Endor if you like) how Jonathan should have handled boko haram and pls dont give me ur ACN‘s opposition cant spoon feed the govt.
Hey mr. don't derail the thread. Focus on the topic.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
haruna1970: Some things will never change. Jonathan came from the gutter. He has smeared us with dirt already. Likewise he will put us (Nigeria) in the gutter.
sometimes I sit and wonder what goes through his (jonathan) head, is it that he lacks good advisers or is it that he surrounds himself with fools, or is it that he is just plain dumb,
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by fkaz(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
vanunu: It is not GEJ that was disgraced, but the opposition politicians and northern elders, GEJ knew quite well that boko haram will never accept amnesty because they are real islamist, even the day that the northern elders came calling, GEJ asked them whether any of them had contact with the jihadist, but the answer was no. The issue is that the opposition and the N elders wanted to blackmail GEJ and GEJ did the right thing by playing along with them simple. This is Nigerian politics and only matured minds will understand.

And who is more matured between jonathan and BH, is it the flip-flop president or the boko haram who see the president as a man with rat brain?
My broda governance is not a joke, and the issue of boko haram is not a matter of playing along with human life. It is better he crush the bas*tard or he bow down to their request.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by naptu2: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boko Haram's "rejection" of the amnesty deal is not a disgrace to the Jonathan Administration and shouldn't really change anything. The government should go ahead with the amnesty programme.

Remember that MEND rejected the Niger Delta amnesty deal, but the amnesty programme still went ahead. In fact, Henry Okah's faction of MEND recently killed some policemen, yet the amnesty deal has brought relative peace to the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by haruna1970(m): 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
bolaino: sometimes I sit and wonder what goes through his (jonathan) head, is it that he lacks good advisers or is it that he surrounds himself with fools, or is it that he is just plain dumb,
He has no head ! He is a dumb ass. What did he achieved as a governor of Bayelsa.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by fkaz(m): 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
naptu2: Boko Haram's "rejection" of the amnesty deal is not a disgrace to the Jonathan Administration and shouldn't really change anything. The government should go ahead with the amnesty programme.

Remember that MEND rejected the Niger Delta amnesty deal, but the amnesty programme still went ahead. In fact, Henry Okah's faction of MEND recently killed some policemen, yet the amnesty deal has brought relative peace to the Niger Delta.

Which faction of boko haram would they dialogue with?

Because Niger-delta militant had different leaders at that time, henry okah was just one among many.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by naptu2: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
fkaz:

Which faction of boko haram would they dialogue with?

Because Niger-delta militant had different leaders at that time, henry okah was just one among many.

There are at least 5 different factions of Boko Haram and many foot soldiers with varying degrees of commitment to the cause and varying reasons for engaging in militancy.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
naptu2:

There are at least 5 different factions of Boko Haram and many foot soldiers with varying degrees of commitment to the cause and varying reasons for engaging in militancy.
u don't treat cancer by taking antibiotics or retro viral drugs, granting boko haram amnesty is an acceptance of defeat, it's an acceptance that the country is no longer safe, that any person or group of persons can form a group and terrorize the government

and by the end of the day they'll be given lots of money with a warm reception at aso rock and with retardeen smiling and shaking hands with these killers and giving them properties and various rewards, while honest Nigerians die in poverty and penury.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by solomon111(m): 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
berem: defend who? I dey craze?
so you are saying you and buhari were very wrong for supporting amnesty?.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by ElCaballa(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
How can this be possible.can one disgrace a man who is already a disgrace? Uncle Jona is obsessed.So obsessed with power that he is now dancing naked at the market square like a madman.HE DOESNT GIVE A DANM! Its we his brothers that really ashamed to be associated with such a collossal and monumental mistake of a PRESIDENT!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by Symphony007: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Everybody is bashing jonathan so i want to ask one question. This president is now spending almost half of the national budget on security, so the military cannot say they lack funding. He has done everything in his power to stop this bloodshed including the amnesty you're all attacking him for, so what next do you expect of him? To arm himself and lead troops to find boko haram? It's very easy to launch critisim but harder to provide solution. Whatelse do you want? A genocide in the north? What else?
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by Symphony007: 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
bolaino: sometimes I sit and wonder what goes through his (jonathan) head, is it that he lacks good advisers or is it that he surrounds himself with fools, or is it that he is just plain dumb,
ok, you have made a very nice point on how stupid and idiotic jonathan is, ok. What will you do differently, that he's not doing now?
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
Symphony007: Everybody is bashing jonathan so i want to ask one question. This president is now spending almost half of the national budget on security, so the military cannot say they lack funding. He has done everything in his power to stop this bloodshed including the amnesty you're all attacking him for, so what next do you expect of him? To arm himself and lead troops to find boko haram? It's very easy to launch critisim but harder to provide solution. Whatelse do you want? A genocide in the north? What else?
lol, funny, there's a saying that let he who the cap fits wear it, who send am message? Dem force am turn to president? These are some of the challenges of being a leader, and he should man up and deal with it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not saying I know the best way to tackle this insurgency, but granting them amnesty is'nt an option,
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by Super1759: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
Symphony007: Everybody is bashing jonathan so i want to ask one question. This president is now spending almost half of the national budget on security, so the military cannot say they lack funding. He has done everything in his power to stop this bloodshed including the amnesty you're all attacking him for, so what next do you expect of him? To arm himself and lead troops to find boko haram? It's very easy to launch critisim but harder to provide solution. Whatelse do you want? A genocide in the north? What else?
so in your widest dream the government have exhausted its tactics?
Let me ask you,Mr defender
What happened to sokoto and co that were apprehended?
What information was he able to scoop out from the police oga he sacked?
What happened to all the bokoharam members? You want to tell me you can't get information from even one out of all?
Army went to mali and saw their camp, how far have they gone with that?
How far has he gone investigating the senator that bokoharam was linked to?
I don't want to believe this people have abundance of ammunition,they still import tools for work. So what have your oga done to block loops holes?
My friend, you have no case. We all know that this BH issue haven't been followed systematically. And the worst mistake is given them money..as amnesty, even if Gej isn't serios and would just use this to bring them out of their hiding place, he is making himsef,less a foool, that's a faded tactis

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by Super1759: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
one thing am sure is that buhari,tinubu,northern leaders just messed this man up with such a gullible advise. Its like telling an slowpoke to deep hand inside fire to know if its hot and the child obeyed.
Now even, international communities will shake their head in disbelief for GEJ.
We were almost there. Fighting them out. At a point bombing stopped and was gradually ceasing. People died, soldiers died,properties burnt. And at the edge of cutting the game,you surrenders...you are of most men,miserable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by omenka(m): 6:17am On Apr 13, 2013
kutchs:
You people outof hate for GEJ just rush online to post rubbish. Tell me how setting up a committee to ascertain the workability or otherwise of amnesty a foolish decision.
The question I want to ask you and ur fellow wise men is has amnesty been really granted boko haram? On what conditions was the amnesty granted? How much is the amnesty going to cost the FG?
You see Socrates (I call u Socrates because you seem by ur own estimation to be the wisest person living) it‘s not enough to possess a smart phone/pc with enough megabytes to surf the net and make comments, you must have facts to back ur claims.
Even when the committee must have submitted its report, Jonathan is under no obligation to accept and implement it or is he?
Be objective in ur assessment of the man pls dont let hate becloud ur sense of reasoning pls.

I beg to disagree with you. Let me give u an analogy: u have kids, right, and they have come of school age. A school just opened up down ur street but you know the quality of it's teachers to be nothing to write home about. With this knowledge at the back of your mind, do you go pondering on whether or not to enroll ur kids in such school knowing you have the resources to give them a better education? I bet you wouldn't tinker with the idea even for a second!

In my opinion, GEJ goofed big time even mulling on the idea of amesty in the first place. The need for a committee shouldn't have arisen AT ALL!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by Pataki: 6:28am On Apr 13, 2013
Personally I had my reservations about Buhari approving the ediotic amnesty that the scumbag was offering Boko Haram.

You are not winning the war against Boko Haram, yet you are proffering amnesty to those murderers! Jonathan is truly a misfit for a president.

Please can this topic hit the front page?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 6:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Super1759: one thing am sure is that buhari,tinubu,northern leaders just messed this man up with such a gullible advise. Its like telling an slowpoke to deep hand inside fire to know if its hot and the child obeyed.
Now even, international communities will shake their head in disbelief for GEJ.
We were almost there. Fighting them out. At a point bombing stopped and was gradually ceasing. People died, soldiers died,properties burnt. And at the edge of cutting the game,you surrenders...you are of most men,miserable
lol, very good analogy my man,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 6:33am On Apr 13, 2013
omenka:

I beg to disagree with you. Let me give u an analogy: u have kids, right, and they have come of school age. A school just opened up down ur street but you know the quality of it's teachers to be nothing to write home about. With this knowledge at the back of your mind, do you go pondering on whether or not to enroll ur kids in such school knowing you have the resources to give them a better education? I bet you wouldn't tinker with the idea even for a second!

In my opinion, GEJ goofed big time even mulling on the idea of amesty in the first place. The need for a committee shouldn't have arisen AT ALL!
you're very correct mann,
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 6:34am On Apr 13, 2013
Pataki: Personally I had my reservations about Buhari approving the ediotic amnesty that the scumbag was offering Boko Haram.

You are not winning the war against Boko Haram, yet you are proffering amnesty to those murderers! Jonathan is truly a misfit for a president.

Please can this topic hit the front page?
since this topic is not about tonto dikeh or wizkid drinking. Champagne, I doubt if it'll hit the front page, don't mind nairaland moderators.
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by fkaz(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2013

This man point of view still remain one of the best option.

Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Hypocritical, They Ought To Be Crushed – Sheik Gumi Addressing the scourge of Boko Haram, Gumi said the call for amnesty is hypocritical adding that as an ideology, the sect has disrespect for the Quran or Hadith or even Scholarly fatwa. “They have their own interpretation,” he started. “Anything short of that is part of the enemy that should be killed. So on what basis should there be dialogue or amnesty? It is a creed that must be crushed; it is a creed the prophet – alaihis Salam- wished he is alive to exterminate.”
Sheik Gumi however put it beyond the present dispensation to end the Boko Haram insurgency “because it lacks the moral high ground to defeat them.”
Joining the fray of those who accuse the JTF of high handedness in its fight against the sect, Gumi said more innocent people had been killed, maimed, tortured and incarcerated by the JTF than Boko Haram itself or those that camouflage behind them.
According to him, “a whole region is made to suffer economically, socially and politically because of this blind war on terror. The present dispensation has everything to gain is refusing the‘amnesty’call for political reasons, that is why it is recalcitrant. Otherwise, if the need to crush BH is genuine, it would have been achieved since.”
Instead, he called for a “selected Muslim High ranking officer” of the armed forces to take charge of the whole ‘operation’ from investigations to incursions arguing that the situation requires “careful excision and only the person that feels the pains of society has the capacity to carry it out.”
He then likened it to the removal of a brain tumour which he said, “you don’t give that to an orthopedic surgeon no matter how good, to do that. It is an operation of precision not brute force. This choice of tackling a peculiar problem is the sign of good governance. Special missions have special requirements if success is the objective.”
He pointed out that “Boko Haram are armed individuals hiding is a civilian population. They do not control any high fire power to be engaged in a war. Therefore there is absolutely no need -what so ever- to deploy and ultimately exhaust the military in road blocks all over the spheres of their activities. What are needed are very good intelligence, special strike squads and the genuine cooperation of the civilian population which can never be achieved through intimidation.” .
Re: Nigeria African Regional Giant. by bolaino(m): 7:44am On Apr 13, 2013
fkaz:

This man point of view still remain one of the best option.

the sheik is very correct

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Abubakar Shekau Died / I Am Not Afraid Of You ––governor Lamido Dares Jonathan / Made-in-nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.