Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT (2222 Views)

What I Saw In Owerri Today And Okorocha Calls It Developmental Achievement.photo / APC Lauds Obiano Over Developmental Strides / Pictures Of Rochas Developmental Works - IMO STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
The developmental programmes of Rochas in Imo is currently being aired on AIT. What are your impressions about the projects and programmes?
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by IGBOSON1: 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Unfortunately some of us are at work. I don't suppose they'll upload it to YouTube? I'm interested to see Rochas report card after two years in office.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
Unfortunately, I created the thread late into the programme. I didn't see all of the programme but I saw a well built school (outside of it) and some tarred roads. The striking thing about the roads was the poor quality.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by ba7man(m): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
You take style like AIT ooo.....
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
Again there was too much interview of persons and less show casing of projects. The producers of the programme should reduce the interviews, show more projects and try to focus on particular sectors for every edition of the programme.

I've seen similar programmes by the Ondo state govt and Neighbour-to-Neighbour, and both try to focus on particular sector for every edition of the programme.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
ba7man: You take style like AIT ooo.....
Whenever I tune on TV, I first browse through AIT and Channels before any other tv station,except there's a live sporting even taking place at that moment. Again, I dont miss the early part (headlines and atleast the first 10min) of 9pm NTA news.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by IGBOSON1: 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Unfortunately, I created the thread late into the programme. I didn't see all of the programme but I saw a well built school (outside of it) and some tarred roads. The striking thing about the roads was the poor quality.

^^^No surprises there then! More noise and little substance after close to half the 4 term having been spent. I bet the school shown is that singular one built in Owerri last year; and up till now still no foudations laid for more of the same in the other LGAs like he promised.

On poor quality roads: na only Baba God go save us for south-east from all this shoddy work in the name of township roads. Same thing is happening in Abia, and i can't vouch for Anambra; i'm getting fed up with this trend! angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Unfortunately, I created the thread late into the programme. I didn't see all of the programme but I saw a well built school (outside of it) and some tarred roads. The striking thing about the roads was the poor quality.
So na for television you take know say the road na poor quality? you see one thing i hate about you? instead of going to see things for yourself physically, you prefer to stay behind your laptop and television to spew lies and hate! why na Ifeanyi? I have actually watched that developmental program more than once and Rochas is doing a lot for the people of Imo. Please and please stop spreading lies and malicious remarks about my governor. na beg i dey beg you.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Abagworo(m): 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2013

How did you come about the poor quality part? You cannot ascertain that by merely viewing it on TV. IMHO the quality of the roads are not up to standard or at least my desired standard like in Rivers State. Its more like Akwa-Ibom with normal drainage and laterite, hardcore,stonedust, tar. In Rivers 8feet of surface soil is dug out and refilled with "white sharp sand" before hardcore, stonedust and tarring. Laterite is prohibited in road construction as far as Rivers State is concerned. However the roads will last because of good but funny drainage. In terms of aesthetics, they are up to standard.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Noiseless2: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nonsense rochas okoroless.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by talktimi(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
They've just been remixing the programme with the same ol' projects since last year. At least his tenure is better than that rogue Ohakim, the best SE governor so far since 1999 has been Ngige whether anybody likes it or not.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by BabaTony: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Abagworo:

How did you come about the poor quality part? You cannot ascertain that by merely viewing it on TV. IMHO the quality of the roads are not up to standard or at least my desired standard like in Rivers State. Its more like Akwa-Ibom with normal drainage and laterite, hardcore,stonedust, tar. In Rivers 8feet of surface soil is dug out and refilled with "white sharp sand" before hardcore, stonedust and tarring. Laterite is prohibited in road construction as far as Rivers State is concerned. However the roads will last because of good but funny drainage. In terms of aesthetics, they are up to standard.

Haha, dis man you sabi lie well well. Who no know as bridges and roads dey collapse for ph. And I beg you never ever compare those chicken road construction in rivers state with the best roads in nigeria constructed by the best construction companies in nigeria for the best state in nigeria, AKWA IBOM.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Abagworo(m): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
BabaTony:

Haha, dis man you sabi lie well well. Who no know as bridges and roads dey collapse for ph. And I beg you never ever compare those chicken road construction in rivers state with the best roads in nigeria constructed by the best construction companies in nigeria for the best state in nigeria, AKWA IBOM.

You won't understand because you are kind of myopic. Painting roads black and white doesn't show the components of the road. I saw all these roads under construction and know what I wrote about. Only Rivers State is using sharp sand and casting with concrete before tarring. Others just use laterite with hardcore and stonedust.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Abagworo(m): 12:05am On Apr 13, 2013
Looking at these pictures, you could only tell the quality of the roads if you met them at stage1(1st picture). The rest just lool beautiful and green like every other road. Roads in Rivers dont look beautiful and green but if you witness the materials used during construction, you would understand the quality. Notice the use of laterite on this road. Owerri is lucky not to be shanty and on a flatland, otherwise the fate of its roads wouldnt have been different from Aba and Onitsha.

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Itoroetti(m): 12:22am On Apr 13, 2013
berem: So na for television you take know say the road na poor quality? you see one thing i hate about you? instead of going to see things for yourself physically, you prefer to stay behind your laptop and television to spew lies and hate! why na Ifeanyi? I have actually watched that developmental program more than once and Rochas is doing a lot for the people of Imo. Please and please stop spreading lies and malicious remarks about my governor. na beg i dey beg you.

Why didn't he complained about the schooled built?abi u assumed he didn't see it well?be wise and shine ur eyes to know the truth as sincere 9gerian does.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Rhino5dm: 1:14am On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Unfortunately, I created the thread late into the programme. I didn't see all of the programme but I saw a well built school (outside of it) and some tarred roads. The striking thing about the roads was the poor quality .

@Bold
Could you show us similar program of GEJ when he was the governor of Bayelsa State? Here is a governor with the audacity of taking his achievements to AIT and all this brainless PDP goat said was poor quality of roads? If you can identify standard of things by merely looking from your computer screen, how then about taking a job with NDLA and help them catch drug smugglers via your T.V. screen, so that they can remove all the scanners mounted at the airports?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by BabaTony: 4:27am On Apr 13, 2013
Abagworo:

You won't understand because you are kind of myopic. Painting roads black and white doesn't show the components of the road. I saw all these roads under construction and know what I wrote about. Only Rivers State is using sharp sand and casting with concrete before tarring. Others just use laterite with hardcore and stonedust.

My friend stop talking trash. You are using white sand and the roads are failing.what nonesense? Sharp sand my foot!
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Abagworo(m): 5:59am On Apr 13, 2013
BabaTony:

My friend stop talking trash. You are using white sand and the roads are failing.what nonesense? Sharp sand my foot!

I think Odili administration made that mistake of using laterite and thats why there was total reconstruction of that airforce-stadium(G.U. Ake road) byepass and remodelling of that collapsed bridge. To understand me just put laterite in a test tube and compress it; then pour water inside. Repeat same using sharp sand.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2013
For those arguing about the quality of the road, atleast I clearly saw the surface of the roads and they looked uneven and didn't appear solid. I'v seen roads done in Akwa- Ibom, Lagos, Edo (shown during the last elections)etc and they appeared solid. Most of the roads in Enugu here are done by Arab contractors and they appear solid, although little potholes and cracks are beginning to appear in few of the roads, less than 3yrs after they were built.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Pataki: 6:21am On Apr 13, 2013

Arsssshole Rock sycophant aka Sincere jonathan, please humor us with one good quality road done by Jonathan when he was governor of Bayelsa state. cheesy
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Rhino5dm: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2013
Pataki:

Arsssshole Rock sycophant aka Sincere jonathan, please humor us with one good quality road done by Jonathan when he was governor of Bayelsa state. cheesy

You have to wait till end of time or when the pigs fly!
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Ejine(m): 7:18am On Apr 13, 2013
If the recent sentiment from the majority of my Imo friends is anything to go by, common councillor, Rochas no go fit win.

Never thought I'd be the one to say this.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by talktimi(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

@Bold
Could you show us similar program of GEJ when he was the governor of Bayelsa State? Here is a governor with the audacity of taking his achievements to AIT and all this brainless PDP goat said was poor quality of roads? If you can identify standard of things by merely looking from your computer screen, how then about taking a job with NDLA and help them catch drug smugglers via your T.V. screen, so that they can remove all the scanners mounted at the airports?

mr man, where you in bayelsa state when Goodluck was the governor ? Any topic that pricks your body you'll come out screaming PDP insults, better focus your attention where it is needed and stop talking about what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by theripper2: 8:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Ejiné: If the recent sentiment from the majority of my Imo friends is anything to go by, common councillor, Rochas no go fit win.

Never thought I'd be the one to say this.

As in ehn, Roaches talk talk too much jare, too garrulous. I doubt if e don pay contractors for dose jobs, I here say he sabi owe well well. Wats up with the LG ish sef? My own LG no too different from how I leave am o.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Ejine(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2013
the_ripper2:

As in ehn, Roaches talk talk too much jare, too garrulous. I doubt if e don pay contractors for dose jobs, I here say he sabi owe well well. Wats up with the LG ish sef? My own LG no too different from how I leave am o.

I hear the man has completely screwed them over.
When he first came to office, he started awarding road construction contracts all over the place just for political points. Never mind that he had no plans of actually paying them their full money.
On many of the contracts, before the official documents were released, he quoted 50 million to the contractors, and told them he would pay them once they've completed their portions. Oya now, the contractors went about borrowing money from different areas to finish their work. But once the official documents were released, wetin dem see? 7 million naira, 8 million naira, 6 million naira!
How are you going to go about repaying all the debt of 50 million you borrowed, when you're only going to get 6 million naira for every?!!

Omo, a lot of the work has been abandoned sharp sharp! A lot of the contractors don get stroke. This is heartless 419 from the Imo government.

This man has gone about betraying all the people that helped him get to the top - from Martin Agbaso (Imo APGA don) whose brother he humiliated all because he was desperate to join APC and the Agbasos objected, to the much-respected Assumpta Cathedral Archbishop AJV who has now severed all ties with him for failing to keep his promise of delivering Imo even after saying it before the blessed sacrament.

This man is as greedy and selfish as they come. He got his mandate through APGA; and in the twinkle of the eye, is now cross-carpeting to APC without even consulting his party, all because of his desperation to be Vice President under Buhari.

He's a greedy, selfish, calculative conman.
A total disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by chino11(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2013
Abagworo: Looking at these pictures, you could only tell the quality of the roads if you met them at stage1(1st picture). The rest just lool beautiful and green like every other road. Roads in Rivers dont look beautiful and green but if you witness the materials used during construction, you would understand the quality. Notice the use of laterite on this road. Owerri is lucky not to be shanty and on a flatland, otherwise the fate of its roads wouldnt have been different from Aba and Onitsha.

Why cant you ever stay on the topic? Must you always mention any Anambra city to shield your insecurity?

The fact is that roches is a disaster as a gov. He is a talkative with shabbiness on the ground to show for incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by kross01(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Abagworo:

IMHO the quality of the roads are not up to standard or at least my desired standard like in Rivers State. Its more like Akwa-Ibom with normal drainage and laterite, hardcore,stonedust, tar. In Rivers 8feet of surface soil is dug out and refilled with "white sharp sand" before hardcore, stonedust and tarring. Laterite is prohibited in road construction as far as Rivers State is concerned.
In as much as i'm not here to dispute your write up, it will do u more good to consult with professionals before positing such in a forum. Every soil/earth in a particular location has its own qualities, & before a road construction project is embarked on such, the soil sample is tested. Rivers is a swampy area so the same method used for rivers state wont be used for enugu state which has a totally different stony soil kind of.i've seen a road construction project in queenstown(SA) where raw cement is being used to form a layer above the hardcore.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Ejine(m): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2013
kross_01:
In as much as i'm not here to dispute your write up, it will do u more good to consult with professionals before positing such in a forum. Every soil/earth in a particular location has its own qualities, & before a road construction project is embarked on such, the soil sample is tested. Rivers is a swampy area so the same method used for rivers state wont be used for enugu state which has a totally different stony soil kind of.i've seen a road construction project in queenstown(SA) where raw cement is being used to form a layer above the hardcore.

Gbam! Abagworo too dey phuck up sometimes, that some of his comments can be so jaw-droppingly devoid of logic that I'm like, "Bros... Tell me you didn't just write that" shocked

But he's cool sha.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Abagworo(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Ejiné:

When he first came to office, he started awarding road construction contracts all over the place just for political points. Never mind that he had no plans of actually paying them their full money.
On many of the contracts, before the official documents were released, he quoted 50 million to the contractors, and told them he would pay them once they've completed their portions. Oya now, the contractors went about borrowing money from different areas to finish their work. But once the official documents were released, wetin dem see? 7 million naira, 8 million naira, 6 million naira!
How are you going to go about repaying all the debt of 50 million you borrowed, when you're only going to get 6 million naira for every?!!

Omo, a lot of the work has been abandoned sharp sharp! A lot of the contractors don get stroke. This is heartless 419 from the Imo government.

This man has gone about betraying all the people that helped him get to the top - from Martin Agbaso (Imo APGA don) whose brother he humiliated all because he was desperate to join APC and the Agbasos objected, to the much-respected Assumpta Cathedral Archbishop AJV who has now severed all ties with him for failing to keep his promise of delivering Imo even after saying it before the blessed sacrament.

This man is as greedy and selfish as they come. He got his mandate through APGA; and in the twinkle of the eye, is now cross-carpeting to APC without even consulting his party, all because of his desperation to be Vice President under Buhari.

A total disgrace.

I don't think Rochas makes as much noise as a lot of people make it seem. Most of the people condemning him are those who planned to rip from government but failed. I am a witness to his developmental programs and I'm in no way related to him nor do I know or benefit from him. That Owerri zone governorship is crap. It won't work till 2019 and I honestly believe an Mbaise or Ikeduru/Mbaitoli man will emerge and not Owerri proper. Governorship is not trade by barter and its good Okorocha relieved himself of Agbaso and their so called APGA. I believe Okorocha is coming back 2015 as governor under APC and not as Buhari's vice.

I have already stated that the quality of roads is below my expectation but there aesthetics are up to standard. However we cannot compare Rochas achievement in 2 years with 1999 to 2007 as he has already out-performed Ohakim + Udenwa combined. Let us be real and call a spade what it is. The major complaints I've noticed in Imo State is that he has not paid those whose houses were demolished and contractors are being owed.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You have to wait till end of time or when the pigs fly!
Welcome back Papi! oh! i missed you so much cheesy
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Ejiné:

A total disgrace.
can't believe you are spewing this trash about my governor. please before you pour out more venom, you have to prove to me in particular that he owes contractors. you can't just say what you don't know. Did you ever here that contractors are being owed in Imo state? please prove me wrong instead of joining forces with non imolites to discredit Rochas. Your Governor is not better than Rochas despite being in office longer him. Tell me what your governor has achieved and let's compare.
Re: Rochas Developmental Programmes Shown On AIT by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2013
The controversial contract between Jbros or whatever it is called with the state government is a perfect example. Imo state government never owed the contractor. instead part of the money was diverted to the accounts of the former deputy governor which made the contract to be abandoned. So for Ejine to say contractors are being owed thereby making developmental projects to be abandoned is a LIE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Buhari Can Become The Next President Of Niigeria / Sultan Of Sokoto Orders Immediate Release of Kogi Lecturer / Sanusi's Letter Is The Biggest Lie In Nigerian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.