Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields (890 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Language For Numerical Analysis & Scientific Computation? / Scientific Calculator Help! / Scientific Reading! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields by Danyl(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
Gud day great programmers,i just concluded an application bt i nid to update the database that serves as the backend for the app, meanwhile am trying to create JFrame form to update the derby database bt i nid to include symbols and scientific notations in the strings n text to be entered into the db,pls o how best can i tweak d textfields/JFormattedTextField to enter such notations e.g. Exponents-2 raised to power 2, n symbols-alpha,beta,squares and square root symbols etc.
Re: Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields by krap(m): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
Danyl: Gud day great programmers,i just concluded an application bt i nid to update the database that serves as the backend for the app, meanwhile am trying to create JFrame form to update the derby database bt i nid to include symbols and scientific notations in the strings n text to be entered into the db,pls o how best can i tweak d textfields/JFormattedTextField to enter such notations e.g. Exponents-2 raised to power 2, n symbols-alpha,beta,squares and square root symbols etc.

One would need to understand the nature of your application to proffer a solution.
Re: Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields by javadoctor(m): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2013
In java, inputs are idea from subclasses of java.lang.Number or java.lang.String,so it's best to append a character to a string,if its a string to be dealt for calculation ,a method subString(int a,int b) from class String can demacate a portion @ an index
Re: Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields by Danyl(m): 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
@java doctor,thanks
@krap,the nature of d applicatn isn't wat really matter, i just want to update a database for building a question database n d one netbeans-CRUD generatd 4me isn't wat i nid,the textfields can't be adapted to receive such inputs i.e. Raisn numbers to power like 10^3, and square root symbols. I thought JFormattedField wil do it bt i nid more info on it...or probably if ders an API 4it

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Programmers / Want To Ask If It's Possible To Learn Programming, Through Phone. / Introduction To Basic Terminal Commands For Linux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.