Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? (16205 Views)

I Saw This Picture On Twitter Can Hardly Believe It..is This For Real? / Nysc/mdgs WAP Project / Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
justice: Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing this piece to expose the sheer corruption and financial sleeze going on in the NYSC/MDGs/WAP scheme with the hopes that through your reputable blogsite, I and other fellow victims of this set-up will get the needed attention that will possibly turn the searchlight of anti-graft bodies in the right direction. That way we can begin to get answers and solutions.

I believe the NYSC/MDGs/WAP Scheme initiative was set up by the MDGs and the Federal Government to help eradicate poverty (one of the goals of the MDGs) the empowerment of young graduates who are in the federal government orientation programme, NYSC. However, from the turn of events, it would appear that this noble scheme has been hijacked by some unscrupulous public officials involved in the execution of the programme, giving the shabby way we have been handled; our discharge certificates witheld as collateral for loans that does not seem to ever come and a worthless NYSC letter of reference that has continued to be the object of rejection and derision by every prospective employer.

With this brief introduction, I am going to be more detailed. Knowing how vengeful and wicked corrupt public officials can be, I am going to be writing this exposition incognito, I shall be using the psuedonym Justice.

I was one of the participants of the NYSC/MDGs/WAP 7th Edition 2nd stream in december 2012. The programme was a 10-day empowerment training program in Agriculture and Agro-businesses from which one could choose any two Agro- businesses in the list to set up after the training. At the end of the training, we were told we would be given an interest-free loan ranging from N150,000-N300,000 depending on how capital intensive the choice of Agro-business a participant chooses.

According to the government lawyer
( whom I suspect is also an accomplice in the fraud as he would not answer certain questionable clauses in the shabily prepared MOU that had the potentials to put young participants just starting out in a vicious debt if the business should suffer any failure as there was no part of the MOU that addressed contingencies) the following pre-requisites must be met to be qualified for the loan:
1. Get a guarantor who must be a level 12 civil servant if in the civil service or a professional in the private sector with a minimum of 10-15yrs in practice (can't remember exactly the number) and a registered member of a professional body.
(a) These guarantors shall submit photocopies of their I.D cards for civil servants and membership certificates for those in the private sector.
(b) They must agree to be the recipients of legal actions or bear responsibility should the participant they stand for defaults on payment of the loan, irrespective of the reasons.
2. Our NYSC discharge certificates shall be witheld in their custody as a collateral for the already guaranteed Loan ( that potentially threatened prospective guarantors) until when the loan is repaid.

Inspite of all these very obvious flaws in the MOU with potentials to turn one into a debtor, so much for a programme that supposedly was set up to empower young people just starting out, we went ahead to meet their criteria, and submitted as directed. I know at this point, anyone reading this piece will ask the very obvious question: why did we not opt out of such agreements if we were not comfortable with it? The truth is, we couldn't do that, not after we had attended the full 10-day training, they threatened to deal with anyone that dared to opt out after recieving the training, the only way anyone could opt out was to pay the full cost of the training which they pegged at around N85,000-N100,000.

Anyway, in place of our witheld discharge certificates, we were given a reference letter from NYSC which has proved to be worthless both to purpose and in the quality of the paper it was wriiten on.
Now it has been four months since we attended the programme in december, we are yet to get any loan, our certificates or any explanation from the officials why nothing is happening. Bad enough, one can't even apply for any job without prospective employers requesting for one's NYSC discharge certificate. Efforts to get to the NYSC/MDGs WAP officials have proved impossible, it is like most of the numbers given are non-functional. Those that have taken their time to visit the NYSC secretariate have only been made to go through needless bureaucratic bottleneck that is frustrating and tiring.
In conclusion Sir/Madam, you will be helping to fight corruption if you post this piece on your very popular blog.
Thank You in anticipation for your understanding and cooperation.

Yours sincerely
Victim of the Nigerian corrupt system
somebody sent this to my mail, this evening, quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Moderators pls find a way to get this topic to the front page it is a very serious issue. I have seen similar posts on FB about this same issue of government officials using NYSC corpse members to access funds only to use the funds for their personal businesses while the people it is meant for continue to wait and lose opportunities because their discharge certificates had been used as collateral for funds that have been diverted. Abeg anyone with connections to EFFC should also look into the matter.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by joseph1832(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2013
Moderators front page please!

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2013
oga moderators pls ooooo....front page

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 14, 2013
I can't say anything categorical about this cos i may be wrong about it.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Screwface(m): 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
Dude, I have just one thing to say to your plight:
You write damn well!! Damn!

11 Likes

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Warlord3000(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
Its pretty obvious that the clauses sef get "K-Leg"

Imagine someone with:holding ur nysc certificate all because of 150K-300K..

And finding a level 12 guarantor...
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by touchmeder: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Screwface: Dude, I have just one thing to say to your plight:
You write damn well!! Damn!

A career in journalism once he gets his NYSC discharge certificate abi lipsrsealed
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by strangest(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
Over to you... Oga at the top.. This is unfair nah.. Must we continue suffering in this country, how can you use someone's certificate to collect loan and later divert it to your own nominated account... Shame on you!!
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by DisGuy: 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
if you are involved directly; please name those in charge
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by elmagnifico411(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
i fink dat stuff is a totak waste of time, cos if u join dem like i did during nysc, ure just gonna be into some obsucred stuff and d 250k wont even come after ur year of service.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by kenraj(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
These govt.officials are wicked, callous and heartless. Considering the fact that they have their own folks also who are students and will be corpers one day. Law of karma is not a basterd I know for sure.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Johnson6: 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
what kind of agric u guys want to do wit dat kind of money.dat is crazy.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Onyenna(m): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by ismokeweed1(f): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
rhymz: Moderators pls find a way to get this topic to the front page it is a very serious issue. I have seen similar posts on FB about this same issue of government officials using NYSC corpse members to access funds only to use the funds for their personal businesses while the people it is meant for continue to wait and lose opportunities because their discharge certificates had been used as collateral for funds that have been diverted. Abeg anyone with connections to EFFC should also look into the matter.

its CORPS and not CORPSE

4 Likes

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by badooo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
Dis guy is fool n too desperate 4 him 2 gv out his discharge certificate 4 jst 300k. U can get 300k within 3 mnths if u're lucky 2 get a gud job wit ur discharge certificate. Me no too pity u jor

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by prettycentia(f): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
it is never my portion.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Seyixyz: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
I was part of NYSC-MDG's..Wen i hear my certificate as collatra 4 d loan,mehn,i james bondly cut-out oh..Na wetin?Hw much b d money self?

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by julioralph(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
rhymz: Moderators pls find a way to get this topic to the front page it is a very serious issue. I have seen similar posts on FB about this same issue of government officials using NYSC corpse members to access funds only to use the funds for their personal businesses while the people it is meant for continue to wait and lose opportunities because their discharge certificates had been used as collateral for funds that have been diverted. Abeg anyone with connections to EFFC should also look into the matter.
sad tale.
By the way nowadays, d EFCC only goes after those who offend the powers that be.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by LordRafbad: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
Na d person mistake u dey target ba? SMH
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by kumari089(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
@op u shouldn't av gotten urself involve in dat project afterall aw much is d money. D same money is what u can rally around 4 among family members. If wat u say is anything 2 go by den mention dere names.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by greall1: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
wasting of money and Fraud
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by apacheguy: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ds is serious if what u hav said is true, i wld rather advice that d victims of ds scandals come togeda & take strategic steps and get to d bottom of d whole huruhuru at play, probably get an activist lawyer to pursue your course...
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
Warlord3000: Its pretty obvious that the clauses sef get "K-Leg"

Imagine someone with:holding ur nysc certificate all because of 150K-300K..

And finding a level 12 guarantor...
ok, my younger brother is a victim as well, so I can confidently comment about this issue, I saw the two memoradum of understanding that were given to him and I also have the letter of refernce in my Laptop that was given to them in place of their "seized" discharged certificate.
The first problem with the MoU was the very obvious lack of contingent plan in the event the agric business fails. It is folly for the officials to assume that everyone that attended the programme must succeed in practice when they are eventually handed over this "fictitious loans". Even great business men and entreprenuers fails at some of their business endeavors let alone youngstars that have nothing besides a 10-day training and an expected loan that obviously has been diverted.
In a way, giving how the MoU was structured, there is a very high tendency for the participants to get in a vicious debt, should anything go wrong during the execution of the business he has been trained for, he has no option than to succeed by hook or crook means (little wonder many of them do sth else with the money) yet the programme is supposed to be for empowerment and self-reliance.
Another flaw in the MoU was the siezing of participants discharge certificates. This is the height of wickedness. If the business fails, you are ruined, you have to worry about paying back the debt, reasons for the business failure is immaterial to these people, as if that is not bad enough, you cant get a decent job without the NYSC discharge certificate, so in a way, the programme is an entrapment.
Before I forget, there is a clause in the MOU that threatens the guarantor with legal actions if the guaranteed defaults on payment, na guaranto must pay for the person wey im dey guarantee. . .lol. . Scam. And up till now, no news, no more money and no NYSC discharge certificate. I understand that the previous batch is yet to get as well. These are people that promised to release this funds once the MOU was submitted. This country is full of Fraudstars.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by ExcelDec(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Bro, your story is really nt d first it is true, I mean d MDG Scheme is a HUGE SCAM.
My friend studied B.Sc Fisheries, went for d so called training n got d
"training allowance", d guarantor but had his discharge certificate seized.
Infact. . .he did not see or know how his own certificate looked like, after 2months of frustration wit d fake introduction/referal letta, he had to pay d training fee to redeem his NYSC Discharge Certificate.
It is very painful to labour in vain.
May God help Nigerian Unemployed Youths. Amen

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by richmoney99: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
may God bless naija
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
Seyixyz: I was part of NYSC-MDG's..Wen i hear my certificate as collatra 4 d loan,mehn,i james bondly cut-out oh..Na wetin?Hw much b d money self?
Unless you did not attend the training you can't just "james bond" after recieving the training, T.F allowance and the feeding.

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
Well, before everybody starts crucifying anybody, i tink i should cme in, i am a dkf(development knowledge facilitator) and a beneficiary of wap, i did mine in 2012 also, and i will say u cannot blame graduate for putting down his or her discharge certificate 4 250k, knowing fully well that, getting graduate jobs isnt easy this days, but the truth be told, the training i received there was worth more than 250k and even my bsc. (i stand to be corrected). Because with the training i have the knowledge of going into farming profitably, which am doing now with my 250k. I studied mcb in school, today how many jobs are there 4 graduates of this course, but that 10days wap training has given another opportunity to go into some thing worthwhile(farming).
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by OCcool: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
And to think dat I almost registered for it...
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by osifred(m): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Nigeria don tire me.

The whole nysc thing is a big fraud

@op write to the DG
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by coolestboy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
I left orientation camp some weeks ago, i couldn't stop laughing at corp members gushing out 4 d training as if they were oblivious of d scamming and looting rate in our country...can't really say dt serves dem rite, but i hope dey uses dat fluid in dia skulls wen they see a scamming alert in guise of money making.
Sowie dear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna State Batch A15 / Nairalanders, Share Your NYSC Passing Out Pictures / NYSC Call-Up Letter For 2019 Batch B Stream 1 Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.