Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? (16206 Views)

I Saw This Picture On Twitter Can Hardly Believe It..is This For Real? / Nysc/mdgs WAP Project / Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
@Op tell ur broda and every other person that care to know to visit nysc mdgs wap facebook page to see testimonies of beneficiaries of this program. It is nt a fraud.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
elmagnifico411: i fink dat stuff is a totak waste of time, cos if u join dem like i did during nysc, ure just gonna be into some obsucred stuff and d 250k wont even come after ur year of service.
thats a lie sir, wap made me a better person, i have the option of going into agriculture, and still with my bsc, i was trained on animal husbandry, but am into fishery because of the fish market in my state, and i can as well go into my cattle, goat, sheep or pig rearing. Nysc mdgsWap rocks. I will advice u, just check their fb page.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
John_son: what kind of agric u guys want to do wit dat kind of money.dat is crazy.
its nt crazy, our motto was START small, grow BIG.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
ExcelDec: Bro, your story is really nt d first it is true, I mean d MDG Scheme is a HUGE SCAM.
My friend studied B.Sc Fisheries, went for d so called training n got d
"training allowance", d guarantor but had his discharge certificate seized.
Infact. . .he did not see or know how his own certificate looked like, after 2months of frustration wit d fake introduction/referal letta, he had to pay d training fee to redeem his NYSC Discharge Certificate.
It is very painful to labour in vain.
May God help Nigerian Unemployed Youths. Amen
your friend sorry to say,is an educated illiterate, u studied fishery, u went 4 a training and u crying 4 a certificate that isnt relevant to u as a fish farmer.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
One problem with nigerians is, they do not get sufficient information before jumping into things, like this man complaining, didnt get enof infor b4 jumping into d wap program, like me i got all d infor i needed before registering for the wap training, i knew all the terms and conditions before attending the training.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
The truth is mdg wap isnt a fraud, it is a geniune program to assist graduates, becme independent after service, no doubt there wouldnt be some minor set backs between the banks of beneficiaries(corpers) and nysc wap, but wen u channel ur complain to the right place, u ll get quick response, jus visit dat fb link to c how we r helping each oda, hausa guy helping the igboman, we r jst a big hapi family there. U can even market ur farm produce ther.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
I hope u guys are convinced now that wap isnt a fraud, d loan delay is jst because of the delay in fg budget approval at the national assembly. All this issues were addressed during the training, some corp members like dis op's persn was there roaming up and down, during the training or chasing babes there.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Ontop559: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
Thank God that this post come out on time i would hav become one of their victim
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by chris365(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
Seriously, the whole NYSC has become like the subsidy scam. Only d officials gain from the scheme. This guy's talking bout MDG. Before we passed out my LGI at ikoyi (ms minima) told us to pay 5k before she could clear us. The scheme is pure rubish. We would go for evry cds and sit at d local government doing nothin and at the end of the day she would come and tell us to pay 1k for sumtin we wont see. I repeat the scheme is a scam. It was back in the days that it served its purpose. Now it chop i chop. Even your PPa wiill treat u like trash.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by tessyade: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
I think prospective corpers should learn from the poster's experience and stay away from this scam. I remember hearing such 'sweet' things during my nysc days but i said to myself: 'such good and sweet things can't come easily especially in Nigeria.'
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by Shugamania(f): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Seyixyz: I was part of NYSC-MDG's..Wen i hear my certificate as collatra 4 d loan,mehn,i james bondly cut-out oh..Na wetin?Hw much b d money self?

Lol.. When i heard that clause too, i just begin use all d pple wey join laff. Am sure if this news had gone public some two months ago people would have stopped falling victim. Now, another set of corp members has fallen into their trap...unto 300k.
MDG ko..
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by jay2k(m): 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
brother u guys should gathers all d people dat r involved in d whole thing and get an activist,@ d same time demonstrate to wea ever dea headoffice is...by so doing,all appropriate quater will through d media nd oda medium hea u guys..nd all d crook involved will fell threatened nd think of what to do for u guys...think about dis nd c what u guys can achieve....i pity u guys....God help u guys shaaa..
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by chessguru1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
Didn't bother reading all that. Knew they were a scam right from camp. Didn't bother joining
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
deandavid: thats a lie sir, wap made me a better person, i have the option of going into agriculture, and still with my bsc, i was trained on animal husbandry, but am into fishery because of the fish market in my state, and i can as well go into my cattle, goat, sheep or pig rearing. Nysc mdgsWap rocks. I will advice u, just check their fb page.
Guy do you mind shutting up and stop this stooopid sycophancy? What do you know about Agic business that you are yapping about? My Uncle owns a very large Agric business right opposite our family compound, I once managed the poultry section of the Agric business and I know how difficult it is to make profit and keep the business going. Until you have been able to start off the business and pay off the loan, don't come here praise singing about stuff you are just starting to do. What is the success rate of the program, how many people actually succeeded amongst the many people that enrolled for the program. If 500 people enrolled in the programmme and only say 150 people succeeded while the remaining 350 become debtors by default of the flawed MOU they signed then it is not a success, period. Go sing your praises to people that do not know what it takes to do business in Nigeria.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
deandavid: I hope u guys are convinced now that wap isnt a fraud, d loan delay is jst because of the delay in fg budget approval at the national assembly. All this issues were addressed during the training, some corp members like dis op's persn was there roaming up and down, during the training or chasing babes there.
Obviously you are an agent of the Fraud, soon you will be exppsed.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by nijanigga: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
Many Nigerians will tell you that Nigeria is the best place on earth,yet youths are robbed of their future,so much labour and nothing to show for it.I bet you,somebody got the funds,trying to loot or have already deposited the funds in a bank to make some quick interest money.
If you dash them $100 free money,they will tell you it's chicken change and corpers are mortgaging their future for just 300k , I dey laugh oh.Without revolution,there is no hope for Nigerian youths,the future is doomed from the start.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by bomee(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
I benefited from the scheme as a corp member in 2011. I was given a loan of 250k about a month to d end of my service year. I think it a laudable scheme, its unfortunate ur set hasn't been paid. The scheme would benefit only those who are very willing to work for themselves although the loan is not too encouraging but it can jump start a small scale agric biz provided u r dedicated n willing to add substantial amount of ur personal money to it. I have no regret so far. About holding back of d certificate, its to encourage benefactor to concentrate on d project n to put d money into good use. Many benefactors attend d program just for the money they r paid for attending then they quickly return the loan to retrieve their cert. This "nigerian sense" defeats d purpose of d scheme. I think its a laudable scheme as getting a good job seem to be difficult, it encourages young graduates to work for themselves n b employers. Its a known fact that NYSC cert wld b withheld till d loan is paid so uninterested corp member should have opted out before the training commenced. In ur case, I wld suggest u write to the appropriate authority for release of ur cert or d loan.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
bomee: I benefited from the scheme as a corp member in 2011. I was given a loan of 250k about a month to d end of my service year. I think it a laudable scheme, its unfortunate ur set hasn't been paid. The scheme would benefit only those who are very willing to work for themselves although the loan is not too encouraging but it can jump start a small scale agric biz provided u r dedicated n willing to add substantial amount of ur personal money to it. I have no regret so far. About holding back of d certificate, its to encourage benefactor to concentrate on d project n to put d money into good use. Many benefactors attend d program just for the money they r paid for attending then they quickly return the loan to retrieve their cert. This "nigerian sense" defeats d purpose of d scheme. I think its a laudable scheme as getting a good job seem to be difficult, it encourages young graduates to work for themselves n b employers. Its a known fact that NYSC cert wld b withheld till d loan is paid so uninterested corp member should have opted out before the training commenced. In ur case, I wld suggest u write to the appropriate authority for release of ur cert or d loan.
of course it is a very laudable scheme if well intended and planned well with all sincerity of purpose. However, some criminal officials have obviously hijacked the process, it is like they want you to be frustrated to the point you start worrying about your NYSc discharge certificate and not the loan that obviously has been diverted.
Another aspect that must not be overlooked is have contingent plan for eventualities. It is very unrealistic for the organizers to assume that everyone is going to succeed in realizing the aims of the project if they do everything right. You can do everything right and still fail, that is a fact, why should participants be 100 liable if for instance if they fail due to factors they can not control or stop? It is absurd and wicked abeg.

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by searay(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
NYSC/MDG-FACOR. I regreted joining this CD group. My allowee finish but yet no loan not even a certificate.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by bomee(m): 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
rhymz: of course it is a very laudable scheme if well intended and planned well with all sincerity of purpose. However, some criminal officials have obviously hijacked the process, it is like they want you to be frustrated to the point you start worrying about your NYSc discharge certificate and not the loan that obviously has been diverted.
Another aspect that must not be overlooked is have contingent plan for eventualities. It is very unrealistic for the organizers to assume that everyone is going to succeed in realizing the aims of the project if they do everything right. You can do everything right and still fail, that is a fact, why should participants be 100 liable if for instance if they fail due to factors they can not control or stop? It is absurd and wicked abeg.
Well I agree with u on officials hijacking the process but about eventualities I do not agree. Corp meembers that participated in d scheme willingly submitted their application, this indicates that they know what they were entering into. A top NYSC official once visited my farm(officially) to know how far with my project, he collected detailed info on all activities carried out wc was well documented. That's called follow up. At least in not all graduates that get decent jobs or r self employed. I av no intention of convincing u d scheme is perfect but its commendable. U aint a benefactor so u might not fully understand but I can tell u that d scheme sure made some of us employers of labour. 50 graduates might succeed from d selected 500 but it sure got other pips employed. Some participant wld not still succeed if they were given a loan of 1 million.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by dusty84(m): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
Its like you have failed to realize that this whole country is a scam, talk more of MDG projects,all exist onn white paper but nothing will come out eventually.even the EFCC nah scam it self so stop wasting your time to blow grammar and patiently WAIT FOR YOUR TIME.capish!!
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by xzit(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
rhymz: somebody sent this to my mail, this evening, quite interesting.

Please endeavor to advice this individual to submit a class action petition on this matter to EFCC. The victims have a very good case here, they just need to make it hot in the kitchen...this is so so wrong!
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by samilo88(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2013
Is 150-300k that big that anyone would mortgage his or her discharge cert for it? Even for 1m I won't even give my WAEC cert not to talk of the all important NYSC discharge cert. All these boil down to the uncertainties graduates tend to face after service, thereby making some unscrupulous elements dangle the carrot as bait to entrap unsuspecting corp members. May God help us in this country.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
bomee:
Well I agree with u on officials hijacking the process but about eventualities I do not agree. Corp meembers that participated in d scheme willingly submitted their application, this indicates that they know what they were entering into. A top NYSC official once visited my farm(officially) to know how far with my project, he collected detailed info on all activities carried out wc was well documented. That's called follow up. At least in not all graduates that get decent jobs or r self employed. I av no intention of convincing u d scheme is perfect but its commendable. U aint a benefactor so u might not fully understand but I can tell u that d scheme sure made some of us employers of labour. 50 graduates might succeed from d selected 500 but it sure got other pips employed. Some participant wld not still succeed if they were given a loan of 1 million.
You are not getting the point here young man, that is the problem with an average Nigerian youngstar, many lack the ability to be holistic and thorough in their analysis of processes. I don't get excited by the mere thoughts of prospects and positive thoughts alone, there is a thing in business called contingencies i.e in simple terms, plan B, a method of controlling a process or at least stopping a situation from getting worse.
I operate a Poultry farm myself and trust me, the experiences you get from practice is nothing similar to what your instructor teaches you. For instance, for poultry experiences, there are diseases occassioned by wheather change that can kill all your birds in a matter of days, what happens then? Do you go to them and explain to them that all your birds just died like that? Who will believe you? Is it that idiot they call Prince Momoh that is so full of himself that he feels he has seen it all?
Let me give you another instance, my Uncle bought 2000 fingerlings and put in his pond, after like 2wks, palm fruits from a palm tree close to the fish ponds fell into the pond and guess what? They all died? Till as I write, my Uncle and the owner of the palm tree are at it threatening fire and brimstone. Imagine such eventualities happening to a person that has only borrowed a loan to do all these things only to face these kind of stuff, you run into troubles. This goes beyond whether you signed knowing fully well the consequencies, if actually it is a government programme to help empower this people, then it should not be set up in a way that benefactors are susceptible to falling into debts and troubles just in a bid to avail themselves the opportunities. You are just starting out, don't start acting like you have got it all figured out wait until you are able to start making profits and pay off the debt. Close to 500 people attend this programme, can they boast and say in every of the batches close to 90% of these people succed? And you know what happens when you donllt succeed? You become a helpless debtor. That is where contingencie would have helped to address. You guys need to stop getting unecccessarily excited, I have been in this business long enough to know that it is not black and white as sold to you learners.
When they want to get high on positivism the play videos of benefactors that have gotten the loan and kick start the business, they dont tell you if the person has been able to make profits, pay off the loan and still remain in business, do they?
Starting off does not mean you have succeeded my dear, anyone can start those agro businesses longevity is the true test of success. Besides, it is most likely that very few were even able to kick start the business what about the majority that couldn't? They unwittingly fall into a vicious cycle of debt. Then the next thing, their guarantors become agents of harrassment and government intimidation. Abeg relax jor, they need to be sincere with what they hope to achieve with the scheme, with the way it is presently constituted, they are turning more youngstars to debtors than they are helping to become self reliant. If you dou t me, tell them to publish their success and failure rates, you will be shocked to your marrow how these guys are getting people into debts in the guise of rendering help.

1 Like

Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by deandavid(m): 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
Rhyms are u a learner? U fada own poultry or wateva, its nt profitable yet u stil in it, mind u we were trained on biz mgt ther 2, how to plan and insure for any inventuality. Before i 4get, after d training, i started fish farm in warri wit 1 pond last year, by d grace of God i have 2 nw, with 4500 fish of 2 mnths plus, u said u r into agric, u shuld knw how much fish feed costs, hence u shuld knw how much am spending nw 2 feed. Oboy, i no fit argue wit u, make una leave mata 4 mathias. If 9ja govt do, una go complain, if dm no do una go still complain.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rapmike(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2013
YOU SEE!!! I SUSPECTED THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN! AFTER LIFTING THE HOPES OF PEOPLE UP, POLITICIANS COME IN TO DESTROY THE PROJECT! when i read a post about NYSC trying to promoting agriculture in Nigeria by offering facilities to enable it, i suspected something like this will happen. i remember that when this particular post
https://www.nairaland.com/1226140/farms-opened-nationwide-nysc-youth#14768226
was released, i prayed that politician don't get their hands into it. now it seems that has happened
when this type of things happen, how do u want to encourage honest youths that really want to go into agriculture? it is a pity that mass greed from people will always destroy any good things that will come up to help the masses.
at times the way we behave in Nigeria makes me to remember sharks, because at times we behave like sharks, we always destroy our kind to satisfy ourselves..
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by tmontee: 1:11am On Apr 15, 2013
rhymz: You are not getting the point here young man, that is the problem with an average Nigerian youngstar, many lack the ability to be holistic and thorough in their analysis of processes. I don't get excited by the mere thoughts of prospects and positive thoughts alone, there is a thing in business called contingencies i.e in simple terms, plan B, a method of controlling a process or at least stopping a situation from getting worse.
I operate a Poultry farm myself and trust me, the experiences you get from practice is nothing similar to what your instructor teaches you. For instance, for poultry experiences, there are diseases occassioned by wheather change that can kill all your birds in a matter of days, what happens then? Do you go to them and explain to them that all your birds just died like that? Who will believe you? Is it that idiot they call Prince Momoh that is so full of himself that he feels he has seen it all?
Let me give you another instance, my Uncle bought 2000 fingerlings and put in his pond, after like 2wks, palm fruits from a palm tree close to the fish ponds fell into the pond and guess what? They all died? Till as I write, my Uncle and the owner of the palm tree are at it threatening fire and brimstone. Imagine such eventualities happening to a person that has only borrowed a loan to do all these things only to face these kind of stuff, you run into troubles. This goes beyond whether you signed knowing fully well the consequencies, if actually it is a government programme to help empower this people, then it should not be set up in a way that benefactors are susceptible to falling into debts and troubles just in a bid to avail themselves the opportunities. You are just starting out, don't start acting like you have got it all figured out wait until you are able to start making profits and pay off the debt. Close to 500 people attend this programme, can they boast and say in every of the batches close to 90% of these people succed? And you know what happens when you donllt succeed? You become a helpless debtor. That is where contingencie would have helped to address. You guys need to stop getting unecccessarily excited, I have been in this business long enough to know that it is not black and white as sold to you learners.
When they want to get high on positivism the play videos of benefactors that have gotten the loan and kick start the business, they dont tell you if the person has been able to make profits, pay off the loan and still remain in business, do they?
Starting off does not mean you have succeeded my dear, anyone can start those agro businesses longevity is the true test of success. Besides, it is most likely that very few were even able to kick start the business what about the majority that couldn't? They unwittingly fall into a vicious cycle of debt. Then the next thing, their guarantors become agents of harrassment and government intimidation. Abeg relax jor, they need to be sincere with what they hope to achieve with the scheme, with the way it is presently constituted, they are turning more youngstars to debtors than they are helping to become self reliant. If you dou t me, tell them to publish their success and failure rates, you will be shocked to your marrow how these guys are getting people into debts in the guise of rendering help.

Rhymz, I'm really struggling to get your angle here. Except you want this 'loan' to become a 'grant' I think you may be expecting too much from the lender in terms of contingencies. Contingencies (like you call them) do happen even though we hope they don't,and when they do the lender may just be benevolent enough to restructure the loan to facilitate easier repayment, but it doesn't take away the fact that you owe some money. The risks here are quite high though, especially as most of the loan beneficiaries are first timers. I empathise with the op as he has not received the money yet but a Loan is a loan and good enough it is interest free.
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by calcal: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2013
is this money enough to start Agric business? what about land? clear the bush? instruments? eat before the crops mature? etc. $1000.00?
Re: NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? by rhymz(m): 5:07am On Apr 15, 2013
tmontee:

Rhymz, I'm really struggling to get your angle here. Except you want this 'loan' to become a 'grant' I think you may be expecting too much from the lender in terms of contingencies. Contingencies (like you call them) do happen even though we hope they don't,and when they do the lender may just be benevolent enough to restructure the loan to facilitate easier repayment, but it doesn't take away the fact that you owe some money. The risks here are quite high though, especially as most of the loan beneficiaries are first timers. I empathise with the op as he has not received the money yet but a Loan is a loan and good enough it is interest free.
Actually, you have unwittingly hit the nail on the head, it is a loan that has to be paid, however, the payment structure is where I find the flaws. If for instance, a benefactor did everything as directed to do and yet in the end, the business fails, the burden of payment should not be borne entirely by the unlucky or unfortunate benefactor, it can be shared 50-50 between the government and the unfortunate benefactor. Let's face facts here, there are going to be cases like that more than expected sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna State Batch A15 / Nairalanders, Share Your NYSC Passing Out Pictures / NYSC 2013 Batch B Library Thread; Find State You Were Posted Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.