Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Romance Language - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Language (1806 Views)

Dear Romancelanders,who Would U Like To Romance On Nairaland? / Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Language by ATMC(f): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2013
A whole lot of people these days experience difficulty in their relationships. I'm aware of d different factors dt could make a relationship go sour but i consider gary chapman's five love language theory as a major factor.
1 words of affirmation: many people like to be spoken good of, praised, and appreciated with words. Whenever their partner fails to do so, they feel unloved.
2 acts of service: some people live to be served. They feel loved whenever someone washes their clothes,and cooks for them. They like to come home to a neat apartment. Any short of service makes them pout.
3physical touch: these group like being touched. Some of them like sexx a lot and are sometimes misunderstood. A child in this group always likes to be carried. A child dt's not in this group could be slapped by an adult and within a short period forget d slap but d child whose language is touch may forgive but will never forget because...you know why.
4 gifts: one whose language is gift appreciates gifts irrespective of d cost. But one whose language is not gift may have to consider d value of a gift before appreciating it.
5 Quality time: anybody whose language is quality time will rather sit and gist rather than go to a dance/party.
Nb; one can have more than one romantic language.
The easiest way to know one's language is to listen or pay attention to d very thing he or she complains about a lot.
If its quality time, d person may be complaining dt you don't spend time with him or her. If its acts of service, he or she may want u to cook or wash for them but i think you need to be careful lest you come across as 'trying too hard'.
If its physical touch...very sensitive, you may be misunderstood as a maniac and some other times touching someone can send d person some carnal message whereas you mean no harm.
What we were denied as a child or we lacked as a child often turns to become what we crave for as adults and as such when others provide us with dt thing we lacked, we consider d person romantic hence romance language.
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2013
@dondav read it again
Re: Romance Language by hidenconyo(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2013
what is romance language? i don't understand!
Re: Romance Language by ITbomb(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2013
So ATMC , u know all this and you are still keeping me waiting.
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2013
@itbomb .after you refused to teach me, i learnt d hard way cool
Re: Romance Language by EzePromoe: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2013
Emmm, make i just manage here incase this topic flash for FP embarassed
Re: Romance Language by ITbomb(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: @itbomb .after you refused to teach me, i learnt d hard way cool
I'm so sorry to hear that, so can you pls come back and 'learn' me what you learnt?
I can be a good practical student , u know.
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 11:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Once beaten, twice shy
Re: Romance Language by ITbomb(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
On a more serious note.
I ve been having problems with No. 4 'gifts':
It is said that ' where a man's [or woman's] treasure is , that is where his heart is.
The value of a gift is relative
To me , a gift of 10gigabytes internet would be much more romantic than a freshly pluck rose flower from Paris.
And for most girls , a BB curve 1 is more preferred romantic gift to a candle light dinner anywhere.
Gifts ruin relationships when the value of it is correlated with the quality and frequency of gifts especially when it is one-sided cos most girls believe the only gifts they can give are boxers and sexx.
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dt's a very wrong impression of girls. Same thing goes for some of us girls, most guys think they can get every girl with gifts, it only works when her love language is gift otherwise d guy will be beating a bag of sand. The reason you give a damn about d cost of gift is cos it aint your love language, if it is i tel you, you wont look d gift horse in d eye. Same goes for girls.
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
Quite a number of times we speak our love language to others thinking its theirs but its not true. When in a relationship you must speak d others language. You don't give a gift cos you appreciate gifts and so you expect dt he or she do same...no, you must labour to find what his or her romance language actually is. It could be quality time you never can tell.
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
So, ATMC, whats ur romance language cool
Re: Romance Language by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: Quite a number of times we speak our love language to others thinking its theirs but its not true. When in a relationship you must speak d others language. You don't give a gift cos you appreciate gifts and so you expect dt he or she do same...no, you must labour to find what his or her romance language actually is. It could be quality time you never can tell.

Timeless
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
@spike c quality time and yours?
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: @spike c quality time and yours?
Words of affirmation, physical touch and quality time.

Acts of service are mainly for women (Am not lazy BTW)
gifts is a general thing. IMHO, if it becomes too much, it sends a wrong impression. so i would say once in a while wink
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
smiley
I must say physical touch is for women only :-P how often do your cuddle a fellow guy but we women do cuddle our fellow females freely. Just joking
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: smiley
I must say physical touch is for women only :-P how often do your cuddle a fellow guy but we women do cuddle our fellow females freely. Just joking

lol..i meant from the opposite gender.
Tinkling, hair, toe and palm scraping. All those little stuffs that sends shivers down your spines. Me likey grin
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
But do these things actually send shivers down one's spine cos mine don't feel this shiver thing, seriously
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: But do these things actually send shivers down one's spine cos mine don't feel this shiver thing, seriously
grin
You need to change your bf...lol

Even my cousin (female) can send a tonne of it down my narrow spine wink
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
undecided
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: undecided
lipsrsealed

I haven't seen the pics
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
My boyfriend noticed and seized my password cry
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
ATMC: My boyfriend noticed and seized my password cry
undecided

Dull thread tongue
Re: Romance Language by ejifranks(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
I was once in a relationship with a girl who has the quality time feature and OMG she can talk for the next 1hour(sometimes on the phone) without getting tired and also expects me to reciprocate by fully being part of the discourse..any thing short of that gets her feeling sad and not valued .... anyway that spelled doom to the relationship cause i aint the talking type, just had to walk out cause we weren't compatible.....Nice one Op
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2013
I guess you didn't like her enough else you would have bothered to speak her love language...its good you quit on time
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2013
spikes C:
undecided

Dull thread tongue
HATER
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 11:11am On Apr 14, 2013
ATMC: HATER
undecided

Were u hoping for frontpage grin
Mogbe
Re: Romance Language by Walexz02(m): 11:43am On Apr 14, 2013
My own na physical toch...bt no b say u go come dey touch me anyhow o! U knw nw..
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
^ nobody's going to do dt to you, just tell d right one when its time dt that is your love language and you 're on for fulfillment in your relationship.

spikes C:
undecided

Were u hoping for frontpage grin
Mogbe
smh you know very well dt this thread is not a trial.
Re: Romance Language by spikesC(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
ATMC:
smh you know very well dt this thread is not a trial.

Is it for me smiley

Ok,i get it, thank you kiss
If u had led me to the right path of knowing this ur love romance language, i wouldn't have been wasting my time since nah....

Chai, all those gifts embarassed
Re: Romance Language by ATMC(f): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
Heeya

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Ways For Getting Big Breasts / Females On NL Pls See This Message, Open The Thread Pls, BIKO! / Why Are Guys Generous To Ladies And Stingy To The Same Sex ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.