Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? (11355 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / 6 Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:49am On Apr 16, 2013
apacheguy:
dt litre of daliva, na offering, jst manage am,
dats a stinking offering. U experience it one day. Am sure u ll love d odour. #Otondo.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2013
Those people wey no dey sleep make dem borrow me their juju o. I dey drop like one of those fowls Okiki mentioned earlier between Maryland and Onipanu sef!
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:44am On Apr 16, 2013
Many a times, I have slept in a public bus and miss stop by 2 stops or more. then I usually have to walk back or take a cab. undecided
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Roliks09: 6:57am On Apr 16, 2013
991: I didn't know if i slept or not, grin grin all i know is that i was woken up by the woman next to me just to inform me that we are now in Berger bus stop. grin grin grin
Dazz my broda. Na so me sef o. Bhet, dem don carry u pass busstop before?
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Roliks09: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Sike: ...Especially when i'm sitting near the window with those romantic wind blowing live to my face.
There's something about 'ategun express'.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by BBDelta(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Sorry, most times I sleep in the same room with friends and family and its being confirmed that I don't snore. I'm a peaceful sleeper, you won't even hear my breathing. I'm also a light sleeper, I notice everything that happens around me unless I'm dreaming.

Btw, I have huge phobia for snore, it creeps me out.

Ok, Vivy I hear oh.. Peaceful sleeper...LOL
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2013
Yes i do sleep. 2 times i passed 2 different bus stop forgot the sum of 900 with conductor ones. T times i got to the last bus stop with a passenger waking me up on each occasion. Ts i reminded th e driver about my change and bus stop and slept off. Smh. life is not a bed of roses. not that i am like that but ........ I could remember when a lady sitting beside me hv to wake me up everal times without number telling me to adjust myself. Mcheew. Smh.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by darellone: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2013
Personally, i do not see anything bad in such act. Moreover, i find it pleasurable sleeping in the bus when I'm leaving for work in the morning.

I usually sleep around 11:30pm and wake up as early as 5am. So I use the oppourtunity to make up for the standard minimum sleeping hours of 6hours.

Please dont blame, na Naija condition cause am.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Orikinla(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
NOT IN NIGERIA.
IT IS NOT SAFE.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by shilling(f): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
If I'm sleep deprived, definitely yes. I've missed my stop twice on my way back from school. Anyways, the transit system here (Victoria BC) is awesome so I take advantage of it lol.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by deavicky(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
those days while i was growing up i can never sleep in the vehicle wether public or private but now it appears that the one of the place i can get a sound sleep
greatgod2012: Sometimes, when i travel, i do travel through and with public transport system, since im not used to driving a long distance, what amazes me is the way people sleep during the journey. You see very handsome guys and very pretty babes all swaggling their heads inside the vehicles, some, even to the extent of snoring.....chai!sleeping in a commercial vehicle is what i have never done, so, it amazes me how and why people sleep in commercial vehicles that is always filled with people that are almost not known to us.
Its another thing, if its a private vehicle, at least few people and known people are the ones the person is going to be together with, but in a public car/buses, nay, i dont subscribe to it at all, but i know those who do it must have their reasons for it, so, lets share, this is weekend, lets relieve our tension and laugh/learn.
Also, the positive and negative effects of sleeping in public vehicles can also be discussed, which may serve as a kind of lesson to others.
Thanks and may God help us all.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
Freiburger: No, not even in an aircraft.

Which aircraft? Abuja to Lagos is one hour.

I sleep even in one hour trip but i prefer driving myself. I hate a bad driver piloting me. I can drive 10 hours at stretch. I feel more comfortable driving than being driven in a commercial vehicle.

A good example is a trip that could cost me 300 bucks in a commercial vehicle but i would drive and spend 1500 on fuel. Its my life anyway. Used to it.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
991: I didn't know if i slept or not, grin grin all i know is that i was woken up by the woman next to me just to inform me that we are now in Berger bus stop. grin grin grin

I gbadu your style gan.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
greatgod2012:

you must be a good observer then.
I have observed that when i travel, i observe everything i see along the journey, i even ask questions from those who sit beside me, i always want to know about every junction, every tree i see.......funny?, yes, i know but its kind of relieveing ones tension.

As a good observer, how many trees do you see on your way to your village
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
ewww heck no lol... a lot of perverts around nowadays

I have my car anyway grin
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Orikinla: NOT IN NIGERIA.
IT IS NOT SAFE.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Orikinla: NOT IN NIGERIA.
IT IS NOT SAFE.

but in any other country
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2013
hehehe grin
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by hydeal(f): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's understandable if it's a long distance journey of over 8hrs.
But if it's between a short distance of one state to another which is between 1-2hrs i.e: Plateau to Kaduna State, it's not good.
However, if you wanna sleep, carry dark shaded glasses for your face if you are the shy type & place your head where you ll not likely rest it on the shoulder of the passenger(s) beside you.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Some people can't even hold their sleep for 30minutes when they are in a commercial vehicle. Imagine a short journey in a BRT from Ketu Mile 12 to Ojota in Lagos which is not up to 15minutes if the road is traffic free. You ll see people dozing off like fowls wey get bird flu.
The most annoying are those that ll rest their heads on your shoulder, snore & even drop a litre of stinking saliva on your cloth. Damm it's just so irritating.
cheesy grin tongue
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Santoxsayz(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2014
;[quote autho ;Dr=Temismith post=15254068]Sleeping in a bus is stil better naow! I know som1 dat sleeps on a bike(okada)! Lols. Funny dou, but its true gringringringringrin [/quote]

Rilly risky buh av dne it 2ce b4... Anoda okada @ 2 b warnin my okada man dat pasnger dun doze.... F**ing lagos stress. Tnk Gawd m alive 2 laff abt it grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Funniest Quotes From Patience Jonathan You’ve Never Heard. / Has Anyone Heard Of Pennylender.com ? Is It A Credible Site To Borrow Money ? / Cat Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet cats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.