Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 (13277 Views)

Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB / PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Tayo114: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
I'm calling on every Nigerian to vote for Fashola/ Tambual, we can trust these two young men, enough is enough!!!
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Itoroetti(m): 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yakubu gowon,murtala muhammed,tafawa belewa,shagari,buhari,ibb,abacha,abdulsalami abubakar ;all the mntioned guys have rule this country for close to 40years,yet nothing came out of it.the impoverish d country and render it useless and now the want fairness.why haven't d ask that the agreement made in aburi be kept?why don't the request that the oil block that was unduely shared be brought forward for a review?
They want to make gej look weak when ofcourse the know that he is better than their choice candidtate for the position.this is bad!

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by KingOmarion(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Abel202:
Brother you took out from my mind..they won't smell that sit again..[b]I am laughing in Chinese. See who is talking about power shift. The North has been in power in this nation 85% of the time since we had independence. And they messed up everything. Jonathan is only trying to clean up the mess they created all these years from the ones Obasanjo couldn't finish cleaning. Jonathan is just the first South South president and someone is talking about power shift to the North, you are a dreamer.
If power has to shift, let me show you how it will shift.
Jonathan will stay in power till 2019 whether northerners like it or not.
Power will shift to An Igbo man from 2019 to 2027
Then power will shift to someone from North Central i.e Benue or Plateau state etc from 2027 to 2035
Then back to the South probably Soth West from 2035 to 2043
The core North should only dream of having power again from 2043.....
In 2011 all the Northern heavy weights ganged up including IBB, general Gusau, Atiku, etc etc what happened? Jonathan beat them all. Buhari is always a loser so he got roundly beaten by Jonathan too.
If Jonathan beat the whole heavy weight Northern establishment in 2011 when he didnt realy have his firm grips on power, is it in 2015 when He already deh Kampke that the North will beat him with a light-weight like Tambuwal? Am now laughing in Igbo. Agreement my foot. Who respects agreements in this country?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Soso990240(m): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
"If gudluck no rule again,we go divide nigeria" by MEND.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
Is it a must to rule? Those Almajiri Governors
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by KingOmarion(m): 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
You are high on monkey tail
Tayo114: I'm calling on every Nigerian to vote for Fashola/ Tambual, we can trust these two young men, enough is enough!!!
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by ayswags2: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
Abel202:

[b]I am laughing in Chinese. See who is talking about power shift. The North has been in power in this nation 85% of the time since we had independence. And they messed up everything. Jonathan is only trying to clean up the mess they created all these years from the ones Obasanjo couldn't finish cleaning. Jonathan is just the first South South president and someone is talking about power shift to the North, you are a dreamer.
If power has to shift, let me show you how it will shift.
Jonathan will stay in power till 2019 whether northerners like it or not.
Power will shift to An Igbo man from 2019 to 2027
Then power will shift to someone from North Central i.e Benue or Plateau state etc from 2027 to 2035
Then back to the South probably Soth West from 2035 to 2043
The core North should only dream of having power again from 2043.....
In 2011 all the Northern heavy weights ganged up including IBB, general Gusau, Atiku, etc etc what happened? Jonathan beat them all. Buhari is always a loser so he got roundly beaten by Jonathan too.
If Jonathan beat the whole heavy weight Northern establishment in 2011 when he didnt realy have his firm grips on power, is it in 2015 when He already deh Kampke that the North will beat him with a light-weight like Tambuwal? Am now laughing in Igbo. Agreement my foot. Who respects agreements in this country?[/b]
and who told u gej is handing over power to the igbos come 2019:*u must be high on sometin lol
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
teskyg: Nagoma, Erickajay and CO,You Northern Religious Bigot better get use to playing a second fiddle in Nigeria till thy Kingdom come or form your own Republic.

We have decided to move forward and wont be drag back by your power Hungry Brothers.

I'm not a northern religious bigot I just feel people should learn to speak for their selves only. You can't come here and speak for people who's opininon you don't even know.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by lacasa: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
Even GEJ's cook must be planning to dump him.

#.. grin
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Soso990240(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Tayo114: I'm calling on every Nigerian to vote for Fashola/ Tambual, we can trust these two young men, enough is enough!!!
i pity u..is fashola d best governor? Lagos is d richest state in nigeria(considerin d task payers and d revenue),yet we ar nt seein any big state project.most of d projects goin on in lagos ar federal project,yet fashola is bein praisd 4 dm,instead of d president.i dnt cee fashola dat credible
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Soso990240(m): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
ayswags2: and who told u gej is handing over power to the igbos come 2019:*u must be high on sometin lol
he said if power hav 2 be shiftd..jst his opinion.u ar d 1 dat is high on cassava leave.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by omenka(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
teskyg: Please count Benue,Taraba,Platea,Kogi,Adamawa and Kwara out.They will vote GEJ again.You can have the rest Northern states to Islamatise.

2015 is a year to teach those Northern Religious Bigot a lesson.Morons.

Please count only you and your household in!
Bigots indeed, u make a classic example.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by honeric01(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimghost:

Same applies to you sir! cool

We had nothing going before, only pointing out the irony in your utterance.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by successcertain: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
shocked Nigerians are the dumbest negro I've seen so far, this man claiming gej promised to return power to the north? I thought they say the last presidential selection was fair with no rigging grin Ahaha bunch of jokes Nigerian deceiving theirselves claiming one Nigeria no wonder the country is doomed and the negrogerian are brainwashed into religion and ethnic hatred while the government enjoy all the fun catering away huge cash . The voice of Nigerians are weak. Why bother voting when the presidential voting is a chieftaincy title on a routing menu grin obviously the death if negro race happened thousands of years ago.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Ontop559: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
I'm sorry to say this cos its a divert topic, All these topic we're debating on here i dont even like it my own is that i want bro boko to deal with the pple that looting our money and started killin them one after the other they should start from senator, house of rep to house of assembly once they can be eliminated one by one eh hen' they wil no wat ppl ar sayin and if possible they should eliminate the wife of the oga at the top then yu wil see how they wil show concern about the security of this nation
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by chi4ik(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hehehe, northern governor's must be out of their mind, their days aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ gone! GEJ must rule till 2019

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Raymondgabriel(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
doncartel: Jonathan should respect the agreement which he made public in Addis Ababa. We are not surprised because we know how sweet power is, but he should enjoy his one term and go home with his billions. Equity, fairness and justice demand power shift and federal character

bros listen to ur sef! Is he nt a nigerian? n is eligible 2 contest. Is dat position meant 4 d north alone Nawaoo!!! D north hav bin in power since july 1966-may 1999. Hw many yrs
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by awodman: 2:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
I don't understand this craze ƒσя 2015?...this administration is barely 2 years into office and we are already debating 2015.So ƒσя instance if APC is eventually voted in,immediately we shud start talking about 2019?
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
what a mess
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by teskyg: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
@ Omenka,you better change your deceptive name to Musa.I will remid you of my view after votes are counted in 2015.All the states i mentioned (Benue,Plateau,Kogi,Kwara,Taraba,Adamawa,Nassarawa,and FCT) will vote for GEJ.Your tricks of one united Northern Nigeria has been exposed.

We will rather stick to GEJ than allow those Bigots up North ride on our back to power.The game is up for you Born to rule Nama.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
honeric01:

You're calling him an 'animal' sir? Then you must be a lower 'animal' going by your utterance.
he is right sir.that his statement was animalistic with due respect sir.any right thinking individual who wants equity and fairness shouldn't talk about taking power to the North for at least 20yrs.we've seen enough of tribalism,favouritism and nepotism.so u sir should quit supporting the other animalistic sir.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by honeric01(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: he is right sir.that his statement was animalistic with due respect sir.any right thinking individual who wants equity and fairness shouldn't talk about taking power to the North for at least 20yrs.we've seen enough of tribalism,favouritism and nepotism.so u sir should quit supporting the other animalistic sir.

I don't care where power shifts to, what i need is justice, fairness and good governance, does that make me too an animal?
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by plasgidy: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
May the will of God prevail in 2015 amen, north have failed this nation called nigeria they should just go and sit down let gej fix all the mess they did in the office, they have done there worst by bormbading churchs and bus parks thir is no more they can do than bomb, shmeless ppl
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by slimghost(m): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: he is right sir.that his statement was animalistic with due respect sir.any right thinking individual who wants equity and fairness shouldn't talk about taking power to the North for at least 20yrs.we've seen enough of tribalism,favouritism and nepotism.so u sir should quit supporting the other animalistic sir.

My dear, help me explain it all to him grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by Yazmin: 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
spiritfada: 2015 Presidency: Northern Govs Set To Dump Jonathan

ABUJA — Strong  indications emerged, yesterday, that the North has taken a resolute decision not to support the candidature of President Goodluck Jonathan should he decide to run in 2015.

Rather than give its blessing to Jonathan’s re-election, the north is now fine-tuning strategies to project one of its leading lights for the presidency in 2015 with Speaker Aminu Tambuwal increasingly winning the favour of some northern governors.

Vanguard learnt from reliable sources that influential Northern political leaders were deeply concerned about the deteriorating quality of life in Nigeria, particularly in the North occasioned by endless poverty and intractable security challenges that have continued to claim lives and property.

In addition, political gladiators in the region were peeved by the attempt by President Jonathan to dump the gentleman’s agreement he reportedly entered into with Northern governors in 2010 to serve for only one term of four years.

A Northern governor, who told Vanguard that he was part of the team that brokered the deal with the president, described as shocking the seeming rebuttal of an agreement he said would have seen the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, zone its presidential ticket to the North in 2015.

The governor, who pleaded anonymity, pointed out that the denial of the deal was a calculated attempt to ridicule the North.

Jonthan must honour agreement with the North

He said: “Look, an agreement is an agreement whether written or verbal. In this case, Mr. President cannot say that he did not plead with us to back him for only a term after which he would return power to the North.

”Our position is that he should be gentleman enough to honour that agreement and concede power to the North on moral grounds.

“But let me tell you that the North is not happy with the attempt by the President to jettison what he agreed with us even when he went to Addis Ababa.

”It was based on the firm belief by us that he would run for a term that we mobilised our traditional, political and religious leaders at all levels in the North to support the election of Jonathan in 2011.

“However, if the President wants to take us for a ride, let him wait and see what we can do in 2015. We have decided to take our destiny in our hands by forging ahead as a group in the next election,” the source hinted.

North considers Tambuwal

It was learnt that although the Northern political leaders were united on the need to dump Jonathan and back one of their own in 2015, the major problem confronting them at the moment, was how to decide on a presidential candidate.

It was also gathered that while no fewer than five Northern governors were jostling for the presidential post, political leaders in the region were seriously mulling the idea of drafting the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, into the race.

The decision to look in the direction of Tambuwal was borne out of the fear that the presidency could use the anti-graft agencies to scare the Northern governors, with eyes on the top post.

Those who favour drafting Tambuwal into the presidential race, argue that he possesses all the qualities of a good leader, who can take Nigeria to the next level, if given the opportunity.

Another northern governor, who is in support of Tambuwal said: “Not only is he very pragmatic and conversant with the Nigerian situation, he also possesses what the nation requires to move forward.

“In fact, I can tell you that the North is thinking seriously about the idea and we believe that at the right time it will be done,” the governor said

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/2015-presidency-northern-govs-set-to-dump-jonathan/

Tambuwal ko salisu buhari ni. Abeg park well.
Dis my northern brethen, dey won't allow us hear word. Please deliver Dividends of democracy to our people first.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by slimghost(m): 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
honeric01:

I don't care where power shifts to, what i need is justice, fairness and good governance, does that make me too an animal?

No sir, it doesn't, as long as you don't advocate for power to return to a particular tribe sir.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by honeric01(m): 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimghost:

No sir, it doesn't, as long as you don't advocate for power to return to a particular tribe sir.

I repeat again, I dont CARE WHERE POWER shifts to as long as these 3 attributes are not missing from that person.

Show me which tribe is better when it comes to development (standard) and the rest of the attributes i listed in Nigeria and i'll permanently move to that part of the country!
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by slimghost(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
honeric01:

I repeat again, I dont CARE WHERE POWER shifts to as long as these 3 attributes are not missing from that person.

Show me which tribe is better when it comes to development (standard) and the rest of the attributes i listed in Nigeria and i'll permanently move to that part of the country!

Have you ever read where i was advocating on behalf of any tribe sir? My own is, let no particular tribe think that power is their birthright. We should be able to at least get good leaders from all the regions.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by honeric01(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimghost:

Have you ever read where i was advocating on behalf of any tribe sir? My own is, let no particular tribe think that power is their birthright. We should be able to at least get good leaders from all the regions.

Now you're changing your tune, i am wondering which tribe ever came out to claim they have the birthright to leadership. If you have proofs, kindly post here abeg.
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by slimghost(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
honeric01:

Now you're changing your tune, i am wondering which tribe ever came out to claim they have the birthright to leadership. If you have proofs, kindly post here abeg.

The Hausa/Fulani by claiming that they had an agreement with GEJ to allow him one term only for him to RETURN power to them. Return? Na their papa property ni? If that's not laying claim sir, please what is?
Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by honeric01(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimghost:

The Hausa/Fulani by claiming that they had an agreement with GEJ to allow him one term only for him to RETURN power to them. Return? Na their papa property ni? If that's not laying claim sir, please what is?

Any documents/links/audio or video to back this up? And when did PDP internal "agreement" translate to Nigeria at large?

Do you now mean PDP internal agreement represents the whole of Nigeria's view?

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 by kekerazi(m): 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
Jonathan will dump them b4 they do,if he has not already dumped them..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Members Arrested For Killing Ebonyi Indigenes / Gunmen Attack Campaigners For APC, APGA Parties During Rallies In Anambra / How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.