Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public (1864 Views)

The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State / Policewoman Stripped Unclad In Onitsha By Ngozi Okpagu And His Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Truckpusher(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Vanguard News reported a scenario from the mayhem on Monday in Ado-Odo, Ado-Odo Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State when a traditional ruler, Oba Lateef Adeniran was attacked and stripped naked in the public glare by some hoodlums.

His palace was also destroyed while his wives and children escaped being lynched by rampaging residents who also burnt down the monarch’s palace during the violence that ensued following a supreme court judgement.

It was gathered that some aggrieved youths who did not want the monarch in the town launched the attack on him on his way to Ilaro.

It was further gathered that the monarch’s attackers were protesting the validation of his appointment by a Supreme Court judgement delivered in January 12, 2009 allegedly stormed his palace but, did not meet the monarch and destroyed his cars .

The monarch was unlucky as they forcibly stopped the jeep conveying him and dragged him out of the vehicle before they started beating him and then striped him naked.

According to findings, Oba Adeniran is currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital in Abeokuta, the state capital for the injuries he sustained on his head and other parts of the body.

SOURCE:Vanguard News

Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by splashbaby(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2013
The storm is gathering momentum gradually...soon people will start sacking their LGA charman then Governor and eventual our oga at the top...Journey not too far...I can see hope of an uprising
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
I wish Nigerians can b dis bold 2 attack our major enemies
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by damilolaluv(f): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is just horrible! Why do some people behave like such savages angry. I weep for Naija cry
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by FSU: 3:20am On Apr 20, 2013
Land of rascals

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by greatgod2012(f): 5:46am On Apr 20, 2013
This is too much, cant they negotiate with him, instead of belittling him to this level, haba! Oriade a gbe wa o!
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 20, 2013
Ha! No regard for "Ori Ade" in this our generation again o undecided

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2013
This is too much,considering he was a king,thought kings are sacred people,this scenario made me think otherwise.

This is ALUU one.
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2013
kunletiwoo: Ha! No regard for "Ori Ade" in this our generation again o undecided
*shouts* broda, this one is not sacred o, he could have disappeared but ifa ran away .. lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Ebestsmscom: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2013
Hmm 21 Century.

I thought this guys normally use charm, he should have disappeared grin
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by Symphony007: 8:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Wow!! I taught yoruba's were very respectfull to their oba's, all the lying down on the floor kind of greeting...voilence is never a way to solve problems.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by manchy7531: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2013
The return of ALUU season 2. coming soon grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by alfaman2: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2013
If this happened in igboland, this thread would have been full of rabid dogs on my left insulting their forefathers, but as it happenned in their place, amongst their people, ....

Shhhh! Don't mention the tribe.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_a2RpU3s3ykg/TP3XSde2vSI/AAAAAAAAAAc/cgl-r9m6vvA/s320/shh.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by maasoap(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2013
And many youths in that town have used their own hands to destroy their own future as I'm very sure that not a few of them will either rot in jail or be on the run for the rest of their life.
Re: Ogun State: Oba Beaten To Stupor; Stripped Unclad In Public by tomzman: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2013
Hmmm. This one serious o!

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES- Funeral Sevice Of Late Ekiti Deputy Governor / Meet The Man Who Invented The Machine Gun-- Sir Hiram Maxim. / End Of The Road For Kelvin, Notorious Kidnap Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.