Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence (22817 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today / VIO Not Permitted To Check Drivers Licence, Vehicle Particulars—frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by slagadoo: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
More tips for LASMA,VIO,EKE and Many more of these LASGIDI AGENCIES

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2013

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by ichidodo: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
My Eko will not spoil lai-lai
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by Gooogle(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
If not for the economic situation, the drivers license thing should be reviewed.
To get a drivers license in some european countries and even the US is not childs play and the amount
of fees you even pay is somethng else.A country charges an equivalent of 250k in naira for this with examinations etc.
The ultimate reason for this is all about safety and good to know, it starts with the big companies.
They should abeg pay
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by confusion247(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
PeterKbaba: See people complaining. What Fashola is doing, is it not in line with global best practices.... Is it not the same abroad. What stops you from simply getting the license and live your normal life. If a mad man jam your car, is it not governments responsibility to eliminate such drivers out of the system. Nigerians want change, but they themselves are not willing to change... na wa
Yes, Nigerians want a change and that change must come from the leaders first. As you said Abroad is good but you failed to tell us how is the condition of roads abroad. Bad government leads to bad road and that also leads to bad driving. First things first.
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by kunlej2: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
i swear e go soon become sachet water
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by qwest(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
These multiplicity of fees and costs is stifling businesses. Not only are they planning on a separate licensing and training programme, they are also starting a separate identification and card for the Lagos area. The same identification database the NIM is due to resume collation for this April. There should be a harmonisation of such things, taxes, fines, agencies and what not. I shouldn't be running a company in Ogun and have to pay hackney permit, local govt and municipal permits, licenses, etc after having paid at the federal and state levels; then have to pay for another state's when I transport my goods to that state. Too much bureaucracy stifles businesses, innovation and entrepreneurship.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by purpleclouds: 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Gooogle: If not for the economic situation, the drivers license thing should be reviewed.
To get a drivers license in some european countries and even the US is not childs play and the amount
of fees you even pay is somethng else.A country charges an equivalent of 250k in naira for this with examinations etc.
The ultimate reason for this is all about safety and good to know, it starts with the big companies.
They should abeg pay

That's not true at all. I recently got my license in the US and it was a simple sight test and road test and proof of insurance. I only had to pay for the license which was a small fee.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by prost80(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
this is a good move by LASG. People are complaining but forget that commercial drivers are close to lunacy when it comes to driving in the city. People are killed because of a lot of reckless driving which must be curtailed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by theripper2: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
More money for the ACN goons on nairaland and diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by free2ryhme: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lagos govt and politics of revenue generation na wa o o

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by EkoIle1: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
prost80: this is a good move by LASG. People are complaining but forget that commercial drivers are close to lunacy when it comes to driving in the city. People are killed because of a lot of reckless driving which must be curtailed.

People are too shortsighted for their own good and survival...
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by ninja4life(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
PeterKbaba: See people complaining. What Fashola is doing, is it not in line with global best practices.... Is it not the same abroad. What stops you from simply getting the license and live your normal life. If a mad man jam your car, is it not governments responsibility to eliminate such drivers out of the system. Nigerians want change, but they themselves are not willing to change... na wa
see mumu fool when d federal government trys to remove fuel subsidy am sure its u people dat will shout to high heaven dat fg is trying to make d masses suffer isnt removal of fuel subsidy in line with global best practices why then do u complain though its obvious dat federal government removed fuel subsidy for their own gain not nigerians isnt dat of lagos state government d same trying to rip more money from d drivers so u get d flow we nigerians need to save ourselves from dis modafuckers(gej and fashola) and say no to their anti-masses policy

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by EkoIle1: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by Hardfact: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yes, some people are too shortsighted for their own good and survival...
Yet even worse is the fact the people in Lagos State govt are too longsighted for their own devilish, selfish, wicked, policies and satanic agenda.
The people of Lagos are simply fed with the tyranny being played out Fashola and co. Even any good moves by the govt can now be misconstrued.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by teskyg: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
EKO -Ile,how much for this test?Ole ni.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by AjCityOne: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
ninja4life:
see mumu fool when d federal government trys to remove fuel subsidy am sure its u people dat will shout to high heaven dat fg is trying to make d masses suffer isnt removal of fuel subsidy in line with global best practices why then do u complain though its obvious dat federal government removed fuel subsidy for their own gain not nigerians isnt dat of lagos state government d same trying to rip more money from d drivers so u get d flow we nigerians need to save ourselves from dis modafuckers(gej and fashola) and say no to their anti-masses policy

Ode, you dey compare fuel subsidy to measure to safeguard human safety. You should have your head examined!
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by tomzman: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Ordinarily yes, in reality any clown (including me) can get a Driver's License without having attended one day of driving school. If all commercial drivers (the number 1 lunatics on Lagos roads) learn how to drive PROPERLY, then things will be much saner
I think you have made a point. I agree with you. I remember the day I boarded a commercial vehicle, I brought out the highway code and started reading it. The driver was suprised and said he never bought nor read the book. I wonder how he got his licence if at all he has. In a sane federation however, this move by Lagos State is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by smallpope: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
First is to stop Agbero from driving shortly after taking hemp.
I doubt if commercial bus drivers will be found culpable courtesy of their uniformed brothers(LATSMA)

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by emmasege: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lagos and money-extorting tactics!!! Hope ACN will not tax us for the air we breathe in if they eventually get into power

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by luvinhubby(m): 8:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
This is what happens when a federating state becomes a one man's private enterprise
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by kenge50: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
When can we change our attitude in Nigeria and appreciate our leaders. They are protecting our life and people are looking at money. In UK it is called CPC [Certificate Of Professional Competence] which all commercial drivers either TFL Buses or private company must do and passed.

Driver CPC Periodic Training Requirement
(Certificate Of Professional Competence)

*This new legislation, which came into effect in September 2009, will only affect people wishing to drive HGV/LGV’s for financial gain.

Every 5 years you will need to undertake 35 hours of Driver CPC Periodic Training.

Failure to do this will result in you not being able to drive HGV’s for financial gain.

The 35 hours are broken down into 5 days of 7 hours per day.

It is up to you how you achieve the 35 hours, either, for example all 35 hours in 1 full week or 1 day per year. It is not free, it is just about £180 a day X 5. We need to start training our drivers and check on them periodically.
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by Smooyis(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Stupid. Train your commercial drivers first. Everything is now levy upon levy. Painful government. Come and seek my vote and lets see.......

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by tgbaba(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
Keneking: Another failed project....

Hmm lagos sha ewo tunni recertification again, gbogbo aluwala oloogbo ogbon ati ko eran je ni NAWA O drivers don hear am
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by EkoIle1: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
kenge50: When can we change our attitude in Nigeria and appreciate our leaders. They are protecting our life and people are looking at money. In UK it is called CPC [Certificate Of Professional Competence] which all commercial drivers either TFL Buses or private company must do and passed.

*This new legislation, which came into effect in September 2009, will only affect people wishing to drive HGV/LGV’s for financial gain.

Every 5 years you will need to undertake 35 hours of Driver CPC Periodic Training.

Failure to do this will result in you not being able to drive HGV’s for financial gain.

It is up to you how you achieve the 35 hours, either, for example all 35 hours in 1 full week or 1 day per year. It is not free, it is just about £180 a day X 5. We need to start training our drivers and check on them periodically.

Many nigerians are their own enemies and downfall. They are too shortsighted to see beyond their nose.
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by ochizo(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Fash wants to collect from all means... maybe we go soon pay to breath...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by ConcernMan: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
This Eko Ile guy is beginning to amaze me beyond comprehension. How can a reasonable human being support this unpopular policy where there is a federal body already saddle with this responsibility. Someone once said that the Eko Ile guy is a LASTMA official who started seeing food on his table courtesy of Fashola's obnoxious and inhuman policies. Common sense is beginning to make this assertion correct.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by hardknockbroda(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
From the comments i have read so far, a lot of pple don't even understand what the post is all about.
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by ypzilanti: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
This is a good idea so long as there is a real certification course. I mean a really proffesional license that you cannot bribe to get. Are you all not tired of getting rammed and injured by commercial drivers?

How many times have tankers destroyed peoples lives in Lagos? In fact they should go further and add a literacy test so that only educated people drive vehicles that can easily turn to mass murder machines in the hands of touts.

Nigerians are not ready for positive change, apparently. Even if government is using it as arevenue drive, so be it. So long as the drivers are not cutting corners and get the proper training.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by GeneralJ(m): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
Do you know how 'easy' it is to get a national license, all you have to do is bribe the people, i think this is a really good step, because the national license is pretty much useless at the moment, and also Lagosians can thank the danfo and okada drivers whom they patronize more than they should, instead of patronizing the state owned BRT buses

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by amarilo: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
GeneralJ: Do you know how 'easy' it is to get a national license, all you have to do is bribe the people, i think this is a really good step, because the national license is pretty much useless at the moment, and also Lagosians can thank the danfo and okada drivers whom they patronize more than they should, instead of patronizing the state owned BRT buses
Then you honestly think they will not bribe the people incharge of this project.
Re: Lagos To Fine Drivers Without LASDRI Licence by amarilo: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
kenge50: When can we change our attitude in Nigeria and appreciate our leaders. They are protecting our life and people are looking at money. In UK it is called CPC [Certificate Of Professional Competence] which all commercial drivers either TFL Buses or private company must do and passed.

Who runs the CPC? London council, Manchester council, Bham council or DVLA. Let them start protecting our life by making our roads motorable. The driver with your cpc in nigeria will still dodge pot holes which brings about 70% accident we have on our roads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Slams Rotimi Amaechi - God Will Judge You For Your Evil / Sanwo-olu’s Stern Message To SSG, Chief Of Staff / Arzika Tureta Is Dead (Sokoto Commissioner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.