Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Should Gays Be Bullied ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Gays Be Bullied ? (2156 Views)

Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School / Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
I was having a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago, and somehow the topic digressed to gays and bullying.

My friend was of the opinion that gays should be bullied and forced to conform to the society's standards, I even gave examples of gay people who had been cyber bullied and as a result committed suicide and he was in total support of bullying.However, I was/am of the opinion that as long as they do not disturb me in my daily activities they should be left alone. Don't get me wrong, I am not in support of being gay, I can't even imagine a family member coming out but I believe they are human beings and no one should be subjected to bullying.

So NLDERS, what is your opinion , should they be bullied into becoming straight or left alone?

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by biolabee(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
everyonr should live his life as he sees fit and leave others to live their own life as long as they dont come and give me spiel that they were born that way and cannot controll or understand why they behave that way
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
First of all , your friend is sick, no apologies , Nobody regardless of their sexual orientation should be subjected to bullying.

Second of all, what's really your point then 'if you don't support being Gay?' .... Are they not humans like you?
Wake up and smell the coffee y'all, Gays are part of human race too so sûck it up!

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Sparkle1(f): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
They r still humans and should b treated like any other person cos their being gay doesn't affect me...instead of bullying,talk to them and if one day they decide to change,thank God!!
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by biolabee(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
I think we shd appreciate where the poster is coming from

She does not support bullying but does not want that to be clouded in discussions of whether she is a homo sympathiser or not

One may not share their se.xual preferences but that does not justify them being bullied
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Being gay is there choice,they didn't hurt anyone.I really see no reasons why they should be bullied,they aren't the cause of global warmiNg,terrorism or bad economy.In as much as I don't agree with their sexual oriention,I believe they have a right to live and let's live.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sparkle1: They r still humans and should b treated like any other person cos their being gay doesn't affect me...instead of bullying,talk to them and[b] if one day they decide to change,thank God[/b]!!

There's no such thing as ^^^ the bolded sis....that's how they're made so lets thank God for them too.

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Sparkle1(f): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
jidegirl12:

There's no such thing as ^^^ the bolded sis....that's how they're made so lets thank God for them too.
I really don't think ppl r born 'gay'...going religious here,God created a woman and a man,He didn't create a man and a man or a woman and a woman It is a choice...sis!

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
There we go again.... 'religious' the fact that something didn't happen in the 'holy books' doesn't make it extinct / obsolete...and pls I don't wanna hear the 'end time crap', it's the dullest hackneyed saying that upset my stomach.

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Sparkle1(f): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Double post
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Sparkle1(f): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
Don't get upset,that was just my opinion.Besides,it doesn't have anything to do with 'the end time'...smiley
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
I'm not upset(it's just a discussion), I just expressed my view from people's perception of Homosexuality, so sad.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Live and let live o jare. Life is too short to worry about other people's problems. The more they come out, the less Down low men and women. So it works out for the good. grin
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
steph7: I was having a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago, and somehow the topic digressed to gays and bullying.

My friend was of the opinion that gays should be bullied and forced to conform to the society's standards, I even gave examples of gay people who had been cyber bullied and as a result committed suicide and he was in total support of bullying.However, I was/am of the opinion that as long as they do not disturb me in my daily activities they should be left alone. Don't get me wrong, I am not in support of being gay, I can't even imagine a family member coming out but I believe they are human beings and no one should be subjected to bullying.

So NLDERS, what is your opinion , should they be bullied into becoming straight or left alone?

they should not be bullied - they should be discouraged and sent to conversion schools.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

they should not be bullied - they should be discouraged and sent to conversion schools.

Conversion what What goes on in these schools

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:

Conversion what What goes on in these schools

where homos are "straightened" out!
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

where homos are "straightened" out!

hmmm, i can imagine the hypocrisy going on in such organizations. This reminds me of one case i read about. Let me search for it to show you that kind of thing hardly works. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:
hmmm, i can imagine the hypocrisy going on in such organizations. This reminds me of one case i read about. Let me search for it to show you that kind of thing hardly works. cheesy

it works - about 66% claimed their sexual orientation have changed - i mean good heterosexual functioning.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by tasandra: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Op,sorry ur frnd is sick and shuld be bullied as well lipsrsealed
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mission Impossible:

WHY REPARATIVE THERAPY AND EX-GAY MINISTRIES FAIL

By Kim I. Mills
Education Director
Human Rights Campaign
Revised February 1999

"Opinions energetically propagated and spurious facts diligently disseminated color the thinking of the people, and not only the uneducated. The intellectual is deceived as easily as the untutored by sanctimonious professions that conform to the moral code of time and place and flatter the feeling of self-righteousness." — Franz Boas, 1927

Introduction

The Christian right has for years claimed that sexual orientation is a mutable characteristic -- but only when it comes to homosexuality. They assert that gay people (yet never heterosexuals) "choose" their sexual orientation and that with prayer and counseling -- and sometimes drugs or shock therapy -- they can leave the "gay lifestyle."

While some conservative Christians may believe it is their duty to lead gay people out of what they contend is an inherently sinful life, religious political activist organizations -- such as the Family Research Council and the Christian Coalition -- are motivated by politics. Public opinion polls consistently indicate that people who believe sexual orientation is a choice are less willing to support equal rights for lesbians and gays. For example, a 1996 poll found that among people who believed sexual orientation was a choice, 50 percent supported equal treatment of gays in employment; among those who believed sexual orientation was unchangeable, 69 percent supported equality in the workplace. 1 For religious political organizations seeking new fund-raising hooks since the fall of communism, this issue is a cash cow. These groups have consistently used the threat of what they have dubbed "the gay agenda" to motivate their adherents to contribute.

A recent spate of newspaper advertisements featuring people who claim to be ex-gay has revealed the fact that the sponsoring religious political organizations are promoting these techniques for political gain. The ads, which picture people who have undergone "conversions" to heterosexuality, have coincided with efforts by these religious political sponsors to derail the nomination of openly gay businessman James Hormel to be ambassador to Luxembourg; with an orchestrated effort to reverse President Clinton's executive order banning discrimination against gays in federal employment; and with an attempt to strip the San Francisco of federal housing funds because of its law requiring companies that do business with the city to offer domestic partner benefits.. The ads have also included statements by Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Miss., comparing homosexuals to alcoholics, kleptomaniacs and sex addicts.

The idea for the ad campaign grew out of a Focus on the Family-sponsored meeting of religious political groups in Colorado Springs, Co., in June.2 "No focus groups, no polling," said Robert Knight of the Family Research Council. "We just did it."

These groups' assertions about sexual orientation are not borne out by the facts -- which doesn't stop the religious right from repeating over and over that they are correct and that gay rights organizations refuse to tell their community "the truth" about homosexuality -- namely that, in their minds, it is a mental disorder that can be cured.3

The facts

The psychological, medical and psychiatric establishments agree that sexual orientation cannot be changed, and that so-called "reparative therapy" aimed at altering gay peoples' orientations does not work and may, in fact, be harmful.

Here are some excerpts from position papers on this subject by the leading professional associations:
http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentorgs/usp/resources/flyers/missionimpossible.htm
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

it works - about 66% claimed their sexual orientation have changed - i mean good heterosexual functioning.

The stats dont support this. They rather show it is a big failure.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:
The stats dont support this. They rather show it is a big failure.

that article must have been written by a gay apologist!
those therapies have worked very well......i have stats to back it. the heterosexual functioning aspect has 5 criteria.

•being in a loving heterosexual relationship during the last year
•overall satisfaction in emotional relationship with a partner
•having heterosexual sex with the partner at least a few times a month
•achieving physical satisfaction through heterosexual sex
•and not thinking about having homosexual sex more than 15% of the time while having heterosexual sex
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by biolabee(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sparkle1: I really don't think ppl r born 'gay'......It is a choice...sis!
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

that article must have been written by a gay apologist!
those therapies have worked very well......i have stats to back it. the heterosexual functioning aspect has 5 criteria.

•being in a loving heterosexual relationship during the last year
•overall satisfaction in emotional relationship with a partner
•having heterosexual sex with the partner at least a few times a month
•achieving physical satisfaction through heterosexual sex
•and not thinking about having homosexual sex more than 15% of the time while having heterosexual sex

Show me evidence of your STATS, not the one Coogar did o. As those are going to be faulty, cause people can lie to you to save face. I prefer professional evidence
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:
Show me evidence of your STATS, not the one Coogar did o. As those are going to be faulty, cause people can lie to you to save face. I prefer professional evidence

i read it in a book some years back....robert spitzer published an article based on the responses of 200 faggöts. of course, he got criticised and shouted down by the "politically-correct" idiöts that his findings were flawed.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

i read it in a book some years back....robert spitzer published an article based on the responses of 200 faggöts. of course, he got criticised and shouted down by the "politically-correct" idiöts that his findings were flawed.

Now, Coogar, you are obviously not one to tolerate them your bias is serious. grin. besides electronic copies of books are online. You can copy and paste let me see. grin

1 Like

Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:
Now, Coogar, you are obviously not one to tolerate them. besides electronic copies of books are online. You can copy and paste let me see. grin

google his name - i am sure he must have a wiki page!
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Baby it is well, God knows and sees all,

We have Gays and we have wannabe gays....go naked and strut your stuff right in front of a genuine Gay and he won't take a second look at that kitty cheesy
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

google his name - i am sure he must have a wiki page!

Ok, will look for it.

jidegirl12: Baby it is well, God knows and sees all,

We have Gays and we have wannabe gays....go naked and strut your stuff right in front of a genuine Gay and he won't take a second look at that kitty cheesy

For real o. The real ones cannot be changed. It is how they are wired. It is like telling a strong heterosexual (e.g Coogar) to re-orientate and find a fellow guy attractive.
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by coogar: 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123:
Ok, will look for it.

For real o. The real ones cannot be changed. It is how they are wired. It is like telling a strong heterosexual (e.g Coogar) to re-orientate and find a fellow guy attractive.

no one is born gay......
rebellion and child abuse pushed many men into being gay. they resent their parents and they chose to be gay to piss off their parents. it's natural for every man to find a female attractive. that's the way God made men!
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by baby124: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
coogar:

no one is born gay......
rebellion and child abuse pushed many men into being gay. they resent their parents and they chose to be gay to piss off their parents. it's natural for every man to find a female attractive. that's the way God made men!

LMAO. Coogar must be subscribed to quite a few anti-gay associations, websites etc. This comment is straight out of an anti-gay bulletin. ROTFLMAO! Even gay people because of the stigma wish they were different. Who would want to intentionally face discrimination? This is why a lot of them are falling for these re-orientation scams. cheesy
Re: Should Gays Be Bullied ? by biolabee(m): 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
maybe the gay people are wired the way they are but they are a growing powerful minority that have distorted the world in their image.. that is the reality

its sad now that you must not use an anti gay slur if u value ur life literally as u will be labelled forever

they have claimed words like homo, boytoy etc just have ladies have reclaimed s.lut

comedians must have it toff

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The Use Of Depo Provera Make A Woman Barren? / Brazilian TV Presenter, Miss Bum Bum Damaged By Fillers (photos) / Am I Alone? Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.