Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

American Woman/nigerian Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman/nigerian Guy (774 Views)

Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / South African Woman + Nigerian Man = ? / Nigerian Guy Proposes To Girlfriend After Sex.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Woman/nigerian Guy by xoanabananaaa: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2013
hi! so I am new to this, but I am not Nigerian (I'm black and Latina), and I need some advice! To make a long story short, I met a Nigerian guy my first year in college and we became really close friends, and it wasn't long before we fell in love. This caused a lot of problems for the following reasons:

1. He is Muslim, and I am Christian
2. His mother does not approve of him dating someone who is not Nigerian
3. My family does not approve of my dating someone who is not Christian

Maybe it seems simple to just walk away, but we have been together off and on for about 3 years now, and I don't know what to do. I love him, but our families do not support our relationship. I just don't know what to do!
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2013
I don't know either......

3 Likes

Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by DBproperty: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2013
True love is all you need,if he truely loves you then he would come for you.hope and pray
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by Tsmooth1(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2013
Space occupied incase... @ poster what did u even said happen to u?
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by bizz(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2013
FOLLOW UR HEART
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by dahmie2013: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2013
Follow your head and not your heart!
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by MrsChima(f): 9:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Waiting on hating azz Blyss to say.... here is another one.
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by MrsChima(f): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2013
Anaba

Did you meet his mother personally?
Did he tell you that his mother is not in agreement?
Does your family control your life?
Without telling me juicy details why were the relationship on and off three years?
If you did meet his mom how did you carry yourself?
Are you guys supportive of each cultures?
What complex things do you know about him?
Are you willing to raise your children in both religions?
Are you willing to be a Muslim wife and go to Mosque services during Jumah?

Answer these questions and pray for guidance and understanding. Fast and pray until you hear your will.

1 Like

Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by 50calibre(m): 11:45am On Apr 18, 2013
Shollypopz: I don't know either......

If you don't know, why not shut up and allow people with meaningful suggestions to comment, is that so hard for you to understand?
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Still trying to get my attention?? cool Child puhlease! undecided
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by hidenconyo(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Shollypopz: I don't know either......
this is how dumb pple answer question
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by 50calibre(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Shollypopz: Still trying to get my attention?? cool Child puhlease! undecided

If I'm a child why don't you show a good example as an adult not foolishness, and maybe il learn from you?

1 Like

Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by babadey(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
You guys should stop throwing tantrums @ each other. @op... You say,you Christian right?,read 1 corinthians 13 vs 4-8 that should answer your question babe. You both can continue your religion while married (I have seen many families)and nothing may/will happen,so far, understanding are your middle names eachwink. "Understanding" watch word!!

I don't think its right to bring an external third party into matters that concerns the heart. Let's try and solve things our way and take corrections when we fail,what if you guys were in a desert,how will you solve your problems.

Babe,Life,love and marriage is not mathematics, 1+1 may not be 2 and must not be 2 too. Love,life,marriage is well defined in 1 corinthians 13 vs 4-8.
Re: American Woman/nigerian Guy by babadey(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Babe,Follow ya heart

(1) (Reply)

Gay Fingers Pointing At...? / He Has 3 Wives Already, And He Still Wants Me! What Should I Do? / Who Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.